"Daily" Race Discussion [Archive]

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by LordDrift, Jan 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brouwer

Brouwer

What will the races be next week?

I hope an oval :p

Pigems likes this.
  2. M4GIC JU4N

M4GIC JU4N

Ah! Cheers, yeah that makes sense

Oh, even better! I’ll check that out. I swear knowing that it’s real people you’re racing makes it super stressful. Maybe this will help! :D

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 10, 2019
    Pigems likes this.
  3. golfer07840

golfer07840

Race A will be 81 Porsche at Isle Speedway

Race B will be N200 at Suzuka

Race C will be Samba Bus at Fuji

I'm kidding. I have no idea.

Brouwer, Sven Jurgens, Pigems and 2 others like this.
  4. williams_v_r

williams_v_r

I kept the 2nd place

If you know keep the pace. the car works fine

Pigems and RacingGrandpa like this.
  5. sturk0167

sturk0167

Only in the pre-race screen. During the race, the triangle makes my car go in reverse. Maybe you can change it in the controller option settings.

Pigems likes this.
  6. Leggacy

Leggacy

Anyone know what the races for next week are? I’ll miss the MX5

Pigems and sturk0167 like this.
  7. sturk0167

sturk0167

No info available, yet. Monday surprise.

Pigems likes this.
  8. stpatty

stpatty

I'm off work for the week, so expect the following:

Mini Madness at Goodwood
    Gr. 4 at Lago Maggiore
    Gr.2 at Fuji

Pigems likes this.
  9. MDJCM

MDJCM

Is it possible to get in the same daily race lobbies with friends? Or a friend even. I like the daily races, would be good to have someone else I know on the track in the same races.

Pigems likes this.
  10. Mistah_MCA

Mistah_MCA

As long as you all are on the same region, yes, it's possible. I think you also need to be on a similar SR as well.

Pigems likes this.
  11. RacingGrandpa

RacingGrandpa

And have similar qualified laptimes.

Mistah_MCA and Pigems like this.
  12. MaxAttack

MaxAttack

Well, as predicted, I'm slow around Yamagiwa. I chose the Aston for MaxComfort and put in three sloppy laps whilst queuing, the best being a 1.37.497. Dived into the race at P10, about where I expected, on a nice mixed grid but obviously with a fair few Supras, and a couple of Z4s, I can only presume because of Super GT as I don't think I've ever seen one raced before now.

I didn't expect much from this one, I only hoped to get around clean, but the first lap was absolute chaos, and after being propelled to 3rd by way of not crashing, I battled a Supra, an Alfa, and an FT-1 for positions 2-5 the whole rest of the way... Lots of flashes in my mirror as they clearly thought they had a right to pass because of my slower pace, but I did my best making the Aston very wide and thankfully, the Alfa that did pass me for 3rd did so cleanly.

Beautiful result - up 600DR to the tippy top of C, and SR back to max thanks to the clean race. Race B maybe not so bad after all, only took me all week to find it...

...forgot to save replay as usual.

13. williams_v_r

williams_v_r

Too bad in FIA races
    I need a wheel now

watto79 and Pigems like this.
  14. Mistah_MCA

Mistah_MCA

If you guys thought that this week's C race and the Nordchleife race with the Swift were snooze-fests, you should have seen today's Supra race. Short race (5 laps), no-stopper, which means the cars are slower, all created an incredibly dull race. It felt like a bedtime story: it made me want to fall asleep.

15. Hasnain282

Hasnain282

And then there was the top split EMEA qualifying...

PirovacBoy, GT5Power, watto79 and 2 others like this.
  16. CrimsonKing

CrimsonKing

Sounded so plausible that I was already loading the samba bus on the livery editor.

17. Mistah_MCA

Mistah_MCA

Lightning showed that on Twitter. Holy heck, that is incredible.

One of my friends and I fuel burned from the very start of Quali, so we were kinda just left alone.

watto79, Qyn, Pigems and 1 other person like this.
  18. Hasnain282

Hasnain282

Yeah I wasn't in it :lol: That's where I saw it as well

Qyn, Pigems and Mistah_MCA like this.
  19. NevilleNobody

NevilleNobody

Tried the M3. Ran a time within 0.07 of my time with the jag, so there's bugger all in it for me anyway. It's faster on the straight but understeers more through the esses. I do find it more skittish over the curbs so as a race car i'd be a bit nervous.

Here's a pretty good race with the Jag, the penalty on lap one was infuriating and I lost my rhythm, running slow laps and allowing P2 into the race.

You can see on laps 1 and 4 the time gained when you get the chicane right.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2019
    Pigems and Qyn like this.
  20. Shearzy

Shearzy

She'll always be Emily to me

21. RaceFace85

RaceFace85

Drift overtake in Daily Race B

Redsea666, Platzlurch, Rods and 7 others like this.
  22. Shearzy

Shearzy

About to try my first manufacturers race...I must say, the intro has me giggling like a fool

Qualified 4th, finished 5th

Last edited: Aug 11, 2019
  23. Leggacy

Leggacy

There’s a fast way around a corner and there’s a stylish way. That seemed to be a nice combination of both :)

Redsea666, Rods, JoeyLeonine and 6 others like this.
  24. Shearzy

Shearzy

Went back to my original account, was getting tired of EMILY.

IMG_20190811_004413.jpg

Finally made it to fidy

25. RacingGrandpa

RacingGrandpa

Strange races yesterday, ran 3 race B, ran off in two because I got distracted by people in my living room. But still got DR and SR up...

Redsea666, Qyn, Pigems and 1 other person like this.
  26. VulcanSpirit

VulcanSpirit

What a save!

Redsea666, Qyn and Pigems like this.
  27. TurboTacho

TurboTacho

Back to the daily races after weeks.

Went for a few Race B and it was filled with Japanese players... Should it be a blessing or a curse I don't know. Half of them were wrecking each other like a demolition derby on the track.

Finished mostly at the back because of my struggle with Gr.3 cars. I took some time off daily races to better learn Gr.3 and Gr.4 cars without TC.

On the unfortunate experience. I just find some players being really cancerous and deliberately causing a collision so you'd end up with a time penalty. But that's all as it is, DR dropped SR dropped to A.

I think at this rate I might just quit daily races with those idiots that don't look out for one another. The lobby has much tame players than them. Perhaps the minimum I'd do is to post my competitive times and let the rest unfold itself into history...

28. Ashthebash

Ashthebash

Think people have definitely got more aggressive because it's so hard to overtake, even if you're significantly faster. Had some cracking races there though when it's been clean and there's a certain satisfaction to be had when you make a good, hard but fair overtake

Redsea666, Qyn, EinsTheOne and 3 others like this.
  29. RaceFace85

RaceFace85

This wasn't a save. This is just the way I drive this chicane.

30. Redneckchef

Redneckchef

@watto79 I can agree with you on race C getting nasty. Had avoided daily races for several days, had another go at C tonight, started 7th, ended up 5th after some spins and random bits on lap 1. From there it was hold my pace and get smashed off the racing line by impatient drivers. Nothing penalty worthy by PD standards, but constant pushing into corners to upset the car and lots of 'love taps' to get them past me. Including one muppet who went 3 wide heading into turn 1. I was the meat in the sandwich and backed out, guy outside lost it, guy who went on the inside lost it, I kept the spot until they nudged me wide with a pretty solid line at the hairpin. Still annoyed at the general shoving and barging but managed to nurse my DR up slightly so I guess it is still a win after all the loss. I still think that race is too long for cars that crippled on acceleration.

Redsea666, DK, Qyn and 5 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.