"Daily" Race Discussion [Archive]

• Thread starter LordDrift
  • 79,453 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally crawled back above 20k for the first time since switching to the wheel. If I could race all afternoon, I think I could make a run for my peak again at BW. Unfortunately, my son is hungry and I have some honey-dos to get through.

Good Morning,

I was just curious, where do you find your SR rating? I can't seem to find my value.

Awesome! Thank you!
upload_2020-2-26_9-14-5.png

I just wanted to say hello everybody!

I'm new to this game, I purchased in in January. I used to race old NASCAR sims (Nascar Racing series by Papyrus) and some Gran Turismo on PS1-PS3, but dropped it for years. I just started doing dailies and have 9 wins already! I'm really hoping to race with other like minded people. I posted some times below for comparison. I'm blows away that the pros are over a second faster in nearly every track. I can at least say I'm super consistent! I'm really looking for others to help improve my laptimes. The only way to get faster is to race with faster people!

I'm looking to make some friends for these races. I usually race in the evenings in the daily lobbies. Seems like its a pretty bizarre mix of racers in the group B, as I was in the inside of corner one at willow, and the guy next to me just turned right into me for the apex even though I was next to him...

I've stayed away from Tokyo this week due to all the penalties. I just started participating in the daily races this month. I got punted one race at willow springs and received a 5 second penalty for some reason. I guess I'm not the only one who has been suffering the penalty system.

I'm not sure why its saying my record at Suzuka is showing 1.52... Currently shows 1.50.0 in the game. It also shows a time for Goodwood, but I never raced there? Anyway, Thanks for looking! I hope to make some new friends!
View attachment 894822
View attachment 894823
You can send me a friend request on the PSN if you want to (rpmcmurphy01). I race pretty often. 👍

Last edited:
Had a run at trying to get used to Suzuka again last night. I know those cars have the grip but I just don't have a steady and consistent line sorted out yet. Still managed to settle in with a 49.8 after plenty of laps at 50 and 51 so might be ready to race it. I can say I noticed that on a couple of laps i was sure i drastically cut degna 1 being slightly out of control, but got no penalty? It isn't faster and makes it hard to save for the second 1 but just seemed odd.

@sturk0167 @roamingbard13 I can definitely say that pug vgt is a beast, but it has teeth. I got my QT down to a 12.5 and I think every 3 or 4 laps was in the sand somewhere. It is worse with the 1 tire spin than the bug was. I did a race with it and it was fine, but watched a few supras head out for their 40 years in the desert. Big gains available at willow, big pain available too:nervous:

Had one last race C of the day after the FIA race and managed an unexpected result with a qualifying lap that can definitely be bettered. After starting 17th there was some lap 1 carnage just before the first degree and finished the lap 4th where I eventually managed to finish. Thank god g didn't improve my qualifying lap or it would've been a very different result.

The lesser spotted @Sven Jurgens was seen briefly in a Race B this lunchtime.

I was behind him until I grazed the sand on the right hand side of the track and went way off into the distance on the left hand side of the track. I think I nearly collected Sven at the same time.

So, after losing 7 seconds due to off track excursions, I had another 5 tagged on to that for colliding with a barrier.

Thanks for the salt, PD!!

The lesser spotted @Sven Jurgens was seen briefly in a Race B this lunchtime.

I was behind him until I grazed the sand on the right hand side of the track and went way off into the distance on the left hand side of the track. I think I nearly collected Sven at the same time.

So, after losing 7 seconds due to off track excursions, I had another 5 tagged on to that for colliding with a barrier.

Thanks for the salt, PD!!

I tried 2 races today, it's not really racing anymore though. Hopefully SR will start working again tomorrow. The backfield has so many 🤬 now every race. Lunch time used to be the best time for clean races.

As for salty penalties, Dirt Rally 2.0 tops GT Sport. Go wide, can't rejoin the track cause 🤬 people and stands in the way, go around, lose a ton of time, almost get back on the road, reset, +25 sec penalty :banghead:

I'll be evaluating the patch tomorrow. Lunch time Big Willow.

Oh btw, you might spot SvennoP2 on the track. That's my 10 year old, currently racing at Big Willow (E/B). He just said, the guy in 10th is so dirty, he swatted me off the track like this (and he dove off the track demonstrating a side swipe :lol:) It's only his second race, he has some catching up to do. I need to lower my SR so I can protect my kid on the track! 14 SR Downs should do it, idiot going back and forth at Big Willow next race :cool: Make that race A, matchmaking failed.

Hmm it seems SR Down for going back and forth is now only -2 SR. I only dropped to 75 for 13 SR Downs (maybe only 12, counting is hard), need 58, 6 more plus a quit (if that's still -5). GT maths.

Bingo, SR 59. (-4 for a quit? I never got any SR up, stayed at the start) Close enough. 17:50 race to get punted off by my own kid :lol:

Last edited:
A couple short clips from today's desert racing action.

Apparently, the dude behind me decided at the very last second that he needed to pit.
But there was only 1 lap remaining. Terrible strategic error, if you ask me.

I braked a little too late, and P2 got my inside. It seemed like we were gonna work it out, but P3 decided that we both needed to leave the track.
Strangely, at the time all I was thinking was that it must be pretty sweet for everybody else to see the top two cars have a catastrophic crash on lap 1. :lol::lol::lol:

Last edited:
A couple short clips from today's desert racing action.

Apparently, the dude behind me decided at the last second that he needed to pit.
But there was only 1 lap remaining. Terrible strategic error, if you ask me.

I braked a little too late, and P2 got my inside. It seemed like we were gonna work it out, but P3 decided that we both needed to leave the track.
Strangely, at the time all I was thinking was that it must be pretty sweet for everybody else to see the top two cars have a catastrophic crash on lap 1. :lol::lol::lol:

You can see my obnoxiously blue beetle come through at the end of that second clip. I’ll be honest...it was just a huge cloud of dust and ghosts when I came by, haha.

Race C during the day is a wide open race. Started p4, p1 and p2 both QT in the 1:47. P13 QT at 2:04. By lap 3 I am p4 and p4 is 7 sec back! Driver racing from the back ran me down and as he got closer I just slid wide at degner 2 and he got through easy. Then p2 crashed and quit so I look up and am p3, 37 seconds behind winner at finish, p4 is 28 seconds behind me! Big spread field. But good practice.

I tried 2 races today, it's not really racing anymore though. Hopefully SR will start working again tomorrow. The backfield has so many 🤬 now every race. Lunch time used to be the best time for clean races.

As for salty penalties, Dirt Rally 2.0 tops GT Sport. Go wide, can't rejoin the track cause 🤬 people and stands in the way, go around, lose a ton of time, almost get back on the road, reset, +25 sec penalty :banghead:

I'll be evaluating the patch tomorrow. Lunch time Big Willow.

Oh btw, you might spot SvennoP2 on the track. That's my 10 year old, currently racing at Big Willow (E/B). He just said, the guy in 10th is so dirty, he swatted me off the track like this (and he dove off the track demonstrating a side swipe :lol:) It's only his second race, he has some catching up to do. I need to lower my SR so I can protect my kid on the track! 14 SR Downs should do it, idiot going back and forth at Big Willow next race :cool: Make that race A, matchmaking failed.

Hmm it seems SR Down for going back and forth is now only -2 SR. I only dropped to 75 for 13 SR Downs (maybe only 12, counting is hard), need 58, 6 more plus a quit (if that's still -5). GT maths.

Bingo, SR 59. (-4 for a quit? I never got any SR up, stayed at the start) Close enough. 17:50 race to get punted off by my own kid :lol:

Glad to have you back man, this place just isn’t the same without you. :cheers:

I tried my have at a few races today. Qualifying time at Willow with a 1:12.4 using the FT1. Suzuka qualifying time is trash at 1:54. I did one lap with my new GTR before the race,w paying attention and finished the lap.

Race one at Willow, I won started P1. A guy bumped me the first turn and I ran away till the last two laps. I had a guy try to undercut me at the very last turn. He hit the sand, then spun out giving me a 7 second penalty. Still finished P1.

Second race, the same guy got beside me and tried to run me into the sand. I sent him off the track collecting my 5 second penalty on lap 3. That was on purpose tho, I watched him push his way thru the pack this time. I served my penalty and he passed me back but P1 crashed out giving me P2.

Went to Suzuka to salvage some SR points before the update. Started 8th finished 5th. In a Dr B SR A lobby but was all over the track. Overall lots of crashing and sliding around haha. Probably should have spent more than 1 lap in the Qualifying.

Last race was clean as could be. Started P1 and won by 4 seconds. But more importantly back up to SR. S before the update.

IMG_20200226_170057856.jpg

Last edited:
Glad to have you back man, this place just isn’t the same without you. :cheers:

Ha! Our attempt to get matched failed. I did get matched with other E/B players bleh. Dinner time was next and now I'm waiting on what Mr T has to say
https://www.npr.org/sections/health...8063/trump-to-address-response-to-coronavirus
It is getting serious :( He's fashionably late of course, probably still tweeting on the toilet.

He's downplaying it as expected. But at least they're doing something.

Bah, another matchmaking fail, getting matched with the wrong E/Bs. I guess my DR is too high still. 🤬 show as expected, rammed off lap 1 by a green flag and got a penalty for it so I went hunting green flags for the rest of the race. It's faster to reset my DR than try to lower it by finishing last. SR is easy to bring back up. I'm on a mission.

Last edited:
I made it to SR.E finally, now to get SR back up in race C. Of course while trying to simply stay behind I still somehow get rammed off and get a 5 sec penalty haha. Broken on every level.

Somehow I started on IM tires (can't even remember when there was a wet race in GR.2?) so pitted lap 2, then again and a couple more times and sat in the pit from lap 11 trying to lose some more DR, still finished 10th. And it's true, the race finished at 9:01, you can't enter the next one lol. First place finished the race in 24:50, too long to re-enter.

Despite missing two laps and getting a 5 sec penalty, my SR went from 1 to 56 in that single race, DR dropped to 2700. My kid is at 60 SR and should get set to 2K DR after completing his 5th race. Mission accomplished, matching should work next time :D

So far I haven't seen a "META" emerging for Big Willow. I also haven't been able to get the right line for that jump. I usually end up hitting an invisible barrier and getting a 5s penalty for hitting said barrier :crazy:.

You have to stay to the right side of it to avoid hitting the green thing or the guy. Also, watch our for the bump just before the jump, it can kick you all over the place. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back