"Daily" Race Discussion [Archive]

• Thread starter LordDrift
  • 79,453 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I love this game and have a soft spot for the daily races but I think tonight was the first time I said "F THIS GAME". Honestly so goddamn tired of all the bull.

This is why I've began trying league racing out. It's more fun to race with people you know and trust instead of participating in the daily race lottery.

Why bother?

I can relate but here I am, still playing this game, lol. Nothing honestly beats it in terms of pick up and play and online race scheduling.

Last edited:
This is why I've began trying league racing out. It's more fun to race with people you know and trust instead of participating in the daily race lottery.
I do league racing as well, got a big group of good Swedes together and we’ve been doing it for well over two years so yeah — trust and actually knowing the people you race is a ridiculously imporant factor in creating clean racing.

I can relate but here I am, still playing this game, lol. Nothing honestly beats it in terms of pick up and play and online race scheduling.
Yeah, spot on. That’s what makes it so attractive.

Yeah, the penalties really do hamper a good race. I had 2 separate ones in the Daily A races today where I got driven into resulting in a 3 and a 2 second penalty each.

I can even wear the penalties but just the sportsmanship drop means I'll be doing two or three uninteresting races against people I'm much faster than before I'm back at SR:S in time for the next FIA race.

RBR track limits can just 🤬 off. Trying to get near my optimum lap time as I was 0.8 off. Just so totally random and inconsistent. Dont know that next week will be better for racing, but at least we dont have random track limits that change lap to lap.

I did have a wild ghost lag punt there.

And I had 'fun' racing a true perfect name. The one and only.

RBR track limits can just 🤬 off. Trying to get near my optimum lap time as I was 0.8 off. Just so totally random and inconsistent. Dont know that next week will be better for racing, but at least we dont have random track limits that change lap to lap.

I did have a wild ghost lag punt there.

The track limits are based on time gained in relation to the previous laps, that's why you can run wide on L1 (I think) and run wide if you don't earn time on it but are punished when gaining time. That how it should be in a real race too.

I’ve realised this seems to be something very common among the community. While I understand the purpose and the relief an alternative account may provide it’s not for me. I’d hate to have statistics split between a main and a throwaway account.

While I agree & had been considering the alts as "unimportant", they do shield my primary account from people who treat GTS as if it was Forza. I truly believe that some of the Forza scum have migrated over to GTS because Turn 10 got their penalty system mostly correct. As far as what I went through yesterday, here it is.

Gr.4: Autopolis 4 laps
Gr.2: Nurb GP 4 laps
GR.3: Lago Maggiore GP II 10 laps.

After witnessing what I've seen this week, I might stay away from the Gr. 2 race next week. Which is a damn shame since I like those cars (& the SF cars). But the collateral damage to my DR/SR will be too much to bear.

You would like to think that people would have sense enough not to block another car when they are getting ready to serve their penalty. But, Kevins are gonna Kevin, I guess.

giphy.gif

I had a really good time with race a this week, such a tasty combo. since I was up before the wife this morning I snuck a few races in to end the week. I managed to hit a little goal I set for myself a few months back when I saw it was possible. to hit 300 wins by race 2000. well my first race of the day was 300 of 2000, my ocd likes that, a lot lol. I also had a great last race to end the week on a high note. nothing beats racing with trust and respect.....

Last edited:
I’ve realised this seems to be something very common among the community. While I understand the purpose and the relief an alternative account may provide it’s not for me. I’d hate to have statistics split between a main and a throwaway account.

I get where you're coming from. I think what finally did it for me is when I got stuck in a SR down spiral, which ultimately resulting in my DR tanking, as well. Basically, what happens is you get caught up in one carnage heavy race that knocks down your SR substantially. When you try to repair your SR, you're in a low SR lobby - a lobby full of people that are either out of control, rammers, barge passers or just blissfully unaware of what's going on around them. With the way the system is currently setup, you can lose SR from other people running in to you. And each lobby seems to get worse than the previous.

After spending what seemed like weeks digging myself out of a hole, I decided to create the alt-account for dailies. I don't want to limit myself to only racing on Wed & Sat but I also don't want to put the massive amount of work in again to repair my ratings just because the SR rating system is bad.

The track limits are based on time gained in relation to the previous laps, that's why you can run wide on L1 (I think) and run wide if you don't earn time on it but are punished when gaining time. That how it should be in a real race too.
I still dont feel like this is the case. I was still getting penalties in turn 1on laps where it made me slower. Or I could keep 2 wheels on the black ar apex and then still have 2 wheels plenty inside the yellow curb on exit and still getting penalized. Just something I was not able to figure out at any point. Probably not helped by how little I race at that track normally.

To further pile onto the alt account discussion, I'm trying to repair my R4M account. Had a good race, then a horrendous race. People in the low B lobby pushing you off when you pull along side of them with no penalty. The game is giving them a "get out of punishment free" card. Finished DFL because of it. I don't want all 3 of my accounts suffering for other peoples' bad attitudes.

I still dont feel like this is the case. I was still getting penalties in turn 1on laps where it made me slower. Or I could keep 2 wheels on the black ar apex and then still have 2 wheels plenty inside the yellow curb on exit and still getting penalized. Just something I was not able to figure out at any point. Probably not helped by how little I race at that track normally.

I'm sure I've seen or read somewhere that the track limits (at t1 at least) are dependent on which tyres cross the line first. I cant remember exactly but i think you get a penalty if one back wheel crosses the line before both front wheels, but not if both front wheels cross first (or something like that).

Sorry I can't remember where I've got that from, maybe one of @Tidgney 's videos?

Last edited:
I'm sure I've seen or read somewhere that the track limits (at t1 at least) are dependent on which tyres cross the line first. I cant remember exactly but i think you get a penalty if one back wheel crosses the line before both front wheels, but not if both front wheels cross first (or something like that).

Sorry I can't remember where I've got that from, maybe one of @Tidgney 's videos?

Depends on the corner how it works, Redbull Ring turn 1 is purely about which wheels go out first as if both left wheels go out first it thinks you're on a straight. Well it used to be like that at least :)

Race C

Faster lap at several races but the first turn kills me

I saw you racing on Daily C today. T1 is unusual. I think the yellow sausage on the exit has more effect with the high downforce cars. It feels like the car is bottoming out. Run *on* it at your peril. Ditto for T2 the yellow hump at the apex bottom outs the car. Not so for T1 and the last corner.

I had a really good time with race a this week, such a tasty combo. since I was up before the wife this morning I snuck a few races in to end the week. I managed to hit a little goal I set for myself a few months back when I saw it was possible. to hit 300 wins by race 2000. well my first race of the day was 300 of 2000, my ocd likes that, a lot lol. I also had a great last race to end the week on a high note. nothing beats racing with trust and respect.....

This combo has been great. I haven't had such consistently good racing in a while. Race with more than a few friends nearly every run, while I constantly improved my pace. Going to try and get a couple more races in before the new set of is up.

4.0s Pen for a tiny tap rough. Clearly the incident was caused by the two cars in front.

Unfortunately Nothing I could've done. I like the Super Formulas but the game is just asking you to not even attempt lining up a pass because theres such a high chance of people getting on the throttle and spinning/ getting bogged with traction control leaving you with nowhere to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back