"Daily" Race Discussion [Archive]

• Thread starter LordDrift
  • 79,453 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mixed bag last night-
Race C disco'd at matchmaking screen, presumably that doesn't cost DR?
Then had a good race from 14th to 7th with the help of a Frenchman who wanted to bump draft.

Race B was a mess and also got disco'd on lap 4 one time when in the middle of a pack of cars. Nearly 1000 DR gone.

Race A late night, mixed lobby, start P2 and me, 2 other brits and a Spaniard break away. Senor is very fighty and I try to keep out of it. He runs the first brit wide early on lap 2 and the 2nd one at the right hander before the penalty zone. This all leads to me being on his tail as we approach the end of lap 2 and one of the Brits is close as well. We go 3 wide down the straight and I try to hold the inside as the other 2 push towards me for no reason. It doesn't work and I go P1. They keep fighting and I pull a 3 second gap.

On the replay I see the other brit caught up and punted the Spaniard at the Barca hairpin, 3 sec pen.

The brit in second place then goes for this!!!!

I especially loved the tap on the brakes so he could run me in the gravel. This causes the other brit to catch us and cross the line first but I keep the win due to his penalty. Madness!

Here's the whole race, I don't think I did anything to encourage such a crazy revenge attempt:confused:

Mixed bag last night-
Then had a good race from 14th to 7th with the help of a Frenchman who wanted to bump draft.

Race B was a mess and also got disco'd on lap 4 one time when in the middle of a pack of cars. Nearly 1000 DR gone.

Race A late night, mixed lobby, start P2 and me, 2 other brits and a Spaniard break away. Senor is very fighty and I try to keep out of it. He runs the first brit wide early on lap 2 and the 2nd one at the right hander before the penalty zone. This all leads to me being on his tail as we approach the end of lap 2 and one of the Brits is close as well. We go 3 wide down the straight and I try to hold the inside as the other 2 push towards me for no reason. It doesn't work and I go P1. They keep fighting and I pull a 3 second gap.

On the replay I see the other brit caught up and punted the Spaniard at the Barca hairpin, 3 sec pen.

I especially loved the tap on the brakes so he could run me in the gravel. This causes the other brit to catch us and cross the line first but I keep the win due to his penalty. Madness!

Here's the whole race, I don't think I did anything to encourage such a crazy revenge attempt:confused:

You were ahead, that was probably enough.
During a qualy session I mucked up the lefthander before the chicane and went 🤬 it made for the final corner cutting the chicane. Got 7 seconds so his lack of a penalty surprises me.

If people wouldn't be so pushy at RBR, I might try it. But, RBR has earned a bad reputation for good reason.
It's all about the penalties. PD are driving me nuts.
If penalties were strict, players would keep their distance and every single race would be A LOT cleaner.

At the current state of the game, classes are almost useless. This week in Race B Sardegna, B/S, it's just a carnage: if I have to give an average percentage of dirty players in every single race, I'd say 60%. More than half. That's very high.
Today I encountered the worst player of all. Any player who tried to pass him on the straights, he pushed him off the track. He pushed me and others directly on a wall that put you at full stop (wall on the right side, before the last corner).
Zero penalties were ever given to him during that race. On the contrary, at the end of the race his S rating went up. Unbelievable.
Not only that...he had an insult written on the back of his car. Even if you report the livery Sony says there's no violation.
Very frustrating. No penalties in GTS and no PSN violations.

Last edited:
I wouldn't say anybody was in the way considering everybody on track has a right to take what line they choose but they do look like sitting ducks to me.

I know I've been in the Ford all week going last to podium in top split if we can call it that :lol:

Just push the F1 down straights into T1 then before go uphill coming out of tunnel just pull out and around then out brake F1 into T1 then pull out slipstream thru the esses and rinse repeat.

Pit window is most important thing... you see group ahead you're faster, just undercut and when it cycles you'll be leading that group.

Last edited:
Not much racing this week. Did 2 FIA, and raced once in Tokyo last night. Racing no Q since I didn't know what I was in for. With the exception of one guy in an F1 that was running about 10th, no real problems. He was pushing me around in my Supra (my FIA manu car), and blocking every time I got a run or tried to pull out for a brake zone. Ended up stuck for almost 3 laps, and i finally got tired of his crap when,after a clean pass after T2, and leading almost to the end of the lap with him bouncing my bumper repeatedly, he knocked me sideways in the last hairpin. Even with that, I got the drive and we were side by side through the kink onto the straight, me on the left, and he tried to push me into the wall on the left. I made it through and squeezed him into the wall on the right. I got 2 seconds for that I think. Still, it was enough so that I never saw him again, even after serving the penalty. I ran 7S/3M and managed to get to 4th, but finished with a red S. Not a bad finish, and right where my Q time would have put me on the grid with my main account. Gotta work on that time to run from the front later this weekend. Might have to try the Ford GT for that.

I wouldn't say anybody was in the way considering everybody on track has a right to take what line they choose but they do look like sitting ducks to me.

I know I've been in the Ford all week going last to podium in top split if we can call it that :lol:

Just push the F1 down straights into T1 then before go uphill coming out of tunnel just pull out and around then out brake F1 into T1 then pull out slipstream thru the esses and rinse repeat.

Pit window is most important thing... you see group ahead you're faster, just undercut and when it cycles you'll be leading that group.
ehhh ? I mean any car is a sitting duck on that long straight and enough slipstream to cruise on by and wave. I have done what you described to many cars this week it always cracks me up when someone goes by me say about pit exit I am just going back by before the top of the ramp. But yes undercut very good strategy as well as being able to handle the car my qualy was in PUG but i can not drive that in the race so i use F1. Gt40 for sure is fast but I can not drive it for some reason ..so props to you

I wish I had done that this morning. This A+ dirty driver in a GT40 kept diving me at turn 1 knocking me into outside wall, into other players spun me once this was over the course of 3 races. In the last one we were going into the pits side by side with him on my right I should have just move to my right a little and put into pit wall, but of course i did't figuring okay maybe he is done I beat him out and then he dives me again @ turn 1 . Guess its my fault But I do have the ID written down
Can you share the replay of him hitting you?

Y'know what would be amazing in GT7? If the daily/weekly races reflected each league in the campaign. So you could have a total of five races per rotation: Beginner, Amateur, Professional, Extreme, and Endurance, and there could be a sixth "Special" race that promotes new content. And each race's rules would mirror an event from that respective league in the campaign, such as Boxer Spirit or a certain special race you could enter under a manufacturer like the Tourist Trophy.

On top of this, I'd hope the new campaign in GT7 has more races that feature a given class but restricts players to a certain group of cars within that class, such as a Gr.1 event that only permits Group C racers. I'd also tweak some returning events - one example would be the Nissan GT-R Cup, where I wouldn't permit any GT-R racecars nor pace cars, and I'd only allow GT-R road cars, including cars like the GT-R Nismo and the Nismo 400R.

Of course, the Endurance Races would range in length from 1 hour to 4 hours, and not one minute more. They'd also always have their duration by time rather than lap count, to further differentiate them.

Last edited:
You were ahead, that was probably enough.
During a qualy session I mucked up the lefthander before the chicane and went 🤬 it made for the final corner cutting the chicane. Got 7 seconds so his lack of a penalty surprises me.
He got 5 seconds, just doesn't show on the replay for some reason :confused:

Can you share the replay of him hitting you?
didnt save
I'm a bit curious who it is as well :lol: not many running the Ford in A+/A and I'm sure I've seen them more than once.
I do not have the reply

it was not either of you unless your running ALT accts I have raced with both of you before.
But I am not sure what you guys are trying to imply from my point of view. I gave an account of my racing the other day against a player in a GT40 who was very aggressive at turn 1 people describe behavior all the time on this sight but for some reason I am being asked to show the reply. If you are doubting me ...fine I have the name of who was so I can be prepared for him next time .....

didnt save

I do not have the reply

it was not either of you unless your running ALT accts I have raced with both of you before.
But I am not sure what you guys are trying to imply from my point of view. I gave an account of my racing the other day against a player in a GT40 who was very aggressive at turn 1 people describe behavior all the time on this sight but for some reason I am being asked to show the reply. If you are doubting me ...fine I have the name of who was so I can be prepared for him next time .....

I was just curious who it was, wasn't judging anybody. I race in top split and only few using the Ford so I wanted to keep an eye out. If you wouldn't have put GT40 i wouldn't have thought twice about it but it's pretty exclusive club :cheers:

@jad866 Always easy comin here to redeem yourself after some awful driving isn’t it, Good news , I’ve got the replays for you,

This was the very first encounter, after following you and bump-draft for 3 laps , 4th was still 1s behind???3 of us bump drafting and we are doing 2.00s ??? I decided to go for a move and you sent me to the wall, you thought you’ll get away with that,? Then you tried to revenge the revenge and you punted me but you failed horribly ,

Next race you tried to punt me again and i wasn’t about to play the same thing again because it looks like you enjoy driving like a maniac so i pitted and it looks like you tried your signature move on the GTR , and you failed miserably again.

3rd race you’d try the same thing twice whenever i pulled a move on you, and you did the same to the other player and she sent you to the realm where you couldn’t crawl back and you claimed that you got pushed, you thought we didn’t saw your driving beforehand :indiff:

face it , you’re driving a 25 yo car with ****** brakes and handling, and when someone outbrakes you , you think it’s a dive-bomb and you act crazy :confused:

@jad866 Always easy comin here to redeem yourself after some awful driving isn’t it, Good news , I’ve got the replays for you,

This was the very first encounter, after following you and bump-draft for 3 laps , 4th was still 1s behind???3 of us bump drafting and we are doing 2.00s ??? I decided to go for a move and you sent me to the wall, you thought you’ll get away with that,? Then you tried to revenge the revenge and you punted me but you failed horribly ,

Next race you tried to punt me again and i wasn’t about to play the same thing again because it looks like you enjoy driving like a maniac so i pitted and it looks like you tried your signature move on the GTR , and you failed miserably again.

3rd race you’d try the same thing twice whenever i pulled a move on you, and you did the same to the other player and she sent you to the realm where you couldn’t crawl back and you claimed that you got pushed, you thought we didn’t saw your driving beforehand :indiff:

face it , you’re driving a 25 yo car with ****** brakes and handling, and when someone outbrakes you , you think it’s a dive-bomb and you act crazy :confused:

ok thats fine I kinda figured it was you after your response And I stand by what i said you a dirty A+ driver Have had problems with you in the past under your main acct and now this one your overly aggressive in areas where you shouldn't be and a diver IMO.. But congratulations on feeling like you outed sombody when nobody knew it was you this why I usually shy away from forums like this

and of course you show only my bad judgement not yours typical everyone has moments they wish they could forget there are 2 sides to every story

1 you did spin at one point in turn 1
2 you did hit me turn 1 sending me into that other driver you referenced and then she retaliated because why not I was the one behind her but not the one who missed the braking point.

Last edited:
ok thats fine I kinda figured it was you after your response And I stand by what i said you a dirty A+ driver Have had problems with you in the past under your main acct and now this one your overly aggressive in areas where you shouldn't be and a diver IMO.. But congratulations on feeling like you outed sombody when nobody knew it was you this why I usually shy away from forums like this
I very well remember our brands incident which you complained i got off track and didn’t rejoin safely :rolleyes:

, calling my move aggressive?? Where else should i overtake you ?? Maybe you’d prefer Around the middle section of the track? And we are both running our alts there isn’t it? Never knew it was you until you mentioned going side by side to the pits,,and by that you mean if you knew it was me perhaps you wouldn’t try that stupidity? How about you treat every player the same ,?
Yeah running away after you got caught in 4K , classic :cheers:

Last edited:
I very well remember our brands incident which you complained i got off track and didn’t rejoin safely :rolleyes:

, calling my move aggressive?? Where else should i overtake you ?? Maybe you’d prefer Around the middle section of the track? And we are both running our alts there isn’t it? Never knew it was you until you mentioned going side by side to the pits,,and by that you mean if you knew it was me perhaps you wouldn’t try that stupidity? How about you treat every player the same ,?
Yeah running away after you got caught in 4K , classic :cheers:
read carefully

didt know it was you in the race figured out it was you after you comment.

so trying to pass on the run up to the chicane putting us both in a compromised position is smart i was in front leading into that corner NO WAAAAY did you ever have a chance to clear me there but you tried anyway.... overly aggressive

side by side going in the pits who was leading up the straight who was all the way to left entering the pits what do you , you make side by side into the pits again overly aggressive putting us both in a compromised position. I know your game always everyone else's fault take no accountability for your actions. Just like at the brands incident you completely go off the track you enter with no concern for who might be coming by as i am going by ALL THE WAY ON THE LEFT you hit me in right rear spin and drive on like nothing happened overly aggressive

again do i lose my cool from time to time sure we all do but take responsivity for you actions as well it takes two to tango after being rear ended 4 or 5 times at turn 1 by you i got sick of it

read carefully

didt know it was you in the race figured out it was you after you comment.

so trying to pass on the run up to the chicane putting us both in a compromised position is smart i was in front leading into that corner NO WAAAAY did you ever have a chance to clear me there but you tried anyway.... overly aggressive

side by side going in the pits who was leading up the straight who was all the way to left entering the pits what do you , you make side by side into the pits again overly aggressive putting us both in a compromised position. I know your game always everyone else's fault take no accountability for your actions. Just like at the brands incident you completely go off the track you enter with no concern for who might be coming by as i am going by ALL THE WAY ON THE LEFT you hit me in right rear spin and drive on like nothing happened overly aggressive

again do i lose my cool from time to time sure we all do but take responsivity for you actions as well it takes two to tango after being rear ended 4 or 5 times at turn 1 by you i got sick of it

you clearly started it??? And I didn’t want to be behind you in the middle section of the track because you was so slow there , gt40 can pull a whole 1-1.5scs through there fyi ,this is the last lap of that race

and as i told you post race, drive faster if you don’t like getting passed, sure i don’t mind following other cars as long as they’re keeping good pace, two of those races i trailed that Brazilian to the flag, but you didn’t have any pace and you aggressively try to put me to the wall each time i tried a move without touching you, if thats not dirty i don’t know what is, you clearly act like a very clean driver but I’ve seen all the replays, you was playing ping pong and zig zagging on main straight with a Brazilian ,

Last edited:
tenor.gif

you clearly started it??? And I didn’t want to be behind you in the middle section of the track because you was so slow there , gt40 can pull a whole 1-1.5scs through there fyi ,this is the last lap of that race

and as i told you post race, drive faster if you don’t like getting passed, sure i don’t mind following other cars as long as they’re keeping good pace, two of those races i trailed that Brazilian to the flag, but you didn’t have any pace and you aggressively try to put me to the wall each time i tried a move without touching you, if thats not dirty i don’t know what is, you clearly act like a very clean driver but I’ve seen all the replays, you was playing ping pong and zig zagging on main straight with a Brazilian ,

Oh, so proves my point about F1s being in the way. Cool.

Post all the videos you want I have no issues with anybody until they start using my bumper as a brake in the way or not that’s annoying if your so much faster ( which most times you are then wait for better spots and playing ping pong with a Brazilian like that’s neve happen to anyone right. You know what this is game we are all supposed to have some kind of comradely in that we enjoy this game if offended you by my original post then that’s on me and I will think twice going forward but no one knew who I was talking about you seem take joy in posting only your side showing me in a bad light when everybody has bad moments so good for you

Mixed bag last night-

What Chicane?... I see this often and have also tried it after being knocked into last place.

Post all the videos you want I have no issues with anybody until they start using my bumper as a brake in the way or not that’s annoying if your so much faster ( which most times you are then wait for better spots and playing ping pong with a Brazilian like that’s neve happen to anyone right. You know what this is game we are all supposed to have some kind of comradely in that we enjoy this game if offended you by my original post then that’s on me and I will think twice going forward but no one knew who I was talking about you seem take joy in posting only your side showing me in a bad light when everybody has bad moments so good for you

what matters is the first impression, and yours was you sending me to the wall after i made a clean pass ,forget about me,. What was you trying to do to the gtr there? You love ramming and its shows,

and no you didn’t annoy me by one bit , I’ve raced this game enough to meet a lot of racers of your caliber , but every now and then i get to race some very good ones and thats why i wont quit this game,

what matters is the first impression, and yours was you sending me to the wall after i made a clean pass ,forget about me,. What was you trying to do to the gtr there? You love ramming and its shows,

and no you didn’t annoy me by one bit , I’ve raced this game enough to meet a lot of racers of your caliber , but every now and then i get to race some very good ones and thats why i wont quit this game,
Feeling is mutual
As a matter of fact just did the 5:30 race finished 4th behind 2 Gt40 (so other people do drive them and they are fast when together) me and another F1 could not catch them and we worked well together all race no issues. Maybe learn some humility as said before I have my moments and can be very salty at times but no one is perfect except for you I guess. I am sure our paths will cross again and hopefully we can find a way to co exist

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back