"Daily" Race Discussion [Archive]

• Thread starter LordDrift
  • 79,453 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
FIA day. Probably grinding for DR.
Oddly it means no stress at all for me in FIA tonight. Down in a B/B lobby or possibly B/A so no points but looking to see what I can do. Here's hoping he gets a penalty every time he hits the hairpin tonight. Good luck to anyone else running out there tonight.

These Super Formula cars are cool, but I can’t seem to find more qualy time at the Red Bull Ring and racing in the back is just too tense. I really like the Max Verstappen livery, but I don’t deserve it. Gonna search for a Romain Grosjean Haas and I might get back out there.

I saw you in the race just now (Tuesday Night PDT)... and then I got network disconnected... in the one slot I could race tonight. Bummer! Hope to see you again. Good Luck!

They really need to start penalising people who ignore the blue flags, the dirty air is bad enough when it's for position but that's just racing so you deal with it. When it's from somebody running a minute off the pace and without the respect to pull out the way there needs to be SR drops/time penalties.
I think the blue flag is broken on RBR. I have gotten blue flag between T1 and T2 several times because someone came out of the pits after me.
If I am getting lapped I will gladly move out of the way but it's not my responsibility to make their pit strategy work so those I don't move for.

Hi gtplanet folks. I have been reading gtplanet and this "Daily Race" thread in particular over the last two months.

Firstly, this has been a wonderful source of information for a newbie. I would like to thank those who patiently answer the newbie questions and make suggestions. "Circuit Experience" - I mean "who knew?" Thanks GroundFish.

A little about me...

When COVID started I bought a PS4 and GTS as a diversion during the shutdown. I like F1 and had played a few racing sims eons ago in large part to better understand the F1 tracks to better enjoy the races. This game is all about the online mode for me.

Why Little_Guppy? I asked my daughter for a PSN suggestion and she squealed "LITTLE GUPPY" and here I am. I have since adopted https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cony_Guppy as my connection to GTS.

I don't use the mirrors.
I don't read the manuals.
I don't use the mirrors in GTS.
I panic - it feels real - I am getting better and managing it.
I try to race clean but the panicking gets in the way.
Bit by bit, I am able to become more aggressive without losing control.

After some offline racing I nervously jumped into the online mode. I was intimidated and the competition was tough from the very beginning. I didn't get the *signals*. I got a red D for SR. Well, red is my favorite color so we are good, right? I was lost.

Through web searching, I have learned about DR, SR, kudosprime, youtube hot laps, and this site.

I was disappointed that my win rate was so poor. I reasoned that there are a lot of drivers much better than me but on the other hand I was being paired with poorer drivers and should be doing better. The first part is true - there are amazing drivers in the game. Based on this site, I also understand there are sandbaggers/dirty-drivers/bullies who fly in the lower tiers winning 25% to 40% of the races. I now carry my modest win rate with honor.

My knowledge gap is still big.

This site is both informative and wonderfully entertaining and that is due the very supportive cast here. Keep it up and happy racing.

And if I plow into you on the track - apologies in advance.

Little Guppy.

Hi gtplanet folks. I have been reading gtplanet and this "Daily Race" thread in particular over the last two months.

Firstly, this has been a wonderful source of information for a newbie. I would like to thank those who patiently answer the newbie questions and make suggestions. "Circuit Experience" - I mean "who knew?" Thanks GroundFish.

A little about me...

When COVID started I bought a PS4 and GTS as a diversion during the shutdown. I like F1 and had played a few racing sims eons ago in large part to better understand the F1 tracks to better enjoy the races. This game is all about the online mode for me.

Why Little_Guppy? I asked my daughter for a PSN suggestion and she squealed "LITTLE GUPPY" and here I am. I have since adopted https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cony_Guppy as my connection to GTS.

I don't use the mirrors.

After some offline racing I nervously jumped into the online mode. I was intimidated and the competition was tough from the very beginning. I didn't get the *signals*. I got a red D for SR. Well, red is my favorite color so we are good, right? I was lost.

Through web searching, I have learned about DR, SR, kudosprime, youtube hot laps, and this site.

I was disappointed that my win rate was so poor. I reasoned that there are a lot of drivers much better than me but on the other hand I was being paired with poorer drivers and should be doing better. The first part is true - there are amazing drivers in the game. Based on this site, I also understand there are sandbaggers/dirty-drivers/bullies who fly in the lower tiers winning 25% to 40% of the races. I now carry my modest win rate with honor.

This site is both informative and wonderfully entertaining and that is due the very supportive cast here. Keep it up and happy racing.

Little Guppy.
Welcome and remember, you too are now a part of us who helps others and ourselves to get better

A little about me...

I don't use the mirrors.

Little Guppy.
Welcome to GT Sport and GT Planet. We've all been there at some point. I was as off base at the start as you seem to hint at, maybe worse because I thought I knew better. I was wrong.

This is a great place to learn, ask questions and trade info we think will help. Even if it is simply recognizing a good racer, or hinting at a bad one. Take your time, practice, and speed will come. Also, check out the leagues and races section for great lobbies to practice racing where no one will hurt ratings either.

Keep it up and have fun. Many of us have alternate accounts in other regions so always a chance you can run into someone from here.

Got called a divebomber for doing the same exact move

here’s the move

i left him ton of space since i saw him retaliating to another player,

You can clearly see i backed off the outside because i knew i couldn’t trust him,,

we exchanged messages onwards , and ofc i told him next time i wont leave any space bcs he lost my respect,
:cheers:

Can't be a divebomb if you're side by side in the braking zone :confused:. With a name like that it looks like a troll account, the real Moving Chicane is a member of Mistah's team and active on the socials. This sux one looks salty.

Last edited by a moderator:

A little about me...

I don't use the mirrors.

Little Guppy.
May be me, but sounds like a perfect fit for TPC

Last edited:
Can't be a divebomb if you're side by side in the braking zone :confused:. With a name like that it looks like a troll account, the real Moving Chicane is a member of Mistah's team and active on the socials. This sux one looks salty.
Had a few run ins with this guy in the Group C races a few weeks back. Serious nasty driver. Doesnt like getting passed and likes to shove others away. I was hoping it was just lack of control in those cars as it got to a lot of people, but it seems not.

Last edited by a moderator:
I actually don't know...@Pigems
I'd like to know too, is it a league or a group?

By the way, you guys will be glad to know I got my 4th ever win in my last race! I started 2nd in my Corvette Gr.3, GT-R in front, he messed up going into T3(the 4th gear one, not the 90*) I got past him and held on for the win! He was getting a bit faster than me, but I've been learning racecraft and I went quite slowly through the corners and parked my car in the right places to practice my defense. On the final lap, he went off into the wall going into the right-hander after the back straight, and I've heard that successful attack and defense is about keeping the pressure and forcing your opponent to make mistakes(viperconcept is very helpful). I guess I'm doing pretty well! My first 2 wins were a few months ago in a TT at Laguna, but after improving a lot I'm happy to have beat a few B's to take the win!

I also hope I'll be seeing some of you in today's FIA, I'll be entering my first FIA race today! EMEA, C/S, 1st slot.

Last edited:
I don't have my wheel with me where I am, so a high downforce combo in race C would be a great opportunity since I'm on pad, but race B is just too fun :D Rank 2 worldwide as of now, this Huracan is disgusting :lol:

upload_2020-10-14_14-14-44.png

Last edited:
How to drive and annoy everyone else. I've left out the clips where they do stuff like shift to 2nd in the final coupe of turns and park it just to give people behind SR downs.

Wow, awful and highlights glaring issues with the penalty system right now.

f4c49a1ae3.jpg

To make matters worse, he finished with +19 SR. Not a single SR Down or timed penalty for his reckless driving. /facepalm

Last edited:
I know the road cars aren't real popular around here, but race A is one of the best we have had in a long time, in my opinion. It doea need to be a lap longer, but it's so much fun, and the racing has been great so far. The wife let me squeeze in 3 races after work yesterday while she was finishing watching a movie, only problem was, i didn't want to stop. Was lucky to get into a group of mostly friends that carried accross the three races. I hope to get home early enough today to run many more, and through the week. Hope to see some of yous out there... :cheers:

Getting about what I expected in Race C after 2 races, not a lot of actual racing, more hot lapping. I have found the first lap scary and from there settle into a rythym. The pass button REALLY helps keep contact down, especially as I am poor in wheel to wheel combat as I use the D pad to steer and it makes for wide arcs on the SF cars.

Finished second twice, second race I should have won but stupidly selected no tyre change by mistake so had to do an extra stop dammit.

Last edited:
Is anyone else having trouble getting online with their Alt account this morning, since the PSN update?

I agreed to the new terms and conditions a couple of days ago. Did the console get a software update? Otherwise, I've had no problem getting on since the T&C update.

I agreed to the new terms and conditions a couple of days ago. Did the console get a software update? Otherwise, I've had no problem getting on since the T&C update.
Console software update today. Be prepared for potential login / friend list / messaging issues, there's been some changes to how some community features and privacy permissions work and it's slowing stuff down something awful at the moment.

Based on this site, I also understand there are sandbaggers/dirty-drivers/bullies who fly in the lower tiers winning 25% to 40% of the races.
This is true. You can assume that in most of the D races, there's probably someone in the group who was rated A/S not long ago.
Often, that's one of the cleanest people to race with, because most won't want to remain at D.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back