"Daily" Race Discussion [Archive]

• Thread starter LordDrift
  • 79,453 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've had a good Race A. Just jumped in and went from Last to P6. The Pole sitter got bumped off and used patience to pass me on the last lap. All I did, was stick to my same lines for every lap. He followed and made a clean pass. I didn't change anything. Be predictable, if someone is faster than you. A no block policy keeps level heads.

So just before contact in a hairpin, I hit pause, he flies through me, unpause in time to drive out, and I only lost a couple 10ths, vs getting hit or trying to dodge. Both take more time, so I'm gonna try it. Would be great when they try to bump you off the outside of a sweeper, too (@jad866 )

Suggest waiting to get onto a straight before hitting "CONTINUE". Your steering input and brakes/throttle are probably not calibrated in the midst of a curve. That is based on my experience in Qualy full PAUSE mode.

Last edited:
So there's this dude who had some "defense" pulled on me once and he really tested my patience in the first time we were queued together.

But then when we were queued again, that's where I really pushed my limits for the second encounter. We had a close race and before the final lap, that's where things got interesting because I was so dead close to him so when I saw him go right and I did a switch and while it didn't worked, I might've startled him because going to the straight he was just weaving all over the place until the hairpin where he just lost it and I just screamed YES and from there it was smooth sailing to a 70th win.

Gran Turismo®SPORT_20210403180413.png

Last edited:
So there's this dude who had some "defense" pulled on me once and he really tested my patience in the first time we were queued together.

But then when we were queued again, that's where I really pushed my limits for the second encounter. We had a close race and before the final lap, that's where things got interesting because I was so dead close to him so when I saw him go right and I did a switch and while it didn't worked, I might've startled him because going to the straight he was just weaving all over the place until the hairpin where he just lost it and I just screamed YES and from there it was smooth sailing to a 70th win.

View attachment 1001965

You would have scared me too, leaving no place at all in the chicane. The only reason none of you get a penalty is because you collide right before you both cut it way, way too much.
If I was him I would be certain you would do a dive-bomb in T1 and I guess he got too spooked.
But congratulations on the win

Last edited:
You would have scared me too, leaving no place at all in the chicane. The only reason none of you get a penalty is because you collide right before you both cut it way, way too much.
If I was him I would be certain you would do a dive-bomb in T1 and I guess he got too spooked.
Yeah I'll admit we both cut way too much on the chicane. Guess my anger really got ahead of me there as he tested my patience.

But now since I managed to get a one up from him, I felt at peace now. With that being said this week's Daily Race B has been something despite the dirty racing I encountered but still it was fun. I for one hope that Daily Race A for next week will be using MX-5 TCs.

Last edited:
Race B...it’s...even by my standards...outright indestructible vehicular warfare. I’m gonna enter a couple more but it’s gettin pretty borderline...I think some folks here have some replays. I’m in full battle mode.

73EE0C71-6EAE-446E-9F79-D166F6B8095A.gif
73754C58-4E85-47E8-AEE6-D7B82C062EF1.gif

To be fair the other guy starts it with a million changes of line entering the braking zone, absolutely terrible driving, that alone should be a 5 sec penalty, how is our man supposed to race that abomination?

He is overshooting his marks trying to avoid the swerving idiot. If he just picked a damn line I am sure they'd both make the corners but no, swerve fest.

Game has to to crap, desperately needs a change of penalty philosophy.

Last edited:
Honestly ever since the penalty system adjustment, its like my driving had to be adjusted since its a war zone now there so I'm like "gloves are off" sadly because if this is how dudes are going to race I have no choice but to adjust.

Sorry if I'm being aggressive lately with my moves.

So just before contact in a hairpin, I hit pause, he flies through me, unpause in time to drive out, and I only lost a couple 10ths, vs getting hit or trying to dodge. Both take more time, so I'm gonna try it. Would be great when they try to bump you off the outside of a sweeper, too (@jad866 )
With my wheel I seem to hit either the PS button or share before pause. I think I have only cleanly hit pause once.

I prefer what Cave Johnson said, and to make lemon grenades.

To be fair the other guy starts it with a million changes of line entering the braking zone, absolutely terrible driving, that alone should be a 5 sec penalty, how is our man supposed to race that abomination?

He is overshooting his marks trying to avoid the swerving idiot. If he just picked a damn line I am sure they'd both make the corners but no, swerve fest.

Game has to to crap, desperately needs a change of penalty philosophy.
Oh, I agree. Not trying to make him the bad guy.

Sorry if it's been asked before, but do you people get some strange effect on hard braking ? I race with bumper cam and when I brake hard ( and downshift at the same time), rear mirror sort of "tears", and some parts of screen also...

Daily races just aren’t fun anymore. I’ve tried Suzuka this morning and been driven off the track 9 times in 3 races. Not one penalty given. You can have 19 clean racers, but just one moron ruins the entire race. I haven’t raced much in the dailies over the last 2 weeks, and I think I might be leaving them for a while longer now.

Such a shame.

And I bore witness to "full send" mode. I burned all of the copies.

You are quick my friend. I saved the replay where you gained 2.0 seconds in the final two laps.

Lol I am open about my destruction derby mode haha. I’ve been bad, today.
I’m not sure I can post a q time as fast as you and Komso have though. I’ll probably make another q run tomorrow. It’s really cool actually to see you guys gaining that high rank and starting pole with 02 times.
I feel like hey I was gone for a week now you guys are A plus.
Great job both you guys. Great to see such huge improvements. :)

Last edited:
Daily races just aren’t fun anymore. I’ve tried Suzuka this morning and been driven off the track 9 times in 3 races. Not one penalty given. You can have 19 clean racers, but just one moron ruins the entire race. I haven’t raced much in the dailies over the last 2 weeks, and I think I might be leaving them for a while longer now.

Such a shame.
After my last Race B, I restarted my game. Been buying and completing Circuit Experience to pick up just the road cars. Signed with Ford, so those are the only race cars I need.
Had to take a break and enjoy these street cars. Not one of those that drool over super cars, but driving the Lambos and Ferraris and even the luxo GT Astons, I can appreciate PD having modelled these cars. Fun stuff.

Makes me wish for a shuffle race mode in Sport Mode. Trying to hang with the super cars, while using the ZL1, is a challenge. H-pattern cars , even with me using the DS4, are at a disadvantage. Everything from the Mustnag GT to the F1, loses time to the flappy paddle contingent. However, this is what makes Gran Turismo, at its core, an enjoyable game.

Not a lot of racing this week, but race A got me back to A, so I had some better rooms in FIA and managed a 6th with the terrible Jag. Really ate the left front. Back to A for two races. P2 on the grid for both with my19.1. Same guy on pole for both. A+ with an 18.8. First race, T1, I covered the inside but gave P1 room, and stayed behind him once we cleared T1. I think he got the message, and by L2 he was running std racing lines. We did some mid 19's and had a good gap to start L3, so I started to push. Almost tapped him in the hairpin, on his tail on the run to the last corner(s). Took a good line, on the gas early, and closed on him entering the straight. He held his line, I swung inside, classic draft pass into T1 for the lead. Had to cover the inside on the last turn to secure the win. Second race started like the first, but when I started with the pressure on L3 he didn't crack. Whent the whole race within a second of him, got the FL (19.1) on L4 and finished .4 back in 2nd. Fun stuff.

Since I have a good Q time, I've started top 4 in all my races here this week. If I can get through T1, they've been good. With the exception of a couple guys that usually start 1-3 spots behind me, racing has been pretty clean. If you can make those around you comfortable on the first lap, the top 2-4 guys can usually pull away over L1 and L2, and have some good racing once they gap the crazies. The couple that cause trouble have been identified, and most have dropped to B, and maybe out of 99, so not as hard to deal with. Guys that Q higher than 19.5 or .6 usually drop back if nobody up front starts jamming a nose in on the first lap or so, and the racing has been hard, but fair. I'm hoping to get a few in tomorrow with more like minded competitors!

Not much racing this week so I had to get a few races in a Suzuka before it changes tomorrow. That feeling when you don't know which car to use with so little practice, I ran first race on main-acc in the 911 after qualifying 15th, up to 8th before the hairpin but all the dive-bombers had caught back up and all hell broke out and I ended up in last place at the end of the lap. Only ran 2 laps on the hard tyres which I paid for at the end but managed to finish 13th but It was near impossible to get past anyone cleanly as they just didn't want to give up a place.

Second race on Alt-acc I was in the Alfa C4 having only done a token qualifying lap so as not 20th, ended up 16th with only one guy setting a time behind me. I started on the hard tyres and I had moved up fairly quickly on first few laps, some due to others misfortunes racing was clean around me too which was good to see it can still happen. I have driven the C4 for so long I'm very comfortable with it and I thought most ahead were on Mediums and I was right so I did 6 laps on the mediums as I was keeping in touch. After the pitstop I re-joined in 8th and managed to get to 5th by the flag, granted the last place I gained was because he ran wide but it was Karma as he bounced of me 2 laps earlier to get past and I was all over him on the final lap and way faster. I know some think the Alfa C4 Gr.3 in slow but it's great on tyres and a joy to drive, the Gr.4 is the complete opposite. I called it a day after that as good to stop on a high and seeing all the posts this week as to the ramming and dive-bombing I would only get annoyed.

I'm kind of glad I didn't spend much time on it this week, needed to step back and take a break, was going to do the FIA race yesterday but the sun came out and we were sitting in the garden and of course a few drinks were taken. We are all dealing with the same issues arising for the changes to the penalty system and I do think it is better now but it has broken the SR and let the idiots back to the top tire to spoil it for the rest of us.

I know that nobody's asked for it, but I'm sure a lot of people are wondering how to go from 1st to 8th on the first lap.
Race A is all about turn 1, on lap 1(If you're starting at the front).
Here's me screwing up the first turn (If you slow down too much, you'll get killed), and subsequently having 10 contacts in the first lap. :lol::lol::lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back