"Daily" Race Discussion [Archive]

• Thread starter LordDrift
  • 79,453 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cool video.
He might get targeted with that name, though. :lol:

Haha yep, it's an old account I made before he was born for guests to play together on ps3. He took it since it's an 'adult' account with no restrictions.

Maybe the "green flag" was trying to teach you not to block the whole track so you can have the honor of watching your kid drive 5+ seconds off the pace? :confused:

I'm not sure what the pace requirements are for D/B lobbies :) Ehh he wouldn't have been impatiently sitting behind us if he hadn't crashed into a fellow green flag. Besides that, pass on the straight, not in the most dangerous corner on the track!

Where am I blocking him btw, he has a ton of room to go on the inside yet hits me twice, second time runs me into my kid!

He did another one this morning, finished 8th by himself. Then together without issues (we finished last but 4 people quit. He did manage to overtake one car clean :)) Then we tried another one and got disconnected on matchmaking lol.

Thanks @HammyMansell and 1:48.0 is very decent! 👍 Would imagine that puts you at the front most races

Thanks dude @TJC_69 :) just a standard G29 and portable wheel stand, i do want to upgrade to a playseat and higher quality wheel at some point in the future but the G29 is good considering its price and all.
Exactly the same equipment as me. G29 plus a £60 portable metal framed wheelstand from Ebay. I set a 1:48.7xx so it looks like i've got to 'git gud' :lol:

Big Willow has been pretty kind to me this week. I started at DR 17k and moved to nearly 25K last night.

I realized a couple things this week that I think have helped. On tracks that I race pretty well at, it's unusual for me not to get at least one win. This week, I had the opportunity in two races maybe. One of them is the video above where I had the room to make a clean pass for the lead and the guy closed down on me instead, and the other one a race where the guy in 1st biffed it, and then I did too on the last lap. I think my success this week though was about not making huge mistakes because I'm trying too hard to win.

In the past, when people dive bomb me, I have just held my racing line and then thrown my arms up into the air. However justified, you're completely screwed when you get off track at BW, so I realized quickly it wouldn't work for me if I did that. As a result, I sort of let people have the position if they were going to do that. The most common place that happened is going into the Omega turn. The fast line is relatively wide and my first couple races, people kept stuffing up the inside and pushing me off the track as I tried to take that line. I finally just started going wider and letting them take it. Sometimes, they run right through the corner, and sometimes they made contact anyways, but I wasn't being knocked off the track, and the loss of speed there wasn't as big of a deal as other places. Still annoying, of course, but it wasn't race ending.

I had a lot of P3-P6 finishes this week as a result. No wins, but I also gained a bunch of DR and enjoyed racing more overall. My stat line from the GT Profile kind of shows it, too.

At Seaside DT in Gr 4 recently, my average qualifying position in high C low B was 1.79. My average finishing position was 9th place (+7.25 positions). I was getting dive bombed from the pole or P2 in T2 (the first real one, haha), getting mad, and writing off the rest of the race rather than giving space for the morons and passing them later.

At Big Willow (with some of the gr 4 races thrown in, I guess), my average starting position is 4.47, and my average finish is 6th (+2.5). Obviously, I'd love to make that a negative number instead, but I'm pretty satisfied with the DR gains, and the racecraft to catch and pass those MFers will come with more practice :D

A lot of people taking advantage of the updated penalty system (or lack thereof) at Big Willow this week. I had a guy purposefully bump me until I was completely off the track going up the hill and then he forced someone else wide going down immediately after (which sent him flying off into the desert with a bucket of water for thirst god willing) and we both were penalised. I will say though, it's a very fun track to race around cleanly and pulling off successful overtakes is very rewarding.

Well I went in expecting the worst and tried Tokyo with a 1:34.9 starting P4. It was a pleasure, including going 3-wide in the first tunnel and close side-by-side racing throughout with nobody (near me at least) making attempt to sideswipe or block which I usually come to expect at Tokyo. Finished 4th.

Too bad there isn't a vote at the end to race with the same people again and hopefully, I haven't used up all my luck and my future races there will be equally clean.

A lot of people taking advantage of the updated penalty system (or lack thereof) at Big Willow this week. I had a guy purposefully bump me until I was completely off the track going up the hill and then he forced someone else wide going down immediately after (which sent him flying off into the desert with a bucket of water for thirst god willing) and we both were penalised. I will say though, it's a very fun track to race around cleanly and pulling off successful overtakes is very rewarding.
In my opinion sport mode has almost become unplayable. Between the bad connections ,broken ptly system, everyone fighting to the death for every position, people taking things too far for the slightest unintentional contact, (that results in nothing no ptly or anything but somehow you have wronged that person so a punt is coming), dive bombing , blocking, etc................ getting very frustrated with the game I always try and race as clean as possible but sometimes things happen and you would think its the end of the world or you just cost sombody thousands of dollars. Ok enough ranting see you guys out there.....LOL

A lot of people taking advantage of the updated penalty system (or lack thereof) at Big Willow this week.

Is this AFTER the update? Then should I assume that they actually fixed anything? I hadn't had time to log into GTS to test it myself so I'm looking for player feedback but people don't seem to be talking about it much.

I don't know how much I will race this weekend. Was looking forward to it, but by the time I got logged on I was pretty meh about it. Actually felt really good doing practice laps so decided to enter a race C anyway.

I start p13 but apparently I was in the middle of a blazing sun battle between 3 friends or something. I start on the chicane and guy behind runs aside into turn 1, so I take an early brake to cut back and drop in right behind, but they go straight off. I started on RH and am managing to hold my spot and even catch upon the ones ahead as they battle mercilessly. Someone drives off at 130r and then the 2 battling have an incident, and the one still on track waits for the other.:eek: So good to see, but this comes back later.

Meantime a guy behind decides he is going to go ahead anyway so punts me wide into the second S turn. Turns out it is one of the 'buddies' and they just drive off. Heading into lap 5 I am hanging onto my tires while people on fresh RM come up behind. The 2 that were battling before get me. I get a bad Dunlop line so they are closing fast as I go to the degners. I nail the first 1, but fresh rubber prevails and when I go to turn into 2 the guy behind goes for it hard enough to slam me straight off. No penalty for them, but I manage to keep my foot in it and drive back on, now 3 sec behind.

They don't stop. I catch up later at the end of their tire stint while I am on RM, they both run wide at spoon so I head on. They catch me up again 3 laps later, this time different guy just rear ends me into spoon. I go wide but stay stable, wasn't a massive hit, but I was already braking late so really pissed. They drive on. As we get to the chicane there is a yellow flag, one has punted the other again, and is waiting on them to get back on track:confused:.

I screw up a couple of times after that on my own to finish in p12, not great, but my mistakes put me there:rolleyes:. What gets me is those other drivers having no conscience about ramming me and an Indonesian off, but will wait calmly if they hit a fellow countryman off? Maybe they are friends outside of the game but it is still a load of 🤬.
Anyway, what do I expect for the 9:30 slot on friday night.

Time to go back for a bit of big willow.

Is this AFTER the update? Then should I assume that they actually fixed anything? I hadn't had time to log into GTS to test it myself so I'm looking for player feedback but people don't seem to be talking about it much.

It seems that people don't get penalties for forcing others off, dive bombing or ramming and on the flip side the victim tends to end up with a 1-4 second penalty. Roll the dice. The penalty system has never been perfect but it was very good from deterring dirty drivers a couple months ago. I'm not so sure the newest update did too much for the penalty system.

That said, when the racing is clean though I really am enjoying Daily B.

4 races deep in the honda this afternoon, and loving it. Jumped in as soon as i was home from work and was blessed by my first race being nearly all friends or trusted opponents. All podiums from second or third place start so far. Hard to win againts the top guys lol. @BenRod was in my last one, and this next one it seems, always a pleasure sir...

...well this is a new one for me:

Wheel starts to spaz out a few seconds before this happens, then the game freezes, my wheel tries to force itself to full right lock, and it's frozen, but my console is still operable. I was able to quit the game, but the game was just frozen. Never seen this happen before; reminded me of the PS3 era where the games could freeze just like this, except the console locked with the game, too.

That aside, two races at Race B this week at Big Willow and I'm done with that for the week, as well as any other time Gr.3 and Big Willow meet. Too many aggressive players thirsty for overtakes instead of reading the situation ahead of them. Punted off during both races to dead last and the punters never received a penalty. Said players who did this were also the very first ones to leave the post-race lobby. Must be that overbearing guilty conscience of getting called out I guess. :lol:

Will sit tight for next week's races, as my bonding skills are weak with Gr.2 cars. Maybe I'll try Race A this week though before it updates.

Do you need both medium and hard in Race C or is one time hard enough.

Had a fierce Battle, a dude was serving his penalty, passed him on the inside just before 130 and touched him, he went in to the sand.

And decided to take revenge at the chicane. Naturally i had to remind him of a missing penalty system and did the same on the next lap. The advantage of not caring about your DR which ironically is back at B after that race

Yesterday i did 3 daily C the most boring races i ever had . First of all bad matchmaking im A+S and in my session i see sr B and even a sr C drivers but half of the grid get disconnected race start with 5 cars loll finished with 1min 4sec lead :/ and the 2 other races with at least 30sec lead , we have alot of fast racers on American region but i tink they don't do daily's ? . And something i can say is some are spending way to much time on qualy and cant keep the pace in the race . Its not normal to finish a race 30sec in front of someone who is qualified .500 faster than me ? I don't spend time on quali i do 10 to 15 lap . Maybe i should create a European account ? Competitive racers seems to be more active in daily's in other region

Last edited:
Well I had a go at some more Big Willow. Had 2 clean races, only ruined by me putting a wheel wide on the last turn of the second race while in a really good battle for 6th. Ended up 12th:crazy:

Race 3 I get someone flying through the field playing the penalty system. Stupidly let them close where they promptly tap me on the inside and back off to give a penalty. I rage but no luck. After serving the penalty I am down to p10 where I spin myself crazy with a wheel on the dirt. Penalty 🤬 goes wide at the last turn and for karma sake ends up last :cheers:

Decide to go for race C as my SR went down a touch and though willow was getting touchy. Bad idea. Mostly ok until lap 9 when I get mixed with someone on new tires blasting through. Bumps me constantly through the esses, then again, the touch inside, back off, I get a penalty. :banghead::banghead::banghead:
So as they pull past I launch them in the hairpin. Not classy, but was fed up. Magically I get a 1 second penalty for the punt, but 2 for being a victim of a possible dive bomb.:lol:
I go on to.my usual fast laps and mistakes for a sadly earned p12. Hmm. Maybe race C isn't for me.

Fun to be had anyway as majority of my willow outings were all good.

4 races deep in the honda this afternoon, and loving it. Jumped in as soon as i was home from work and was blessed by my first race being nearly all friends or trusted opponents. All podiums from second or third place start so far. Hard to win againts the top guys lol. @BenRod was in my last one, and this next one it seems, always a pleasure sir...

I'm glad you were there. We needed the extra help, if you know what I mean. ;)

One "southern" driver in particular is running 2 accounts, and I've had to deal with him every day this week... 3 bars or less with slight visible lag.
Soooo dirty. Never hesitating to side-slam or bump-grind other cars. Do these morons know the right places to hit the walls? Or is the penalty system confused by the lag? If I even brush the wall on my own it's "Bad! BAAAADDD Benny! Go stand in the corner for 5 seconds, and think about what you've done!!!" Why do they get away with it?

And inevitably, there is always at least one or two other drivers of similar disposition. That's why I keep saying "Gang up!" in pre race chat. Sometimes I feel like I'm babysitting. Other times I wish I had a whistle and the car painted like a referee's jersey... calling fouls and handing out red cards.

There's always been something satisfying to me about this track, though. Perfectly nailing the right-hander coming up out of the first tunnel... Threading the needle through the esses after the second tunnel... Getting so close to the left inside wall exiting the third tunnel. But, there is a problem with the tunnels themselves in this car. The frequency of the lights and shadows as you pass by them make it extremely hard to tell when other cars are ghosting.

Fun combo. I just wish there wasn't constantly child-like peckers in every race.
See you out there, Slay!!!

Saturday night at the Big Willow hasn't been as wild as I was expecting. Lots of good races. Starting from the back mainly. Highest position gain so far is 2nd from 15th 👍
Bound to be downhill from here, think I heard stupid o'clock chime :lol:

Got some racing time this evening - suzuka a blast as always :) managed a best race time of 23:57 with a 1:48.5 best lap in there. Aiming for a 23:55 on sunday, nice to see some strategy variation too

Here is the closest finishing, and hardest/most intense Daily C i have ever raced, (Suzuka this week). What made it more special is it is against @GTP_Vexd. A battle between GTP drivers. Hope you enjoy this one. The music is pretty cool!

And I am here to chime in on the happy wagon as well. Had 4 races at big sandy hell and they were all good. Only good results in 3 as in 1 race I got caught in a lap 1 fiasco as a car in front spun and I just t-boned it. Dropped me to last, but straightened them out.
All 4 races had good solid racing, at least in my areas, with no crazy punts. Had people crash off obviously but no craziness, just clean racing. Lost a couple of clean battles including by 0.05 at the line in one race but it was a really good night and lots of fun..

Here is to hoping it continues!
Suzuka on race C has been ugly, but yeah, that is me having about zero consistency. So cheers to race B!

Enjoying after that catching up with Formula 1 Drive to Survive on Netflix.

Last edited:
I'm into this new trend of posting clips of clean drivers :bowdown:

Hahaha, not every day you come across them, i only did 2 races today, and i got murdered several times in both races. I am more and more inclined to having a zero touch penalty system.

And the worst part of these low life drives is there is absolutely nothing gained in any way whatsoever from doing it.

So you got a position by pushing someone of the track.. that does not make you faster, just a slow driver that needs to cheat, it's like winning in sports by cheating.

that does not make you faster, just a slow driver that needs to cheat, it's like winning in sports by cheating.

Here is the center of the problem. They do not see what they are doing as a cheat. They are following the rules of the game. Not the rules of motor sport, but the rules of Gran Turismo Sport. In fact, since we who gets punted often receive the penalty, it's us that are cheating in the eyes of the game.

As long as PD won't recognise that it's an irresolvable problem.

Here is the center of the problem. They do not see what they are doing as a cheat. They are following the rules of the game. Not the rules of motor sport, but the rules of Gran Turismo Sport. In fact, since we who gets punted often receive the penalty, it's us that are cheating in the eyes of the game.

As long as PD won't recognise that it's an irresolvable problem.

I have no idea what exactly it is PD is doing, and i wish we had more critical journalism when there is a chance to ask them what their plans are.
I might as well start playing like they do, though i really suck at it. This dude was after me the entire race, and i did not succeed in paying back his manners..

Well the week is over, a bitter taste left in my mouth wondering "What might have been?". Three night, three races, three results.

First up was the Pug. I recall a couple of people singing it's praises and proclaiming it to be the META.... and since I never saw more than three of any car in any of the races i had been in, I figured I'd give it a go. So out with the Skunkworks Pug. Couldn't improve upon my qualy time, so started P10/16.

The race was a fairly clean affair, but i had a roadblock in the way in the shape of a Jag. I had to keep easing back because I kept finding myself right up his arse with no where to go and it kept killing my momentum. A couple of times I had overlap on the inside, but couldn't get past, he wasn't giving an inch. I tapped him a few times unintentionally, then backed off to see what would happen. He managed to maintain control luckily....I didn't fancy loosing a bunch of places waiting for him to regain position if he came off :crazy:. All this holding me up allowed the guy behind to get a better run up the main strait and pass me on the outside, then cut across for the final corner and pass the guy that was holding me up all race just before the finish line. It looked messy. I finished P5... if I had gotten past the roadblock, I reckon it would have been P3. SR Blue, DR up 550ish.

Then I realised there was *another* Pug :dunce:. Last night I went with that. Started P10/15.

Race starts, I get up to P6 by the end of the 1st lap. On the second lap I was slammed into the shadow realm at T3 and into last place.. with a 1s penalty just to add to it :banghead:. I managed to claw my way up to P9. Lost 2SR and 180DR.

Tonight I went in with the AMG GT3, beat my qualy time... and still started P7/16.

I was off to a good start, up to P5 for the first lap and closing in on P4, when I had a controller malfunction at T5 between Budweiser Balcony and Munroe Ridge. I have little caps that go over the tops of the analogue sticks, and when I pulled my thumb across to full lock, just as I was about to clear the corner, it slipped off and I was onto the sand, then back onto the track and on the other side, where i was re-spawned in last place :irked:. I managed to finish the race with the cap off, but I had a hard time scrubbing the tyres clean and finished P10. SR back to 99, Dr dropped about 200.

And so the slide down the DR/D begins.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back