Daily Races with Friends, Fridays @ 9pm EST. All Drivers Welcome.

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 3,898 comments
I went bit manic in the Golf sorry to whoever I hit, I still haven’t got used to driving it yet.

I quit at LS, I still haven’t found a car in that category that I like around it.

I was close with Raph at the speedway. I should of gone longer on the tyres to save time, was coasting around at 110-120mph on FM6 but he somehow got past me and went 20-30s ahead.
I know I messed up one of the laps not coming into the pits so I was crawling around.

Bathurst was going well until PD spoilt it with the maintenance message, Pigems was right behind me, then I went and put it into the wall :banghead:

I switched to MT just for this race using 3 & 4th, I was probably burning up too much fuel then.
Trying to hold the DS4 trigger / bumper in position in anything higher seems impossible, think I might have to map the overtake/drs but to something else since I have a tendency to lift off the accelerator using square & R2 in tandem.

Great night of racing, thanks again to @Pigems for hosting and coming up with a diabolical bonus race again. Had a bad run spinning out entering pits lap 2, ended up reset on front stretch having to go around again on empty. Sorry to @Qyn as I think my spinning disaster got him. Did manage 3 lap stints though.
No worries here bruh. I was having a blast!
I went bit manic in the Golf sorry to whoever I hit, I still haven’t got used to driving it yet.

I quit at LS, I still haven’t found a car in that category that I like around it.
We rubbed paint at the chicane at GP. I don't think you saw me on your outside before the 1st turn in. :dopey: No worries though, I wasn't sure how I was gonna handle that situation anyway, so thanks for making it a easy decision for me. :lol: 👍
Hehe you gunna be ready for Super GT?

I was having an intense battle with @Qyn . Ever seen two tortoises racing? :lol: I didn't mess around with fuel mapping. Fuel map 1, as soon as auto drive let go, bang it up to 7th, then on the throttle for a few seconds, then off. Rinse and repeat ;). Coast into the corners, then part way round blip the throttle a few times. For some weird reason it felt like the pits kept vanishing. I drive past the pits to finish the first lap, drive past the strait on the opposite side of the track, then coming round the corner ready to pit, and it's gone :eek:! I swear the pit lane was swapping sides!
Bruuuuuuuh, I was laughing so hard! :lol: I kept getting you in the pits, only to have you catch right back up to me lol. After you made your move to get around me at the "correct" pit entrance, I noticed you had 0 fuel, and I still had some in the tank. Everytime I came out ahead, I thought I was good and clear. I look in my rearview and think "awww 🤬, here he comes again!" :lol: Did you see me dip down like I was gonna pit in the same place? :crazy:
Just had a few laps run at the lobby settings. 12 laps with no crashes, not used up a boatload of fuel and almost no tire wear. Speed was an issue but whatever. Once I finish the gin I will give it another go. I managed to catch and leapfrog you and @Qyn by doing my 3 lap stints. Was absolute rubbish otherwise. FM6 short shift hard to 7th gear and hold it to 135mph. Draft anything moving at all. Gun it into the last turn on lap 3 and still roll into the pits at over 100mph. After I got lapped at the start with my disaster it was my only hope
One day I'll quit being lazy, and actually work on strategizing for these things. I was wondering how the 🤬 you guys were going so quick. I think when all was said and done, I was down 2 laps. :scared: :bowdown:

@Pigems, bruh you're a damn fool! :lol: The wife and I just had a good hard laugh over your Bugatti livery. I didn't notice the door yesterday (glad I didn't). I would've been no good to drive :lol:.

Question for everyone. Was DRS even effective during the bonus race?

:D
Qyn
We rubbed paint at the chicane at GP. I don't think you saw me on your outside before the 1st turn in. :dopey: No worries though, I wasn't sure how I was gonna handle that situation anyway, so thanks for making it a easy decision for me. :lol: 👍
Bruuuuuuuh, I was laughing so hard! :lol: I kept getting you in the pits, only to have you catch right back up to me lol. After you made your move to get around me at the "correct" pit entrance, I noticed you had 0 fuel, and I still had some in the tank. Everytime I came out ahead, I thought I was good and clear. I look in my rearview and think "awww 🤬, here he comes again!" :lol: Did you see me dip down like I was gonna pit in the same place? :crazy:

One day I'll quit being lazy, and actually work on strategizing for these things. I was wondering how the 🤬 you guys were going so quick. I think when all was said and done, I was down 2 laps. :scared: :bowdown:

@Pigems, bruh you're a damn fool! :lol: The wife and I just had a good hard laugh over your Bugatti livery. I didn't notice the door yesterday (glad I didn't). I would've been no good to drive :lol:.

Sorry, I’m useless at side by side unless I’m using the chase view.
I ran rite into Sturk at T1 :D

Qyn

There is a plumbing company around here that has that on the doors of all their vans. I finally remembered to look it up last night to see if there were any and actually found like 5 different ones uploaded. :lol:

I didn’t have DRS mapped so couldn’t use it, but it probably would have just used more fuel. :)

@RacingGrandpa suggested a blank door number plate.

Made one for the Daily Races With Friends. :D

7431599100862169600_1.png

https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gtsport/user/decal/2295120/7431599100862169600
Oh this is so damn good!

Checking the replay, it seems pretty clear that you were trying to block me. :lol:

I just spit out my drink. Hahahaha

Qyn

Yeh. So frustrating! I was thinking "Oh yeh, I'm a legend! Passed him going into the pits..... WTF?? He's in front of me? Arrrrrrrrrgle!!!!!". I tried drafting you to save fuel, but you were being unco-operative and not taking the lines *I* wanted you to take :crazy:. But ya got me on that last lap getting into the pit ahead of me. I think I hit a wall that lap and lost a lot of momentum. If I had been watching the count down timer I would have just kept coasting past the pits :P. Was a pretty ridiculous race... only the sick and twisted mind of @Pigems coulda come up with that one! I'm pretty sure it's @sturk0167 's fault ;).

:D

Sorry, I’m useless at side by side unless I’m using the chase view.
I ran rite into Sturk at T1 :D
That's how we get better Player. :dopey: I actually put myself in a bad place. There was no way I would've been able to get through there unscathed lol. Good race though 👍

@O604 mate, yer a bloody witch! I don't know what black magic you used, but all I ended up doing was making it bigger :crazy:. I even went though and removed points, removed points and replaced them with half the number for some things, and it just grew bigger :lol:! I uploaded a couple of variations, but I had to break them up into two. Did you want me to share anyway?
20191230164518.jpg

Share please. I'm interested :)

Edit: You don't have change tracking turned on do you? That can increase file sized when you simplify the contents...

Since they are a slightly modified version of @O604 's work, I can't in good conscience release them into the wild without his approval :).

As for tracking changes.. to be honest I have no idea. If that's an Inkscape default, then probably :odd:.

Please share.👍

Done :) . I needed to do a red boarder version because I use matt black as my base body colour. I realise that you created the coloured centre versions to allow people to differentiate between DR's. If placed on the back I can see how that would allow other drivers to identify lower levels and take into account possible car control issues when side by side. Good idea 👍. With the clear centre, if people wish to use a differnt back ground colour, they can use the simple shape from the decal editor (the purple/pink on the mini), change it to whatever colour and resize it to fit.

The IMSA numbers used by @Kuraudo in his triple US track series fit nicely if you don't resize the number plate decal 👍.

Anyone interested in a race tonight? I might try to put together a New Years Enduro race. Right now I’m looking at using the Stock ‘65 Toyota Sports 800(might use Honda S800 instead though) at the Nordschleife on CS tires for 6 laps(11 min lap), with x12 tires and x10 fuel. The tires go cold at times and the car struggles to get up the big hills, so Boost will be High and so will Slipstream, the tires probably won’t need to be changed all race though.

@SpaceMaN47y0 @Dairyworker @sturk0167 @Sven Jurgens @dlshearon @Groundfish @05XR8 @JohnEB @DesertPenguin @Tea_Leaves @Invisigoth @suprajef @CrimsonKing @Stencedaddy @Trone_Colby @K1LLD0z3R @NosOsH @Bass Addict @JoeyLeonine @Qyn @FloridaFanGT @golfer07840 @whiteusagi @MaxAttack @Chevy Heavy @viper al @Mistah_MCA @GOTMAXPOWER @O604 @Cabernet @Granadier @Kevstah2004 @Leftcurl @Pelikan @The_Tullster @NoStopN @BenRod@Satomiblood @ToddSalad @splitwindow

Latest Posts

Back