"Daily" Race Discussion [Archive]

• Thread starter LordDrift
  • 79,453 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
3pbioy.jpg

I've done it. Yup :dunce: :lol:

What do you do in a Saturday when there is a greater chance of unskilled drivers on the track? Work at qualifying to try to catch a front row spot. Got 2nd in my first race, then pushed off by someone from a certain country. Got race A down to a 1:29.98. It would have been a pole in that last race. :irked:

Edit: Ran a 1:29.842 in race. :banghead: Thankfully, I got a lap at 1:29.737, so I didn't have to beat myself up too bad. But it had a potential for a 1.29.373. So, 🤬🤬:banghead:🤬🤬

Last edited:
Why is it that Megane drivers are always the worst behaved? I swear they get in that car and instantly lose their minds.

The Megane that was battling with you kept it pretty clean. He left you plenty of room, the crash looks like a simple race incident/mistake.

The Megabe drivers pushing/shoving are idiots as that’s not necessary to win. 1 stoppers are a bit worse at the shoving though from what I’ve seen. It’s critical for them to get ahead and they know it.

Since it's almost time for the races to switch again, I finally caved and used the Supra for Race B...and I HATE IT! The only place it gains even a little time is in the uphill esses. Everywhere else the Corvette can at least match it, and it's much better at launching out of the corners without trying to throw itself at a wall. I used the Supra to down a 1:33.397 in qualifying, but then threw away 2 race wins (or at least podiums) in a row because it's so skittish! The time was less than 0.4s faster than what I managed to do earlier in the week with the Corvette, and just for kicks I decided to try the Corvette again today, and I got within less than 0.3s of the time I set in the Supra.

I'd noticed this week that I could stay on the tail of, and even catch up to, most of the Supras that qualified in front of me in the Corvette, so I decided that with the help of a better qualifying time set by the Supra, I'd race the 'Vette again and hope to finally get a win by starting further up the grid. It actually paid off despite this particular race being against someone WAY faster than his qualifying time would indicate. The person I ended up battling started on pole, and I qualified in 2nd. He would've easily won it had he not lost it coming out of the chicane. I passed him and put a 1.5s gap on him, which he immediately closed. On the final lap, in the chicane again, he got a case of the "red mist" and cut the exit of the chicane before driving directly into the side of me and spinning me. Fortunately we'd both gapped 3rd place so much that I only fell to 2nd after completing my 360 spin. He only got a 0.5s penalty for cutting the chicane, but I guess when the red mist finally cleared he realized he'd done me dirty and slowed down just before the line to let me have the win. He even fell to 3rd because 2nd was only 1s behind me at the line.

I went down, down, down, and the flames went higher. And burns, burns. burns, the Ring of fire. The Ring or fire.... So I had jack of this whole fuel saving malarkey and did race B last night, and that screwed me over, so back to "strategy". Strategy being a no stop because I'm not fast enough to go balls to the wall, pit and come out better than 10 places lower than when I pitted :crazy:.

I tried a bunch of cars that I knew were fast, and I thought might be viable... but I couldn't get any of the 🤬 to 🤬 turn :mad:! My main criterion was how well it turned into T1 and managed T3 and more importantly, the exit to T4. I was going so wide I was slamming into the wall with a number of them :crazy:. When I used the 4C it was a delight, turn, give it some gas and the throttle took care of the turn. In the end I had to settle for what was kinda working for me. Still couldn't improve on my older qualy, but I did come close with the Hyundai of all things (hey, I was getting desperate :eek:). I was still at least a second off the pace, and on a mixed grid of DR/B and C that had me starting P10/19.

The start was less than ideal... pointing at the sand trap when auto drive cut out. I managed to keep it on the track (just) and started short shifting. Approaching T1 I had a pesky WRX swerve out and slam on the brakes in a cloud of smoke trying to out brake me and cut up the inside. He overshot and I was able to pass under him. Not as elegant as I had hoped, but he had forced me out of position. He was all over the place trying to drift and trying to force his way up the inside. He hit me a few times. A couple of cars had spun out at T5 and the WRX had picked up a 1s penalty for cutting at T3. I finished lap 1 P8 with the WRX in front.

I had gotten sick of his antics, and had hoped to have the delight of driving through him when he served his penalty. No such luck.. I was kinda focused on staying on the track and saving fuel. I closed the gap, but Lap 2, still P8 behind him. I got him on the final corner at the end of lap 3 to finish the lap P7. One thing i will say about the Genesys, it isn't upset by kerbs. The chicane was easy to deal with. Turn in for that final corner was also better than the WRX, hence my pass. He dive bombed me at Dunlop and I had to pull a Hail Mary with the brakes and the down shift to stay out of the sand. There was yet another WRX behind him flashing away. I ignored it and resisted the temptation to brake check him because he was 🤬 me off!

The WRX in front misjudged and went too far inside, and the WRX behind me overtook both of us, with me in the middle, and another blue car of some description in the mix, as well as a Lambo. I was worried about the Lambo, because whenever there is a Lambo in a race, they *always* find me and knock me off the track :scared:. A FakeSix dashed up the inside at the chicane for a very clean and slick overtake, but he over cooked it and went a bit too far on the inside of the exit. I picked up a 0.5s penalty along the way :crazy:. The STI which was now behind me was sporting a 3s penalty. I finished lap 4 P7. The WRX was in such a hurry to get past me so that I could drive through him in the penalty zone :crazy:. Meanwhile the Lambo was flashing his lights like that was somehow supposed to mean something to me. I'm not a back marker, so you can 🤬 off mate!

People pitted. Lap 5 saw me cross P5 right up the arse of the Lambo that had passed during the penalty. I started lap 7 in P4 when people pitted. I had a Lexus with an Idolmaster livery behind me till the final lap. He picked up a 1s penalty, but I had started the last lap with 1.0 laps of fuel left, so i was still in fuel saving mode. Tyre wear wasn't too bad.. I had been consistently lapping about the same times... consistently slow :crazy:. He caught up and we were side by side at the chicane. He was in the inside, so I backed off and let him through... P4 wasn't worth potentially having us both go off. P5 from P10 was good enough for me :lol:. The story doesn't quite end there. Last lap syndrome had taken over the TT behind me, who was desperate to pass me on the final corner, despite carrying a 1s penalty... he wasn't going to be more than 1s ahead of me across the line, so he still finished P6...muppet :rolleyes:.

Blue SR. I sauntered up to those boarder guards with the AK47's flanking the gates to DR/B, held out my passport and got my temporary visa stamped. One of guards turns to me. "So you have the entry papers, but don't expect a warm welcome. We don't like your kind here. " he says with a snear :scared:. I reckon I have 1 race in me before I get deported.
Awesome results. Don't be ready to drop out yet. I was constantly waiting to be found out as a fraud when I got to B but it eventually stuck. You need to stay up there for your awesome race reports if nothing else. 👍

By the time I get back later this week you'll probably catch me.:cheers:

It only took 486 races but it finally happened!!! Thank god I had a 10 sec lead going into the final lap otherwise I don't know if I could have held it together.

First Victory 2.jpg

Edit:
It just occurred to me that I was so worked up and making a point to remember to take a screenshot that I forgot to save the replay!

Jotting down the details I remember while they're still fresh:
A Megane Trophy was P2 in the grid, I remember thinking to not let him lunge inside of me on T1. He tried but I was able to shut the door. After that I was able to open a little more than a 3 sec lead over him over the next several laps. I pit on lap 5. I was furiously debating in my head if I should change tires or not. I slid a bit more than I liked towards the middle of lap 5, so I went ahead and changed them. I almost started hating myself for that choice when I came out of the pits in P4. Luckily P2 & 3 pitted at the end of lap 6 but I was 3.5 sec behind the Trophy! I remember growling fairly loudly and putting my head down trying to catch him. I closed it down to just under 2 sec when lo and behold he pits at the end of lap 7! He didn't fuel save!!! When I look at the delta and see that I have a comfortable lead at the start of lap 8, I start to realize that this really could finally be it. By the start of lap 9 my lead is 10 sec. I literally start to tremble. Yeah, there's no way I would've held on if I had to hold off someone charging me in the last lap. But I finish it off with a 11 sec lead over P2 and have finally put that monkey to rest. Whew! I kinda want to go race another but kind of don't at the same time...

Last edited:
I'm absolutely annoyed by this! Not making it around Nurburgring GP in a 2:04.x. Time. I dropped some serious time off with the Huracan down to 2:05.15 then to 2:05.005 makes me want to lose my mind. I gave up chasing the dream and turned the game off.

It only took 486 races but it finally happened!!! Thank god I had a 10 sec lead going into the final lap otherwise I don't know if I could have held it together.

View attachment 891337

Edit:
It just occurred to me that I was so worked up and making a point to remember to take a screenshot that I forgot to save the replay!

A Megane Trophy was P2 in the grid, I remember thinking to not let him lunge inside of me on T1. He tried but I was able to shut the door. After that I was able to open a little more than a 3 sec lead over him over the next several laps. I pit on lap 5. I was furiously debating in my head if I should change tires or not. I slid a bit more than I liked towards the middle of lap 5, so I went ahead and changed them. I almost started hating myself for that choice when I came out of the pits in P4. Luckily P2 & 3 pitted at the end of lap 6 but I was 3.5 sec behind the Trophy! I remember growling fairly loudly and putting my head down trying to catch him. I closed it down to just under 2 sec when lo and behold he pits at the end of lap 7! He didn't fuel save!!! When I look at the delta and see that I have a comfortable lead at the start of lap 8, I start to realize that this really could finally be it. By the start of lap 9 my lead is 10 sec. I literally start to tremble. Yeah, there's no way I would've held on if I had to hold off someone charging me in the last lap. But I finish it off with a 11 sec lead over P2 and have finally put that monkey to rest. Whew! I kinda want to go race another but kind of don't at the same time...
Way to go. That first win is especially nice.👍

View attachment 891337

Edit:

Congratulations!

1st race of the night.
Warm up.
I'm out 4th ish. Slow slightly down for cars mixing it up through 1st right hander, car behind barges through, knocks the two cars ahead into the walls. I end up next to him, so they give me a nudge towards the wall, ha. Buried into him the concrete with the Mustang.
They were on pole.
Gain 5 places in a pretty clean race.
Pole loses 5 :lol:

Were you still running later in the evening? I think we were in the same 23:30 gr4 if you were in a purple M4 with GTP logo. Name stuck out to me as a Yamaha owner.

I was the guy who won :sly: still have the replay as it was only my second win (now up to 3 wins in 9 races total since I started playing the game on Friday, I think I haven't hit my bracket yet).

Were you still running later in the evening? I think we were in the same 23:30 gr4 if you were in a purple M4 with GTP logo. Name stuck out to me as a Yamaha owner.

I was the guy who won :sly: still have the replay as it was only my second win (now up to 3 wins in 9 races total since I started playing the game on Friday, I think I haven't hit my bracket yet).

Hi, aye that was me. I had a bad race B and ended up with 80 SR so I entered the NGP to up my SR back into he 90's.
Well done on the win, hopefully we'll get to race alongside each other one day, although with that kind of progress you'll be out of DR group soon :cheers::gtpflag:

Sunday afternoon is a bad time for racing. Too many people online who try to win at any cost.

I stopped racing on Nürburgring on thursday and concentrated on Kytoto from there on. Got a qualification of 1:35.8.. on both, my basic and my alt account and tried a few cars: the Aston Martin and the FT-1 got me good results, the Citroën and the Mustang were also nice cars.

I gained about 7500 DR on both accounts over the week (I had a week off) and and now have as much DR as I never ever had. We‘ll see how long I can keep them until my Paternoster-cabin turns :lol:

This week is over for me. I guess I‘ll skip next week since none of the races looks interesting to me. I‘ll boycot all japanese Tracks from now on, I will not even set a Q-Lap. It‘s really ridiculous now. I bet Fuji will come up next, it‘s been a long time there since we had it.

Sainte Croix? Le Mans? Alsace? Monza? Barcelona? Blue Moon Speedway? It‘s just sad.

View attachment 891337

Edit:

Congrats bro. Many more to come now.

Just managed my first win! It was in Race A which is absolute carnage if you don't start up front. Raced 4 times (never raced there before), first 2 I was used as a ping-pong ball, third one when I was 4th the HDR of the TV restarted and the screen went black for over 3 secs (you can imagine what happened...). Finally, a clean race starting 3rd. Overtook guy in second place in lap one and leader in lap 2. Previous leader was faster than me but made a big mistake in lap 3 and managed to get a 4 sec gap that I just managed to the end. Nice feeling!

View attachment 891337

Edit:

Just managed my first win! It was in Race A which is absolute carnage if you don't start up front. Raced 4 times (never raced there before), first 2 I was used as a ping-pong ball, third one when I was 4th the HDR of the TV restarted and the screen went black for over 3 secs (you can imagine what happened...). Finally, a clean race starting 3rd. Overtook guy in second place in lap one and leader in lap 2. Previous leader was faster than me but made a big mistake in lap 3 and managed to get a 4 sec gap that I just managed to the end. Nice feeling!

Congrats to the both of you. I remember how it felt getting my first win. It's an addiction that you go after again....& again....& again. :lol: You will begin to learn even more & then wins won't be a nice surprise or luck. You'll be able to leave the pack of competitors in your dust. 👍

View attachment 891337

Edit:

Well done! Congrats!

Congrats to the both of you. I remember how it felt getting my first win. It's an addiction that you go after again....& again....& again. :lol: You will begin to learn even more & then wins won't be a nice surprise or luck. You'll be able to leave the pack of competitors in your dust. 👍

Nah, don't have the skills or, even more important, the time to "progress". I play when I have an hour here or there. This was my 29th race and I started in Sports mode in early January... So I'm getting like 5 races a week or so... But it felt good! :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back