"Daily" Race Discussion [Archive]

• Thread starter LordDrift
  • 79,453 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Had some good races in Alsace. Somehow, I had the splits for a high 59 but my real pace was high 00s. First night where I consistently had at least one person with equal or faster pace than I did. With being out of competitive racing so long, I was a bit jittery at first (the Viper wanting to plow the nose not helping at all). Thankfully, I was at least able to keep up after a few races and even nabbed a victory in the last race for the night.

Biggest takeaway is that my times are getting better but I can't string those fast laps like I used to yet. Also, I need to remap the MFD control on my wheel. They are way too far away to access.

Next up
keIc.jpg

Still Mercedes AMG for daily A
Renault R.S. 01 for the daily B

Race C is going to feel slow after tonight. Racing on Brand's hatch was excellent (apart from one race). That course and GR.1 always serve me well, shot up to 43k DR from 39k. I can give it out tomorrow again while not keeping up in GR.4 :)

My 2 cents worth. I don't usually comment on this sort of stuff but I'm on my coffee break atm!
I agree with Sean Renon's assessment. You don't use the radar by your own decision (and fair enough), but, in the first bit of contact in the left kink you still turn in even though your left-hand proximity sensor is glowing/flashing full red, indicating a car is (somewhere) along side on the left. The second contact the other driver giving you the squeeze. In both cases, both you and the other driver get 1 sec penalties for each bit of contact, so kind of evens out. The bit that I don't understand is the game giving both drivers penalties at the same time for each contact when one driver is "more at fault" than the other.

Was I looked back/on side and saw the car - behind me?

Did I left him a space?

Was I in front?

Was there a heavy (narrow) braking where forces are doing their part?

Well, he hit me then, and what was DIRTy, again, even pushed me off track...

At first, I wasn't upset at all, now I became - and video was mainly about not lowering SR - what is for current system, strange.

And I don't even have anything against that driver, though his second act wasn't fair.

Ugh, I can't stand those one-makes anymore. One a day is already enough IMO, but 2!? :yuck:
What a waste...

At least theres a decent Race C option today. :)
Personally I like One-Makes, since they give reason to use cars that are otherwise pointless to the game. But if they use one car for the One-Make for 3-5 days straight (Hi Race A), they sort of defeat the whole point

Personally I like One-Makes, since they give reason to use cars that are otherwise pointless to the game. But if they use one car for the One-Make for 3-5 days straight (Hi Race A), they sort of defeat the whole point

Instead of adding another one-make race, why not bring back the N100-1000 classes?
I know PD isn't really able to balance them, but when was the last time we used a McLaren or Ferrari in a sport mode race? Its always a slow and boring car, instead of (at least) a supercar.
There' still lots of potential PD just wastes...

That, of course, is only my opinion ;)

I'm all for one make races.. My chances are so much better in them :D But three days should be a max for one car..

If I can find time tonight it's Maggiore.

Drove a few A's last night.. Somewhat a-holish behaviour there from several racers.. Finally got the Barrichello trophy :)

Had my first daily in months yesterday and had an asshole in an M4 constantly blocking and ramming me. Still managed to beat him in the end and finished 10th after starting 15th.

Still managed to get my SR from C to B which was nice.

Had my first daily in months yesterday and had an asshole in an M4 constantly blocking and ramming me. Still managed to beat him in the end and finished 10th after starting 15th.

Still managed to get my SR from C to B which was nice.

Them BMW drivers must think they can transfer their god given rights from the road, to the track.

Will try B but I reckon I will mainly be on C tonight.

Another good night in the A45 last night though... DR gains of 811, 148 and 188 over 3 races. Much better grid in the first race (started 3rd amongst 2 x S and 10 x A), but next 2 races was mostly Bs and I started in 6th and 7th :confused:. Up to a PB 36700 DR now :)

Last edited:
Instead of adding another one-make race, why not bring back the N100-1000 classes?
I know PD isn't really able to balance them, but when was the last time we used a McLaren or Ferrari in a sport mode race? Its always a slow and boring car, instead of (at least) a supercar.
There' still lots of potential PD just wastes...

That, of course, is only my opinion ;)
Instead of the N classes, why not one-make supercars? I'd love that! Or better yet, a choice of two cars. Imagine choosing between a McLaren F1 and an F40 :drool: I reckon it'll be easier to BoP too since it's only two cars in one class

Instead of the N classes, why not one-make supercars? I'd love that! Or better yet, a choice of two cars. Imagine choosing between a McLaren F1 and an F40 :drool: I reckon it'll be easier to BoP too since it's only two cars in one class
I do see this coming eventually... even now the fixed vehicle races are changing, like with the one make group 4 Huracan the other day and the odd group X cars being used now.

So, Mr. @nord_clane... please read...
I've given you grief, but, have just now watched the entire race... yep all 20 some odd minutes.
Later in lap 1, I don't know how you avoided contact with the Beetle. I hate Beetles, and that was a tough spot... "pat on back".
That orange AMG... I would not have pulled that move, but, being honest, I'm actually glad you did... he was being a complete jackolantern.
On lap 8, avoiding the wrecking car, and every so tenderly touching the red 991... I'm glad you were not handed a penalty... that in "my" opinion was racing incident... and, I don't know how you managed to just drive through with such a loving touch... i'd have wrecked the red 991... not on purpose, but due to lack of skill.
You certainly have "pace"... your lap 8, even with letting up to not wreck the red 991 was a full 2 seconds off my qualifying time... ouch.

So...
Outside of turn one, lap one (which, I kind-of want to forgive... but just cannot... )... extremely well done Mr. @nord_clane .. and, it was a pleasure to watch the remainder of the race.
Hat is off.

Thank you :)

And you know what...after watching the T1 overtake again at 0,25x Speed i saw it too that i gave him a little push.Didn't saw that in full speed and did not feel it in the race :-(

I did Race C two times today and the first one was pretty fun. I was going for a 1-stopper while my competitors went for a 0-Stopper. And this time: 3 perfectly clean overtakes :)

That happened to me the other evening too, buttocks 👍

You don't need TCS and ASM on the A45 btw :) will slow you down loads.

When you find that magic spark all of a sudden.

I know it isn't a super fast time, but it was one of those moments where I found a huge chunk of time that I didn't know was there and then immediately repeated it. Closest consecutive fast laps I've had in a session.

Nice!!! My best was 46,150... done a few test laps.. and then a personal problem came up and I simply abandoned GTS for the rest of the night... Completely lost the will play at that moment.. :( (nothing to do with GTS...life sometimes ain´t that easy)

M4 is just totally overpowered!
I love BMW but I didn't race in M4 just bcs of that - "everyone" drives it and it always tops leaderboards!

Yesterday I tried it at Alsace and after only 3 laps with car I got 2:00.6!
Then I took TT, that I have driving before, and got 2:00.7!

In both cases, I would probably go at high 1:59 if I continued driving it...

But it's not interesting to me, I'm always on the side of weaker.

With fresh gotten, but 10+ laps, Evo I did 2:00.9 and with my main GTS car, gr4 Huracan, straight 2:01.

As usual, 90% of my driving is "qualifying", so I did one race with Huracan at morning and one with Evo afternoon.
That's my average if I even go to any daily.

For today, I like they have included Renault RS.
It's kinda forgotten, so good car.

Though, thanks to the penalty system, I lost confidence to even race!

Next up
keIc.jpg

Still Mercedes AMG for daily A
Renault R.S. 01 for the daily B

Race C is going to feel slow after tonight. Racing on Brand's hatch was excellent (apart from one race). That course and GR.1 always serve me well, shot up to 43k DR from 39k. I can give it out tomorrow again while not keeping up in GR.4 :)

Both races A and B look to be interesting races... The AMG is a very stable drive. just a little bit understeering and heavy on aceleration.. but otherwise a great ride!!! AS for the R.S.0.1 .. it must be also great.. quite close to a Gr4 or 3 car drive!! :)

As for Nations Cup, Willow Springs with Mustang GR3 Road Car.. that must also be an interesting challenge! :) Today we´ve got a lot of interesting races to try!! I think!! :)

Ugh, I can't stand those one-makes anymore. One a day is already enough IMO, but 2!? :yuck:
What a waste...

At least theres a decent Race C option today. :)

I Don´t agree with you... and in thi case the RS.01 is almost a GR3 or GR4 car...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back