"Daily" Race Discussion [Archive]

• Thread starter LordDrift
  • 79,453 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there any way to change cars on the start screen of a track when doing qualifying time trials? That way I don’t have to completely exit to switch cars.

It is a good a good thing to try and have had a similar experience. The takeaway should not be that TCS is better or worse as countless words have been spent on that.

Please take this in a constructive tone. The takeaway should be... you are probably doing something wrong in both and TCS is punishing you less. The upside is that there is more to gain. Without seeing a lap you may be hitting wheelspin that the TCS is helping you to snuff out. But make no mistake the TCS is achieving it by cutting power that you could otherwise use with a smoother yet strongly progressive application of the throttle.

I like TCS=1 from time to time. But according the docs it just helps with straight line spin and not with turning. So, some of this could be "in your head" but that is not a bad thing either as confidence is a key element to get a good lap no matter where it comes from.

Now that you are high B that is near the cutoff for the top split in the Americas. It means that most of your races will be in predominant A+/A rooms and they are tough. The good news is that you can still gain DR with a lower mid pack finish given that your DR is less then the rest of the room.

The mid-pack can be cut-throat. In the absence of a relationship with the other driver they can treat you bad in just the ways you have suggested. Avoid running on the outside of a corner and wait or give up the spot.. the bastoins will run you wide and into the gravel but you have the choice to place yourself in that position. I have been run wide at least once at T1 (Paddock Hill Bend) - I should have just been more patient.

I was also run off at Graham Hill entry. I ran the previous corners side by side with him and gave him space each time as he was on the outside at T1 and T2. But once at Graham Hill he just pushed me off. A+ dude. He got the win and I got second or third. He immediately left the room with no chat. Thing is. He was faster than me and he could have made a clean pass as we had already established that I was running clean and there were still a few laps remaining.

My view of the top split is not as harsh as @Groundfish but it is only one level above the brown stuff.

I know my wins will be much fewer and further between once I eventually get to the A's. At Brand's this week, I got my Q-time down where the room is usually a pretty even split of A's and B's. The thing I've noticed about the A's is there ability to drive cars very well that I'm just not able to at a handling track like Brand's. A lot of guys in TT's, Scirroco's, RCZ's and Ferrari's that are able to drive as well as I can a Slophy. I've tried some power cars out there and I'm just not consistent enough in them for me to give up the Megane.

I have no problem with some elbow's out racing, but I can tell that a lot of those guys in the upper ranks know exactly what they can get away with....and take full advantage of it

Last edited:
I have been in A now for a while though on true pace I ama high B. Only once have I truly raced hard with A and A+ rooms, that was the Bathurst Group 4 a few weeks back where the VW suited me to a T with slight lift over steer and strong brakes, i'd gain on A+ drivers going down from sjyline to forrests. But otherwise, i cannot keep up, i just cannot.

Finally got a win in race B. Started from pole so it made things easier, but I had defend as I royally messed up in turn 1, but second place was too impatient and try to get me on turn 5, I took a very defensive in side line, they had nowhere to go but through me, lost speed , and got out of shape. This allowed me escape the slip stream.

Then I just got a free pass to drive my normal lines under no pressure while 2nd and 3rd fought.

My view of the top split is not as harsh as @Groundfish but it is only one level above the brown stuff.

You wonder why?
This is how top players exit the pits-if they aren’t ahead they t bone you and run you off on purpose which ruins your (my) race. They can’t handle it if anyone is ahead.
This is why GTS is how it is-call it cutthroat if you wish-call it brown stuff-it’s not the same as pc games. In this game it is what it is you just dive and ram-the only safe way is never never let anyone get your inside, if they do, letup and punt them next corner.

60DDAA2D-0176-446D-A5A4-A05F81C33A8A.jpeg
A901EC24-6F9C-4FF7-B646-EC701CE35F94.jpeg

Anyways I don’t care I recognize going in the games a dirty one, but this behavior caught me off guard. Totally unprovoked.
So, now, that player made an enemy and the cycle continues.
This is the entitlement A plus “I spent 2-3 hours on my q lap” jerk. Straight up.
Welcome to GTS you’ve been rammed off for no reason and no one is penalized smh.
This isn’t the first and won’t be the last time, it’s just how the game is-dirty-or to say it in a polite way arcade.
You have to look at things as a military operation, not so much a race.
Meh whatever I had several nice races before this, my bad for expecting mr super qual not to exit the pits and ram me off track.
Next time he’s coming out I will lift and punt him at the hairpin, probably J will punt him every time I get the chance from now on.
Fight fire with fire!

One reason I don’t and will never make videos is because it would have an overall negative affect on me. People would get angry at me if I showed what they do in game lol.
No worries.

Edit this kind of crap with ZERO penalties is why I don’t bother with FIA anymore. It’s why I won’t bother setting my best qualifying times either!
I seriously DONT want to race these people!
I have the most fun setting a quick q time and just racing however.
I still get mad and my fun ruined even when trying to stay away from these awful dirty players when they stay on the gas exiting the pits like no ones there and the use the grass too to finish the job on the second impact!
This is only one time tonight getting rammed off track one race ruined...The problem is it only brings up the cumulative emotions of the thousands of times people behave this way-it’s why people are so dirty.
I gave the guy a chance to apologize but nope!
Played dumb-asking what happened? Gimme a break.

Last edited:
Gave the Stang a go. Pleasantly surprised! Jumped into a race with only a few laps practice beforehand, had never used this before.

Started 17th and happy enough with that because it gave me a chance to test it without feeling pressure to get a result since I was so far back..

It's remarkably consistent. My pace was a touch off what I was doing in the slophy but again, first time using the Stang. It's a toughy getting it to turn into some corners. Love the fear factor that comes with it. The hot hatchbacks at Brands weren't throwing it up the inside like they usually do. Also seemed to be a torture for some of the quicker guys to get past.

Ended up in 13th but mainly due to binnings rather than race pace. Someone apologised for repeated contact post race. I wasn't lying when I said I didn't notice it!

Have you tried the "proper" Megane Gr. 4? It's not that different from the Scirocco.

Good news is my hearing is back to normal so happy to be able to jump into the races again.

Unfortunately when I look at the qualifying times for both race B&C and see them dominate by just 1 car in each it has put me right off GTS now. I have picked my own choice for both races as if I want a one make then I would stick to race which is for thr most good fun. Unfortunately B & C are crazy as I have raced from the back and even though your catching guys who are well slower, 99% of the time they block like crazy or run you off thr track so no fun there. I know it's the combos that give us the 1 make qualifying leaderboards and I could be very different next week. Some tracks we have had the past few weeks have allowed you to be competitive in multiple cars and I never like to juts run 1 car.

I think I'm now done with the daily races unless it's a track I really like, it's not the game thats boring but more the ontrack antics, as I moved up DR races become a precession as we all see right at the top where overtaking is usually down to mistakes by the car ahead rather than clean driving skills. Granted where tyres and fuel play a part I enjoy the races where strategy plays a part, this is lim or rited on GTS unless its in a lobby. Another element that I no longer enjoy is racing the one make races in the nations like the SF19 or Redbull we just had.

I guess the game has just run its course for me and I have tried ACC on the PS4 but never given it a real chance after a few races where I qualified ok towards the front only to be taken out and left to limp to the pits with a long repair stop. I have decided it time to get my new pc sorted and give ACC a proper go and looking at the race Tidgney had last night I just know that the longer racing is what I'm after and much and all as I have created endurance lobbies on GTS which fill up you tend to be left running with a handful of guys after the first few laps. I will still drop into the forums from time to time and jump on to tracks I like on GTS but for now I am done with the game. Thanks to everyone here for all the great advice as it has helped me improve so much over the past year even through I didn't post much at the start.

Happy Racing guys and I will be on GT7 when it's released next year if I have a ps5 by then.

So there.. after 2 races with non meta cars, and ending up in trouble, i went meta, and although i do find other cars more fun to drive, there is something else that is even more fun.. battles on the track, no matter bathtub or gt3 car, they are the meat of the races you remember.

I ran (hehe) into two great drives in C, and imho i showed up with worthy defensive skills, needed when you get places when fast drivers make mistakes.. welcome to D-FENS, the drive

I don't race dailies all that often and the last sequence was at the beginning of my online career at the tail end of 2020 when I got my boy his Playstation Plus subscription and dad decided he’d try his luck with online racing since he continued (and still continues) to fail the Amateur League Super Formula Championship forever stuck on Suzuka (now SPA) P2…

Anyway. Back then I had enjoyed Brand’s Hatch and as I looked at my history I noticed it’s actually one of a handful of tracks driven more than once. And at the time the results were not half bad at all.

Figuring it’s probably going to return in the second half of this years Manu, and skipping both Nürburg and Laguna I decided to get reacquainted with the track and drive one of my favourite cars: The Renault Mégane Gr. 4. Everything I hate about the Slophy (I know it’s a reference to Sloooow, but for me I read it as sloppy) being the, well, sloppy car is the opposite on its Gr. 4 counterpart. It’s fast, forgiving, can corner like no other and it loves its third and fourth gear. In my racing at Brands the gears I’m in most of the time.

That’s reflected on the leader board as well. I have a good time there 01:28,163 which is good enough for top 20% in B rated lobbies. Unfortunately there never seemed the opportunity to test it in races until yesterday. I did two races, starting second in my first race I was driving very unsecure and that translated in a poor result, with some mayor mistakes and some sketchy mid pack driving. I ended in nineth and took the run to figure out how to drive the race, deal with tyre wear and when to pit etc. like I would in a lobby practice for FIA.

The second race I was on pole and a lot less nervous. The first five-six qualifiers are usually better, cleaner drivers so as long as you can stay with them and drive respectfully yourself, you’ll be fine. The race itself was pretty uneventful as I just took off and gradually increased the gap. Drove as fast as I could without compromising safety. And I had a bit of luck that the guy who was in P2 when I pitted decided to follow me in. He should not have done that. I looked at his times after the race and on average he was a bit faster than me, also sloppier, yet faster. He came back on track in traffic and I had timed my pitstop to be free of traffic.

I drove away into the sunset while he was crawling to get past others.

Resulting in my first daily win ever.

I remember a c race running the reverse layout in g4 where the Ferrari was really strong, but that included tyre wear into the equation. You need a good balance of power and handling for Sardegna A, I feel in my water that the Viper and the Jag may be good options for keeping the FFs honest, maybe the Corvette as well (thouogh I don't get on with it) but I haven't got anything more to back that up...

I've got something to back it up. Just for reference, this was a B DR race & I have another race with the Corvette getting the same runner up finish. But the Corvette was also the car that set my best quali lap.

Brake light and early...

eh-he-dont-know-me-very-well-do-he.jpg

I raced yesterday for the first time in weeks. Race B. It was really fun. I lost a lot of DR and there were some dirty drivers but also some very respectful drivers. It was my first time not spending more than a few minutes qualifying and I think that made the experience better. So now I can see where @Groundfish is coming from re: limited qualifying.

I don't think I will ever look at my DR again. I don't even do FIA races so I don't know why it should be a concern of mine. Only I can tell when I'm getting better or not.

Last edited:
I’m currently spreading love at Brands Hatch.
Smooch smoochy!

Edit how funny when others cry when they get moved outta the way.
I’m to the point let the penalty system call it.
I will put people off. They do it to me all the time, but cry when it happens back.
I’ve had it. I’m playing aggressive, too bad people.

Last edited:
I’m currently spreading love at Brands Hatch.
Smooch smoochy!

Edit how funny when others cry when they get moved outta the way.
I’m to the point let the penalty system call it.
I will put people off. They do it to me all the time, but cry when it happens back.
I’ve had it. I’m playing aggressive, too bad people.

I did that 3 or 4 times and regret it later. Just a reminder. :) We may ruin an innocent clean player's race and that does not feel good.

Last edited:
I did that 3 or 4 times and regret it later. Just a reminder. :) We may ruin an innocent clean player's race and that does not feel good.

If I get time I might improve my q time for the purpose of revenge against that guy from yesterday.
It’s late enough in the week that people have outqualified themselves...
You are right of course. But I do struggle with idea of what is clean anyways?
If the game allows this much contact if you do use contact then it’s fine under the games rules.
AFAIK that seems to be a gaming standard in all games...

I decided I needed another alt account. My main account finally reached A+, Now my original alt is within a hair of A+ as well. I've always wanted to race against drivers from across the pond, so if any of my friends run into Anglophile1958, say "hello"!

It has been an interesting experience running dailies over there. First thing I learned? In Europe they spell Brazil S.P.A.I.N.

I've been doing race A all week. Managed a QT within .391 sec of #1 on the q list, so I've started all the races in the first three places on the grid. As long as I don't make a mistake or get punted in the first few turns, the racing has been great. Slip to mid pack and the carnage feels just like home!

Should be at A/S in a few more races. Looking forward to running in higher lobbies.

I can't wait for Race C next week. The last time I did a Race C (Fuji, Gr2), I went from 9th to 1st in a clean race where non of the podium chasers had any problems with penalties or going off track. I won on my own merit and it was a great feeling.

Does anyone have a clue as to what some of the better cars will be on Gr3 Nurburgring GP? I am getting bored of always using the Corvette and the Porsche.

Also, I understand that it will be a no-stop race. I'm not a fan of that.

Last edited:
I can't wait for Race C next week. The last time I did a Race C (Fuji, Gr2), I went from 9th to 1st in a clean race where non of the podium chasers had any problems with penalties or going off track. I won on my own merit and it was a great feeling.

Does anyone have a clue as to what some of the better cars will be on Gr3 Nurburgring GP? I am getting bored of always using the Corvette and the Porsche.

Also, I understand that it will be a no-stop race. I'm not a fan of that.
If I remember correctly, the Subaru was meta last time this combo came up. :)

How has the lag been with your across the pond acct?

Lag hasn't seemed to be an issue. I've always had three or four bars.

I have had to keep in mind the time difference. I'm in New York and I do a lot of racing at 10 o'clock or later here. Well, it's the wee hours of the morning over there and you don't always get the cream of the crop to race against. The later the hour, the filthier the drivers.

Last edited:
This may be my last day of racing for a week or so. The wife and I are pulling up stakes, leaving up-state NY and heading for for sunny Florida. Why? 1. I'm old and that's what old people do! 2. If I never see another snowflake it will be too soon!

I've already warned Karen that I may get a wee bit cranky without my daily GTS fix, but at least she won't have to listen to me rant about filthy drivers for a few days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back