"Daily" Race Discussion [Archive]

• Thread starter LordDrift
  • 79,453 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good combinations of races this week!

Race A @ Tsukuba is tough to pass with evenly matched players, only ran a couple races but usually started 3rd or 4th & finished 3rd or 4th. In one specific race I was the race long leader by getting a quick advantage but was dumped last lap (blame myself for making the mistake to let second place get close enough to dump me). Qualifying time for me now is 1:12.3 but optimal would get me down to 1:12.1 which would definitely help if I put it together.

Moved onto Race C at Laguna for the remainder of the my session. Qualified with a 1:07.0 which puts me into top 5 starting position typically. I haven’t ran a race without going off track at least once so it’s hard to figure out the best strategy. Best result was a no-stopper on hards but I did have save fuel final 2 laps. I also tried 10 laps on medium then 5 on hards but also took fuel again, I seem to be a half lap short on fuel. Apparently I need to start short shifting?

TL DR - What’s the best fuel & tire strategy for race C?

The timings tough at speed for me until I have the track wired. So far I’ve never been competitive there in any class, so I’m going with the ‘learn it in a fast car method’
I learned Autopolis that way, at first when it was added to the game I hated it. But next week or so, there was race C in SFormulas, I forced myself to try. Now Autopolis is one of my favourites:)

What’s the best fuel & tire strategy for race C?
If starting top 3, Mediums for 11 laps, use Overtake button to build a gap as fast as you can, dont bother with fuel at this moment just push push push. If you succeed and builded a gap 2-3 seconds then you can do some short shifting but also using OT button to not loose your pace. I won a few races using that strategy, and I dont have to fuel. If starting 4-5th or below start on Hards for 4 laps. Youcan shortshift and use slipstream for saving fuel. Then pit for Mediums and as above push push push using OT, just pay attention to fuel indicator.

In all racing I know off Blue flag means that you stay on the line so the overtaking car can pass in a safe way. Not get out of the way...

It's a shame there is 5 likes to this. Very wrong. Do you not watch F1? If being lapped you need to get out of the way preferably ASAP even if that means going down an escape route. What you're maybe thinking of is mixed category racing where the slower car stays on the racing line because the speed differential is so high it's better that way to have high predictability throughout the race.

...Fluctual grip levels? What do you mean. Is it like a Q-time will be faster towards the end of the week? I can't imagine that.

Last week there was one day in particular where driving on the daily race server was horrendous. Car drove like the track was wet. It was different in lobbies and totally different day to day. This was Spa in the Supra. I was doing mid 2:42s at the start of the week. Next day I could get anywhere near that and could barely keep the car on the track, it was horrific. Day after I was back in the 2:42s chipping time away. End of the week I was mid 2:41s. I'm not saying the track rubbered in, but there were definitely different grip levels on that one particular day.
I can't be more specific on days as to be honest no idea what day it is right now, it's all the same.

I've not made the time to play this week.

Moved to the Subaru and lifted 2 seconds, in Automatic.
Switched it to manual and can't match the time LOL.

My hand locking out on gear shifts and turning is causing issues.

It's a shame there is 5 likes to this. Very wrong. Do you not watch F1? If being lapped you need to get out of the way preferably ASAP even if that means going down an escape route. What you're maybe thinking of is mixed category racing where the slower car stays on the racing line because the speed differential is so high it's better that way to have high predictability throughout the race.
You are right, I don't watch F1.
I watch mixed categori, I watch STCC, I watch endurance racing,I watch MotoGP.

Edit: when GTS ghost the car they should ghost the dirty air and slipstream too.

Last edited:
Race A - I've tried changing down to 2nd gear for the tighter turns a bit later and it's gained me around 1/2 second - down to 1:12.7. Managed 3 fastest laps and 1 win - first win for 3 weeks (I'm a low to mid B usually) I seem to lose out most in the last corner - maybe too much brake (hard to get it right with trigger)

Practiced C a fair bit but I'm just too inconsistent and a race would be embarrassing, lol. Will probably try a few B's later..

You are right, I don't watch F1.
I watch mixed categori, I watch STCC, I watch endurance racing,I watch MotoGP.

Edit: when GTS ghost the car they should ghost the dirty air and slipstream too.

Is not the point of online racing to interact and deal with other people racing? On the rare occasions I am lapping people (as back to D rated driver!) I quite enjoy the variety. Personally I would like it if ghosting was removed entirely and the penalty system applied to both drivers in the event of a collision. Let the drivers who routinely are in crashes end up with SR E and make it much much harder to work your way back up the safety rankings,

Is not the point of online racing to interact and deal with other people racing? On the rare occasions I am lapping people (as back to D rated driver!) I quite enjoy the variety. Personally I would like it if ghosting was removed entirely and the penalty system applied to both drivers in the event of a collision. Let the drivers who routinely are in crashes end up with SR E and make it much much harder to work your way back up the safety rankings,
I agree, but since it's already ghosted it seems strange that it produce slipstream and dirty air. I think it should be either there or not.

Edit: and in the driving school there should be specific missions concerning this.
I am sure a great deal of players has no idea what a blue flag is.

Race A - I've tried changing down to 2nd gear for the tighter turns a bit later and it's gained me around 1/2 second - down to 1:12.7. Managed 3 fastest laps and 1 win - first win for 3 weeks (I'm a low to mid B usually) I seem to lose out most in the last corner - maybe too much brake (hard to get it right with trigger)

Practiced C a fair bit but I'm just too inconsistent and a race would be embarrassing, lol. Will probably try a few B's later..
Final corner in race A... no brake, hard turn in with immediate downshift to third. Can usually maintain 72-73mph at the apex. Good luck!

Edit: sorry, still sleeping. Keep it floored at turn in/downshift, then feather throttle as needed. If you lift at doenshift, it might not be pretty.

Last edited:

EE54F5AB-025E-4BF0-8463-AC1FE18BA30F.gif

If you don’t ghost em out dirty drivers could punt leaders.
“It would be good for the family if we ghost lapped cars...”

Sixteen months in and I finally get 3 consecutive clean races;
Capture.PNG

Proper impressed myself as some of my fellow DR/B racers will literally throw their cars at you at every oppertunity.
I am basking in my own glory untill the next race when I maybe returning back to earth with a crash (or six, Tsukuba is crazy).

Sixteen months in and I finally get 3 consecutive clean races;
View attachment 918587

Proper impressed myself as some of my fellow DR/B racers will literally throw their cars at you at every oppertunity.
I am basking in my own glory untill the next race when I maybe returning back to earth with a crash (or six, Tsukuba is crazy).

Congrats. Besides just dumb luck you really have to dial in those switchback late apex passes to let those dive bombers hang themselves.

Had a few great races last night and one this morning on Tsukuba.

With the exception of one race on Monday, all have been very clean and close.

Drivers have been excellent around me this week. I can "feel" a lot of them having fun. Instead of challenging every turn, I see drivers planning/setting up. In 2 races I worked along a few drivers to catch up to the pack. Fun but also a great training opportunity and good for my confidence. :D

Loving Race C but unfortunately only B/B, too many punts and nudges that I get penalties for, slowly getting back to an S.

Doing the entire stint on hards, no pit stop and keeping fuel mapping at 2. I can get about 2 full laps at some point on fuel map 1 and switch it back to 1 every lap just for start finish straight. I can manage 1min12.5 for nearly every lap on average.

My race just now was extremely weird, I was bunched with 1 A driver, he came first, Iam a B and the rest of the field was D or E, I came 2nd. First place was 15 secs ahead and 3rd place was about 1 minute behind me!

Another 5 laps and I would have lapped the entire field, excluding the guy in front. I've never had a race like that before with su h a huge disparity in skill level.

Jumped into some daily races for the first time in over a month. Did two race a’s and that was enough for me.

Race 1: Started P1, P2 got along side me going into T1 so I gave him room. Then he just pushes me off into the grass on the exit. Fair enough I guess, maybe I was too nice.

Race 2: Same scenario, me P1 while the same guy is P2. I cover the inside right away and he just bumps me off.

Both races I could not pass him cleanly since his car was lagging from side to side on nearly the entire width of the track. It’s hard enough to pass here with no lag ffs.

It was added because people slowed down on purpose to wait for the leaders to re-appear behind them so they could ruin their race. It should be an instant DQ and temporary ban when you stoop that low, but instead PD opted for ghosting lapped cars. Which is broken like everything else since two cars still racing each other while getting lapped can also ghost through each other.

Instead make it arcade style reach the next sector in time or you're out ;)

The slipstream still working has it advantages. When BMB was on I could still help other people with my slipstream after getting crashed into a wall and falling behind from a BS penalty added on top.

daily_race_b_emea_1588886124.png

Finally got back on the leaderboard in P8 :dopey:

Sector 1 was mediocre at best. S2 and S3 were personal best sectors where I gained loads of time, then finished it off with a solid S4. Optimal is 54.263 (2 tenths of the discrepancy being in S1 alone :lol:) so it's still very much improvable, but a good lap nonetheless :)

Sector 1 was mediocre at best. S2 and S3 were personal best sectors where I gained loads of time, then finished it off with a solid S4. Optimal is 54.263 (2 tenths of the discrepancy being in S1 alone :lol:) so it's still very much improvable, but a good lap nonetheless :)
Well done.

But who is PR1_JOSETE?

I see him at the top of nearly every daily race leaderboard

Well done.

But who is PR1_JOSETE?

I see him at the top of nearly every daily race leaderboard
Josete is a good fast player. Check out @Tidgney or kie25 streams and he is usually there racing and practicing and chatting with them. Cant remember real name.

As for dailies, ran 4 race C last night after fudging about on FIA the previous 2. It was fun. First race start p6, work up to p3, p2 spins on hards coming out of the corkscrew lap 12 when the leader is pitting, so I have a chance to get close. But I bin it slightly wide as I wasn't sure if p2 was going to ghost. Drop to p3 again. Lap 12 I get punted all the way to the wall on the odd left hander to start the uphill run. No apology, guy laughs and says get used to it, 'just racing incident.' Ummm, not if the hit was that damn hard. Finish p6 but get bumped to p5 when the punter gets the tire penalty.
P4 start for next race and feel good, till I bin it about 3 laps in a row down to p15. Start working my way back and at p8 I get blasted off on the last corner. Enough to drop back to p14, watch him do the same to 2 others as we lap on. Catch the guy again after he pits as I am p9 and he is p8. Pull exact same move only softer into the corkscrew. Sucker rage quits.:confused::rolleyes: Finish p9. Not my greatest.

Next 2 start p6, get to usually p4 due to opening lap or 2 wrecks and run offs. From there just lap smooth and steady to the end no stopping. P2 finishfor both. Grumpy people behind trying to figure out how the hell I passed them.:cool:

After the practice and screwing up in the first 2 races I just realized I watch the other cars for a lap or 2 until there is space, then pretty much only watch for my Mark's and apexes. Was lapping consistent 1:10.4 - 10.8 for first 10 laps. Guys might have a faster couple of laps in there but cant lap fast enough for long enough to pull ahead to make up for pit stop. Had a rabbit or 2 in each lobby who could, but was easily keeping up with most everyone else. And when they put on hards they seemed to wreck a lot. Full time focus for the whole race so tiring but lots of fun when I am doing well.:cheers:

Well you're actually 7th because Josette has 2 times in the top 10. Quite a crappy thing to do by him IMO. I'm not his biggest fan as him and a few other Spanish players did me dirty at Le Mans Gr1 daily then they all must have reported me because I got banned from PSN for a week.

Ya know, sometimes in this game, bad stuff is just gonna happen to you. All you can do is try to weather the storm.
This clip had 2 different PD failures within about 5 seconds. :lol: See if you can spot them.

This one made me laugh out loud. Oh, well. On to the next one. 👍

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back