Daily races are now WEEKLY races (POLL)

Do you want DAILY races or WEEKLY races?

• Total voters
United States
Indiana
pie4july
https://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/gtsport/news/00_3960825.html

Startingon Monday, July 30, 2018, we will be changing the update interval for dailyrace events from every day to 1 week.

Thiswill be implemented from the end of the server maintenance on that day.
Thehosting hours of the races will not change.

Please continue to enjoy Gran Turismo Sport.

This big change deserves its own thread. Are people happy with this? This has ruined my day! We had this set up at the start of the game and people didn't enjoy it. Isn't that why they changed it daily races? Think about it. Lets say the weekly race list is a set of three tracks you typically despise. You might not pick up the game for an entire week now instead of a day? Doesn't that push players away? Doesn't that hurt the player count? This is a horrible, not asked for, unnecessary change. We needed an EXTENSION of the daily race slots. Not a continuance of crap tracks for a week. I am furious. How do you feel? Discuss.

I'm not adverse to them playing around with Sport mode... imo they are free to try new things to make it more fun and interesting.
For me I think it would be an improvement, I struggle to get enough free time to do more than one Sport mode race and some quali time in. Having a week would allow me and everyone else to be properly accustomed to the tracks and cars, which should make the races closer and more fun.

This has ruined my day!

Shame

Not ideal - but then again there are some days I like the track roster but miss out on the day to play online so in that respect I guess it gives you ample amount of time to race..

Agree there should be a rota.. some cycle on daily.. every other day and then a week running that would cater for all needs and wants..

Hardly makes me furious though, its a game.

So, the game has been out, what, only 9 or 10 months, and they're already beginning to slow up the server side effort.

Now admittedly this will have little effect on me as I tend to be hot lapper rather than a racer (after years of driving in traffic jams it's nice to have the road all to myself), but it is nevertheless disappointing when you see this for what it probably is, which is less investment and resources given to the server side of things.

I'm not adverse to them playing around with Sport mode... imo they are free to try new things to make it more fun and interesting.
For me I think it would be an improvement, I struggle to get enough free time to do more than one Sport mode race and some quali time in. Having a week would allow me and everyone else to be properly accustomed to the tracks and cars, which should make the races closer and more fun.

Don't you think this may hurt the player count? We all have tracks that despise. I was never afraid to skip a day if I didn't find an event I was happy with. Now those events will last for a whole week. What if I don't see events that I enjoy back to back? Instead of not playing for two days, that's now two weeks or more that I wouldn't want to pick up the game.

Its a silly choice. We had it in the beginning of the game and they changed it because people didn't like it. Daily races made people play more. That's why people were so excited when @Litchi and then later @Milouse had daily race schedules out. We were able to plan out when which days we wanted to play entirely based off the race selection.

By doing this, some players will not play for a week or more and may eventually get wrapped up in new games as their "daily gamer" and may put GTS down for good. This is a mistake, this was not asked for by the majority at all.

Don't you think this may hurt the player count? We all have tracks that despise. I was never afraid to skip a day if I didn't find an event I was happy with. Now those events will last for a whole week. What if I don't see events that I enjoy back to back? Instead of not playing for two days, that's now two weeks or more that I wouldn't want to pick up the game.

Not really though, it will just force people to learn and get better at tracks they don't like, like how it was in the beta. I hated Brands prior to the GT Sport beta and now it's one of my strongest tracks.
Like I said, I also think it'll help everyone learn tracks and cars, rather than a semi-mad-rush before it changes to something else...

This is a double edge sword for me.

Because usually the daily races I scout is always Circuit De La Sarthe. My 4 wins came from this circuit.

So If I get to race on it for a week is good news.

But tracks that im crap on going for a week will put me off.

There were discussions about this in every topic. Thanks for opening one topic specially for this. Seems a very important subject since GTS was all about sportmode but not with this update.

Lets see what everybody will vote for and what the comments will be. I think the amount of players will drastically go down.

Probably they were not thinking and got some complaints of people missing out some races or some combo’s were only during the weekend. Nice fix for those few complaints but the real train of complaints will start now.

I think there biggest mistake ever. I am sure it was a lot of work, but half of this forum would be gladly helping PD out doing this for free.

Nope, terrible idea. I just recently started in Sports Mode and I found that my biggest strength is adapting quickly to unfamiliar track/car combos. Most of my wins come from Daily A (using road cars that people rarely use) or on long tracks such as La Sarthe/Nurburgring (because people never bother to qualify). In most of those races I can qualify on pole and win comfortably in 1-2 goes. If the roster is **** for one day, that's fine, just wait for 24h.

If it's changed weekly, then people who can spend HOURS perfecting their lap will just run away with the win every time. I only have time to do 1 race on weekdays, and at most 1-2 hours on weekends. No chance I can catch the front runners if that's the case.

Bloody 🤬 PD. Just less than 1 year into the game and you're already being lazy??? It's not even that much work setting 3 car/track combos a day! I bet their programmer can even spend a few minutes making a randomizer program to do it for them!

Worst feature of the update for me :grumpy:

Can't say this affects me since I've only done 17 sport mode races since November, but it does sound like an odd decision.

Perhaps they're going to introduce other new daily / weekly challenges.

Funny that when the daily races were weekly in the beginning and they changed them to daily people complained about not able to adapt to the track every day but now people are used to it and complain again. I always hated the weekly schedule so I was glad the changed it to daily. There is probably a good reason the change it back (statistic comparison I guess) but I hope they also try variations of both.

I am not furious about this change at all, in fact I welcome it.

Whilst I know you like you're daily race fix for me I don't have a lot of time to go racing as I work during the
day and then when I get home I usually have other important things to do and quite often I am out and about
doing things and don't have time to play.

Daily Races were too much for me and I like the fact I now know what the tracks and cars are going to be
for the week which means I can be more flexible in my gaming and not have to play the game every day
just to take part in races.

This change clearly will not be for everyone but for some of us it's actually a help.

https://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/gtsport/news/00_3960825.html

This big change deserves its own thread. Are people happy with this? This has ruined my day! We had this set up at the start of the game and people didn't enjoy it. Isn't that why they changed it daily races? Think about it. Lets say the weekly race list is a set of three tracks you typically despise. You might not pick up the game for an entire week now instead of a day? Doesn't that push players away? Doesn't that hurt the player count? This is a horrible, not asked for, unnecessary change. We needed an EXTENSION of the daily race slots. Not a continuance of crap tracks for a week. I am furious. How do you feel? Discuss.

Not a fan of the current combo on offer, now for week, BUT.... Think of it this way - When it changes to 3 you do really like, then well, completely different story!

I like the idea as I have a busy life with responsibilities. I don't have time to play all day, day in day out like I used to. So getting a good time down would set you up for qualifying all week long.

In my opinion it suits me. But yeah, not a fan of what's on offer for the week.

Like most of you, I think it is a poor change. Let aside possibility of poor races for the week, there are also some negative impacts:

- Will hated courses be part of the daily races much more? I doubt they will allow a Blue Moon Speedway Oval to occupy Race C anymore..

- A benefit daily rotation races have is the familiarity racing against certain people when their favourite combo comes up. With a weekly schedule, I don't think the same drivers will come up that often

I don't really know the last tame I did a sport mode race. Lately I have been doing scheduled lobby races and as of this past weekend, spamming Ni No Kuni 2. Good JRPG to pick up.

I'm not really that fussed about the sport races anymore.

It might have been fine if there were like 6 races to choose from instead of just 3 but that would've probably stretched the playerbase so thin that certain races would end up with only a few players. Or as a compromise they could've changed only one of those races every day. So each race would go on for 3 days but there would be a new one every day.

So it would be like this:

Day 1: Race A changes, Race B continue, Race C continues
Day 2: Race A continues, Race B changes, Race C continues
Day 3: Race A continues, Race B continues, Race C changes
Day 4: Race A changes, Race B continues, Race C continues
Day 5: [...]

Last edited:
Thanks for this thread, I was not aware of this major change. I think that Daily was the best format. And you're totally right TheGeologist saying that "by doing this, some players will not play for a week or more and may eventually get wrapped up in new games as their "daily gamer" and may put GTS down for good. This is a mistake, this was not asked for by the majority at all."
I'm part of these players, I'll stop GTS for a whole week if I don't like the combos...

Yeah I do agree this is only a negative when it comes to active players in the core part of the game, seems a weird design choice unless they have something up their sleeve.

Most obvious 5 minutes of programming in history to bump the credits earned from Sport Mode to encourage participation to make up for this instead of grinding Blue Moon, but I guess that won't be happening any more with the microtransactions :lol:

Latest Posts

Back