"Daily" Race Discussion [Archive]

• Thread starter LordDrift
  • 79,453 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi! Yesterdays race B was disaster. I spend about an hour to set Q time, 1,58.4xx ok good enough for me. Into the race! Starting 3rd, until 1st corner... This is just stupid how some people drive... Why even bother to set good Q time when others just hit you and treat you like ****.... How dr B drivers can drive so bad??? How did they get to dr B??? Action makes reaction, so I just started to punish idiots, funny thing that after race they called me dirty, like they forgot 1st lap... Today I gonna be the baddest mother****er on the track, just touch me anf you will see! Im switching into punisher/Lobo mode;) sooo if you are dirty beware!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi! Yesterdays race B was disaster. I spend about an hour to set Q time, 1,58.4xx ok good enough for me. Into the race! Starting 3rd, until 1st corner... This is just stupid how some people drive... Why even bother to set good Q time when others just hit you and treat you like ****.... How dr B drivers can drive so bad??? How did they get to dr B??? Action makes reaction, so I just started to punish idiots, funny thing that after race they called me dirty, like they forgot 1st lap... Today I gonna be the baddest mother****er on the track, just touch me anf you will see! Im switching into punisher/Lobo mode;) sooo if you are dirty beware!
This is the reason the racing gets worse and worse. What if the guy who punted you in t1 misjudged his braking point and hit you by mistake? At least view the replay from his view point before you decide. Most of what is called dirty driving is mistakes.
Yes, there are bad apples, but the majority is just bad drivers, not dirty ones.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is the reason the racing gets worse and worse. What if the guy who punted you in t1 misjudged his braking point and hit you by mistake? At least view the replay from his view point before you decide. Most of what is called dirty driving is mistakes.
Yes, there are bad apples, but the majority is just bad drivers, not dirty ones.
Case in point. The player ahead of me, always tags me and a few others before each race. The WRX is trying to recover from an earlier incident, the RSR is trying to avoid and gets a bit of a slide recovering. WRX sees it as a shove and eventually punts the RSR. I'm not having it.

Case in point. The player ahead of me, always tags me and a few others before each race. The WRX is trying to recover from an earlier incident, the RSR is trying to avoid and gets a bit of a slide recovering. WRX sees it as a shove and eventually punts the RSR. I'm not having it.

Yes, that is pretty obvious. It's also pretty obvious that he won't understand why. He thinks that he just payed back....

I agree that most of accidents are made by mistakes. But hey, do I have to suffer ftom someone else bad driving? Racing requires PREDICTING, its obvious that if youre starting 4th especcialy on Nurb GP, you must brake much earlier than normal beacause there are 3 cars ahead of you. I spend my time to get good Q time, and I dont care if someone hitted me intentionally or by mistake, result for me is the same! And other thing, if someone is clean driver after hitting should give position back, I always do that when hit someone by mistake. Or I should do nothing and let dirty/weak drivers gain their position by hitting everybodys ahead of them? I see no better solution than giving them back what they give me. Maybe another time he will be more cautios and brake earlier? Maybe its the way to teach them how to drive? I dont know

I agree that most of accidents are made by mistakes. But hey, do I have to suffer ftom someone else bad driving? Racing requires PREDICTING, its obvious that if youre starting 4th especcialy on Nurb GP, you must brake much earlier than normal beacause there are 3 cars ahead of you. I spend my time to get good Q time, and I dont care if someone hitted me intentionally or by mistake, result for me is the same! And other thing, if someone is clean driver after hitting should give position back, I always do that when hit someone by mistake. Or I should do nothing and let dirty/weak drivers gain their position by hitting everybodys ahead of them? I see no better solution than giving them back what they give me. Maybe another time he will be more cautios and brake earlier? Maybe its the way to teach them how to drive? I dont know
I can guarantee that it's not teaching him to be a better driver. It is also not making your race any better.
You even said that after the race they called you dirty. So it's pretty much certain that they thought you where the culprit.
No one gains from this. OK, if someone is pushing people off left and right or are obviously very dirty,like trying to pit manoeuvre you, then I support pushing them off for the race to be safer.
But if someone missed their brake point and push me off then what do I gain from chasing them down and return the favour? Nothing. No one's race gets better from that.
It's better to show that you are faster and that you can win while being legit.

Last edited:
People need to realize that apart from the guy in pole you cant drive hot lap lines and braking marks the first few corners or probably the first lap. You have to accept that you will NOT pass 10 cars in the first turn. Its sad, yes, but we have to accept the thruth.

I got a 1:05.535 qt at Race A so I´ve had my fair share of puntarino in the first few bends.

I found that braking late as **** and trail braking tight to the inside and shift down to first gear at the apex is the best defense. The first gear rotates the car and makes it really stable against punters. Shift up as soon as you start to accelerate.

And remember, if your faster than the punters and dirty drivers you will beat them at dirty driving too. I know I am

I can guarantee that it's not teaching him to be a better driver. It is also not making your race any better.
You even said that after the race they called you dirty. So it's pretty much certain that they thought you where the culprit.
No one gains from this. OK, if someone is pushing people off left and right or are obviously very dirty,like trying to put manoeuvre you, then I support pushing them off for the race to be safer.
But if someone missed their brake point and push me off then what do I gain from chasing them down and return the favour? Nothing. No one's race gets better from that.

The voice of common sense. I'm of the opinion that 99% of players start each race with a clean mindset*. The problems start when someone bumps someone, which results in a revenge bump, that escalates from there and gets more people involved until blatant ramming is going on.

People need to learn that after being bumped the best course of action is to get your head down and back racing rather than make the problem worse.

We're all amateur racers. Contact is inevitable. How we choose to react when it happens is the difference between us. Yes I am somewhat of a hypocrite in saying this having done my fair share of revenge punts.

* The current penalty system may have changed this.

No one gains from this. OK, if someone is pushing people off left and right or are obviously very dirty,like trying to put manoeuvre you, then I support pushing them off for the race to be safer.
You can not guarantee what he thinks beacause you are not him:) Yes race isnt better when I take revenge, but it isnt worse beacause its bad from 1st corner:) I repeat: for me there is no difference between dirty and mistake, my race is ruined. I should just let them do this? Thats not what my father teach me;)

You can not guarantee what he thinks beacause you are not him:) Yes race isnt better when I take revenge, but it isnt worse beacause its bad from 1st corner:) I repeat: for me there is no difference between dirty and mistake, my race is ruined. I should just let them do this? Thats not what my father teach me;)

Sure, your race might be ruined (if you are fast you can often get back up there) but often when people do like you there are third parties getting caught up in the fray and hey presto! Now you are the one who ruined a race for an innocent driver.
What you are doing is inevitable leading to a Hatfield/McCoy scenario. If you really like clean racing you should try and lead by example, or at least not contribute to the spreading of such behavior.

And yes, I can not guarantee what he is thinking, but from the races I have been in since this new penalty "system" I can tell you it will not make anyone a better driver. Not him, nor you.
Now ask your father, if someone bumps into you in the street walking, should you punch him? I doubt that's what he taught you.

Sure, your race might be ruined (if you are fast you can often get back up there) but often when people do like you there are third parties getting caught up in the fray and hey presto! Now you are the one who ruined a race for an innocent driver.
What you are doing is inevitable leading to a Hatfield/McCoy scenario. If you really like clean racing you should try and lead by example, or at least not contribute to the spreading of such behavior.

And yes, I can not guarantee what he is thinking, but from the races I have been in since this new penalty "system" I can tell you it will not make anyone a better driver. Not him, nor you.
Now ask your father, if someone bumps into you in the street walking, should you punch him? I doubt that's what he taught you.
Off course not:D But it would be funny;) As I said Im not gonna let dirty/bad driver to gain any DR at my cost. Hitted me by mistake? Just be fair and give position back, its simple. Youre a swedish, nation known for their calm and politeness, maybe thats why you look different on this problem. Im slavic blooded savage:DDD

Off course not:D But it would be funny;) As I said Im not gonna let dirty/bad driver to gain any DR at my cost. Hitted me by mistake? Just be fair and give position back, its simple. Youre a swedish, nation known for their calm and politeness, maybe thats why you look different on this problem. Im slavic blooded savage:DDD
It would be nice if they gave the position back, yes. I try and do that if I make a bad pass too. Still, when I ignore a punter and keep racing I almost always still enjoy the race and often pass him anyway.

And yes, we Swedes (I'm actually Danish, but live in Sweden since 30 years) are known for calm and polite. We are also the countries where words like berserk and viking comes from, so it only goes so far.

It would be nice if they gave the position back, yes. I try and do that if I make a bad pass too. Still, when I ignore a punter and keep racing I almost always still enjoy the race and often pass him anyway.

And yes, we Swedes (I'm actually Danish, but live in Sweden since 30 years) are known for calm and polite. We are also the countries where words like berserk and viking comes from, so it only goes so far.
Oh yes great proud vikings! They wont let punter gets away;) You reminded me movie "The Clerks" and song "Berseker". It was very funny:)

People need to realize that apart from the guy in pole you cant drive hot lap lines and braking marks the first few corners or probably the first lap. You have to accept that you will NOT pass 10 cars in the first turn. Its sad, yes, but we have to accept the thruth.

Well that's not entirely accurate... on Saturday afternoon my time (Friday evening for many others), I went from last place to first before the first corner......

And I was thinking "sisu" :P.

The Scandi Power is for real!

Yea im a 190cm 100kg bearded viking and as swedish as they come and ive never entered a race angry and I always want to race clean, but....

Swedes and scandinavians are known for being nice, nice, nice, nice until we are NOT! So yea, my plan usually goes out the window midway the puntfest and enter the goth beserk...

And im a bit dissapointed that its no better in B than in D...

EDIT: Yes I am aware of my behaviour becomes part of the problem and effects innocent by-riders. They are in my thoughts

The Scandi Power is for real!

Yea im a 190cm 100kg bearded viking and as swedish as they come and ive never entered a race angry and I always want to race clean, but....

Swedes and scandinavians are known for being nice, nice, nice, nice until we are NOT! So yea, my plan usually goes out the window midway the puntfest and enter the goth beserk...

And im a bit dissapointed that its no better in B than in D...
Your name gave you away :)
I think that it's the same in all DR classes. Hopefully the update on the 29th has a fix for the penalty system.

By the way, your size is somewhat of a standard here :)
I'm 189 and 110.

Got some laps in on A and C last night. Got the Mazda to a 1:05.5 and the Honda to a 1:43.1, optimal in the Honda is 42.8 so I’m gonna give it another go tonight. I wish they would just leave the cars at 100/100 when it’s a one make, there is absolutely no need for BoP in these races.

Got some laps in on A and C last night. Got the Mazda to a 1:05.5 and the Honda to a 1:43.1, optimal in the Honda is 42.8 so I’m gonna give it another go tonight. I wish they would just leave the cars at 100/100 when it’s a one make, there is absolutely no need for BoP in these races.

I think they sometime change the parameters to suit a track or to suit an anticipated race length. If leaving it 100/100 means that the race ends after 17 minutes instead of 15 (as an example), they may tweak the cars to make them faster to finish in 15 mins.

It's difficult to tell from the angle but okay 👍
I can upload footage from all the cars if you like.

The fact that he punted the Jaguar was what made me do what I did.
Note that I've braked in time to make the chicane and only after the Mercedes runs into the back of the Jaguar I get back on the power with leftward momentum.
Being a fairly competent pool and snooker player helped me line up that shot.

And just as a final note - The Jag and Merc both got reset but the Jag got away well ahead of the Merc, so yeah, he probably did appreciate it.

Last edited:
I can upload footage from all the cars if you like.

The fact that he punted the Jaguar was what made me do what I did.
Note that I've braked in time to make the chicane and only after the Mercedes runs into the back of the Jaguar I get back on the power with leftward momentum.
Being a fairly competent pool and snooker player helped me line up that shot.

And just as a final note - The Jag and Merc both got reset but the Jag got away well ahead of the Merc, so yeah, he probably did appreciate it.

It's all good I'm sure you're right. I'm not a fan of revenge punts in general as innocent parties often get the brunt of it, but I can see that's not the case here that I first thought. No need to prove your innocence with more videos :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back