"Daily" Race Discussion [Archive]

• Thread starter LordDrift
  • 79,453 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
BTW the pace is RED HOT at RBR, i managed a 14.7 which put me in a solid position on my Friends list but still near 3% off the fastest time, how the HELL do you do a 12 there? Man.
i know what you mean I am at 14.2 and I feel so sloooooooow compared to some of the times especially in the race

This is true. You can assume that in most of the D races, there's probably someone in the group who was rated A/S not long ago.
Often, that's one of the cleanest people to race with, because most won't want to remain at D.

Yep, noticed that too. One can legitimately get reset and have experienced that myself.

Apparently, a bad SR of C or something will bust you down to 15000 DR but that is not all.
Apparently, apparently, if you persist (at Monza) it will bust you down to 7000 DR.
Apparently, apparently, apparently, if you still don't learn your lesson it will bust you down 3000 DR.
And then if the door bell rings and you need to abandon the next race your DR will be 2200 and your SR will be 3.

Painful, but it is all part of the ride.

Last edited:
Yep, noticed that too. One can legitimately get reset and have experienced that myself.

Apparently, a bad SR of C or something will bust you down to 15000 DR but that is not all.
Apparently, apparently, if you persist (at Monza) it will bust you down to 7000 DR.
Apparently, apparently, apparently, if you still don't learn your lesson it will bust you down 3000 DR.
And then if the door bell rings and you need to abandon the next race your DR will be 2200 and your SR will be 3.

Painful, but it is all part of the ride.
Your SR can only be 2 levels below your DR. 3 below will reset your DR.
Twice I can remember seeing people in daily races who were at A+/B (it's rare). That is someone you can feel free to abuse. :lol:

It’s a(very casual) team, mostly guys from GTP. Shoot me a PM if you’re interesting in joining us. :cheers:

AfraidRacer
I'd like to know too, is it a league or a group?

GotMaxPower
I think it's like alcoholics anonymous but with pretend cars. Occasionally a race breaks out bit we don't talk about that.

That sounds Poker night where the cards are secondary to the fun. Unfortunately, it means a both a time *and* place commitment where I would end up flaking most of the time. I will ping again if things change on my front.

Last edited:
4 great races at brands so far. I love this combo, have i mentioned that. The car is the perfect amount of loose and the full brands circut (although I'm usually not good at it) is a track i really enjoy. Haven't seen any familiar faces yet, but have still been lucky to have good competitors.

@Little_Guppy thatskinda the whole thing with it being a casual group. There are no commitments like that required. As far as i know:dunce:

Last edited:
4 great races at brands so far. I love this combo, have i mentioned that. The car is the perfect amount of loose and the full brands circut (although I'm usually not good at it) is a track i really enjoy. Haven't seen any familiar faces yet, but have still been lucky to have good competitors.

@Little_Guppy thatskinda the whole thing with it being a casual group. There are no commitments like that required. As far as i know:dunce:

Hell yeah, Race A is brilliant. I wish it were longer though.

Hello guys. I found the solution for the online issues. You have to start up the game. Then click on PS4 button and go to settings and account management and click on restore licences. Than it should work. Remember: this does not work if you do this without the game started since the PS4 needs to close the game. Only problem is seeing friends is probably still the issue. But you can go online.

Last edited:
Twice I can remember seeing people in daily races who were at A+/B (it's rare). That is someone you can feel free to abuse. :lol:
I have been at A/C before just was last night next race I started on pole at RBR needless to say that was a very tense turn 1 and 2 but was able to gap the field and was on cruise control after that back to an A/A when race was over

Last edited:
I think it's a cultural thing, in American racing to keep on the lead lap is a thing (Ryan Newman, etc), in pretty much any other country blue flags mean it's not your race get out of the way. With the high downforce cars the dirty air is so bad that you're losing a load of front end grip even from a couple of seconds behind, the blue flags come early enough to find a good place to move over. As for being punted off, it sucks but to end up a lap behind it's probably the wrong person you're getting your own back on.

Unrelated, new PB lap for race C:

I hear what your saying and I get it. I may be just sour from being victimized. If the guy in 1st passes me I let him go but I wont take an unusual line which will slow me down. My rationale is this the race has provisions to make sure fast cars can go by, what are they doing for the unfortunate guys that get taken out? Really nothing and there lies many peoples attitude after suffering. Its a no win situation for GT Sport because I am about to duck out and head to IRacing and RaceRoom. They really need to take care of the clean drivers and punt the punters. Thats the only way to make it fair and it needs to be immediate. You hit someone and you are a ghost and finish last. Will it happen, ofcourse not. Any way, Best of Luck..

Y’all playing gt7 ? Because apparently this is how sport mode looks like
If it is that empty I need to hop in on my US alt.

@Little_Guppy TPC is pretty informal. There are organized races and series in the leagues and races section, but the usual is @Pigems Friday night races. Just hop in and go if there is room. I've got kids and some weekend work so only make it really randomly but always worth it if you can get in.

Last edited:

Got it. That means that DR.S and DR.A+ drivers need to be squeaky clean and DR.A is held to a higher standard than DR.B. On the face of it that sounds like good game design with the right incentives and values. If you are a top driver you should be setting an example of clean strong racing for others.

Clearly there is a problem with drivers (sandbaggers) purposely sinking to C and D levels to boost their win percentage. It creates a perverse reward for bad behavior and, worse, the penalty is borne by the new players. I expect it leads to a dropout rate and that hurts the whole GTS community. Without GTPlanet I may have walked away. I have seen some practical suggestions on this site should PD be listening. Penalize drivers with time penalties in the successive race after a bad SR drop. A pitlane start with a time penalty deprives the sandbagger of the highly sought pole position and lessens the chance for race win.

Last edited:
Penalize drivers with time penalties in the successive race after a bad SR drop. A pitlane start with a time penalty deprives the sandbagger of the highly sought pole position and lessens the chance for race win.
How about this: No more SR ratings. Sort the race lineups exclusively by DR ratings.
*But, here's the catch: Instead of SR deductions, you get horsepower deductions. :lol:

So, for example, one of those guys who's fast but dirty, may be racing with other A drivers, but since he's been crashing into other people, he is racing at 70% power. That solves the problem of people intentionally dropping down the ranks to get easy wins. :D

Last edited:
How about this: No more SR ratings. Sort the race lineups exclusively by DR ratings.
*But, here's the catch: Instead of SR deductions, you get horsepower deductions. :lol:

So, for example, one of those guys who's fast but dirty, may be racing with other A drivers, but since he's been crashing into other people, he is racing at 70% power. That solves the problem of people intentionally dropping down the ranks to get easy wins. :D

And you mean within the current race, correct? I like it.

I agree, the DR downgrading, while well intended, seems to create a worse set of unintended consequences.

The in-race solution will create greater dependence on PD's real-time penalty system which is not strong. The successive-race solution can aggregate and smooth out penalties. Over the course of a race, a penalty can be remedied by several laps of clean racing allowing a drive to recover from a transgression whether it was fair or unfair.

A bullet and that's all
FIN

XD

These Super Formula cars are cool, but I can’t seem to find more qualy time at the Red Bull Ring and racing in the back is just too tense. I really like the Max Verstappen livery, but I don’t deserve it. Gonna search for a Romain Grosjean Haas and I might get back out there.

BTW the pace is RED HOT at RBR, i managed a 14.7 which put me in a solid position on my Friends list but still near 3% off the fastest time, how the HELL do you do a 12 there? Man.

Others have talked about the extreme aero downforce on these cars and that it creates a bigger separation in lap times between the top drivers and middle drivers compared to say Gr 4.

Looking at the top 10 hot laps and I was surprised at the high minimum-corner-speeds. I experimented by not fully depressing the brakes (except for T2) and all of them could be taken fast with less than full braking. (I am using a DS4 controller) . To be sure, I am still nearly 2 seconds off the pace but I found some time here.

Take Turn 5 as an example (second of the twin left-handers), the Gr 3 cars do that at 140 or 150 kph but the SF hot lappers are going through at 200 kph. So, on the entry I stay in 4th gear, allowing it to hit the rev limiter, lift, no more than a whiff of braking and thread the needle at near 200 kph, get back on the throttle and shift up to 5th. I do not use this technique in the race. In the race I go traditional - enter in 5th gear, brake and downshift to 4th.

The penultimate and final corners need just light braking and a single downshift (6->5) and (5->4). I do the same in the race.

For the penultimate corner, the braking point is *much* later than Gr 3 or Gr 4 can be taken well above 200 kph. I am braking about 30m past the orange marshals.

I cannot get a reliable handle on turn 1. The hot lappers are heavily using the left curbs on entry and I just cannot manage it.

Last edited:
Had a tight schedule ytd, did a race C before I slept.

I started 5th, Two Indonesian guys up front 1-2 rocking the same the livery, smelling some fish already.

After Turn 1 I was 2nd as most of them killed each other, followed the pole Indonesian guy into Turn 2, used overtake to get almost side by side with him. Got slammed by his "teammate" into the shadow realm right on the turn-in, I think he came about 5-7 car lengths away, clearly intentional.

Fought back and finished 8th, kinda felt good about myself, but SR dropped to 80s again.

Fair play to them as that was the first time I saw teamwork and team order in daily races :)

Last edited:
Fair play to them as that was the first time I saw teamwork and team order in daily races :)

I don't know about calling it fair play to co-op and take out an innocent driver, though. :indiff:

---

1 Race B, qualified and raced in the Huracan, great car to use without tyre wear. I started pole and got the classic punt into the wall turn 1 but the guy who did it stopped and waited before the finish line to let me pass. Finished 2nd with the FL.

Please keep it up those that do this. It restores my faith in the community and keeps me coming back to this game.

Sardegna must be my new hot spot. Took the dark account into some races. So far, came out with 3 wins. DR & SR rising slowly, but surely. Forgot to mention that I’ve racked up 5 poles also. Back into C/B range. 👍

Just saw @DarkSideNet in that last room. Higher ranked room, higher ranked opponents. Started 4th, had a damn good battle with a couple of cars. Botched turn 1 on lap 4 & finished 8th. Still gained some DR & SR, so I’ll call it a good race.

Last edited:
I'm really digging Super Formula at Red Bull Ring, but this is one instance where I wish the physics were a bit more punishing. Some people really have no shame in diving up the inside and intentionally brushing against the other car to keep them on the circuit... BTCC? Sure. Any open-wheel category? Good luck with that!

full

full

full

If the rammers want to abuse my DR & SR, then I end up in the beginner lobbies again. Take advantage.

Wow, just. . . . Wow. Did a race C. Had a block at all costs driver that knocked me down to low SR S due to late moves into braking zones and swerves. A few random brake checks. Starting to get used to it.

That wasn't the crazy one. The next lobby was. It was a total demolition derby. People shoving off, on the straight, brake checks. Nuts. I got caught in a few incidents and them had a cra spin out in front, all just collateral damage. 8 seconds of penalties and now low A SR. Going to be wild.

The SF are great fun, but getting punted off or maneuvered wide on purpose lap 1 costs a fortune when the lobbies are half filled with people who view it as wreckfest. I understand screwing up braking zones, but the test is total garbage. Oh well. Time to hang it up for another night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back