"Daily" Race Discussion [Archive]

• Thread starter LordDrift
  • 79,453 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to remember not to qualify. I'd just like to race at/from the back, with no fear of anyone behind me.
Deliberately dropping positions at the start is doable, but I half can't be bothered.

I'll jump in this 430 race at the Lake.

Edit: Mitsubishi GTO at Big Willow?

Edit2: Look like a Beetle and RCZ Cup this week.
IMG_20200511_172537.jpg
IMG_20200511_172658.jpg

Last edited:
I have to remember not to qualify. I'd just like to race at/from the back, with no fear of anyone behind me.
Deliberately dropping positions at the start is doable, but I half can't be bothered.

I'll jump in this 430 race at the Lake.

Edit: Mitsubishi GTO at Big Willow?

Edit2: Look like a Beetle and RCZ Cup this week.
View attachment 919490 View attachment 919492
So C this week is nostopper sprint? Not very happy with this, I preffer races with little strategy, but Interlagos is Interlagos:) All week holidays in Brazil

Don't know if I have it in me to tackle interlagos this week, but I have found race A to be a bit of fun. Understeery little beast around that track can easily make the last turn a choice between sacrificing speed to try and ensure a clean line or simply white knuckeling it around trying to throttle steer, and getting a glimpse of the abyss. If nothing else give it a go for qualifying.

I would say it has the makings of an SR eater, but then again I look at the other races and can't pick which is most vicious.

Really enjoying Race A, I'm only 0.2 off the top 10 currently (BS rated)

Only annoying thing is that instead of being matched with B rated drivers like myself, I'm being matched with half A/A+/S drivers.

If you’re looking for a DR boost, this is good yeah?

Win percentage maybe not so much but it’s good practice to race against higher rated drivers.

I’m jumping in now to see if this weeks races are a DR earner for me. :cheers:

Not much in the way of strategy for Race C this week, no issue with fuel usage and I didn't have a problem with tires on the 1 race I've done so far. Used the Atenza as I've been loving it recently and it seems to be the meta car. My quali time was a 1:32:3xx and that was good enough for 2nd on the grid in my B/S race but definitely feel the potential for a 31.

What is the difference between doing well in road cars and race cars? I was 16th in NA region with my QT for Race A last week (1:11.98), but only 1360th for Gr. 3 race at Maggiore (1:57.21). This is consistently the case for me, how do I change my driving style for Race cars?

When did the Atenza get to be decent in a straight line? I was following in a Beetle and the Atenza was pulling out a couple of tenths on the straight.
I thought it was just good on the twisty stuff.

Interlagos was probably it's best track before, I used it here when most used the Audi, it was kind of average in a straight line but not really a problem here and as you say it has good handling, also the Beetle's strength(s) was never straight line speed before, can't comment about now as maybe it's changed since.

If the Mazda has had some sort of power boost in the last few months (having not played for a long time until very recently, I wouldn't know) then it makes sense that it would now be the go to car, well here at least anyway. Or have they just wrecked the Audi, that could explain it to. :sly:

Interlagos was probably it's best track before, I used it here when most used the Audi, it was kind of average in a straight line but not really a problem here and as you say it has good handling, also the Beetle's strength(s) was never straight line speed before, can't comment about now as maybe it's changed since.

If the Mazda has had some sort of power boost in the last few months (having not played for a long time until very recently, I wouldn't know) then it makes sense that it would now be the go to car, well here at least anyway. Or have they just wrecked the Audi, that could explain it to. :sly:

The Mazda GR3 was never really that rapid in a straight line, but had awesome brakes and a very pointy, sure footed front end.

Pissed that it's now becoming the META after all these years of using it. Damn you, PD!!!

Time to find another car to use.

When did the Atenza get to be decent in a straight line? I was following in a Beetle and the Atenza was pulling out a couple of tenths on the straight.
I thought it was just good on the twisty stuff.
It was alright a couple weeks ago at Monza too, but I can't remember the last time the Gr.3 cars were re-BoP'd. :confused: Was probably before the previous FIA season if I had to guess.

If you’re looking for a DR boost, this is good yeah?

Win percentage maybe not so much but it’s good practice to race against higher rated drivers.

I’m jumping in now to see if this weeks races are a DR earner for me. :cheers:

Eh, I'm getting the same DR boost for coming 2nd against A drivers than I would with B drivers.

It could have been becasue it was fairly early in the day, so not as many people on.

GT Sport tests your threshold for pain.

I did 2 Race C’s at Interlagos in the past hour. Have a 1.34 quali time so started 6th on the grid in a C/S field.

Race 1 - got up to 3rd cleanly by the mid of Lap 1 and was making a clean pass on 2nd place. Disconnected from network.

Race 2 - started from 6th again and had nice fights to get up to 3rd. Traded 3rd place a few times but it was clean and fun. Lap 10, running in 3rd with 4th place 2.5 sec behind. Disconnected from network.

Funnily I am numb. Will try again later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back