Gran Turismo Unpopular Opinions Thread

• Thread starter Turbo
  • 791 comments
Gran Turismo is by far the most accurate racing simulator product on all the consoles, a
Here's one from me - Gran Turismo should do away with Rally. I've never liked it ever since Gt2, and I still don't

Offroad racing just feels incredibly unintuitive and awkward in this series, and I'd much rather either go with something more arcade-y like V-rally, WRC or DiRT, or with something more serious like Dirt Rally, Richard Burns Rally, or Colin McRae Rally
As a big WRC Fan, and also a WRC photographer I am so interested in this. Anyway the actual rally category is a piece of **** because you have fantasy cars, brands who never belong to WRC (Mustang and Honda), cars who will feel better on Pikes Peak (Peugeot and Audi). Its the same as we would have a Alfa Romeo Giulia in Nascar, or a Fiat 500X GT3. I hoped them fixed it since the launch but ‘rally mode’ feels like who was left alone to die because not born well.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have heard some people complaining about Group 3 and Group 4 cars being outdated. I have originally thought the same way, with GT Sport deprecating fictional Gr. 3 cars and older GT3 cars in favor of newer variants; but I have thought of a better idea, that can be described as a minority opinion; go the full arcade route, have car manufacturers make road car concepts(like the GT by Citroen) and have them compete in fantasy tracks with FIA-authorized BOP. This allows some manufacturers(most notably Peugeot, which is nicely represented with its own Vision GT in this game but cannot compete in other motorsports-inspired games due to its lack of RWD cars, which effectively disqualifies them from GT3 or GT4) that doesn't have a GT3/GT4 certified track machine to compete. It also allows GT Sport to differentiate itself from other FIA-certified motorsports games(most notably Assetto Corsa Competizione, which bills itself as the official game for Blancpain GT series).

The Dodge Super Bee '69 is damn unuseful and ugly.

In terms of classic muscle cars, only the Camaro Z28 and the Trans Am are remotely useful in races because they have the proper gear ratios for races instead of the stupid 1/4 spec which has no business anywhere besides the drag strip.

Windroad aka Gran Turismo 2 Arcade Music used to be cool.

But thanks to the presence in GTSport GTLeague as the only OST, it becomes rather annoying.

When I race cars in the game, mostly I always pick and drive LHD cars because that's the orientation I grew up with IRL. Rarely I drive RHD cars and pick them only if I have no choice.

How I wish some of my fave RHD cars are also available in LHD form but to no avail, because I really believe the cars would be more complete that way and I'm at least satisfied.

When I race cars in the game, mostly I always pick and drive LHD cars because that's the orientation I grew up with IRL. Rarely I drive RHD cars and pick them only if I have no choice.

How I wish some of my fave RHD cars are also available in LHD form but to no avail, because I really believe the cars would be more complete that way and I'm at least satisfied.
You must live in one of those countries that insist on driving on the wrong side of the road! :lol:

Any Tokyo layout track in GTS is pure garbage

I don't think this is an unpopular opinion.

Yeah, you're just stating a fact. :lol:

Also. I don't care for Spa AT ALL. Haven't done a single race there this week and I'm not planning to. I really don't like sharp chicanes at the end of high speed sections. To me it's just the laziest way to make something harder. And it completely kills the flow of the track.

Last edited:
Any Tokyo layout track in GTS is pure garbage

Absolutley. Tokyo is just painful.

I have to confess, that I personally like GT4 more than these GT3 racecars.

Maybe I´m getting old, but it feels a bit like the good old times of touring car racing. I somehow enjoy it to race against 4x4, FWD, RWD and MR cars.

I would love to see a small Sport Mode Championship, maybe 3 races á 10 minutes with different tracks.

Unpopular opinion: I don’t care for esports and online racing to compete seriously . And that me personally I don’t care how well a group of people can play a racing video game regardless of payout and sense of accomplishment that comes with it. Still waiting on an actual Gran Turismo.

*Cough* Lenny Ibizarre *Cough*

His songs are still played on Transmission Mode.
His songs need to be deleted from the game. Especially "Melancholia", which sounds really depressing and does not fit the theme of the game at all. I really hate that song, but it sound a tad bit more pleasant than anything from Carly Rae Jepsen, Deueleuelpeeulleupule (hint: "New Rules") and Billie Ellish.

The rest of his other songs really have the urge to put me to sleep, and that "Pink Flamingo" is his only decent song, which has the occasional "AYY-AYY-AYY-EE-AYY!!!" as its lyrics.

Jesus imagine the other guy.

source.gif

Gran Turismo is by far the most accurate racing simulator product on all the consoles, a

As a big WRC Fan, and also a WRC photographer I am so interested in this. Anyway the actual rally category is a piece of **** because you have fantasy cars, brands who never belong to WRC (Mustang and Honda), cars who will feel better on Pikes Peak (Peugeot and Audi). Its the same as we would have a Alfa Romeo Giulia in Nascar, or a Fiat 500X GT3. I hoped them fixed it since the launch but ‘rally mode’ feels like who was left alone to die because not born well.

it just should not be in the game. it needs too much work to do well and TBH deserves it's own platform.

Last edited by a moderator:
Unpopular opinion time.

The original tracks are garbage and need to be scrapped. Why anyone would want them in over tracks like Silverstone, Daytona or Laguna is beyond me personally. For a game that's in partnership with the FIA the fact that so many fantasy tracks are still in the game is puzzling.

Unpopular opinion: I don’t care for esports and online racing to compete seriously . And that me personally I don’t care how well a group of people can play a racing video game regardless of payout and sense of accomplishment that comes with it. Still waiting on an actual Gran Turismo.
That's not unpopular at all^^ All the guys at GT world tour events look really cool but I think 99% of people are waiting for a proper GT : Grand Valley, cool music and a GT500 Castrol Supra.

Unpopular opinion time.

The original tracks are garbage and need to be scrapped. Why anyone would want them in over tracks like Silverstone, Daytona or Laguna is beyond me personally. For a game that's in partnership with the FIA the fact that so many fantasy tracks are still in the game is puzzling.

Yes, exactly. Trial Mountain, Deep Forest, Highspeed Ring and all the other original tracks are annoying me personally. There are so many cool circuits out there....

Unpopular opinion time.

IMHO Laguna and Silverstone are average, at absolute best. Silverstone is just plain boring and needlessly fiddly and laguna is one weird corner and a lot of short runs that make it near impossible to pass.

I'd be far keener on;

Road America
Phillip island
Sepang
Watkins Glen
Mosport

That would add true character a depth.

Yeah, you're just stating a fact. :lol:

Also. I don't care for Spa AT ALL. Haven't done a single race there this week and I'm not planning to. I really don't like sharp chicanes at the end of high speed sections. To me it's just the laziest way to make something harder. And it completely kills the flow of the track.
You should take your grievances to the FIA, because they're the ones responsible for that kinda stuff. It's kinda mandatory for a chicane like that to exist in any FIA approved circuit.

I
IMHO Laguna and Silverstone are average, at absolute best. Silverstone is just plain boring and needlessly fiddly and laguna is one weird corner and a lot of short runs that make it near impossible to pass.

I'd be far keener on;

Road America
Phillip island
Sepang
Watkins Glen
Mosport

That would add true character a depth.

Oh I agree, I just mentioned them as they were in 6 and aren't in Sport. 100% agree with those you've listed though. Brilliant tracks. I'd add Portimao and Sebring too.

Unpopular opinion time.

In my case, it's because original tracks (and the more obscure real-world venues) give racing sims a unique selling point.
Also, IMO Silverstone only gets the love it gets because it's European. Put it in the United States and watch people's tones change.

In my case, it's because original tracks (and the more obscure real-world venues) give racing sims a unique selling point.
Also, IMO Silverstone only gets the love it gets because it's European. Put it in the United States and watch people's tones change.

Totally disagree regarding Silverstone. Yes the new layout is nothing on the 90s/2000s version but it's still one hell of a track, no matter where in the world it may be. Corners like Copse, Maggots/Becketts and Stowe are legendary and there aren't many corners as good as them around the world and none in the US. Silverstone's main problem for me now is that there is way too much tarmac run off and it kind of loses that edge it once had. Spa is similar but they didn't change the track too much to go with all the tarmac run off.

Latest Posts

Back