"Daily" Race Discussion [Archive]

• Thread starter LordDrift
  • 79,453 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess next week in Monza will be Huracan or Veyron Land. Agility not really neccessary, track is flat, just straights. Drafting NASCAR-Style with european sports cars.

My efforts today in the desert were airborne. FYI there‘s a gas station just outside the track behind the pits and the paddock. Three pumps. Could not read the pricing, though.

I guess next week in Monza will be Huracan or Veyron Land. Agility not really neccessary, track is flat, just straights. Drafting NASCAR-Style with european sports cars.

My efforts today in the desert were airborne. FYI there‘s a gas station just outside the track behind the pits and the paddock. Three pumps. Could not read the pricing, though.

There are places where you have to brake too though, although most people don't bother with them :lol:

So far, doing initial one lap TT at Monza, sees the TT at the top of my sheet, followed by the OyVeyron and M4. 4C and Vantage are pretty close. I'll post up this afternoon. Running the cars alphabetically.
Still stunned you are getting the 4C up to speed like that.

Edit: I know it sounds stupid but I normally really struggle with the 'handling' cars as I am kind of brutal on the steering. Working on it, but amazed how much speed you others get out of those cars

Last edited:
Still stunned you are getting the 4C up to speed like that.

Edit: I know it sounds stupid but I normally really struggle with the 'handling' cars as I am kind of brutal on the steering. Working on it, but amazed how much speed you others get out of those cars

I've learned, over two years, to "deal" with certain MR handling characteristics. Sounds silly or weird, but I place myself IN the 4C, as I like Alfa Romeo. It makes me tune into the car more to "feel" what it's doing.

When entering the corner, I guess I use the momentum/inertia, of the MR layout, to do the cornering for me. If you can understand what I mean. I use the combination of off-throttle & steering angle to get that sucka to turn. I think it's light weight and braking, help it match the Vantage.

Again, others may have varying results. We'll see how it does(and the other cars) in traffic and with a slipstream.

It worked, we managed to get in the same room twice, racing my son or rather trying to protect him in traffic :D

I sped off for a bit in lap 4 to teach a green flag not to mess with my kid. :lol:

We cleared up the mystery why he could only go up to 150. He said why is my car so much slower than yours. First I though it's probably a faulty controller, no 100% throttle. I tried a different (old) one and that only went to 50% throttle ouch. However then back to the one he was using, no problem, 100%. During the races he gets up to speed as well. It finally dawned on me that his version is in mph! Change settings, now it looks like you're going a lot faster already :cheers:

I've learned, over two years, to "deal" with certain MR handling characteristics. Sounds silly or weird, but I place myself IN the 4C, as I like Alfa Romeo. It makes me tune into the car more to "feel" what it's doing.

When entering the corner, I guess I use the momentum/inertia, of the MR layout, to do the cornering for me. If you can understand what I mean. I use the combination of off-throttle & steering angle to get that sucka to turn. I think it's light weight and braking, help it match the Vantage.

Again, others may have varying results. We'll see how it does(and the other cars) in traffic and with a slipstream.

I've had to learn some MR characteristics as well. The Ford GT Gr. 3 is the only MR that I can get down with though. I sure can't handle to '17 Ford GT on sport tires. :scared:

It is something I definitely need to learn. Tried by running that thing last time we had interlagos for a race C and took forever to learn to steer gently and throttle guide it out. If it gets a slipstream it could because real weapon at monza with the ability to really rip it out of parabolica at the end.

IMG_20200228_014049.jpg

It worked, we managed to get in the same room twice, racing my son or rather trying to protect him in traffic :D

I sped off for a bit in lap 4 to teach a green flag not to mess with my kid. :lol:

We cleared up the mystery why he could only go up to 150. He said why is my car so much slower than yours. First I though it's probably a faulty controller, no 100% throttle. I tried a different (old) one and that only went to 50% throttle ouch. However then back to the one he was using, no problem, 100%. During the races he gets up to speed as well. It finally dawned on me that his version is in mph! Change settings, now it looks like you're going a lot faster already :cheers:

Cool video.
He might get targeted with that name, though. :lol:

Here are the remaining:

Continued from the Citroen-Volkswagen. For all the perfect off-throttle turn in the Mustang has, I've said it before, this thing has the hardest suspension of the Gr.4 cars. It's like "driving in a dumpster down five flights of stairs" :lol::sly: What's crazy is, the F-Type feels exactly the same. It just has a touch more understeer.
On the flip, RC F still has the best suspension of all the Gr.4 cars. "Kerbs? What kerbs.".

Atenza set the fastest time until the GT-R. Now, those two really are the same model set up. They're the same car. No doubt.:mischievous: Only difference are the V6 and I4 sounds.
Huracan felt fast, but that's the time I got.
Does the Viper even have a V10 in it in this game? I swear, and it ain't because it revs low. I feel like I'm on a scenic tour on those river boats. Not the ones on the Louisiana bayou, I mean the retired people's ones in Germany or Austria. Well, after all was said and done, it was quick enough to remain in the 20.

ER1ugB5U8AIaPgB

ER1ukKuUYAEPKa-

Slophy didn't make the cut. I tried, but I named it "Slophy" for a reason.
ER1yuJqU8AA8tuD

Adjusted 20 after the 86. I messed up a little when using the RC Z. Exiting the second right-hander at the middle of the circuit, I got a bit of saw-tooth kerb. May have gone a fraction quicker than that time. Maybe not enough to top the GT-R. I also thought the Scirocco would be a bit quicker. Damn, it still has the best off-throttle tuck for more turn and grip. It still split the Evo and WRX.

Evo and WRX both felt quick. WRX suspension feels floaty compared to the Evo.
Supra still needs about 380hp. Help me, PD.
ER11U9jU8AEwIOA

ER12Te7VAAMq2Qg

Here are the remaining:

Continued from the Citroen-Volkswagen. For all the perfect off-throttle turn in the Mustang has, I've said it before, this thing has the hardest suspension of the Gr.4 cars. It's like "driving in a dumpster down five flights of stairs" :lol::sly: What's crazy is, the F-Type feels exactly the same. It just has a touch more understeer.
On the flip, RC F still has the best suspension of all the Gr.4 cars. "Kerbs? What kerbs.".

Atenza set the fastest time until the GT-R. Now, those two really are the same model set up. They're the same car. No doubt.:mischievous: Only difference are the V6 and I4 sounds.
Huracan felt fast, but that's the time I got.
Does the Viper even have a V10 in it in this game? I swear, and it ain't because it revs low. I feel like I'm on a scenic tour on those river boats. Not the ones on the Louisiana bayou, I mean the retired people's ones in Germany or Austria. Well, after all was said and done, it was quick enough to remain in the 20.

ER1ugB5U8AIaPgB

ER1ukKuUYAEPKa-

Slophy didn't make the cut. I tried, but I named it "Slophy" for a reason.
ER1yuJqU8AA8tuD

Adjusted 20 after the 86. I messed up a little when using the RC Z. Exiting the second right-hander at the middle of the circuit, I got a bit of saw-tooth kerb. May have gone a fraction quicker than that time. Maybe not enough to top the GT-R. I also thought the Scirocco would be a bit quicker. Damn, it still has the best off-throttle tuck for more turn and grip. It still split the Evo and WRX.

Evo and WRX both felt quick. WRX suspension feels floaty compared to the Evo.
Supra still needs about 380hp. Help me, PD.
ER11U9jU8AEwIOA

ER12Te7VAAMq2Qg
Awesome work. :cheers:👍
That is a heck of a lot of lapping to get the research done. Saving a few of us the trial and error. Glad I see a few cars I think I can handle still in your top 10.

Holy moly!! And I though my 1:48.0 was decent.....Well done mate, superb lap!

Thanks @HammyMansell and 1:48.0 is very decent! 👍 Would imagine that puts you at the front most races

That is seriously quick. What equipment do you use?

Thanks dude @TJC_69 :) just a standard G29 and portable wheel stand, i do want to upgrade to a playseat and higher quality wheel at some point in the future but the G29 is good considering its price and all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back