"Daily" Race Discussion [Archive]

• Thread starter LordDrift
  • 79,453 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is anyone using KERS (is that what it's even called?) in Daily Race C? I just do a bit of fuel saving so I only need to change tyres, but then I can't use KERS because it burns fuel so badly. I can still gain quite a few places doing that, but I'm not sure if it would be faster to use it and just refuel.
It's not KERS, it just raises the turbo boost and fuel flow to give about 50 extra horsepower while it's engaged. KERS is likely too expensive, complicated, and prone to failure for a spec series.

I totally ruined Race A for someone today. Started in 3rd, avoided trash driving on the first turn, and then on the way to the Turn 4 hairpin I was shoved to an inside line where I ended up overshooting the apex because my braking marker was all off. Ended up dive-bombing the 2nd place car and ruined both of our races. I tried to concede the position which placed us both far behind the pack and I clawed back to 7th place.

Well done mate, the first of a few more no doubt!

I picked up my first win of the week.......From pole started on mediums, as little practice before, so wanted to get a good feel ASAP, and went to hards on lap 11 to the chequered.......

View attachment 917890

My first race in the SF with this account, so obviously forgot to map the boost button, :crazy: so had to push that bit harder to keep ahead. Good fun, and looking forward to many more battles this week in C! :)

But honestly, this ISN'T your very first win, EVER, is it?

I've said for a while that this would be the perfect marriage between the older GT titles and the current Sports Mode.

Correct me if I'm wrong (I haven't played a GT title since GT 3), but didn't you have to pass certain licenses to unlock certain racing series on previous GT titles? Why can't some form of that be implemented to online races/race series on future GT titles?

I got an idea for the first sportsmanship test: How to start a race without punting people in T1.

Race B. I really expected the first tight corners to be a blood bath, especially considering some of the names in the lobby. Pleasantly surprised. I think the most carnage will happen at the bottom of the hill, first long right that tightens at the big billboard (turn 5 i think) a lot of people in my mirror misjudged how the weight shifts after that odd apex. Maggiore is going to be a fun week.

thanks to whoever it was that suggested using race C to get my SR back up.

Was curious to see how the IndyCar compared to the SuperFormula as I think this is the first track in the game that IndyCar has raced at, so I checked the pole time from 2019 which ended up being a 1:10.1 by Colton Herta which is about 5s off the world record for Race C this week. Of course this does need to be taken with a pinch of salt due to game physics, track conditions and also potential differences in the tyre compounds, but thought it was an interesting comparison nonetheless.
Anyway here's an onboard from Felix Rosenqvist in what looks like pretty low grip conditions

Last edited:
BB for race a? I ran a low 12 with it at 0.
If you're running low 12's, you're doing something right! I've been running -2 in the races. I find it helps keep the rear behind me when I'm trail braking. My Q is a high 12.4, and my best race lap was a12.3. I've raced 4 or 5 times today on A, and with the exception of the first race, I've been on the podium. 1 win, a couple 2nds and a 3rd, I think. One more like that and I'll be back to A, and SR is back to 99 now. A bit more practice and I'll give C a shot.

Best DS4 settings on SF19? I'm kind of clueless how the torque and FFB sensitivities work other than what the blurb says on screen. Been running 1/10 but have been trying different combinations with this beast.

Struggling to get below high 108. And optimal is 108 flat.

Maybe it doesn't matter too much with Q time but I have to expect punt fest in a B lobby so pole would be ideal.

Edit: down to 108.6 with 1/5.

Last edited:
Just did 2 Race C's after qualifying on the Hards. Started 20th, finished 9th in the first one; started 11th and finished 7th i the other. Both races I did a no-stopper all the way on the Hards. Once again, the only part of the track giving me trouble is the left-hander before the run up the hill to the corkscrew. Every lap is different depending on tire wear, fuel load, and dirty air. Sometimes I can take it like I do in qualifying with just a lift as I turn in, and other times I have to lift a second or so before I turn in, but sometimes if I lift early before I turn in, I take way too much out of the corner and either launch off the sausage curb into the gravel or straddle the curb and get a 1s penalty.

Last edited:
Looking for some critique for this move:

I had a good run on him from the last corner, and I was trying to pick the inside or the outside line depending on what he did.
To me it looked like he moved 3 times to cover both in/out lines. Obviously my fault since I'm the one going for the move, but I felt his defending was over the top. He said he was avoiding the car in front, but that car was going straight.

On lap 1 he came from way further back on the inside on this hair pin, hit my car as I got out of his way, and passed me. But that didn't cloud my judgement here.

Tried a 1 stop and a 0 stop on Daily Race C.

My total times were 17:39 (1 stop) and 17:36 (0 stop). What I'd like to note is that I used half of Overtake feature on the 1 stop, whereas I used almost all of it on the 0 stop.

I ALMOST had the win on the 0 stop, but I came across some backmarkers on the final lap, and their dirty air screwed me over. I understeered so much and had to slow down, it gave the 1 stopper the opportunity to pass me, and I couldn't do much about it. It was a really close race; we finished about 2 seconds from each other.

My take on this weeks daily race C in terms of strategy. Look pretty close between the 1 an no stop.

I'm liking what PD are doing with daily race C at the moment. Seems like a little bit of thought has gone into the settings recently to make them interesting

Cheers

Last edited:
I noticed I was the only player using MT. My TCS3 was active and I used the Overtake button. A few players had no TCS and some didn't use the overtake at all. Especially a player I passed towards the end of the race.

Is using AT the norm? I only have a DS4.

I did quite a few of the race A yesterday at Tsukuba. I noticed there must have been many players using AT as they were changing gear too early on the straights and not revving the car out.

On the 3rd clip, notice how I didn't react? I was was trying to build up my SR after some recent unfortunate incidents.
Had I been at 99, I would have surely caved in his driver-side door.
That would have been clever since your were on his left side.... both the Levin and the Trueno are right hand drive :sly: :P

Best DS4 settings on SF19? I'm kind of clueless how the torque and FFB sensitivities work other than what the blurb says on screen.
Neither make any difference on DS4, they control the force feedback response on force feedback wheel / pedal sets.

Best DS4 settings on SF19? I'm kind of clueless how the torque and FFB sensitivities work other than what the blurb says on screen. Been running 1/10 but have been trying different combinations with this beast.

Struggling to get below high 108. And optimal is 108 flat.

Maybe it doesn't matter too much with Q time but I have to expect punt fest in a B lobby so pole would be ideal.

Edit: down to 108.6 with 1/5.

Only the sensitivity makes a difference and I'm not convinced it's a huge influence though I should probably put some more time and effort into testing it.

This is a really tricky combo on the DS4, I can't see a way I'll be as close to the fastest time as I usually am. Currently about 3% off which isn't going to be good enough. Will try everyday just to see if grip levels fluctuate like they did last week.

I did quite a few of the race A yesterday at Tsukuba. I noticed there must have been many players using AT as they were changing gear too early on the straights and not revving the car out.
Yes, MT always seems to make a big difference at Tsukuba, and it's really noticeable this time - car hangs on to 3rd gear round some of the corners where you need second. Fortunately there aren't too many gear changes for those that can't usually manage MT!

Tried across the board on the new dailies, but since I'm wearing headphones I can hear the speed scrubbing off in nearly every corner.
Furthest I've been off in Gr3 at any track I've driven.

Then I enter Gr3 and get punted off in the hairpins by the same guy.
He did it to anyone who was near him in those corners.

Might swerve them this week guys. Not sure I can find the speed on the DS4.

Tried across the board on the new dailies, but since I'm wearing headphones I can hear the speed scrubbing off in nearly every corner.
Furthest I've been off in Gr3 at any track I've driven.

Then I enter Gr3 and get punted off in the hairpins by the same guy.
He did it to anyone who was near him in those corners.

Might swerve them this week guys. Not sure I can find the speed on the DS4.
I have found that a small adjustment is necessary after the update. Try coasting when turning in and wait to just past apex to speed up.

I have found that a small adjustment is necessary after the update. Try coasting when turning in and wait to just past apex to speed up.

I used to be quite competitive on the Daily B track.
Shocked to be so far off the pace, but can definitely hear the tyre squeal telling me the speed is scrubbing off.
Wasn't like that before. This is a wheel update. It's killing me on the last two Gr3 Dailies.

Last edited:
Only the sensitivity makes a difference and I'm not convinced it's a huge influence though I should probably put some more time and effort into testing it.
It definitely makes a huge difference if you're using mini-stick or motion steer. Not sure about d-pad steering. With the slider all the way to the right the car steering very closely follows the actual controller inputs. With the slider all the way left the game will eventually match the controller inputs but builds up to them slowly.

If you're not accustomed to making gradual inputs, having the slider to the left will compensate for hamfisted "slam it to full lock" inputs that would otherwise overwhelm the front tyres, but will make steering response in tight chicanes too slow and may make it difficult to correct oversteer if you have stability control and countersteer assistance turned off. If you're good at making smooth gradual inputs on the controller when required, moving the slider to the right will give you more precise control (after a short adjustment period).

Tough to say how far back you should be, best to play around with it and get a feel for it. Although it should be mentioned that you burn more fuel when it's activated.

It doesn't work like DRS does, there's no specific requirement needed to activate it, you can use it any time during the race.

You need to hold it.. It'll be active for the duration of time you hold the button (remember to map to butoon in the settings)

Yes there's a limit as to how much you can use it... It's displayed somewhere on the bottom of your HUD.. Should be easy to spot it

Thanks! Will try that. As far as I understood it cannot be used during qualification, right? Because I remapped it to L1 and nothing happened when I was practicing.

This may never happen again, but after almost 400 races, thanks to one make hatchbacks and a simple track, I won one! hehView attachment 917883

Wow, what a dedication! Congrats!

A bit late to the party with last week's results, but still...
A rather passive week for me, as I was preparing for FIA races most of the time only to skip them in the end. Did 7 races at Spa. What a track! Love both the dynamic and the vistas.
My first race I was dragged into a fight in the lower part of the grid with some punting. Add some unintentional penalties for track limits violation, and I suddenly found myself with a red A at the end of the race, dropping from SR 99 to 72, all in one sitting.

Although I accepted this, I don't think that cutting track limits should affect SR that much. Most of the time it happens unintentionally, system can recognise this violation pretty consistently and give you a penalty. End of story. Cutting the track doesn't ruin race for anyone else except for myself, so it should not affect my rating.

But I digress.
After this 5 times out of six I finished in the top-5, also getting P2 once and a win. Was able to get my SR back up to S, although the first race was brutal. I know there are some dirty drivers in SR S, but SR A was much, much worse for me in that regard. Glad I'm out of there.

Surprisingly, I didn't tank DR, it's still around 27-28k which is a good thing.

nXd0k7W.jpg

It definitely makes a huge difference if you're using mini-stick or motion steer. Not sure about d-pad steering. With the slider all the way to the right the car steering very closely follows the actual controller inputs. With the slider all the way left the game will eventually match the controller inputs but builds up to them slowly.

If you're not accustomed to making gradual inputs, having the slider to the left will compensate for hamfisted "slam it to full lock" inputs that would otherwise overwhelm the front tyres, but will make steering response in tight chicanes too slow and may make it difficult to correct oversteer if you have stability control and countersteer assistance turned off. If you're good at making smooth gradual inputs on the controller when required, moving the slider to the right will give you more precise control (after a short adjustment period).

What I meant was I've not seen a significant difference in lap time.

What I meant was I've not seen a significant difference in lap time.
Fair enough. I found increasing the sensitivity (moving slider right) did make a difference, a little slower in the short term but after a few days adjustment quite a bit faster. Takes a little experimentation to work out how far right is best for one's current skill level.

Fair enough. I found increasing the sensitivity (moving slider right) did make a difference, a little slower in the short term but after a few days adjustment quite a bit faster. Takes a little experimentation to work out how far right is best for one's current skill level.

I'l try it this week. A car like the Super F should definitely show up any differences.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back