Daily races are now WEEKLY races (POLL)

Do you want DAILY races or WEEKLY races?

• Total voters
There are times in the past I have missed a car/trackcombo and not had the chance again for months so dailies were to quick imo. For those people in work, it gave little time for qually and racing.

I prefer non daily races because I could spend a few hours qualifying then race for the rest of the week knowing my qually time's good. More racing less hot laps.

I understand people who do not like this though, so maybe the 3day cycle as mentioned earlier by @VFOURMAX1 would be a happy medium. Maybe a weekly race, 3 day race and a daily?
I prefer weekly race. I can only clocked 1:10 - 1:11 at tsukuba rave C at early week, now after few races and practise, I can go 1:08/1:09

View attachment 769255

Daily figures show much of the same. What is important is that the true decline in numbers doesn’t get masked by dailies changing to weeklies. Sport Modes inability to keep players engaged is not the reason “the bring back dailies” crowd would like you to believe.

I dont think you can accurately determine that from the data available to us. I think there are a whole lot of people that use GTS just to do liverys and scapes pics. You can kinda see that data when you look at the number of people who have either no sport mode participation or very little. As far as using weekly numbers alone that still does not prove anything, they could have equal amounts of weekly participants but maybe people are racing only 1-2 times per week instead of 5-6-7 days per week. Are the lobbies all pretty full when entering races now? The 1 or 2 races I entered since the change to weekly had 8 and 10 competitors respectively, that's down from the usual 16-20 that I was accustomed to. I have raced so very little since the change to weekly races that I cant tell you if those lobby numbers are accurate or not.

I dont think you can accurately determine that from the data available to us. I think there are a whole lot of people that use GTS just to do liverys and scapes pics. You can kinda see that data when you look at the number of people who have either no sport mode participation or very little. As far as using weekly numbers alone that still does not prove anything, they could have equal amounts of weekly participants but maybe people are racing only 1-2 times per week instead of 5-6-7 days per week. Are the lobbies all pretty full when entering races now? The 1 or 2 races I entered since the change to weekly had 8 and 10 competitors respectively, that's down from the usual 16-20 that I was accustomed to. I have raced so very little since the change to weekly races that I cant tell you if those lobby numbers are accurate or not.

Theres no need to accurately read the data, comparing pre and post change shows virtually the same.

It makes no difference if a single player plays once or twice, instead of more, the chart you have included in my quote is of daily figures not weekly. If your not happy comparing weekly, compare the daily data.

Theres no need to accurately read the data, comparing pre and post change shows virtually the same.

It makes no difference if a single player plays once or twice, instead of more, the chart you have included in my quote is of daily figures not weekly. If your not happy comparing weekly, compare the daily data.

I see, I was reading your reply on my phone, the words say "weeky or weekly active players" and I thought thats what your graph included, I overlooked the header on the graph, I thought it was a copy of the earlier graph a couple posts up. I agree, the daily players look the same, are those game players or sport mode participants? Weekly races still suck.

I see, I was reading your reply on my phone, the words say "weeky or weekly active players" and I thought thats what your graph included, I overlooked the header on the graph, I thought it was a copy of the earlier graph a couple posts up. I agree, the daily players look the same, are those game players or sport mode participants? Weekly races still suck.
Both graphs are for sport mode participants.

With the disconnect problems I am surprised that sport mode particpation hasnt taken more of a hit.

For me the sweet spot is somewhere between 3-5 day turn around. With practice for FIA and running sport mode I do find that come a Saturday and Sunday I have less enthusiasm with the same races.

Both graphs are for sport mode participants.

With the disconnect problems I am surprised that sport mode particpation hasnt taken more of a hit.

For me the sweet spot is somewhere between 3-5 day turn around. With practice for FIA and running sport mode I do find that come a Saturday and Sunday I have less enthusiasm with the same races.

Same, I kinda get complacent with the same race at the end of the week and stop improving. I still run them for fun yet have peaked on or by Thursday. Perhaps change races on Monday and Friday. 4 days in the week for the same races, then 3 days including the weekend. That should be plenty time to get some good races in without it going stale. Plus for those only playing in the weekend, having fresh races on Friday would level the playing field somewhat. Now they're confronted with qualifying times that have been improved for 5 days.

Once every 3 days and stagger them so there’s a new race every day!! :)

I think that perhaps somewhere in between may work.

Do a 3 day rotation on all races with one race being new every day, gives both camps something and neither side everything.

Gives a new race each day and those that have little time more of an opportunity at each race as well.

I had said this myself back in August and I still think it is the best solution for a race to be up long enough for the racers to work at running better times and lines with fewer mistakes but still offer an often enough change to eliminate boredom or not having a combination that you may want to run for an extended time.

Although I don’t know the exact stats I cannot believe this weekly set up is benefiting the player base numbers for sport mode. On the rare occasions there is a selection I really want to race in there seems to be poor matchmaking where everyone from S to D level drivers are in the same lobby (often early evening in the UK) which is little fun for anyone, well aside from the one or two top drivers... who rather inevitably win on most occasions

I prefer weekly race. I can only clocked 1:10 - 1:11 at tsukuba rave C at early week, now after few races and practise, I can go 1:08/1:09
This is the only Pro of weekly. People get better and this also results in cleaner races.
Obviously, it also gets harder for you, if you start at the end of the week.

Back