"Daily" Race Discussion [Archive]

• Thread starter LordDrift
  • 79,453 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bored. Made a decal because I liked the sound of it. :)

8143172311369941504_1.png

Pure Filth - Decals by Kaizen-Teian | Community | Gran Turismo Sport (gran-turismo.com)
Love this! Might have to use it extensively! :cheers:

We get a great daily race C (well I like it anyway), but unfortunately it's nearly unplayable due to the penalty system and the ignorance of most players. I have never quit as many races as I have this week and I haven't been playing all that much due to rage quitting so often.
At least I have GT7 to look forwards to now that it's coming to PS4, cos I wouldn't waste the money on a PS5 to play GT7 and a couple of others that look like I'd like them.

We get a great daily race C (well I like it anyway), but unfortunately it's nearly unplayable due to the penalty system and the ignorance of most players. I have never quit as many races as I have this week and I haven't been playing all that much due to rage quitting so often.
At least I have GT7 to look forwards to now that it's coming to PS4, cos I wouldn't waste the money on a PS5 to play GT7 and a couple of others that look like I'd like them.

When world's collide. This you in the wild?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210604-115739.png
    Screenshot_20210604-115739.png
    28 KB · Views: 29
Good morning friends,
Last night after the days business was attended to I was able to settle in for just one race entry. I began in 12th in a room filled with A plus players slinging Scirrocos and Trophies...
I felt good right away knowing my Mustang and NASCAR experience gave me the edge. The Ford didn’t disappoint. I ran 5m 8s and climbed 7 positions up to fifth. The Stang...driving it...you want to move slower, brake light and early...There’s no hurry the corners aren’t going anywhere haha...let it do it’s thing...Walk it around...Yes, Walk, DONT RUN....
That was probably my issue.
It went from a thoroughbred to Buckaroo in a couple of corners.

So are we thinking Veyron for B next week?

Dunno is that Nurb GP? If so that’s be no :).

This is my 16 plate at A in a stacked lobby...
955B7AB4-DEF6-44C7-81EF-A002A204D5AF.jpeg

Last edited:
Decided to give Race A a slash and it RREALLY highlights the weaknesses of my driving where I scrub speed. I mention this a lot of LM and seaside, especially seaside where I am quick everywhere except through the esses where i scrub speed. I gotta find a way to get used to my wheel and pedals, getting murdered on S sectors with the d-pad.

This explains my pace as NGP, RBR and Bathurst, it's nail braking point, sharp turn in and nail exit. Scrubbing basically not an issue.

Last edited:
That was probably my issue.
It went from a thoroughbred to Buckaroo in a couple of corners.

So are we thinking Veyron for B next week?

I remember a c race running the reverse layout in g4 where the Ferrari was really strong, but that included tyre wear into the equation. You need a good balance of power and handling for Sardegna A, I feel in my water that the Viper and the Jag may be good options for keeping the FFs honest, maybe the Corvette as well (thouogh I don't get on with it) but I haven't got anything more to back that up...

Looks like you drove through the oppositions pit crews... :lol:

I hit the wall pretty hard on pit entry and took 1.5 penalty lol. Cost me a spot second stint. Bad mistake.
5A2DC23D-CD96-4CE2-83FF-F068F37973BF.jpeg

I will upload the replay search tag TPC.
The most interesting part is the alien in last with GTR catching me the final two laps.
I was barely able to hold him off.
Anyway it’s uploading.
No dirty stuff. Didn’t run over anyone’s pit crew.
That livery is my go to for results, @sturk0167 created it...

Edit the Stang is good at Sardegna, I don’t like the tracks much though...

Last edited:
Another day another dip in DR. Was hoping that as I tumbled down the ratings I might get some better grid positions. Not to be. Routinely starting in the bottom half of the order despite having a better quali time than my rank.

Might channel my inner @Groundfish and give the Stang a whirl. A change of scenery certainly can't do any harm

Last edited:
Another day another dip in DR. Was hoping that as I tumbled down the ratings I might get some better grid positions. Not to be. Routinely starting in the bottom half of the order despite having a better quali time than my rank.

Might spirit my inner @Groundfish and give the Stang a whirl. A change of scenery certainly can't do any harm
Have you tried checking your quali time ranking on GTBlade? You can see where your time sits against your fellow ranks and see if that time is competitive for a top-half, or even top 3 grid position. It's also helpful to see if you are better suited to certain tracks. I use it religiously now.

https://gtblade.com/

Have you tried checking your quali time ranking on GTBlade? You can see where your time sits against your fellow ranks and see if that time is competitive for a top-half, or even top 3 grid position. It's also helpful to see if you are better suited to certain tracks. I use it religiously now.

I have indeed. Currently .355 better than average for A rank. Getting a lot of rooms with several A+ guys so maybe there's just not enough people online at this time

It's a great help, though I see on tracks i like, say "better than 85% of A drivers" then i join a room and I start p14 :odd:

Might channel my inner @Groundfish and give the Stang a whirl. A change of scenery certainly can't do any harm
I'll second the recommendation for the Mustang. Shift at about 95% of the bar.

It won't, you need to get off SR99. S99/A rooms means a mix of a little A+ and the absolute fastest A guys, i can't run with them even at tracks i like. I am really quite fast at bathurst with the VW but would finish 6th, 7th etc.

Would love a cheeky 6th-7th at the minute! I'll not sacrifice the DR though, unless I find myself in a situation where I'll be exacting revenge on someone. Which is plausible

Gave the Stang a go. Pleasantly surprised! Jumped into a race with only a few laps practice beforehand, had never used this before.

Started 17th and happy enough with that because it gave me a chance to test it without feeling pressure to get a result since I was so far back..

It's remarkably consistent. My pace was a touch off what I was doing in the slophy but again, first time using the Stang. It's a toughy getting it to turn into some corners. Love the fear factor that comes with it. The hot hatchbacks at Brands weren't throwing it up the inside like they usually do. Also seemed to be a torture for some of the quicker guys to get past.

Ended up in 13th but mainly due to binnings rather than race pace. Someone apologised for repeated contact post race. I wasn't lying when I said I didn't notice it!

It's a toughy getting it to turn into some corners.

It’s that early brake, trail off, it’s a car with great brakes, plenty good to dive in late brake for a block pass but that’s a slow lap.
Fastest to brake early and light-get that nose down to turn in and on POWAH early early early.
Good luck, it’s a heavy car, it doesn’t like that weight getting out of line-it’s not a dart around car lightweight wimpy gutless handling car like the sloppy slophy LOL
Instead of that French junk, COMMAND the track in the MUSTANG!!!
:cheers:

Last edited:
Never fails... run a few great raced in Dailies... decide it's safe to run on the Main... only to be punted, shoved aside, elbowed off, and otherwise screwed into a DR spiral.

Today's damage: -2000 DR on the main, after four repeated screenings in a row. Alt account races have all been fantastic, either podiums or net neutral DR... why is that!?

Never fails... run a few great raced in Dailies... decide it's safe to run on the Main... only to be punted, shoved aside, elbowed off, and otherwise screwed into a DR spiral.

Today's damage: -2000 DR on the main, after four repeated screenings in a row. Alt account races have all been fantastic, either podiums or net neutral DR... why is that!?
Because you told the penalty system you loved it. Then broke it's heart. :P:lol:

So close to DR A I can taste it! Thought today would be a day but Brands and company (mainly the company) have had different ideas. a lot of the A guys and unruly fast B’s, are taking advantage of the system and the track big time. Swerve blocking you, running you wide just enough to get a wheel on the grass sending you in a spiral. It’s tough. Not gonna quit tho. Even if I keep taking DR hits. Nurburgring GP is a much more forgiving track next week

Gave the Stang a go. Pleasantly surprised! Jumped into a race with only a few laps practice beforehand, had never used this before.

Started 17th and happy enough with that because it gave me a chance to test it without feeling pressure to get a result since I was so far back..

It's remarkably consistent. My pace was a touch off what I was doing in the slophy but again, first time using the Stang. It's a toughy getting it to turn into some corners. Love the fear factor that comes with it. The hot hatchbacks at Brands weren't throwing it up the inside like they usually do. Also seemed to be a torture for some of the quicker guys to get past.

Ended up in 13th but mainly due to binnings rather than race pace. Someone apologised for repeated contact post race. I wasn't lying when I said I didn't notice it!
I run it a little different from @Groundfish but he is faster. You can try both and pick what works for you. He runs TCS3, BB0 afaik.
I run TCS0, BB3. You can try and combine what you like

In race A I could not improve my QT. I was not able to get under 15.00 in sector 1. So I tired going from TSC 0 to TSC 1, and was able to get under 15.00 and lower my QT by .250. Kind of odd that TSC 1 is giving me faster lap times than 0.
It is a good a good thing to try and have had a similar experience. The takeaway should not be that TCS is better or worse as countless words have been spent on that.

Please take this in a constructive tone. The takeaway should be... you are probably doing something wrong in both and TCS is punishing you less. The upside is that there is more to gain. Without seeing a lap you may be hitting wheelspin that the TCS is helping you to snuff out. But make no mistake the TCS is achieving it by cutting power that you could otherwise use with a smoother yet strongly progressive application of the throttle.

I like TCS=1 from time to time. But according the docs it just helps with straight line spin and not with turning. So, some of this could be "in your head" but that is not a bad thing either as confidence is a key element to get a good lap no matter where it comes from.

So close to DR A I can taste it! Thought today would be a day but Brands and company (mainly the company) have had different ideas. a lot of the A guys and unruly fast B’s, are taking advantage of the system and the track big time. Swerve blocking you, running you wide just enough to get a wheel on the grass sending you in a spiral. It’s tough. Not gonna quit tho. Even if I keep taking DR hits. Nurburgring GP is a much more forgiving track next week

Now that you are high B that is near the cutoff for the top split in the Americas. It means that most of your races will be in predominant A+/A rooms and they are tough. The good news is that you can still gain DR with a lower mid pack finish given that your DR is less then the rest of the room.

The mid-pack can be cut-throat. In the absence of a relationship with the other driver they can treat you bad in just the ways you have suggested. Avoid running on the outside of a corner and wait or give up the spot.. the bastoins will run you wide and into the gravel but you have the choice to place yourself in that position. I have been run wide at least once at T1 (Paddock Hill Bend) - I should have just been more patient.

I was also run off at Graham Hill entry. I ran the previous corners side by side with him and gave him space each time as he was on the outside at T1 and T2. But once at Graham Hill he just pushed me off. A+ dude. He got the win and I got second or third. He immediately left the room with no chat. Thing is. He was faster than me and he could have made a clean pass as we had already established that I was running clean and there were still a few laps remaining.

My view of the top split is not as harsh as @Groundfish but it is only one level above the brown stuff.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back