Daily race C is plagued by cheaters.

• Thread starter talhaONE
  • 179 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Replays are already uploaded at Pd s server i am not making their job any easier. Any idiot can watch those replays if they want.

And yet, it was a lot easier for you to just exploit the hell out of it and post footage of you doing said thing just to make the point instead of using the PS4 share function to record a replay from the top 10 times showing offending players using it to make the same point? I guarantee the amount of jumping on you would be significantly less if you went that route.

Hell if you wanted to test this so bad, here's one way you could've done it without Sport Mode: Create a Room, select the offending track, turn on the penalty system and then replicate the very exploit you are reffering to (the very same method some users used months ago to further investigate people gaming the penalty system). And just like that, you could show your result to everyone without the embarrassment you bought on yourself.

And yet, it was a lot easier for you to just exploit the hell out of it and post footage of you doing said thing just to make the point instead of using the PS4 share function to record a replay from the top 10 times showing offending players using it to make the same point? I guarantee the amount of jumping on you would be significantly less if you went that route.

Hell if you wanted to test this so bad, here's one way you could've done it without Sport Mode: Create a Room, select the offending track, turn on the penalty system and then replicate the very exploit you are reffering to (the very same method some users used months ago to further investigate people gaming the penalty system). And just like that, you could show your result to everyone without the embarrassment you bought on yourself.

tenor.gif

Weird flex but OK, I didn't know about it until this thread. Conduct aside, if this thread is educational to even one person it does at least have value.
Only point I was trying to make is that it seemed disingenuous that the OP felt the need to test something that was already tested. This thread has been about a lot more than just uncovering a cheat. Not disputing that people get their information from GT Planet.

do not repeat this!
let me show you again: this,
don't do: this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this

I'm sorry to report that they haven't fixed the problem. I went slow early in the lap while testing this, to make sure I didn't set a time faster than I can do legitimately. I first drove a lap where I took the chicane properly, so the time delta would show the cutting time relative to the clean time. I again drove slow early in the lap, and approaching the chicane my time delta was -1.85 seconds. I then did, quite frankly, a really bad job of cutting the track, but still crossed the line with a time delta of -2.7 seconds, i.e. I gained 0.85 seconds by cutting. The lap registered as legit, and I got a 2 second penalty early in the following lap.

I am posting the above because other people WILL do this whether I post it or not, but because the gain is smaller, it will be less obvious than before. So my aim in publishing this video is to try to cause it to be fixed ASAP.

The time I recorded using the cut was nearly 5 secs slower than my legit time prior to the wipe, so I hope nobody regards that as cheating. I'll go back now and beat it with a clean time (edit: done).

Further edit: If this somehow reaches PD, I have a suggestion for a better way to solve this problem. Get rid of the extra barriers (this can be done for Goodwood as well), and instead, make the time penalty retroactively invalidate the lap where the cutting occurred. Change the point at which the penalty is given so that it always happens no later than when you cross the finish line, and ensure this works both for qualifying, and the last lap of the race. It needs to also work if the player is off the track at the point of crossing the line, this should always apply a penalty to the lap that was just completed, including if it's the last lap of a race.

Last edited:
Oh. My. Goodness.

YOU PEOPLE are getting way too bent out of shape over this. Sure, it's annoying, but this level of hemorrhoids over it...sweet baby jebus.

First world problems.

Fortunately gtplanet is not where people deal with first world matters or problems. Here we deal with gaming matters, in this instance GTS problems, of which cheating (and apparently cheat testing) together with a scew penalty system are quite significant. So peaople are just expressing some frustrations with something they do kinda care about. If its gonna help, well thats a different story.

Last edited:
To me... I have lost respect a system that responsibility/overview penalty. Due the reason is too many times and often changing rules that had gotten worsen. Very little improve on some certain area. I love the race and continues regardless the grade of driver and sportsmanship rated I carried as well others too. Everybody cheated till caught and some got away. Thats the reality of today sport event.

Fortunately gtplanet is not where people deal with first world matters or problems. Here we deal with gaming matters, in this instance GTS problems, of which cheating (and apparently cheat testing) together with a scew penalty system are quite significant. So peaople are just expressing some frustrations with something they do kinda care about. If its gonna help, well thats a different story.

Ummm, video game problems are indeed "first world problems". AKA frivolous things people of privilege complain about while others struggle with core necessities like clean water.

Bit of a comprehension failure on your part. Thanks for playing though.

This thread is glorious. Now we need a bit of updates are not free and the Supra MkV is an unterwagen, and I think this thread would have everything!

Anyways, back on topic, what if PD went the pCARS 2 practice mode route and invalidate any and all laps where you go outside of the track limits? I know this can be massively frustrating, especially when you accidentally go off because of a mistake and what would have cost you a tenth is now worth basically the entire lap, but everyone would be on the same foot, and being unable to exceed track limits is basically an street course where the track limits are the barriers. This is what I'd do even in the real world.

This thread is glorious. Now we need a bit of updates are not free and the Supra MkV is an unterwagen, and I think this thread would have everything!

Anyways, back on topic, what if PD went the pCARS 2 practice mode route and invalidate any and all laps where you go outside of the track limits? I know this can be massively frustrating, especially when you accidentally go off because of a mistake and what would have cost you a tenth is now worth basically the entire lap, but everyone would be on the same foot, and being unable to exceed track limits is basically an street course where the track limits are the barriers. This is what I'd do even in the real world.
One little mistake already costs you the entire next lap here.
Not sure why they couldn't have a slow down zone on the last straight before the final chicane.

All I know is I am terrible at this track so far. I may never win the Red Bull enduro in GT league. Got lapped in my one complete run on it.I did the sport race once. Wasn' t familiar enough to know where pit in was so had to crank up the fuel management in order to last until the end. Can't say I saw anyone cheat. They were all in another zip code.:lol:

Why people are still writing in this thread? Glitch is gone and i have not given even a warning for the cut.

Move on.

Ummm, video game problems are indeed "first world problems". AKA frivolous things people of privilege complain about while others struggle with core necessities like clean water.

Bit of a comprehension failure on your part. Thanks for playing though.

No failure this side, just a different perspective of what this forum is all about. GTP is mostly for gaming matters where people can voice their concerns and discuss game related matters. If we want to discuss real first world problems [your definition] like poverty, water needs etc, then forums like the world economic forum [wec]and gsef fit that purpose just fine.

Anyway, this conversation leads nowhere, so cheers.

lol jesus christ. its a gran turismo forum. how dare we complain about cheaters.

I appreciated the head's up on the exploit and that it could be done in the race so crucifying with memes and insults made this thread uncomfortable reading for someone who saw the topic as informative.

Why people are still writing in this thread? Glitch is gone and i have not given even a warning for the cut.

Move on.

People won't move on, because you've made a thread full of comedy gold material - if you wanted to fade back in non-existence then you shouldn't have been such a monumental fool. On the plus side, I'm still enjoying the memes.

TalhaONE.jpg

I appreciated the head's up on the exploit and that it could be done in the race so crucifying with memes and insults made this thread uncomfortable reading for someone who saw the topic as informative.

I partly agree (I think this thread has run its course) but the OP posted a video of himself using the exploit to steal a win. That's not being informative, that's being a grade A 🤬 and everything that followed was in his own making.

I partly agree (I think this thread has run its course) but the OP posted a video of himself using the exploit to steal a win. That's not being informative, that's being a grade A 🤬 and everything that followed was in his own making.

5 pages of character assassination certainly got that point across.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back