"Daily" Race Discussion [Archive]

• Thread starter LordDrift
  • 79,453 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I figured I would try a Suzuka race in SR.C, see what that's like. I gave myself a false start penalty to ghost and get to the side to let the other non qualifiers go ahead. A wise decision as the first lap was comedy gold, viewed from a safe distance.

I made it to 4th place by lap 4 yet there I met this individual
GovNHZv.gif

Not just once

wU4Oy2b.gif

Not just twice

oC5mp1S.gif

Three times.

He didn't get a penalty for any of that. The 3rd time I steered myself into the wall to see if a penalty would trigger, nope. The problem was, he's SR.E so allowed to do anything he wants. He must have gotten SR Down though since he had a blue E at the end. With the massive boost in SR you get at SR.E he must have gotten quite a few deductions to stay in SR.E. I've been bumped to SR.E a few times and always ended back up at SR.B straight after from the SR boost. So I finished 4th with clean race bonus and +29 SR, from 26 to 55.

Why does PD reward this behavior? Sure, I reported him, yet that has never led to anything. Why give people in SR.E a free pass to mess up races? Why match them with people that try to have a clean race?

Did PD forget about Alsace? i can't remember the last time that came out

Alsace II was used in June for GR2. What the heck every happened with St Croix? They released the track, used it the following week and never seen again. Very weird.

Last time it was all FF, but the update might have changed it

I did some Time Trials and I tried the Lambo, TT and the Mazda. TT was the way to go.

Alsace II was used in June for GR2. What the heck every happened with St Croix? They released the track, used it the following week and never seen again. Very weird.

I did some Time Trials and I tried the Lambo, TT and the Mazda. TT was the way to go.
St. Croix? Is that a new track DLC?
But for real, it's weird that it hasn't come up in a while now.

Might not be everyone's cup of tea, but it's nice to mix things up with it.

I figured I would try a Suzuka race in SR.C, see what that's like. I gave myself a false start penalty to ghost and get to the side to let the other non qualifiers go ahead. A wise decision as the first lap was comedy gold, viewed from a safe distance.

I made it to 4th place by lap 4 yet there I met this individual
GovNHZv.gif

Not just once

wU4Oy2b.gif

Not just twice

oC5mp1S.gif

Three times.

He didn't get a penalty for any of that. The 3rd time I steered myself into the wall to see if a penalty would trigger, nope. The problem was, he's SR.E so allowed to do anything he wants. He must have gotten SR Down though since he had a blue E at the end. With the massive boost in SR you get at SR.E he must have gotten quite a few deductions to stay in SR.E. I've been bumped to SR.E a few times and always ended back up at SR.B straight after from the SR boost. So I finished 4th with clean race bonus and +29 SR, from 26 to 55.

Why does PD reward this behavior? Sure, I reported him, yet that has never led to anything. Why give people in SR.E a free pass to mess up races? Why match them with people that try to have a clean race?

If this is your first outting in Sport Mode on a fresh account then I think you stay at SR/E for the first 5 races regardless of what happens as your honeymoon period if you will...

Unlike a reset when you are straight back into the thick of it.

If this is your first outting in Sport Mode on a fresh account then I think you stay at SR/E for the first 5 races regardless of what happens as your honeymoon period if you will...

Unlike a reset when you are straight back into the thick of it.

You mean DR.E. You start as DR.E / SR.B (50 SR) and while DR doesn't change, your SR does already. I've seen E/S drivers and also E/D. I've never seen an E/E driver but then again it's an art to stay in SR.E. The 3x SR budget and near impossibility to get penalties make sure it's almost guaranteed you get promoted to SR.D or all the way up to SR.B in one race.

After your first 5 races you becomes DR.D with 2,000 DR bucks starter bonus. SR stays whatever you put it at in the first 5 races.

Good thing Tokyo is over. I did get some more fastest laps, second places and two victories on the way down to SR.C today.
Zx9d.jpg

It was a mess this morning, all Sunday drivers were present at the Tokyo spark way. I made a little compilation of questionable and out right wrong penalties, dumb moves, lucky brakes and crazy dive bombs. Enjoy the chaos:

Now this is how it should be done, amazing driver here

You might recognize the name from the video above this one, he also could not avoid getting thrown down the SR ladder.

Last edited:
We need that S800 race car

WOW! What am awesome little car. Handles sharp! Did a 1:05.990 to get started. Will be fun shaving time.

The PZ is right before the finish line. Should cause a lot of heartbreak.

Edit:
EBwNltDUwAAxzns

Did a quick Qualifier. no lift from T1 to the final turn. Did hit the fuel cutoff.
EBwNnclUYAAL9Je

Last edited:
You mean DR.E. You start as DR.E / SR.B (50 SR) and while DR doesn't change, your SR does already. I've seen E/S drivers and also E/D. I've never seen an E/E driver but then again it's an art to stay in SR.E. The 3x SR budget and near impossibility to get penalties make sure it's almost guaranteed you get promoted to SR.D or all the way up to SR.B in one race.

After your first 5 races you becomes DR.D with 2,000 DR bucks starter bonus. SR stays whatever you put it at in the first 5 races.

Good thing Tokyo is over. I did get some more fastest laps, second places and two victories on the way down to SR.C today.
Zx9d.jpg

It was a mess this morning, all Sunday drivers were present at the Tokyo spark way. I made a little compilation of questionable and out right wrong penalties, dumb moves, lucky brakes and crazy dive bombs. Enjoy the chaos:

You might recognize the name from the video above this one, he also could not avoid getting thrown down the SR ladder.

That first video makes me very happy I stayed away from race A this week.
In the second video there are two amazing drivers, who both respect each other while fighting clean but hard.

Did the new Daily race C race at Barcelona this morning and it is a no-stop race. Tyres aren't an issue but you will have to save fuel.

I managed it no problem with a lot of short shifting in the Mercedes AMG, and the guy behind me did it in a Lexus, but the Ford GT had to pit and he ended up 5th. Had a really good fight with the Lexus, but I think I saved a bit more fuel as I was able to push on the last lap and I think he was still saving.

Maybe the Mazda is a good one for this? I seem to remember it being fast around here and it having decent fuel economy. Mercedes AMG is definitely worth a go though as it seemed to pull well while short shifting.

Zx9d.jpg

You are quite correct. :bowdown:
I read what you said and decided it meant another thing entirely. Welcome to the internet.

As for this week... I imagine it will be a 4C party at Autopolis, but this is where I had the TT love affair, and its been a while since I drove it in anger so maybe we'll pick that again. Or the Evo, for all the cross country shenanigans!

Weapon.

EBwTfb5UIAAw2yL

Edit: I was able to hang with the 4C with speed. Megane just has the FF torque thing(plus low weight). In the Atenza, I only have brakes and corner exit acceleration. Off-throttle, it just understeers with no tuck in whatsoever.

EBwcwWZUYAAi8dV

EBwcyTNUcAAbX6Q

Last edited:
Maybe lobbies are the answer. Really wanted to join @Pigems lobby but had to work late last night.

You missed out on a lot of fun....and mayhem. A car that likes to pendulum and a track surrounded by walls... oh no! Not my paint!!!!! I even had a race I didn't finish last in :P.

Did the new Daily race C race at Barcelona this morning and it is a no-stop race. Tyres aren't an issue but you will have to save fuel.

Did you see many R8's? Last time at Catalunya it had the legs but I couldn't get the tyres to last even 1/2 way :crazy:.

You missed out on a lot of fun....and mayhem. A car that likes to pendulum and a track surrounded by walls... oh no! Not my paint!!!!! I even had a race I didn't finish last in :P.

Did you see many R8's? Last time at Catalunya it had the legs but I couldn't get the tyres to last even 1/2 way :crazy:.

It was the 1st race of the day so I think everyone just hopped in whatever car they fancied. It was on my 2nd account so I only had choice of the Alfa, Merc or Nissan, so I chose the Merc as it is the easiest to drive.

I never really noticed much wear on the tyres in my race so the R8 will probably be a monster because its fuel is pretty good, but I think it might be twitchy over the kerbs through the final chicane. Should be able to overtake on the straight because it will be good out of the final corner.

It appears that next week's race B (Gr.4, Autopolis) is the same race we had a couple of months ago. @BenRod, you qualified #54. 👍 Do you remember what car you were using? Was it a front-wheel drive dominated race?

I don't think I even tried tried the race, because I was bad at that track. After doing the 86/BRZ race a few weeks ago, the track has grown on me. It's probably the race I will do the most, next week.

I don't really like Barcelona or Gr.3, so that's an easy pass. I might get into the A race if it ends up being a good car, but Suzuka East for the 20th time. :rolleyes:

Scirocco... it seemed to do Turn 1 and the top hill hairpin better than the other FF.

I'm gonna miss the 930.

A lot of alpha! I thought it would be bad track for them!
It was like this the last time Gr.4 raced there. 4C, STI and Evo. The Megane Trophy is fiendishly quick in the fast corners. However, the cars that I've used so far, the Atenza has too much understeer off-throttle. All the others are competitive. Such as, the car below. I was out accelerating the WRX behind me all race! It's got super quick turn and good aero in the fast corners. 2nd gear acceleration is lethal. So much punch. Video soon.

EBw32HVVAAYp6_v

EBw3wGSU8AILP4C

Which Gr.3 car is most fuel-efficient?
And which one is kindest to tires?

Ferrari, Jaguar, Toyota Supra probably top picks. The Porsche is pretty competitive from what I have seen also. Tire wear isn't the issue, fuel management is.

Picked up 2 wins from 2 races tonight, really happy with the pace as I only did 3 laps of practice before jumping in, I'm not usually like that in terms of getting up to speed from little running. I guess the Nations cup practice in the N500 kinda helped with track familiarity as I have not done many laps around here since it was added late last year.

Gran Turismo™SPORT_20190812202525.png Gran Turismo™SPORT_20190812205520.png

It was like this the last time Gr.4 raced there. 4C, STI and Evo. The Megane Trophy is fiendishly quick in the fast corners. However, the cars that I've used so far, the Atenza has too much understeer off-throttle. All the others are competitive. Such as, the car below. I was out accelerating the WRX behind me all race! It's got super quick turn and good aero in the fast corners. 2nd gear acceleration is lethal. So much punch. Video soon.

EBw32HVVAAYp6_v

EBw3wGSU8AILP4C

Nice race! Waiting for a video! And what is the best pick for this race? (in your opinion)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back