"Daily" Race Discussion [Archive]

• Thread starter LordDrift
  • 79,453 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeeeah...blame me, not the game, whatever makes you feel better.

I don't like it being like this either but I can at least see where the fault lies, and it ain't with the people.

Just stay out of race B, maybe lower race numbers will tell PD to investigate why it's like that and figure out the wall problem.
I'm not blaming you personally just saying I'm avoiding that race because of people like you.

I think the DR loss for last place is way too high.. just lost 1500DR in race C for wheel power cable disconnection even though i finished the race. :indiff:

The DR loss for last place is completely dependant on the strength of the lobby. No different than the gains for winning. 👍

Had another up and down night in race C. First race was a total wreckfest. Ramming, slamming and lunging everywhere. My second race I have muchuch cleaner go of things, but some careless wall bumps on my part drop me a couple spots.

Next field out I spy @05XR8 and another friendly face in the field. Unfortunately I get murdered halfway through lap 1 to be 3 seconds behind the field. They are fighting so much that I'm able to catch and together with @05XR8 amd the other driver we team our way up to midfield till I try to hold an iffy move on the last lap and drop back. Last race of the night was all good. Fairly solid driving keeping me near the front until a simple missed turn for no reason lands me a penalty at lap 5. Drop back a bit and continue to have a couple wall scrapes to let others catch up. End up running to the line on my own but with a friendly face stuck in a drag race behind me, so my run to the finish line is done looking behind me to keep them in slip.

All in all a good night out there. And finally, in my last race of the night I managed to get some bump drafting from a Japanese player. Have gotten it from every other nationality I've raced with this week, but Japanese people seemed to be wholly against it. Who knows. They were the only 1. Too sloppy to continue, so to be adjourned for another night.

Although I've been a bit sloppy on that track all week. Could have many better finishes if I managed to smooth it out a bit. . . . but wouldnt we all.

Last edited:
Okay, first race in the RX-V. 6RM/4RS. Got FL from a double draft of @Redneckchef and I think the orca guy in the Jag. Hit about 295kmh! The 4-rotor was doing its banshee thing, higher than I've ever heard!

Next race, 7RS/3RM. Got held up by a huracan and pugeots. One peugeot was tapping the brakes when all they had to do is lift. Was slowing me down. Tried to dummy it tpo pit early, but it went another lap. Slowed us up as we gained 1st & 2nd. The leaders were coming and we lost that gap. I had enough grip to pull away in the middle section and was hoping he'd just release me.

Anyway, I went one more lapand bump drafted the leader as an F1 was behind. I was able to gap that F1 before the final turn. I pit and come out behind the Peugeot again. I tell you, even on RM, the RX-V is too quick. Was being held up by that Peugeot and it's on RS.
Final lap, i scrape wall and the VGT thinks its got breathing space. Nope. I'm right on it towards the off ramp and on ramp beofre the PZ.

Chef had served a penalty and merges ghosting on the final turn. that gave me just enough to slot behind him for a tow to the line in P10. Peugeot couldn't get in.

Man, I was screaming, yelling at the tv and flashing my lights behind Chef like, "GO! GO! GO BABYYYYY!". :lol::lol::lol:

Been working on my slingshot technique :P

If you let the McLaren's get together you have no chance without one of the fast cars, hanging back forces them to either get side by side or to help the underdog like this. Probably my favourite move of the week, can't wait for it to be called dirty :gtpflag:.

Move was fine. Engaging warp drive for the rest of the lap was dirty.

Is this open to non "TPC" drivers? Sounds like a fun couple of races! (Even if I would likely be dead last...)
No chance, I have that place covered. :P

I apologize in advance but I just couldn't resist doing it with the gap I had.

Had a six second gap then my mind was like "do it! do the 720 spin while you have that lead" and then I did it. Least that scratches off from my bucket list for Sport Mode.

Cautiously entered a race B last night and ended up with a win in a surprisingly clean race and no wallriders :eek:

My time put me p4 on the grid. Top 4 all behaved into turn 1. Got p3 up the inside of the right hander after the esses. Then p1 bins it badly at the final turn all on his own.

In the slip of the new p1 and we fight clean for 3 laps with me doing the opposite of him in turn 1 (if he goes deep i go tight, if he goes tight I go deep and cut back). I get him at the same right hander lap 4 and I decide to go deep into turn 1 on lap 5 assuming he will go tight and I will get better drive through the esses.

He comes in hot and bumps me wide but not off track, I'm initially annoyed but he is slow down the esses and I hold the lead then extend it for the win :gtpflag:

Based on the post race chat I think he slowed because he didn't want to take the lead on a punt to pass move. So total kudos to the Italian, it's so unusual to see it took me by surprise!

After that I called it a night, better to finish on a high:lol:

Been working on my slingshot technique :P

If you let the McLaren's get together you have no chance without one of the fast cars, hanging back forces them to either get side by side or to help the underdog like this. Probably my favourite move of the week, can't wait for it to be called dirty :gtpflag:.

Perfect move, that's exactly the smart way to race at a track where a bump draft works. It's also helpful if you need to catch the draft ahead, and have a car behind... slow down to let him catch your slipstream and then work to catch the car ahead with that bump draft energy.

You hear it said all the time during NASCAR races at Talledega... they have to 'back up' to let the car behind catch up and then bump draft ahead. The leader will often do just as you did... ease off the throttle to let the car behind close, because at 100% throttle and parity with the car behind, you become a sitting duck.

Well done! :gtpflag:

Race you (for last). :cheers:
2 Brits in an endless "No, after you. I insist." loop. What else is to be expected.

I apologize in advance but I just couldn't resist doing it with the gap I had.

Had a six second gap then my mind was like "do it! do the 720 spin while you have that lead" and then I did it. Least that scratches off from my bucket list for Sport Mode.

Nice. If I did that I'd be seeing Barry R. Great execution.

Not toooo bad last night in Race B, I am quite fast there, racing with A drivers mostly despite my lowly 25K DR. One guy, "Mikkus" or something, argie flag, causes absolute BEDLAM in every race, will bomb in from 4 seconds back, scatter the pack like pins and make off with 3 places. So i call him out before each race and magically his behavior dramatically improved.

Not attacking you but frankly the clip in IOTW started by you hitting him. He was on the outside going the fastest line and you punt him at the apex. That's what sets the whole thing off.
Now, I'm not going to throw the first stone because I have also done that at the very same corner.
But at least take responsibility for it

Yes. I hit him on purpose. In two previous races he hit me and got away as well as hitting others.
Then he improved his time and started ahead.

My turn one hit was revenge from a previous race.
That player has been playing dirty lately and not just with me.
In the previous races he pushed me and others but I couldn’t catch him, he was too quick and escaped.
I wasn’t making that mistake again when he started right in front of me.

I do take responsibility. If I hit someone, it’s for a reason...

Last edited:
Perfect move, that's exactly the smart way to race at a track where a bump draft works. It's also helpful if you need to catch the draft ahead, and have a car behind... slow down to let him catch your slipstream and then work to catch the car ahead with that bump draft energy.

You hear it said all the time during NASCAR races at Talledega... they have to 'back up' to let the car behind catch up and then bump draft ahead. The leader will often do just as you did... ease off the throttle to let the car behind close, because at 100% throttle and parity with the car behind, you become a sitting duck.

i was doing the same thig this morning but trying to keep me and 1st both in McLaren together and not let 3rd split us so i kept backing up to him (gt 40)

Last edited by a moderator:
This was a pretty good race, on first lap I was waiting for the guy to turn in and it never seemed to happen so i took my line and we tangled a bit. T1 second lap I mistakenly barged the pug so gave the place back, he was really clean, well done sir.

There is also a good example of just dumb racing. The fast right hander mid lap is critical and very tricky, I regard it as a no pass zone unless clearly nose in front. Bonehead behind me is barely past my rear bumper and pushes us both wide, i lose 2 places he loses thousands. Moron.

Notice when I am tailing mr clean, I back off through that corner despite having 2 good runs through there. We both benefit from that.

Last edited:

NASCAR was the idea behind it, when the leaders get too far ahead on the superspeedways they're vulnerable with no defence. If you sit right on the car aheads bumper the speed advantage won't be there when you pull out. Keselowski is the master imo, you can learn a lot of racecraft by just watching somebody like him race. Especially how he changes lanes to stop anybody getting too big of a run.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back