"Daily" Race Discussion [Archive]

• Thread starter LordDrift
  • 79,453 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh NGP Race C, sweet. On paper my second strongest track, i love a point and squirt.

Can someone half decent try the WRX? I reakon you will go ok, it eats less tyre than the FWD cars and I ran 27.9 in qualy so she can hustle. Just get on the gas before the apex, she will swing around. I keep dropping the damn car at brands, cannot get a read.

Last edited:
Bored. Made a decal because I liked the sound of it. :)

8143172311369941504_1.png

Pure Filth - Decals by Kaizen-Teian | Community | Gran Turismo Sport (gran-turismo.com)

Gotta love it when you're in a top 3 spot (Daily A) and the person in 4th dive-bombs so hard in the braking zone and uses you as a brake 3 races in a row. 2k DR down because of it :(

That is a hard case at any skill level. There are broadly three ways to deal with this.
  1. Do what you are doing now and accept the pain and DR loss - not recommended.
  2. All out revenge - you have seen a few examples of that on this thread. It is not my way - though I have done it. It is not easy and requires skill. For most it is a wake up call and they will correct their behavior around you. Be warned as some are trolls and they feed off the revenge.
  3. Out-smart 'em. You know they are going to dive. Monitor your mirror/radar/timeChart. Go wide at the turn and slow up like you are doing an undercut. If they are diving they depend on your car to act as brake. If you remove that brake they will overshoot the corner. Practice your lines on an empty track and then you will be ready to use it in-race. It is so satisfying when it works.
That's quite something, how'd he manage to hit EVERYONE.

Also astounds me how the punters are always the first to re-appear and get going after a crash, their recovery is remarkable.

They have more opportunities to practice though the purple guy in @baygencos 's was a hopeless premature tire spinner.

OK, for my birthday, I want front mounted paint guns for my VW Scirocco and I am going to blow that template at offending cars. Does it come in "blood red"?

Last edited:
Another jerk who isn't good enough to drive with TCS turned off, but does it anyways.
In all fairness to the guy, getting out of the sand or starting from a track reset is a pain in the ass (whether you were the punter or punted doesn't matter).
Out-smart 'em. You know they are going to dive. Monitor your mirror/radar/timeChart. Go wide at the turn and slow up like you are doing an undercut. If they are diving they depend on your car to act as brake. If you remove that brake they will overshoot the corner. Practice your lines on an empty track and then you will be ready to use it in-race. It is so satisfying when it works.
That is a good method, though largely useless in this weeks race A. So satisfying to do it at places like Fuji turn 1 with almost no time loss, even against people who outbrake themselves with good intentions.

All out revenge - you have seen a few examples of that on this thread. It is not my way - though I have done it. It is not easy and requires skill. For most it is a wake up call and they will correct their behavior around you. Be warned as some are trolls and they feed off the revenge.

Usually when I moan here it’s because I was wronged-attempted all out revenge, and was defeated again.
It IS a skill, and although I’m very very dangerous there are others who are better.

Usually when I moan here it’s because I was wronged-attempted all out revenge, and was defeated again.
It IS a skill, and although I’m very very dangerous there are others who are better.

I have a fabulous recollection of DTS - Larini-2. Bad guy was in front - he wronged someone else. I was in the middle. You were behind me. You came flinging past eliminating the bad guy with no space to slide a dollar bill between our cars. I was untouched. Expert!

I have a fabulous recollection of DTS - Larini-2. Bad guy was in front - he wronged someone else. I was in the middle. You were behind me. You came flinging past eliminating the bad guy with no space to slide a dollar bill between our cars. I was untouched. Expert!

I do my best to limit collateral damage, but every nuclear strike has a blast radius :)
Ty lol :cheers:

That is a hard case at any skill level. There are broadly three ways to deal with this.
  1. Do what you are doing now and accept the pain and DR loss - not recommended.
  2. All out revenge - you have seen a few examples of that on this thread. It is not my way - though I have done it. It is not easy and requires skill. For most it is a wake up call and they will correct their behavior around you. Be warned as some are trolls and they feed off the revenge.
  3. Out-smart 'em. You know they are going to dive. Monitor your mirror/radar/timeChart. Go wide at the turn and slow up like you are doing an undercut. If they are diving they depend on your car to act as brake. If you remove that brake they will overshoot the corner. Practice your lines on an empty track and then you will be ready to use it in-race. It is so satisfying when it works.

They have more opportunities to practice though the purple guy in @baygencos 's was a hopeless premature tire spinner.

OK, for my birthday, I want front mounted paint guns for my VW Scirocco and I am going to blow that template at offending cars. Does it come in "blood red"?

I took option number 3 and won the next race after I posted that. Honestly, it was more or less just being in the right spot at the wrong time. The race I won I waited patiently and watched the second place guy get pushy and took advantage of their mistake.

Last edited:
Tough day in Daily C. Started a couple of hundred points short of 40K DR which would be a huge milestone for me to reach. A milestone I never thought I'd get in sight of.

However, lost almost 2K throughout the day. Lots of races where I've been on the receiving end of some awkward driving and missing out on some points, but has to be said there's been some self sabotage in there too. I've let my vindictive side come out a few times!

Hot off the press. GT7 will also run on Playstation 4 according to this article.
https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2021...ra-crumbles-gran-turismo-7-will-be-cross-gen/

I have not been following too closely but this feels like a big surprise and I would think a happy one too.

Not think the quality will be compromised to get it to work with the PS4?

Last edited by a moderator:
I randomly decided to try Race C. Got a pole and win. Totally unexpected.

Not sure how it happened. Just kept waiting for something to go wrong. I knew it was 13 laps but starting on pole it started to feel too long about lap 5. :scared:

Anyone else using the Viper?

I like to use it often. I've even won at Brands in Gr. 3, so it can't be bad.

Wow. I've only been playing the game three months and I already know Autopolis like the back of my hand from dailies. There are other tracks in the game, right?

I feel like a high ranking official has to be bribed in order to get Big Willow on the daily list.

Same club dude, think I got to A for a few days and lost it. :lol::cheers::cheers:

I didn't lose it because I never had it. As PD plays with the penalty system at random, I tend to get abused, attempt revenge, & get drug down the DR/SR ladder.

Can someone half decent try the WRX? I reakon you will go ok, it eats less tyre than the FWD cars and I ran 27.9 in qualy so she can hustle. Just get on the gas before the apex, she will swing around. I keep dropping the damn car at brands, cannot get a read.

I'll give it a try.

Hot off the press. GT7 will also run on Playstation 4 according to this article.
https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2021...ra-crumbles-gran-turismo-7-will-be-cross-gen/

I have not been following too closely but this feels like a big surprise and I would think a happy one too.

It's been discussed for the past day and a half in the GT7 area of the forum. I am deeply disappointed by the news and it seems the majority is. Not just here but elsewhere on the internet, as well.

It's been discussed for the past day and a half in the GT7 area of the forum. I am deeply disappointed by the news and it seems the majority is. Not just here but elsewhere on the internet, as well.

Thanks. I will go read. My thinkin => I get to keep the PS4 I purchased a year ago and don't need to spend another $400 for a PS5 (Correction).

Last edited:
Thanks. I will go read. My thinkin => I get to keep the PS4 I purchased a year ago and don't need to spend another $400 for a PS4.

He he, no need to buy a PS5, you mean. :lol: Anyway, while I'm glad to hear that I can have GT Sport style fun (livery editor) with older track layouts & possibly cars, it does crush the standards that the community has set themselves up for. I'm sure the PS4 version won't look as realistic as the PS5 version, but honestly, good quality games on the PS4 are not a disappointment to look at. The only concern now (for me) is will the 2 generations of consoles offer cross-play in the game?

I’ve had a bunch of great races in Daily C this week. Gr4, Brands, with pit stops is one of my favourite combos.
Scirocco is one of my fave cars already - used the Alt account to test other options (TT, 4C, Slophie), but I’m fastest & most comfortable in the VW. Posted a 1:27.4 Qual with my main account.

I’ve been running 4RM > 9RS most races - have done 3&10 when I’m stuck in traffic, or 5&8 when I’ve got clear track & want more tyre at the end.
Race pace low 1:30/31s on RM, 1:29s on RS. Haven’t hit 1:28s in race, but I’m mindful of eating the tyres too fast.

Fun week of racing if it’s your thing :D

Yeah that 40k mark, been to 37k 3 times dammit but never get there!
Just clicked past it for the first time this week! Have been stuck in mid-30k for 6mo or more…

Last edited by a moderator:
I couldn’t keep the Slophy on the track in race C tonight. I apparently forgot how to drive after a day off. My pace was way off, and I have a feeling I won’t be able to keep up anymore. The drivers also desperate to take over my precious P15 didn’t help, so I’m done for the week. All the DR gained on Tuesday wiped out in one measly race. Not the end of the world, but I’m trying to keep it up.

Race B looks to be my go-to next week as I am horrible at Nürburgring GP. I should do some hot laps to get a feel for it, but if was like my experience with Fuji I’m not looking forward to the frustration honestly.

Unrelated, but the baseball game I went to was awesome! It was nice to see some live sports and be amongst some cheering fans again.

In race A I could not improve my QT. I was not able to get under 15.00 in sector 1. So I tired going from TSC 0 to TSC 1, and was able to get under 15.00 and lower my QT by .250. Kind of odd that TSC 1 is giving me faster lap times than 0.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back