"Daily" Race Discussion [Archive]

• Thread starter LordDrift
  • 79,453 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Got the day off and had a spin in the desert a couple of times to see how it goes in Gr.3. Tried to run the Beetle. Got it down to a 13.3 but got more I can get. Struggling to chase those pesky Toyotas so might have to give one a go.

Races coming with ok results since everyone keeps spinning off. Went from p12 to p5 race 1, p11 to p5 race 2. Amazing how a slight bit of caution helps. :scared:

Willow Springs is just a massive pile of crap covered in sand, that is all :banghead:

Here's one, HE prepared earlier! :dopey: :lol:

download.jpg

Been racing Suzuka this week, I dislike short 4/5 lap races as the race never gets going. So race C is my new home every week. I've learned that to qualify well, all I need to do is practice and be super relaxed. Trying too hard doesn't reap the rewards for me.

I set a 1:48.736 being super chilled. Suzuka seems to be in my muscle memory bank. Races have been going well, apart from 1 deliberate rammer whom I am going to make a youtube video about :lol:

I’m an endurance racer, I regularly run 1,2, even 3 hour races. I’d love to do a Race C, I’ve just always stayed away because I see things like 13x Tire wear and I just have no idea what strategy to run :confused::confused:
If starting on Racing Medium tires, pit at the end of lap 5. Change to another set of Racing Medium tires.
Pit at end of lap 10, change over to Racing Hard tires (required tires).

So 5 laps on Medium, 5 laps on Medium again, 3 laps on Hards. Refuelling not needed.

If starting on Racing Medium tires, pit at the end of lap 5. Change to another set of Racing Medium tires.
Pit at end of lap 10, change over to Racing Hard tires (required tires).

So 5 laps on Medium, 5 laps on Medium again, 3 laps on Hards. Refuelling not needed.
with this strategy im not fast enough to get in the next race , from the front i do med 4 lap so i do 3 stop . Start on med 4 med 8 med 12 hard . From the back i do the first lap on hard the rest on med . I have win 3 races from the back yesterday and my #500 win with this account GT-PSYCHO- account

with this strategy im not fast enough to get in the next race , from the front i do med 4 lap so i do 3 stop . Start on med 4 med 8 med 12 hard . From the back i do the first lap on hard the rest on med . I have win 3 races from the back yesterday and my #500 win with this account GT-PSYCHO- account
I haven't been in any race yet which has finished in time for the next race! Also, I keep doing my fastest lap in the race on the hard tyre - must be doing something wrong somewhere :drool:

Had a fun race last night - was happy when I crossed the line 6th, having started 14th, when I suddenly got moved up to 2nd as four of the cars in front of me got the 20 second tyre penalty :lol:

It is amazing how big of a difference the META can make on some of these tracks. I've drove the Vette a bunch last night, managed to run high 12s in qualifying with it, and its super stable to race with.

I went back to the Peugeot VGT just to see if it's actually better, and ran 3 laps that were all faster than my fastest QT in a row. The bummer is that it isn't fun to drive though...the line between fast and a quick sandy death is so small, and the smallest extra amount of throttle makes me spin, haha.

I'm home for the day because my kids' day care provider has the flu. I might get a few late morning races in after I drop my daughter off at school. I've found my DR goes up during the morning and down in the evening, haha. I might go with Race C though. Still figuring out the rhythm there, but I think I can be competitive with a few more practice laps.

I'm sure I'm wrong about this, however, I believe PD is starting to count contact between cars as a reason for some of the disconnects. I was in a race last night and quite a few drivers, including myself, were disconnected. And the only thing I can surmise is the amount or actual times these drivers made contact with others. No one had any red bars and everyone had at least 3 bars for their signal strength. I know this is anecdotal, but in my opinion, this would be a great step forward.

Keith.

Has PD or anyone related to them given any word regarding the current penalty system? It was all fine up until November last year.

I absolutely love this game - so much that, in less than 6 months last year since I bought it, I had put up over 500 hours of gameplay - but I've come to a point of not even wanting to turn my PS4 on due to this current system. Yes, there are some clean races from time to time, but having to constantly look over the should because some asshole can, and will, punt you into oblivion and leave unpunished is just NOT the experience I signed up for. I used to say that these players should go and play GTA Online if that's what they want, but currently GT Sport has become the perfect environment for this kind of behavior.

3 for 4 in race A so far this morning. Having good races and clean competitors, at the front at least. This combo is really nice, i still hate fwd lol the car feels really good around this track and is geared nicely for it i find. Hope to get a few more in before i gots to go....

I'm sure I'm wrong about this, however, I believe PD is starting to count contact between cars as a reason for some of the disconnects. I was in a race last night and quite a few drivers, including myself, were disconnected.

I'm not saying you're wrong but it does sound server-related or coincidental. I'm sure we'd otherwise be inundated with posts about it. A while ago, It used to be that after X number of contact, you were disqualified. Now <I believe> the only way is to either idle or drive backward to start the countdown for disqualification.

I went back to the Peugeot VGT just to see if it's actually better, and ran 3 laps that were all faster than my fastest QT in a row. The bummer is that it isn't fun to drive though...the line between fast and a quick sandy death is so small, and the smallest extra amount of throttle makes me spin, haha.
Yeah, if you're not highly skilled it's risky to race that Peugeot at Big Willow.
In the last couple days, I've definitely seen more of them in the dirt than and other car. :lol:

Well.... Here It Is! A double bonus 2 in 1 video of Race C help and the dirtiest player i've ever come across :lol:

Well, that was entertaining! :lol: What a clown, he should have McDonald's as a livery on his car, wally!

Another race at C, and another win, nice one!

ERsvKtIX0AAp3Xj.jpg

My strategy is start medium, pit end of lap 4 for hard....Then go to the end of lap 9, and take the medium again, pushing all the way, and it seems to be working! :)

Last edited:
I'm sure I'm wrong about this, however, I believe PD is starting to count contact between cars as a reason for some of the disconnects. I was in a race last night and quite a few drivers, including myself, were disconnected. And the only thing I can surmise is the amount or actual times these drivers made contact with others. No one had any red bars and everyone had at least 3 bars for their signal strength. I know this is anecdotal, but in my opinion, this would be a great step forward.

Keith.
I'm pretty sure those types of disconnects are usually followed by a screen saying you were disqualified.

Had to take a few weeks break due to starting new medication that properly affected my reflexes. Suzuka gr2 sounded awesome so happy the effects seem to be wearing off and i can race again :dopey:

1:46.757 for now with an optimal about a tenth and a half faster

I do hate the sunset track time they chose though, practically need sunglasses through the esses :crazy:

Edit .679 now. Optimum is a .5xx which would go 3rd EMEA so thats the new target time :)

Last edited:
I just wanted to say hello everybody!

I'm new to this game, I purchased in in January. I used to race old NASCAR sims (Nascar Racing series by Papyrus) and some Gran Turismo on PS1-PS3, but dropped it for years. I just started doing dailies and have 9 wins already! I'm really hoping to race with other like minded people. I posted some times below for comparison. I'm blows away that the pros are over a second faster in nearly every track. I can at least say I'm super consistent! I'm really looking for others to help improve my laptimes. The only way to get faster is to race with faster people!

I'm looking to make some friends for these races. I usually race in the evenings in the daily lobbies. Seems like its a pretty bizarre mix of racers in the group B, as I was in the inside of corner one at willow, and the guy next to me just turned right into me for the apex even though I was next to him...

I've stayed away from Tokyo this week due to all the penalties. I just started participating in the daily races this month. I got punted one race at willow springs and received a 5 second penalty for some reason. I guess I'm not the only one who has been suffering the penalty system.

I'm not sure why its saying my record at Suzuka is showing 1.52... Currently shows 1.50.0 in the game. It also shows a time for Goodwood, but I never raced there? Anyway, Thanks for looking! I hope to make some new friends!
upload_2020-2-26_8-44-17.png

upload_2020-2-26_8-47-41.png

I got disconnected twice last night. It hurts.

When I went to race one lobby my brake was stuck on for some reason and couldn't fix it. Assuming a glitch because the next race it was fine.. Got DQ'd for not moving... duh.

Last edited by a moderator:

:lol::lol::lol:

he should have seen me coming for that line. I had closed the gap the last 3 laps on that turn, and he kept going wide. I bet he was wicked pissed at the end. Unfortunately, taking the pit lane jump makes it tough to keep pace on the straightaway, and 2 guys got around me before T1 so I finished 3rd. I was laughing too hard to care.

in other news...

1D5A31A0-57CA-4A60-8854-C87CF714E715.jpeg

Finally crawled back above 20k for the first time since switching to the wheel. If I could race all afternoon, I think I could make a run for my peak again at BW. Unfortunately, my son is hungry and I have some honey-dos to get through.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back