Daily races are now WEEKLY races (POLL)

Do you want DAILY races or WEEKLY races?

• Total voters
Anyone interested in racing with an established group of racers feel free to send me a friend request. We are starting a N600 and Multi-Class leagues soon. Great group of guys. Some of us racing together since GT5. www.readyornotracing.com

PSN ID: Obi-Tonobi

I can't comment,never played sport mode,hated the stock tuning,but I feel for you guys that do,,
I'm guessing you've heard this a couple of thousand times, but...….you really should try sport mode!
The more I think about this the more I believe that GT (Sport) is no longer a game but even more of a thinly veiled talent spotting tool than GT6... that we've (again) paid for!

Daily races only give you a brief snapshot of ability before everything is reset. This actually benefits the more casual, less alien, racers but doesn't really let PD drill down into who's really the best of the best.

Daily races stop all people having too much practice; you jump in, like everyone else; (hopefully) have a blast, like everyone else; feel good / bad about your abilities based on how you've done against your own perceived skill level, like everyone else; I've you feel you did well, then great, if not, not to worry, there is a new challenge awaiting tomorrow.

Weekly races encourage those with more time on their hands to do lap-after-lap, day-after-day, constantly eeking out tenths or hundredths, pushing "normal" drivers, who can only jump in for 1 or 2 hours once, or maybe twice, a week, further and further and further down the rankings. Yes, it may give casual racers, who see a track/class/car combo they like on Monday and think "great, I've got the day off on Wednesday, I can do it then", but by Wednesday aliens, with more time, will be dominating the rankings and unless you're an alien yourself you probably won't be achieving anywhere near the rankings you previously got. You'll be then stuck with that disheartening and discouraging feeling that you're not as good as you thought you were, and less likely to play Sport Mode later in the week if you get chance.

Weekly races just give the 1% of aliens more chances to battle it out and constantly try to best each other, this only benefits PD for their GT academy. When you do encounter alien(s), who've had more time to practice, you, as a casual jump-in-once-a-week gamer are not going to beat them under any circumstances unless they make a catastrophic error.

Again, for the reasons given above, your relative rankings will be worse as there is always going to be aliens who can put in far more time than you do and utterly dominate rankings for weeks at a time. You may get a little more time / chance to race on combos you like but those combos will come round far less often.

So, for the average gamer, lower rankings and less combos. As I said, this is only really designed to benefit PD.

I think it would have the opposite impact. What marks out the top drivers for me is the ability to put in top times in any car/track and whilst under pressure, like in FIA event qualifiers. If there is talent to be detected through a game, surely that is it. Real drivers earn their money by being adaptable and learning quickly.Any relatively competent player can set a good qualifying time given enough time to do so. The aliens can exploit a car/track combo within the confines of a daily race schedule. Given a whole week, less competent players could catch up. There's a ceiling, the aliens reach it quickly.

What marks out the top drivers for me is the ability to put in top times in any car/track and whilst under pressure, like in FIA event qualifiers. If there is talent to be detected through a game, surely that is it. Real drivers earn their money by being adaptable and learning quickly.Any relatively competent player can set a good qualifying time given enough time to do so.

So you think F1 drivers, for instance, after spending a week or two lounging around on their private yachts, get on their private planes, arrive at the track, jump into their car and set a blistering quali lap?

I wonder why F1 teams spend fortunes, that only we could dream about, on these alone?

Edit: I love Webbers understatement: "It might look wild from the outside, but from the cockpit it feels alright" :lol::lol::lol:

Nobody ever listens to me, but just in case someone does decide to, my solution would be:

Race A1: N-Class/One-Make sprint race, equivalent to 1 lap of the longest track (N24)*; updated daily
Race A2: N-Class/One-Make sprint race, equivalent to 1.5 laps of N24*; updated weekly
Race A3: N-Class/One-Make race, equivalent to 2 laps of N24**; updated weekly

Race B1: Gr.4/One-Make sprint race, equivalent to 1 lap of N24*; updated daily
Race B2: Gr.4/One-Make sprint race, equivalent to 2 laps of N24*; updated weekly
Race B3: Gr.4/One-Make race, equivalent to 3 laps of N24**; updated weekly

Race C1: Gr.3/One-Make sprint race, equivalent to 2 laps of N24*; updated daily
Race C2: Gr.3/One-Make sprint race, equivalent to 2.5 laps of N24*; updated weekly
Race C3: Gr.3/One-Make race, equivalent to 3 laps of N24**; updated weekly

Race D1: Rotating (Gr.2/Gr.1/Gr.X)/One-Make sprint race, equivalent to 2 laps of N24*; updated daily
Race D2: Rotating (Gr.2/Gr.1/Gr.X)/One-Make race, equivalent to 3 laps of N24**; updated weekly

Race E1: N-Class/One-Make endurance race, equivalent to 4 laps of N24**; updated weekly
Race E2: Gr.4/One-Make endurance race, equivalent to 5 laps of N24**; updated weekly
Race E3: Gr.3/One-Make endurance race, equivalent to 6 laps of N24**; updated weekly
Race E4: Rotating (Gr.2/Gr.1/Gr.X)/One-Make endurance race, equivalent to 7 laps of N24**; updated weekly

*By distance
**By time

Any complaints there? I'll note that this only really neglects the Gr.B cars and rally tracks, but hands up who cares? Anyone? Bueller?

You may be spreading the butter a little thinly there but I think you could dilute that down to 4 races and still get the numbers in. A and B as double length sprints to let the running order settle down easier, C as it is now (maybe make it 25 minutes) and D being double the length of C, needing two stops.

I'd be tempted to run less favoured tracks in all the races and with the sprints being less manic, I wouldn't ignore them anywhere near as much.

Well just great. Now instead of one day of megane trophy one make races, oops, I mean gr. 4 races, they'll last for a week!

I'll just spend my time creating racing suits to match my cars I suppose. At least the new track is there for a week.

That's genuinely the most pathetic complaint I have heard in a long time.

Why is that? Do you think we owe PSN fees for saving our game progress and losing cars for us?? Or do I owe them for the CE 34878-0 blue screen that I get once at least every other day that nobody seems to have an answer/fix for?

I'm all for this change back to weekly schedules.

I basically stopped playing Sport mode when they switched to daily updates - I need time to sink my teeth into a track/car combo, qualify well and find my rhythm. As it has been, if I want to do any racing at all I have to skip qually, jump straight into an actual race without any practice time and only get one shot at it before my other commitments call me away. The next day I'm back at square one. That is not how I like to play.

For me, this will bring the game back to life. I've already started by spending this evening in qualification time trials ready to race tomorrow.

I feel that your sport ratings should count in lobby races too. You can set a lobby up based on your sport ratings but you can not gain or lose ratings. Would be a nice touch to add that feature.

That's great topic for a separate thread. Actually I believe lobby races cannot affect driver DR/SR due to FIA restrictions (they are somehow official).

But I'd love some quasi matchmaking in lobby races or some advanced filter. Imagine that you can can create lobby which is "SR sensitive" and " DR sensitive".
Then other players could choose to race with players of similar SR. The game could filter the lobbys witch are "SR sensitive". Than you could narrow lobby search to only those in which players of similar DR are playing.

I'm all for this change back to weekly schedules.

I basically stopped playing Sport mode when they switched to daily updates - I need time to sink my teeth into a track/car combo, qualify well and find my rhythm. As it has been, if I want to do any racing at all I have to skip qually, jump straight into an actual race without any practice time and only get one shot at it before my other commitments call me away. The next day I'm back at square one. That is not how I like to play.

For me, this will bring the game back to life. I've already started by spending this evening in qualification time trials ready to race tomorrow.

I think you will basically be in the same boat competitive wise. The people who have a lot of time to play will be much faster by comparison. If I decide to keep playing I would expect my lap times progress substantially throughout the week, but so will everyone elses

Don't you think this may hurt the player count? We all have tracks that despise. I was never afraid to skip a day if I didn't find an event I was happy with. Now those events will last for a whole week. What if I don't see events that I enjoy back to back? Instead of not playing for two days, that's now two weeks or more that I wouldn't want to pick up the game.

Its a silly choice. We had it in the beginning of the game and they changed it because people didn't like it. Daily races made people play more. That's why people were so excited when @Litchi and then later @Milouse had daily race schedules out. We were able to plan out when which days we wanted to play entirely based off the race selection.

By doing this, some players will not play for a week or more and may eventually get wrapped up in new games as their "daily gamer" and may put GTS down for good. This is a mistake, this was not asked for by the majority at all.

A lot of good points. I think maybe changing it to this way will give them more data on car and track combos though. If a week goes by and player count drops, they know for sure people hate that track and or car combo. lol It really is a double edge sword though.

For me, this week I have 2 races to choose from basically. I really like Tsukuba and teamed up with the S660 is a good fun idea. THen the "endurance sprint" seems like a fun pairing also. BUt, I absolutely despise the Aslace Village track. There is no car combo I would ever drive on that track. I don't like the looks of that track, the flow or anything about it. To me it is just terrible. Worst track they ever created in my humble opinion. So it does irritate me that it will be sitting around for a week and I have to wait to get another track to choose from in Sport Mode.

What needs and or should happen is 3 daily raced and 1 weekly race. That would give everybody 4 events to choose from and one of them being an even you get to fine tune over the course of a week. But for now, going back to weekly seems like an odd step that I am both for and against. Maybe leaning on the against side of things.

Of course they could always make 1 daily race, 1 weekly race and 1 race that hangs around for 3 days and then changes.

Why is that? Do you think we owe PSN fees for saving our game progress and losing cars for us?? Or do I owe them for the CE 34878-0 blue screen that I get once at least every other day that nobody seems to have an answer/fix for?

You are aware you're paying for PlayStation Network & not just Gran Turismo? And that there is literally zero link between PD putting a race on every week and Sony fees? It's almost like their isn't a game to be played and Gran Turismo Sport is just 3 races when you boot it up...

One positive is it could help refine the penalties.

For example on everyone's dreaded Monza. A week long trial would give PD a week to refine the penalty system. Like what constitutes obstructive contact.

40% of them have the Racing Etiquette trophy
May I remind you that this trophy is obtainable without the need of a PSN+ subscription and so there will be many in that percentage who, like me, only got it to take part in the Qualifying Time Trials and never enter a race because that's impossible without the subscription.

I feel that your sport ratings should count in lobby races too. You can set a lobby up based on your sport ratings but you can not gain or lose ratings. Would be a nice touch to add that feature.

on the Surface it Sounds like a good idea, But it would become a way to Exploit the system.
Example: Make a Lobby of close friends, and every one trades start and finish places, and makes sure there is no contact.
everyone gains.. and climbs up the levels.

I think you will basically be in the same boat competitive wise. The people who have a lot of time to play will be much faster by comparison. If I decide to keep playing I would expect my lap times progress substantially throughout the week, but so will everyone elses

It's not about being competitive, it's about feeling comfortable with my racing - like I actually know what I'm doing and have practiced, instead of taking a wild swing at it because I don't have the chance to do anything else.

So you think F1 drivers, for instance, after spending a week or two lounging around on their private yachts, get on their private planes, arrive at the track, jump into their car and set a blistering quali lap?

I wonder why F1 teams spend fortunes, that only we could dream about, on these alone?

Edit: I love Webbers understatement: "It might look wild from the outside, but from the cockpit it feels alright" :lol::lol::lol:

No of course not, but simulators and long practice sessions aside, the car and track (and the relationship between the two) are different every time the driver gets behind the wheel. And the lap that counts of course, more so with this current formula of F1 cars for example, is that single qualifying lap, performed under extreme pressure and with a track that has evolved considerably from the beginning of qualifying. The skill is in being able to adapt and learn instantly, not grind out endless laps on the simulator.

https://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/gtsport/news/00_3960825.html

This big change deserves its own thread. Are people happy with this? This has ruined my day! We had this set up at the start of the game and people didn't enjoy it. Isn't that why they changed it daily races? Think about it. Lets say the weekly race list is a set of three tracks you typically despise. You might not pick up the game for an entire week now instead of a day? Doesn't that push players away? Doesn't that hurt the player count? This is a horrible, not asked for, unnecessary change. We needed an EXTENSION of the daily race slots. Not a continuance of crap tracks for a week. I am furious. How do you feel? Discuss.
Bad move GT sport. Maybe switching the races out every other day would be OK. But as others have pointed out a week of Bluemoon speedway would definitely cut down my track time. Maybe they should make three race C options. I never run the other two races anyway, to few laps in those races and it just breeds desperate driving. On another note, I have recently noticed that a lot of the top drivers are using counter steering assist and traction control. These should not be allowed for drivers who have an A ating or better. Put on your big boy pants and learn how to control your car.

Last edited:
This is a double edge sword for me.

Because usually the daily races I scout is always Circuit De La Sarthe. My 4 wins came from this circuit.

So If I get to race on it for a week is good news.

But tracks that im crap on going for a week will put me off.

This. I seem to ALWAYS miss bathurst so at least i will get it now but still, man a week of say Tokyo, Alsace and something reversed would kill my week.

Nobody ever listens to me, but just in case someone does decide to, my solution would be:

Race A1: N-Class/One-Make sprint race, equivalent to 1 lap of the longest track (N24)*; updated daily
Race A2: N-Class/One-Make sprint race, equivalent to 1.5 laps of N24*; updated weekly
Race A3: N-Class/One-Make race, equivalent to 2 laps of N24**; updated weekly

Race B1: Gr.4/One-Make sprint race, equivalent to 1 lap of N24*; updated daily
Race B2: Gr.4/One-Make sprint race, equivalent to 2 laps of N24*; updated weekly
Race B3: Gr.4/One-Make race, equivalent to 3 laps of N24**; updated weekly

Race C1: Gr.3/One-Make sprint race, equivalent to 2 laps of N24*; updated daily
Race C2: Gr.3/One-Make sprint race, equivalent to 2.5 laps of N24*; updated weekly
Race C3: Gr.3/One-Make race, equivalent to 3 laps of N24**; updated weekly

Race D1: Rotating (Gr.2/Gr.1/Gr.X)/One-Make sprint race, equivalent to 2 laps of N24*; updated daily
Race D2: Rotating (Gr.2/Gr.1/Gr.X)/One-Make race, equivalent to 3 laps of N24**; updated weekly

Race E1: N-Class/One-Make endurance race, equivalent to 4 laps of N24**; updated weekly
Race E2: Gr.4/One-Make endurance race, equivalent to 5 laps of N24**; updated weekly
Race E3: Gr.3/One-Make endurance race, equivalent to 6 laps of N24**; updated weekly
Race E4: Rotating (Gr.2/Gr.1/Gr.X)/One-Make endurance race, equivalent to 7 laps of N24**; updated weekly

*By distance
**By time

Any complaints there? I'll note that this only really neglects the Gr.B cars and rally tracks, but hands up who cares? Anyone? Bueller?
Only thing I would add to this is that you would get a few races with like not many people in them, the math making would be awful trying to fill out the grids
3-6 is plenty it concentrates the amount of people playing into a smaller category meaning more equal and full grids
I think that many races is too many tbh

Back