"Daily" Race Discussion [Archive]

• Thread starter LordDrift
  • 79,453 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back on my "Hammy" account, and what a race with A/A+ opposition in Race C!!

Started 8th on the mediums, in a very close - in terms of qualy times - room.....Great racing, and fun!

Sometimes winning isn't important, but racing close, and clean is, super! ;)

Nice moves. I haven't had the greatest of close battles this week, but did have 2 in a row with one Japanese guy the other night that were both hard but clean. Forgot to save video but had the best cut back on that guy in the double lefts at the start of a lap. He was up my inside the whole way down the straight. I broke early and cut hard left which got me back inside and fully ahead in the middle. Gassed it to kick the rear around and up shifted to get traction back to straighten it out, managed to clear him pulling away. One of my best ever but didnt get video. Good racing is why we come back.

Oh, isn't it nice when every once in a while you have a plan that just works out perfectly?
Through the first 3 1/2 laps I was in 2nd place, following this guy. Every time after the hairpin that leads to the back straight he would go way to the right to break the slipstream effect, then come back left for entry to the final turn. I didn't care. I just always stayed to the left.

On the 4th lap, I finally got a good exit from that turn. I guess he didn't notice, because he went over to the right, like usual. I knew I had him, because as far as I knew, he had zero experience at entering the final turn from the inside. I slowed just a bit early to give him the room to mess it up. :lol:

Last edited:
Maybe it’s me but the crybaby for the clean race seams to be the ones going in to the turns too fast causing the penalties it’s just an observation on just a few races but I wanted to put it out there to see if is common.

Next week's dailies:
Race A: N300 @ Big Willow, 4 laps, SH
Race B: Gr.4 @ Red Bull Ring, 5 laps, RH
Race C: Gr.3 @ Interlagos, 12 laps, RH, Fuel x3, Tires x5

0d654b0f-26ef-445a-bcf6-0fe22c8a4db5_text_hi.gif

My 2 favorite classes & my favorite track. But not together. :boggled:

Maybe it’s me but the crybaby for the clean race seams to be the ones going in to the turns too fast causing the penalties it’s just an observation on just a few races but I wanted to put it out there to see if is common.

That's been a theme for a long time. Usually when someone says let's have a clean race, stay clear of them. When they spam let's have a clean race, punt them before they ram you off :lol:

Boy the qualifying for the Race C at Laguna Seca is tough in those SF cars… every mistake is amplified. So hard to hit my K’ speed score target in that one. I don’t dare race in it but it seems fun.

Is there a setting that needs to be changed to fix the steering on the Super Formula? I have to use way too much input on my wheel to match what happens on screen. Using a G27 with adapter if it matters.

I finally climbed back up to B/S and I had the whackiest race on race B. Constantly getting rammed off of the apex and into cars while I was threading my driving so damn close to everyone's bumper. I was putting crazy pressure on people perfectly timing my liftoff before the break zone to float right up to their tailgate through the apex... only to have numpty dive bombers constantly ram me into the lead car. After one race I was dumped to B/B.

The annoying part wasn't even the ramming. It was knowing that the lead car would blame me for what happened while nobody received a penalty. I received 2 penalties for a total of 1.5 seconds for defensively braking against people trying to side ram me on the straights. As soon as they slammed their rear flank into my front they'd destabilize and fly off of the track, giving me the penalty.

No hate messages in my inbox so I think I'm cool.

Just pulled off what I would rate as a really good performance in Race C. Made pretty much no mistakes, if you discount the 0.5 I got for touching the three outermost gravel stones coming out of the Corkscrew.

I did a couple of mediocre quali laps on my second account as preparation (1:06.8 vs a 1:06.2 I managed to wring out of the car on my main account), so I started down in 9th. I had done a “preparation race” before, just to see where I could push and how well the Mediums would hold up. In the end, I elected to go for that compound over the Hards, just in case I’d have to do some overtakes on the no-stoppers. I took two cars on the inside of T9 after the four cars ahead of me elected to all fight over the same piece of tarmac, so was up 7th by the end of lap 1.

The car ahead of me ran wide out of T5 on lap 2, so that was another spot gained. At the end of the lap P5 picked up some wheelspin out of the final corner, and I gladly moved into his place. So four places gained in two laps by staying calm and collected.

Throughout the third lap, I then put some pressure on P4, and picked up the aforementioned penalty, which was to be served on the next lap. Once again, coming out of the final corner, I got a better exit than the driver in front, and settled for the outside going into the hairpin. as I knew I had better grip thanks to the mediums. We came out of the corner side by side ,with me now crucially on the inside for T3. I pulled ahead and left a car width on the outside as sought a decent line, but I don’t think the other driver was expecting that and his right front bumped against my right left tyre. I checked the replay afterwards, and I may have squeezed him a little bit, but no more than I thought was fair and appropriate. Also, I was ahead by almost a car length. In any case, off I went, and my “victim” kept 5th… at least until he ran wide both coming out of T6 and going into the Corkscrew, after which he did a little half spin and went down to 8th. He elected to call me a “nob” after the race, but really, he was the architect of his own demise.

Meanwhile, I was off to hunt down the leaders, and caught 3rd on lap 5. He ran wide out of T6 as well (which cost him 2nd initially) and suffered from terrible understeer for the rest of the lap, missing the apex at T9 & T10, as well as the final corner. That brought me within striking distance, and I moved up into 3rd on the start/finish straight. For the next four laps, I hounded down P2, and finally picked up a better exit out of the final corner again. A lot of boost down the straight and the first corner saw me through to second place.

By that time, we were on lap 10 and my Mediums were still going strong. The leader had pulled out a lead of roughly 3 seconds, which I cut down to half before finally pitting for Hards and a splash of fuel at the end of lap 13. With two laps to go, I came out just behind P3 & P4 and had much fresher tyres at my disposal, which I put to good use coming out of T6 and up the hill to take P4 well before actually going into the Corkscrew. P3 was going very slowly as well, and I made a move stick going into T10. On the final lap, I mainly tried not to crash, in which I succeeded. So at the end, I finished P3, 11 seconds behind the winner.

I really don’t think I could’ve pulled that result off had I started on the Hards. The advantages of better traction out of the slow corners and being able to have good grip in the dirty air of the car ahead were crucial for capitalising on the mistakes of the other drivers. All in all, it was a super enjoyable race and a real challenge.

Guys, I need your help

Me and this dude got in a little accident at turn 9 of Laguna a couple of days ago... He claims I turned in on him, I think he dove into me...

We argued for about 4 hours through PSN messages and things got heated, but we're friends now so I suggested posting the clip here so we can get opinions from different perspectives..

He doesn't have an account here, but he'll be reading your comments

Here's the clip:

I'm in the yellow car, he's in the orange car.

He also claims I was overly aggressive at turns 5 and 6 which for him justifies his aggression at turn 9.
I think I raced him fairly.

Worth mentioning that I was on hard tyres no-stopping and he had just switched to the mediums... But given the nature of the track and considering we were on the final laps, I thought it was reasonable to defend my position.

Also worth mentioning that due to my high ping, things look different from his perspective, especially through turn 5..
His perspective:

Tell us what you think...

Did some races in Race B, but unfortunately many people crashed into me and I got a couple of penalties. In the last round, I was defending my position but the opponent was better and overtook me clean, however I still got a 2 secondpenalty for this. Now my sportsman rating ia down to A :-(. Does anyone know, how many clean races I need to be back bo S?

Is there a setting that needs to be changed to fix the steering on the Super Formula? I have to use way too much input on my wheel to match what happens on screen. Using a G27 with adapter if it matters.

I think I figured it out, I didn't know you could change the G27 rotation on the fly, I set it to 450 degree mode and it seems way more suitable for the Super Formula. I got the info here:

Guys, I need your help

Me and this dude got in a little accident at turn 9 of Laguna a couple of days ago... He claims I turned in on him, I think he dove into me...

We argued for about 4 hours through PSN messages and things got heated, but we're friends now so I suggested posting the clip here so we can get opinions from different perspectives..

Here's the clip:

He also claims I was overly aggressive at turns 5 and 6 which for him justifies his aggression at turn 9.

Worth mentioning that I was on hard tyres no-stopping and he had just switched to the mediums... But given the nature of the track and considering we were on the final laps, I thought it was reasonable to defend my position.

Also worth mentioning that due to my high ping, things look different from his perspective, especially through turn 5..
His perspective:

I have to say it looks like sad but inevitable network lag issues. Both racing hard, not the greatest moves, but in the moment certain that they are clean, just doesn't wash out right through lag. Hard to prevent with the setup. Both had opportunistic but low percentage moves risking contact. Someone was going to be a loser of that equation eventually. Just both try to learn and go ahead from there. Sucks, but with the 2 different replays we see you were both in 2 different races due to ping

It is a lot fun. If you think you will enjoy it, why not just play it?
Protecting my DR/SR from the nonsense that typically occurs in them, in B/S lobbies. I’ll let you try and guess when I stopped racing in the Dailies (hint: neither has gone down since I stopped racing in them).

I don’t yet have an alt account.
upload_2020-5-9_8-54-57.png

Guys, I need your help

Here's the clip:

His perspective:

My take:
Network issues made it difficult, but the difference between replays isn't that big.

Turn 5: Too aggressive from you, that is basically a dive bomb as he was in front of you before the turn. If he sticks to the racing line which would have been his right here, you're both out. I don't really understand though why he left the door so wide open for you in the first place.
Turn 6: Fair defense by you, you have the inside, trying to stick to the outside in the fast corner is asking for trouble. A good move by him would have been going for a perfect exit from turn 6 and then making a move into cork screw. He is on the faster tires after all.
Turn 9: His fault, he goes for the inside line with not enough overlap.

I don't think you can justify breaking the rules by what happened before. He has a right to be a bit angry about turn 5, but he still should look for the clean pass. I see a lot of revenge fouling in GT Sport (this wasn't one, just overly aggressive driving) and it hurts the racing.

Guys, I need your help

Here's the clip:

His perspective:

I will not pick fault but if I was behind the both of you I would be looking for gain of one or two positions by the end of the race . I would think in the real world of a open wheel race the Black flag would be flying.

I think I figured it out, I didn't know you could change the G27 rotation on the fly, I set it to 450 degree mode and it seems way more suitable for the Super Formula. I got the info here:

There's a little bit of elbows out on the part of both of you. I'm not going to comment on the lead up other than there seem to be minor errors on both sides.
For the final turn I'd say:
  • on your replay he has a point, though it's not fully in his favour
  • his replay is in your favour, though you did leave the door open a little.
In other words, both of you could have made allowances based on your own viewpoints that would have avoided the incident.

is there a thing like that for G29 then ? xD

is there a thing like that for G29 then ? xD

I looked into this before for the G29 and found out it's only possible to change and save rotation degree via PC with Logitech software. Once it's connected back to a PS4 with GTS, GTS overrides the rotation degree since each car has their own custom one.

I looked into this before for the G29 and found out it's only possible to change and save rotation degree via PC with Logitech software. Once it's connected back to a PS4 with GTS, GTS overrides the rotation degree since each car has their own custom one.
thanks for the reply :) yeah I tried it like that as well :) I even tried to plug it into pc and ps4 at the same time but it doesn't want to split connection between two usb cables xD what wheel setting you have ? :) I've got both options (FFB and Road sensitivity) at 10 :) and it still feels a bit weak xD

thanks for the reply :) yeah I tried it like that as well :) I even tried to plug it into pc and ps4 at the same time but it doesn't want to split connection between two usb cables xD what wheel setting you have ? :) I've got both options (FFB and Road sensitivity) at 10 :) and it still feels a bit weak xD

I don’t know g29 but it’s possible if you are running 10x10 the ffb is clipped.
Maybe try 4x4 or something to see...

I don’t know g29 but it’s possible if you are running 10x10 the ffb is clipped.
Maybe try 4x4 or something to see...
I might give it a go :) I mean at 10x10 is strong but not strong enough for my hands xD probably if I had a Fanatec DD2 I would put constant 25NM xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back