"Daily" Race Discussion [Archive]

• Thread starter LordDrift
  • 79,453 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I find it hard to go past the AMG because it seems to suit my driving style. I like to have a car that I can really lean on; a stable platform that doesn't give much oversteer until you really give it some. Yes, you may bemoan the understeer at times, but I like it that way. I can deal with understeer, but I can't deal with oversteer.

I'm the opposite. I would rather deal with oversteer. Not TONS mind you, but I would much rather have over steer than under steer.

I simply find it easier to adjust where I'm going when I have more direction to play with. When a car under steers, I simply am not going where I want to go. It just slows me down.

Not surprisingly, the AMG is one of my least used and least winning cars. The Huracan, R8, etc, all have FAR FAR more wins in my garage.

Next week's dailies:

Race A: N200 @ Tsukuba, 5 laps, SH
Race B: Gr.3 @ Nürburgring GP, 4 laps, RH
Race C: N200 @ Laguna Seca, 11 laps, SH, Tires x5, Fuel x3
Beat me by a hair haha.

Race B is where it's at, although I'm slowly getting tired of Hard tires.

Race C looks like another 86 race, although they might switch it up and use a BRZ:lol:

PD offers good combo this week. Race A is a pretty fun and I did couple of race there but I could'nt resist the sexy rainy Spa. It looks so good!!!:bowdown:

The races are pretty clean at Spa, like Nurb North 2 weeks ago, the cost of going off track is high so people are more respectful.
I manage a awesome win starting from 16th.

49435077071_b393d373fd_c.jpg

Numbers 2,3,4
really????
you are trash from the driver
For the sake of you like me, I only take overpayment for one month
and I miss the ride, and I love the gt
I really like that insidiousness, banging on the back, pushing on the side and the rest, vomiting
I just hope you're not such a spoiler on the road live

PD offers good combo this week. Race A is a pretty fun and I did couple of race there but I could'nt resist the sexy rainy Spa. It looks so good!!!:bowdown:

The races are pretty clean at Spa, like Nurb North 2 weeks ago, the cost of going off track is high so people are more respectful.
I manage a awesome win starting from 16th.

49435077071_b393d373fd_c.jpg

Great job! Consistency pays off :)

I agree, far less antics at Spa in the rain. It’s hard to be aggressive without it costing yourself tons of time. If you stay focused and consistent you can work your way through the field as guys crash or make mistakes.

well what a surprise, Tsukuba again. another one daily race week for me. once a track has been picked it should not be picked again for atleast 2 months. their bias for certain tracks is unreal.

it was last picked a month ago they seem to think they only have a few tracks they are track blind!

Last edited:
Well I tried out the cars suggested, I think I like the Viper and RCZ the best. I watched a replay of my race and I can tell why I'm eating tires. I'm just pushing it too hard in the corners, late braking HARD, and too quick on the gas. Literally on the edge of grip and most of the time none. The top guys in my race were running 2:36's from the second lap on. No TCS which I was a bit surprised about but it did make sense. I've been running it on 1 but it's obviously masking a lot of my errors. Thanks for the input fellas!

I had some not so steller finishes in race C. I used the AMG with fuel on map 2 and I was barely making it. Plus the tires were toast after 6 laps. The 911 and R8's just have a different Pace half way thru, I couldn't match. I'll have to try a different car once I get on next. I would qualify 5-7th, work up a few positions and just start fading after lap 4. Switching transmissions helped alot but I'm eating tires up. TCS Set to 1 and I see it was working a good bit. I might need to manage my wheel spin on corner exits better so TCS doesn't kick on? I'm not honestly sure how they wear down in relation to slicks. Maybe someone could elaborate or the what kills the wet tires? TCS? Obviously sliding and normal wear.

I jumped into race B for some mayhem and it didn't disappoint. I went 1st to 7th back to 2nd then around the world a few times. I snapped this of my last race. I could feel the disgust of not using the Megane to qualify or race lol.View attachment 884341

That's funny everyone tell me the AMG has very little tyre & fuel and you have come along and said the opposite.
What times where you getting in race C?
I not fast as you can see by my post but yet I managed to keep my tyres until the end very little wear & my fuel was fine.
I short shifted & only set my fuel to level 2 for the slow section for one or two laps for 1 race otherwise I kept it @ 1
I used the IM for 1 race & the W for another.
No TC.

Oh it is. 3 races this morning on Race B.

Started 16th in 2 races, 15th but last in the other.

Didn't actually do an overtake on anyone, yet finished 5th, 4th & 4th.

And all of this in the EVO.

i concur no need to pass most racer as they either take themselves out or someone else takes them out lol. i love racing from the back. did the same in a lobby today for about 3 hours was fun fun fun...

i concur no need to pass most racer as they either take themselves out or someone else takes them out lol. i love racing from the back. did the same in a lobby today for about 3 hours was fun fun fun...

Just did 3 more races on my NA account, B/S lobby.

Took the WRX out for a spin, as always started 15th or 16th. Finished 7th, 5th & 4th.

Again, did not execute a pass on anyone, just watched the track clear like the parting of the waves :)

And 3 CRB's to boot, too.

Last edited:
Well I tried out the cars suggested, I think I like the Viper and RCZ the best. I watched a replay of my race and I can tell why I'm eating tires. I'm just pushing it too hard in the corners, late braking HARD, and too quick on the gas. Literally on the edge of grip and most of the time none. The top guys in my race were running 2:36's from the second lap on. No TCS which I was a bit surprised about but it did make sense. I've been running it on 1 but it's obviously masking a lot of my errors. Thanks for the input fellas!
RCZ works well on Intermediate tyres too - less wear, and a bit less likely to snap away from you too. I generally run 2:39s in the race, very similar to my full wet pace.

Last edited:
lol funny you mention that. I was out driving last weekend on my summer tires and it suddenly started snowing. Getting home was funnnnnnn hahaha. Got home and told my wife she’s not allowed to drive our car if there’s even a little snow.

Wife and were out last weekend in the Honda Civic and like you (we are in nothwest NJ) got stuck in the weather. Awful car for the snow. I knew we should have taken the A4. She's not allowed to drive the Civic in bad weather either. :cheers:

Wife and were out last weekend in the Honda Civic and like you (we are in nothwest NJ) got stuck in the weather. Awful car for the snow. I knew we should have taken the A4. She's not allowed to drive the Civic in bad weather either. :cheers:

Yeah I’m in Bayonne, was in the 135i and had to be extra ginger with the throttle. Left TCS off, and was really light with input. I only needed to go down small roads so 30-40mph nothing crazy. Pulled into my parking lot which was loaded with snow and got to slide to my parking spot hahaha.

First race of the day turns out to be my best race of the week.
Quite boring after the first few laps but I was being chased down by a very quick Brit in an R8 and the pressure was on. Hmmm, that sounds like a familiar story @GOTMAXPOWER :nervous: :lol:

Nice pass on lap 3 in the chicane! You guys were moving, fast room with 34’s from the leader.

EDIT : DOH. Didn’t realize nobody had posted since my last post. Now I’m a double poster hah.

Yeah I’m in Bayonne, was in the 135i and had to be extra ginger with the throttle. Left TCS off, and was really light with input. I only needed to go down small roads so 30-40mph nothing crazy. Pulled into my parking lot which was loaded with snow and got to slide to my parking spot hahaha.
I thought about turning the TCS off. I may do that next time and see if it works better. Waiting at traffic lights and starting again was a bit of an issue.

I thought about turning the TCS off. I may do that next time and see if it works better. Waiting at traffic lights and starting again was a bit of an issue.

Yeah TCS on street cars tends to be a bull in a china shop, very abrupt and not good for dealing with a situation like that. Each light I dreaded the horns from people behind me as I slithered through the intersection lol.

Was tired so only did two races (Daily C) but wanted to get to A+. Was at 49601 DR so only needed 399 points.

Race 1: Car #11. Started P11. It was a pretty uneventful race and gained two places from people dropping it. P9 and a whopping 360 DR points left me at 39 points left. Damn. Had to do one more race.

This time started in P12 as car #13. Had some nice and fair battles and again some guys dropping it so got up to P8 and finished there. This time I gained almost 2000 DR points! This system is weird... But anyway, now I got A+ and am a happy man :) Might never use that account again :D

(Just kidding)

Was tired so only did two races (Daily C) but wanted to get to A+. Was at 49601 DR so only needed 399 points.

Race 1: Car #11. Started P11. It was a pretty uneventful race and gained two places from people dropping it. P9 and a whopping 360 DR points left me at 39 points left. Damn. Had to do one more race.

This time started in P12 as car #13. Had some nice and fair battles and again some guys dropping it so got up to P8 and finished there. This time I gained almost 2000 DR points! This system is weird... But anyway, now I got A+ and am a happy man :) Might never use that account again :D

(Just kidding)

You get a big DR boost (or drop) when you move up or down a rating.

Great job! Consistency pays off :)

I agree, far less antics at Spa in the rain. It’s hard to be aggressive without it costing yourself tons of time. If you stay focused and consistent you can work your way through the field as guys crash or make mistakes.

Thanks,

I went on the safe side to be sure I stayed on track. Didn't use the MR meta because I struggle with them, the Porsche has poor view from cockpit (steering wheel turn and hide the track), kept TC on and use a car I feel confortable in it.

When I saw the yellow flag at the chicane then the ghosted cars I just went sraight trough them and crossed my fingers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back