"Daily" Race Discussion [Archive]

• Thread starter LordDrift
  • 79,453 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think they need to make it a qually session for each race , not have you stuck with the same time for the day ie I did a time in the megane at willow did a race but now am changing to the wrx but its a tad slower yet ive still using the meganes time...

Don't know either.

In general, would people like x10 tire wear knowing you don't have to worry about fuel and just push the tires until they run out OR x10 fuel and even with the lowest fuel map you still need to pit so just keep it at 1 at push until you run out?

Don't know either.

In general, would people like x10 tire wear knowing you don't have to worry about fuel and just push the tires until they run out OR x10 fuel and even with the lowest fuel map you still need to pit so just keep it at 1 at push until you run out?
True but either of those cars i need to top up for 2 laps or so. I just like the wrx's ride

My first complain:

I was 1 good result from being promoted to S. Full A bar!!!

One guy stalked me a whole race, pushing me off the track, waiting... and doing it all over again. I went back to 3/4 A and I don’t know how I didn’t drop my SR. I didn’t quit, because I honestly thought that every time would be the last, and it would be worse for my ratings.
That was actually the first time I had a problem that I could completely rule out an accident.

Climbed the ranks again. I was maybe 2 good results from S rank. Got disconnected and lost about 1500 DR points.

Oh well... maybe one day...

Disconnected in lap 8, my isp stalled for no reason. It wasn't going great anyway, got squeezed off the road in the worst spot, after 20 seconds driving through dirt on the outside while approaching the road the game finally decided to reset me anyway. I climbed back up only to be disconnected.

I'm a bit over these pit stops in short races. Choosing the most fuel efficient car is not what I had in mind with pit strategy. You can't change to different tires, what's the point in pitting early or late.

Second attempt, disconnected in lap 9, after getting from 17th to 6th place... I guess GT League it is :/

Last edited:
Disconnected in lap 8, my isp stalled for no reason. It wasn't going great anyway, got squeezed off the road in the worst spot, after 20 seconds driving through dirt on the outside while approaching the road the game finally decided to reset me anyway. I climbed back up only to be disconnected.

I'm a bit over these pit stops in short races. Choosing the most fuel efficient car is not what I had in mind with pit strategy. You can't change to different tires, what's the point in pitting early or late.

Traffic management.
I always have fun in races mixing different strategies. I had an incredible race in Kyoto. I was driving a BMW, against 2 Meganes. One stopped at lap 4, I stoped at lap 5 and the other went for no stop I think.
Good race!

The forums are full of complaints about dirty and unfair driving, my experience in the daily's yesterday was an entirely different one.
I started the day with 50% DR D and SR S, Group 3 at Suzuka, i set a quali time of 2.04.87, not great but i generally started mid-field on the grid, just by driving carefully and being aware i usually picked up 4 or 5 positions due to guys in front making mistakes, all the races were very fair and clean. managed to get another win(my 9th) and moved to DR C, re-did my Quali time to a 2.02.94 and again started mid-field and picking up positions, ended the day with about 60 % C. In the majority of races almost everyone ended with a Blue S, very few penalty's and very respectful driving all round. Had an absolute blast and it is entirely possible to have good, clean and fair racing.

I started at pole and i have finished first at todays daily race at tokyo expressway but suddenly a cheater came and he finished first and the best time owner with a very bad time. Cheaters on the way be carefull

Hi guys, how did you reach SR S??? I try to drive clean, but always get pushed from someone and I can't have more than c-d SR.

I have to do dozen of race starting last to avoid any contact?

We need more options for the dailys regardless of the amount of tracks. At least one more 10 lap race would be nice, only having one option for a medium length race like that kind of sucks tbh. I really dislike the 4 lap races, played a lot of those kinds of races in my Forza Motorsport days and they were always chaotic and pretty much meaningless. Sport mode is not much better despite having a rating system. People are just too desperate to pass when the races are short like that.

Overall though I would prefer weekly or 3-4 day races, so I can maybe spend one day practicing and the rest of the days racing. I don't really have time to get really good at a track then do a bunch of races within a day with a 5 month old daughter in the house. :lol:

Last edited:
Had a great day at Suzuka yesterday in the RSR.

Set an early 1’59.3 in qualifying, and won a few from pole before some faster guys turned up. Went back to qualifying between races and improved to a 1’58.7, which was good enough for 2nd on the boards at the time, and got me another few wins/poles.

Eventually, a couple of proper fast times popped up, but still picked up the odd win.

Only 1 finish outside the top 3 in 21 races, with 13 poles and 13 wins. Picked up almost 5k DR points to finish on 67.5k pts, ranked 2 in the UK and 31 in the world.

Only bummer was missing out on the consecutive clean race achievement. Got to 9 comfortably, then got involved in 2 other drivers accident and lost the run. Back on a 7 run when I signed off. This one is going to be hard!

Had a great day at Suzuka yesterday in the RSR.

Set an early 1’59.3 in qualifying, and won a few from pole before some faster guys turned up. Went back to qualifying between races and improved to a 1’58.7, which was good enough for 2nd on the boards at the time, and got me another few wins/poles.

Eventually, a couple of proper fast times popped up, but still picked up the odd win.

Only 1 finish outside the top 3 in 21 races, with 13 poles and 13 wins. Picked up almost 5k DR points to finish on 67.5k pts, ranked 2 in the UK and 31 in the world.

Only bummer was missing out on the consecutive clean race achievement. Got to 9 comfortably, then got involved in 2 other drivers accident and lost the run. Back on a 7 run when I signed off. This one is going to be hard!
Nice:bowdown:maybe one day I'll be able to achieve times like that, but as long as I'm hard pressed to get 10 hours worth of playing time a week the chances are slim, still, one can but hope:lol:

vcx
I started at pole and i have finished first at todays daily race at tokyo expressway but suddenly a cheater came and he finished first and the best time owner with a very bad time. Cheaters on the way be carefull

Had the same thing happen in this event. Guy pits on the first lap, gets credited with a 40 second lap and is suddenly in first. The rest of us didn't even get to finish the race.

I Didn't do that race again, choosing Race A instead, and had a blast.

Enjoyed the willow springs daily race yesterday when I didn’t think I would. My first race was really good, made a few places up. Second race though, I was taken out quite gratuitously at the hairpin at the top of the course on the first lap after being about 5th. When you go off there it’s race over. The red mist descended and made it my mission to take out the guy who took me out. Took him out twice, punting him right into the dirt, once before a pit stop and once after. He finished last I finished second last. I feel bad about it, therefore have come on here to confess. Apologies to him, I think he had a Hungarian flag, but his driving when he took me out was atrocious. My rating had all ready taken a hammering in the WRX race at BH, going down to SRA, however this willow springs incident had no effect!

For the first time I made it into the top 10 leaderboard for my region (Asia/Oceania) with a 2:02.804 for the current Daily Race at Mount Panorama. Could’ve gone up to half a second quicker but I figured I would at least be out of the mid-pack mayhem.

My first race was going very well, up to 13 seconds ahead by the halfway point. Then I absolutely blew it heading out of Reid Park. Then to top it off I overshot the pit entry. I at least recovered to third but, man, that was so dumb of me.

We need more options for the dailys regardless of the amount of tracks. At least one more 10 lap race would be nice, only having one option for a medium length race like that kind of sucks tbh. I really dislike the 4 lap races, played a lot of those kinds of races in my Forza Motorsport days and they were always chaotic and pretty much meaningless. Sport mode is not much better despite having a rating system. People are just too desperate to pass when the races are short like that.

Overall though I would prefer weekly or 3-4 day races, so I can maybe spend one day practicing and the rest of the days racing. I don't really have time to get really good at a track then do a bunch of races within a day with a 5 month old daughter in the house. :lol:

I think one more daily race for Gr.1 would be a nice addition. My Mazda LM55 is waiting in his garage :lol:

Today's daily race with the WRX is cool ! It fits very well with Dragon's Trail, even if I don't like that track. Best time around 1'59"9xx and 2 wins for the moment.

The other daily race takes place in Bathurst with Gr.3. First time I drive at night. I've got a 2'04"2xx with my Genesis but far to my ultimate (2'03"2xx). Enough to get pole. Tires managing is pretty easy, maybe because it's night time (don't know if the game manage this) but I completed the race without pitstop and won it 9 seconds ahead of 2nd place !

My only beef is how the system is geared towards (un)clean racing. That's fine but I haven't had a clean race and yet the amount of poor driving by others (shunting, pushing off opponents in corners instead of using brakes side by side banging because they are childish and have no skills) its a bit frustrating when you are the only one who seems to be racing clean. If i screw up and look like I'm going to hit someone Ill run off or lose position rather than drop DR/SR. Another thing I've noticed recently is the racing tunnel vision of some of the leaders in latter stages they will hit you it is uncalled for penalties need to be applied...more races would be better so there is a better choice and everyone isn't stuck racing at the same time

Nice:bowdown:maybe one day I'll be able to achieve times like that, but as long as I'm hard pressed to get 10 hours worth of playing time a week the chances are slim, still, one can but hope:lol:

You don’t need to play 24/7 to be fast.

Most weeks I get about as much time as you... wife was at her sisters yesterday, so I got a full day for once.

I’ve completed off line and have 119 races total.

You need to make a commitment if you want to improve your pace - rather than run races, you should run something like the GTP WRS. Measure yourself against a constant peer group week after week. Gradually improve your hot lapping pace. Then you’ll qualify better and finish higher in races.

All the one make races are poor particularly on the same tracks. The FIA ones not too bad but some nights I'm too tired to race so I'm not being competitive...:crazy:

Yes I would also like fia races mid day / afternoon. Altough todays one make, I got pole, victory and fastest lap. First time :D And I finaly made it into DR B, called it a day and will be back tomorrow :gtpflag:

Do the Gr.4 daily races always have tire wear and fuel consumption turned on?

Or do they ever switch so the Gr.3 races have them instead of Gr.4?

Gr.4 is probably one of my favorite classes but I don't always want to run with that stuff turned on everyday.

Do the Gr.4 daily races always have tire wear and fuel consumption turned on?

Or do they ever switch so the Gr.3 races have them instead of Gr.4?

Gr.4 is probably one of my favorite classes but I don't always want to run with that stuff turned on everyday.
Gr.4 and Gr.3 usually take turns at having 10 lap races with tyre and fuel consumption.

Hi guys, how did you reach SR S??? I try to drive clean, but always get pushed from someone and I can't have more than c-d SR.

I have to do dozen of race starting last to avoid any contact?

Do the Daily C races. You can earn 3 times the SR points in Daily C over the other two. They also tend to spread out more since they're longer so less contact, or you can choose to pit early if you find yourself stuck in a group. However today it's Mount Panorama, good luck :/

If you really want to get to SR.S quick, stay behind in Daily C, it's 11 to 14 points per race (depending on the race) 6 races should be enough from SR.C However don't expect everything to be better at SR.S... Dirty driving still happens and you restrict yourself to worse match making as SR.S is a much smaller group. I've had better races at SR.B than SR.S, better match making and people still trying to improve their SR instead of using the 20 point SR.S range buffer to cause mayhem.

If you really want to get to SR.S quick, stay behind in Daily C, it's 11 to 14 points per race (depending on the race) 6 races should be enough from SR.C However don't expect everything to be better at SR.S... Dirty driving still happens and you restrict yourself to worse match making as SR.S is a much smaller group.

A big part of the problem as far as the frequency of dirty driving in the SR S rank is exactly what you are recommending a driver to do to get there quickly. Riding around in the rear of a race to artificially increase your SR rating does you the racer doing it no favors or those that are in the ranking legitimately RACING their way into the ranking.

If you want clean racing you have to learn to race among other drivers within a pack or close proximity to other cars and rarely make a mistake which causes you to go off course or contact another car.

You do not learn that racing by yourself at the rear of a race to inflate a falsely advance to a higher SR ranking. What the results of this practice is then you end up with quite a few racers who do not belong in the S ranking either with their driving habits or skills and then you have people complaining how the S ranking is just as dirty as the lower ranks.

Hopefully the ranking system will be tweaked in the future to make it more difficult to achieve and remain the higher rankings. Until then just go race where your actual skills place you. You will have more fun and so will the people in the races with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back