Daily races are now WEEKLY races (POLL)

Do you want DAILY races or WEEKLY races?

• Total voters
I just changed my vote for "weekly", I started to believe it's a better way to improve on those tracks, more time to correct small driving details, IMO!

There are times in the past I have missed a car/trackcombo and not had the chance again for months so dailies were to quick imo. For those people in work, it gave little time for qually and racing.

I prefer non daily races because I could spend a few hours qualifying then race for the rest of the week knowing my qually time's good. More racing less hot laps.

I understand people who do not like this though, so maybe the 3day cycle as mentioned earlier by @VFOURMAX1 would be a happy medium. Maybe a weekly race, 3 day race and a daily?

There are times in the past I have missed a car/trackcombo and not had the chance again for months so dailies were to quick imo. For those people in work, it gave little time for qually and racing.

I prefer non daily races because I could spend a few hours qualifying then race for the rest of the week knowing my qually time's good. More racing less hot laps.

I understand people who do not like this though, so maybe the 3day cycle as mentioned earlier by @VFOURMAX1 would be a happy medium. Maybe a weekly race, 3 day race and a daily?

With the week long race your qualifying time on Monday is probably not very good on Friday unless you are one of those that can go right to the top of the leader board, if that's the case then you dont need to spend much time qualifying. Your favorite car/track combo might not show up for 6 months now

And yet when it does its there for 7 days, its also really easy to miss your favourite combo if its only available for a day.

Two sides to every coin.

Sure, as long as you are not on vacation that week.
20 tracks to make the math easy
Gr1, Gr2, Gr3, Gr4 to keep car class math easy.
That's 80 weeks by my count for someones favorite car/track combo to appear. How many do you suppose will playing faithfully 80 weeks from now hoping to catch their favorite combo?

Just some observations form this week.

Annoyed that 1 of three races has a 20,000 point price tag which I do not think they would have done had the new fancy buy your way in feature not recently been added.

Terrible racing last night with horrible drivers again, rear ended into the sand ending in down SR and penalty, sandwiched between two cars one partially on the grass coming in hot in the apex resulting in penalties for all. Getting Door smashing/bumping instead of just passing clean when they clearly do not have the speed to get past clean and just plain getting rammed during a clean pass because someone is a spoiled sport.. All things that happened in the GR 4 races last night. In 4 and 5 lap sprints this kind of nonsense is recoverable when you qualify top five and end up last after being sent in the sand.

These seem to be bigger issues than the races. Just horrible.

With the week long race your qualifying time on Monday is probably not very good on Friday unless you are one of those that can go right to the top of the leader board, if that's the case then you dont need to spend much time qualifying. Your favorite car/track combo might not show up for 6 months now

Are you trying to convince me of something?

I don't like daily races. Period. I'd prefer the combo to last longer.

You can bombard me with all the stats you want. I don't like, or want daily races. I'd prefer a mix to keep most people happy.

Many other reasons other than vacation.

Why do you assume that people play waiting for their favourite combo?
I am simply responding to someone elses comment, you would have to ask them, but I would not think the other person was implying that they only play when their favorite comes up, just using it as an example.

I am simply responding to someone elses comment, you would have to ask them, but I would not think the other person was implying that they only play when their favorite comes up, just using it as an example.

You're wrong. I only avoid Tokyo and Bathurst, sometimes Monza depending on my mood.

I would like my preferred combos to last longer than 1 day.

The shorter races may improve in quality because people will actually get into the rhythm of the track as opposed to just jumping in and causing a wreckfest for a few hours a night.

Like I posted before last weekend I did (or better: I had to do) many races to recover SR for proper lobbys in FIA races.

At saturday the races had been online 5 days since Monday. But I didn't have the feeling that the common knowledge of braking points and track itself was very improved. I still got shot out in turn 1 in Nürb and Interlagos many many times.
Additionally the lowered penalties made the races divebomb festivals again. Thanks PD for listening to all the rambos who cried that they can't race without having contact.

Btw, going on from matchmaking I hadn't the feeling that the player amount had increased.

:)

You're wrong. I only avoid Tokyo and Bathurst, sometimes Monza depending on my mood.

I would like my preferred combos to last longer than 1 day.

The shorter races may improve in quality because people will actually get into the rhythm of the track as opposed to just jumping in and causing a wreckfest for a few hours a night.

Wrong about what? Wrong about my opinion that I think only weekly races kinda sucks? Does that mean I have to race every day now even though I may not care for the track? I never knew that responding to a forum could have such severe consequences.

QUOTE="Krypton78, post: 12439262, member: 294567"]Like I posted before last weekend I did (or better: I had to do) many races to recover SR for proper lobbys in FIA races.

At saturday the races had been online 5 days since Monday. But I didn't have the feeling that the common knowledge of braking points and track itself was very improved. I still got shot out in turn 1 in Nürb and Interlagos many many times.
Additionally the lowered penalties made the races divebomb festivals again. Thanks PD for listening to all the rambos who cried that they can't race without having contact.

Btw, going on from matchmaking I hadn't the feeling that the player amount had increased.[/QUOTE]

Yeah hey? Where are all of the hoards of people now racing that were not racing when they were daily races? The weekly that I raced had a whole 10 cars, all were SR S, but DR ranged from DR D to DRA+, that makes for a pretty tight 10 car field.............said nobody ever!!!

Last edited:
I like it this week, plenty time to enjoy Mount Panorama to the maximum. I've grown to like Interlagos last week driving different cars there while building up my longest clean streak so far (23 races)

So. I'm slowly starting to change my opinion on what's 'better'. Still it would be nice to have both or perhaps race A to change daily, B every 3 days, C for the week. Then put 16 cars in race A as well and make it as long as race B. (It often is already anyway)

Wrong about what? Wrong about my opinion that I think only weekly races kinda sucks? Does that mean I have to race every day now even though I may not care for the track? I never knew that responding to a forum could have such severe consequences.

QUOTE="Krypton78, post: 12439262, member: 294567"]Like I posted before last weekend I did (or better: I had to do) many races to recover SR for proper lobbys in FIA races.

Btw, going on from matchmaking I hadn't the feeling that the player amount had increased.

Yeah hey? Where are all of the horses of people now racing that were not racing when they were daily races? The weekly that I raced had a whole 10 cars, all were SR S, but DR ranged from DR D to DRA+, that makes for a pretty tight 10 car field.............said nobody ever!!![/QUOTE]

What horses of people are you referring to?

Yeah hey? Where are all of the horses of people now racing that were not racing when they were daily races? The weekly that I raced had a whole 10 cars, all were SR S, but DR ranged from DR D to DRA+, that makes for a pretty tight 10 car field.............said nobody ever!!!

What horses of people are you referring to?[/QUOTE]

It was supposed to be hoards but auto-correct had a better idea:lol:

https://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/gtsport/news/00_3960825.html

This big change deserves its own thread. Are people happy with this? This has ruined my day! We had this set up at the start of the game and people didn't enjoy it. Isn't that why they changed it daily races? Think about it. Lets say the weekly race list is a set of three tracks you typically despise. You might not pick up the game for an entire week now instead of a day? Doesn't that push players away? Doesn't that hurt the player count? This is a horrible, not asked for, unnecessary change. We needed an EXTENSION of the daily race slots. Not a continuance of crap tracks for a week. I am furious. How do you feel? Discuss.

Did a search and this thread didn't come up. I'd even voted on it previously too! :lol:
We need daily changes back or at least have both...

IMO, if they are sticking with having the races weekly, they need to rename them 'Weekly Races' and also I think they should at least offer more choice with at least 6 races to choose from.

Some weeks, like this week, they give you two 'one make' races that probably not many folks are interested in. Then they have to wait another week before they get switched around.

They could do so much more with the Daily Race feature, as well as the Mileage Exchange, but PD just seem to be happy to put so little effort in to each feature.

I love GT Sport just because of the sport mode and the daily races! (despite of its shortage of tracks)
Now I play only 1 time in the whole week. Terrible!
I completely agree that we need daily races back. urgent!

Bring back daily races. I only use GT Sport mode in the game now and I log in to see what the races are. If I don't like any of them then that's it for the week! I used to like getting up early at the weekend when the new races start at 8am ish. That meant I had a chance of pole and winning.

Weekly is better, imo, because it allows people to become very accustomed to the track and opponents. I found daily races very aggressive while weekly races become more chilled out, people give more space and I get more chances to race any given preferred track / car combo because I now won't miss it if I'm busy for a day.

Weekly is better, imo, because it allows people to become very accustomed to the track and opponents. I found daily races very aggressive while weekly races become more chilled out, people give more space and I get more chances to race any given preferred track / car combo because I now won't miss it if I'm busy for a day.

Problem is that people might be abandoning the game because of the change to weeklies,a mixture of Dailies and Weeklies is the best option.

Problem is that people might be abandoning the game because of the change to weeklies

Not really.

21BDB87F-CBBC-4D8E-909D-99606C2AE234.jpeg

There was an abandonment of the game much much earlier than the change of dailies to weeklies.

An abandonment because of daily event rotating weekly is not a thing.

Bring back daily races. I only use GT Sport mode in the game now and I log in to see what the races are. If I don't like any of them then that's it for the week! I used to like getting up early at the weekend when the new races start at 8am ish. That meant I had a chance of pole and winning.

I couldn't agree more!! I still do not care for the weekly "daily" races. I think I put in a couple of of practice laps 2 or 3 times since the change. It's good for my SR though, been stuck on 99 since the end of July. If we have not been getting new content and expensive cars that you need to grind for I wouldn't even bother to turn GTS on. I will be playing Forza 7 shortly, glad I have not even opened the package yet, just gotta grind out $25 million more to buy the last 2 cars.

Not really.

View attachment 769246

There was an abandonment of the game much much earlier than the change of dailies to weeklies.

An abandonment because of daily event rotating weekly is not a thing.
9d11112cfe8566325cf3fdbf4090b80b.png

I don't really think it's conclusive to say that weekly races haven't decreased the player count because weekly activity hasn't dropped. I, for one, now play the game once or twice a week, as opposed to nearly every day like I did a couple of months ago.

that spelling mistake doesn't really help my point lol

9d11112cfe8566325cf3fdbf4090b80b.png

I don't really think it's conclusive to say that weekly races haven't decreased the player count because weekly activity hasn't dropped. I, for one, now play the game once or twice a week, as opposed to nearly every day like I did a couple of months ago.

that spelling mistake doesn't really help my point lol

If it has dropped its next to impossible to attribute it to any one factor. My point was to do with abandonment, which suggests hay bales being blown down streets of popularity, as opposed to dropped which suggests a sum of people less.

What is clear is that there was an abandonment of about 50,000 players from week 15 to week 30, and then from week 30 to week 50 its kind of balanced.

A27DEEBD-8F05-467F-BD9F-29D4F73493C2.jpeg

Daily figures show much of the same. What is important is that the true decline in numbers doesn’t get masked by dailies changing to weeklies. Sport Modes inability to keep players engaged is not the reason “the bring back dailies” crowd would like you to believe.

Back