"Daily" Race Discussion [Archive]

• Thread starter LordDrift
  • 79,453 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've come to the conclusion that me and the supra do not get on.. just find it really hard to control, sliding at most corners and unless I'm in a straight line acceleration is a bit .. erm.. wobbly, even tried putting TCS on and still a nightmare to control .. bit like the alpha 4c gr3

I've come to the conclusion that me and the supra do not get on.. just find it really hard to control, sliding at most corners and unless I'm in a straight line acceleration is a bit .. erm.. wobbly, even tried putting TCS on and still a nightmare to control .. bit like the alpha 4c gr3

i love seeing all the supras nearly losing it after each slow corner when i pass them with my ford GT has insane traction out of corners

My issue with brands is i never feel like i am racing there, just waiting for errors and trying not to fall off the road myself. It is incredibly difficult to pass and I can defend there for laps on end against super fast guys. You need a lot of cooperation to pass, a lot.

Balderdash. Lap 1, I make a mistake & lose the lead. But he goes in a little too fast & has to scrub momentum later in the lap. I had the momentum & took the lead back, never to relinquish it.

Last edited:

Have you tried shortshifting it? I can't get on with it either, it's a weird cross between MR and FR in how it drives, but shortshifting helps me

Last edited:
Have you tried shortshifting it? I can't get on with it either, it's a weird cross between MR and FR in how it drives, but shortshifting helps me

It's one of those cars that you should be shortshifting for optimal acceleration. Even still, it's a tricky little beast. Every time it comes up as the META, I give it a go to see if I've improved enough to race with it or not. Not yet. I'm decently quick with it over a single lap now but it's still a disaster waiting to happen in a race setting for me.

It's one of those cars that you should be shortshifting for optimal acceleration. Even still, it's a tricky little beast. Every time it comes up as the META, I give it a go to see if I've improved enough to race with it or not. Not yet. I'm decently quick with it over a single lap now but it's still a disaster waiting to happen in a race setting for me.
Same for me with the Supra, I give it a go, but can't get on with it enough for me to give up the Beetle. Optimal gets me into the low 56s, there's more there but just dont have the talent or the thumbs to consistenly hook it up

Balderdash. Lap 1, I make a mistake & lose the lead. But he goes in a little too fast & has to scrub momentum later in the lap. I had the momentum & took the lead back, never to relinquish it.

Kinda proves my point, both passes were a result of an error. It's extremely tough to just simply be faster, get beside someone and make a clean pass. Not impossible but gee, it's immensely difficult.

Hi everybody!

I’m coming back after a 2-year break, and I’ve been training with a Super Formula at Spa in TT mode. Default setup and Hard Racing tires, but apparently, now, dailies are using Medium tires. Is that it? Should I be training using medium?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Brands is one of my favorite tracks just because I love the challenge of racing there...and it flows so well when just hot-lapping. My problem is I always forget to just let all the alpha-males wreck themselves in the first few laps. Case and point was 20 minutes ago when I qualified 4th, and decided to go softs right away. All 5 of us in front had the same idea, so it ended up with a lot of elbows out racing until one of the 2 Brazilians got impatient and went for a dive bomb resulting in me getting booted off the island. After that I over drove the car and before I knew it, I went from 3rd to 19th in the course of 1 lap.

While it’s not the best “racing” track for quick, 5 lap online racing stints. Brands Hatch is definitely a racer’s track. You need skill, strategy, restraint, and perseverance. Basically just all around race craft. If you can string all these together in the B and below lobbies, your pretty much guaranteed a top 5 finish. I can see how this would be a super fun and challenging race in the higher lobbies with the right fuel and tire multipliers

Last edited by a moderator:
I know what Tidgney said about the TT being his pick for race C this week, but damn....the Slophy is good. In a rare occasion, I qualified on the pole, went with the softs and checked out. Mainly because of the fighting behind me I’m sure. However, I was able to stay on the softs for 11 laps at a mid 1:29 to low 1:30 pace the entire duration. I was slower on the fresh mediums when I changed. This thing kills it in tire wear

still wondering what it takes to get bumped to A. Anyone know what the algorithm is looking for? Seems like I’ve been a high B forever now

Kinda proves my point, both passes were a result of an error. It's extremely tough to just simply be faster, get beside someone and make a clean pass. Not impossible but gee, it's immensely difficult.

Well, usually when I think of a mistake, I think of someone causing themselves to spin out or understeer into a wall. Those errors in my video were not normally enough to win or lose a race with. I think we each were so close that any small slip caused the other to be there. As you saw on lap 6, I completely botched turn 1 & nearly spun myself. But, with nobody in sight, it wasn't very severe. As you also saw, the VW ran wide twice, once leading & once after I passed. That is likely the errors that you refer to & cost more time than you think they would.

still wondering what it takes to get bumped to A. Anyone know what the algorithm is looking for? Seems like I’ve been a high B forever now

30K DR if I remember correctly.

Last edited:
I know what Tidgney said about the TT being his pick for race C this week, but damn....the Slophy is good. In a rare occasion, I qualified on the pole, went with the softs and checked out. Mainly because of the fighting behind me I’m sure. However, I was able to stay on the softs for 11 laps at a mid 1:29 to low 1:30 pace the entire duration. I was slower on the fresh mediums when I changed. This thing kills it in tire wear

DR A starts at 30k. (Screenshot from KudosPrime.)

DR Ranges.png

And the Slophy has the best tire wear of any car I know of. It's almost like they forgot to turn the tire wear on for that thing.

The reason Tidge liked the TT over the Slophy is that if you start in front of a Slophy, you can pretty much stay in front of them unless you make a big mistake. The Slophy lacks straight line speed, so they're not going to be overtaking many people on the straights. But yeah, like you said there's other things to consider over the course of the race. The TT works for him, the Slophy works for you. :cheers:

Last edited:
Hey, I might be starting to suck a little less! I just did three Race B's with the alt using the Supra - you know, the car that I take out for a suicide spin every time it's the META just to gauge my progress.

Even though I could get a lap or two in without binning it every Q session I did, I thought that I still wasn't going to be able to take it out into a real race setting. However, I gave it a try this afternoon and it felt kind of okay. I gave it a go and managed to complete 3 races without binning it. I even finished one of them P2! Whoo-hoo! :cheers:

If you keep driving 1:29 laps in race trim you will get bumped to A in no time. That is very quick.

www.kudosprime.com is the place to visit to de-mystify your present DR level and where the next level is.

Yep. I hit it on Sunday.

Congratulations! It is hard to get into A because at some point you need to start beating A racers to climb.

And a belated congratulations to @Mc_Yavel on his A+!

Last edited:
My first race a Brands Hatch was a total disaster. I had 2 big spins which were both my fault. Lots of people “defending”/ramming me off track, which causes dirty tires and be backing off to make cornering easier. Then, getting stuck behind the “defenders” because of the ramming and erratic driving. More on that at the end. Absolutely frustrating. I even got lapped! I have never been lapped at any point racing online. I’m not even mad, I’m impressed they could pull it off. Despite all that, I still finished 6th. I don’t know how, but I did it.

Gran Turismo®SPORT_20210601192434.jpg

Second race was more under control. Only one spin coming out of the Sheene Curve when I was catching up to 3rd place with 4 or so laps to go. I had put the right rear just enough on to the grass with to send me into the spin which I quickly recovered from. I don’t think I was going to catch them anyway so nothing to be upset with. I was 20 seconds or so ahead of 5th so no real harm done to my finish.

I ran 2M/11S in the first race due to me spinning out near the pit entrance so that made sense at the time, plus I wanted to get out of the middle of the pack. Race 2 was 3M/10S which worked fine for me. Some sliding around going into the corners on the last lap but manageable enough.

I did notice a lot of racers with lower than a B rating which may explain my problems in the first race. There were 11 in both races after looking into it. I’m guessing this combo isn’t popular in the Americas or that not enough B rated people have jumped into race just yet.

No racing for me tomorrow, I’m off to a baseball game and I am super excited to go! I’ll be back at it Thursday with some good results hopefully.

29s as race pace is ridiculous. Go away.

I quickly grew tired of nursing tyres at brands and going backwards so tried lake maggiore. I really, really struggle there. At brands my qualy time is better than 65pc of A drivers, at LM just 15pc. I am sooooo slooooooow. 56 flat in qualifying simply notnfast enough and I can't go any faster.

My issue with brands is i never feel like i am racing there, just waiting for errors and trying not to fall off the road myself. It is incredibly difficult to pass and I can defend there for laps on end against super fast guys. You need a lot of cooperation to pass, a lot.

Brands is all about the 3 Ps; Patience, Pressure and Pit strategy.

I like to think I'm ok with the first and 3rd, but I suck when someone applies number 2 for any length of time.

This morning i made 11 q laps in 2 sessions and managed to get 1:54.961 with the Supra at LM. This put me on p7 again on start. First lap i passed a struggling 4c and a Supra but missiled by the 4c at lap 2 t1. Down to p6 i had a clean fight with the p5 supra for the remaining laps for a divebomb Ford GT before the finish. Finished 7th. Not amused. I must admit i'm not good at GR3. I have confidence mostly on road cars.
Another Race B another p7 at start. Finished 4th.
Third Race B started p13 in a bumper cars grid. I got mad at p14 pushing me twice and ruined my own race. I'm quick to blast unfortunately. Down to SR 69 i have a headache right now! Will upload replay.
I did not deliberately punt at both occasions i got the penalties(except last one).

Today the game does not love me. Another Race B and i got the most unfair penalties.

Last edited:
29s as race pace is ridiculous. Go away.

I tried the Stang last night. It did not go well. First time racing with it so maybe I'm not used to her.

The Stang can be plenty quick at Brands. In this race I began sixth on the medium compound, ran five laps then switched to softs. I was victorious in a B S room filled with scirocco and trophy.
Second stint after a few 29 I was held up waiting to pass the 1-2 cars

7F2493B3-CD79-4E3B-8F51-22BF2DD04A43.jpeg

62929399-E3A3-4486-8AC0-7972B9C52FB7.jpeg

Last edited:
Got back into the Dailies after a bit of a hiatus. Really enjoy Brands despite it not being overly kind to me, can't quite explain it!

Just been trying to recover my DR after the pounding it took at the weekend's FIA. Posted a decent enough quali time so have gotten a few top 10s to get that DR back up. Brands being Brands though, this has also been interspersed with some poor results too!

Show off. :lol::cheers::bowdown::gtpflag:

Lol no not a “true” win since I am B S and had to calibrate a couple dirty drivers attitudes last time out, but nonetheless I’m within a few points of A and when we’ve had sprints in gr4 at Brands the Mustangs done equally well for me in top rooms.
The 86, Ferarri and Mclaren are also really good, just less secure.
:cheers:

Edit: the Megane Trophy is a fine car, but in order to get times you really have to push it to use full track and carry apex speed. If you can’t carry speed and use maximum track the things a slug.
Power wise it’s gutless. If you get several drafting in a line in an A plus room, they make time.
The VW is OP in gr4 rn but, I found last night at Brands in the Mustang I was able to get on power earlier exiting turns, and the Mustang has very strong brakes and can get that inside at the brake zones.
The VW enters turns off throttle very well, but on the uphill exits at Brands it struggles, guys try to get to throttle early but it understeers wide very often.
The Stang controls the track well with its imposing size and strong power and great brakes and ability to munch curbs like they are not there.
If it is struck by anything less than a Veyron it shakes off the hit nicely.
With the Stangs strong power and imposing size and stability you can run a tighter entry line to apex then power out.
In gr4 it’s a force to be reckoned with.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back