Daily Races with Friends, Fridays @ 9pm EST. All Drivers Welcome.

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 3,898 comments
South Bend Motor Speedway. My cousin is in the 2nd tier (not fastest class) I think its called Sportsmans. High banked quarter mile, he runs in the 13s. His class' track record is 12.9xx or 12.8xx
Never been to US41, that road (or parts of it at least) is in Indiana for sure. We're at the very north of the state in South Bend. Named because of the bend of the river.
I’m in your town quite a bit. I’m in Indianapolis, and as much as I’d love to, I’ll probably not make it out to the 500 this year.

I had a great time last night. I totally forgot about the lobby. I’d started pounding beers after the FIA race and it caught up to me big time! :cheers: I figured I’d struggle for the fact that I had only ran the SF daily. That old Porsche is crazy! It’s like steering a Tilt-A-Whirl. :banghead:

Great time nonetheless!

I had a great time last night. I totally forgot about the lobby. I’d started pounding beers after the FIA race and it caught up to me big time! :cheers: I figured I’d struggle for the fact that I had only ran the SF daily. That old Porsche is crazy! It’s like steering a Tilt-A-Whirl. :banghead:

Great time nonetheless!

With the Speedster the trick is braking in a straight line and using its brute power to pull you out of the corner :lol::lol::lol:

Tonight Race Lobby is Officially Open, Good Luck Tonight Everyone!! :cheers:

7AA45B30-305B-4742-8A86-F8E4FCA4BE3C.jpeg

@Rexracer702 @SpaceMaN47y0 @fastone371 @Dairyworker @sturk0167 @Sven Jurgens @dlshearon @Groundfish @Vegard @Gersicer @tariklehaine @Flash_Sweden @05XR8 @Raphaele @JohnEB @DesertPenguin @Tea_Leaves @Invisigoth @suprajef @CrimsonKing @Stencedaddy @seadog777 @Trone_Colby
@K1LLD0z3R @VolkswagenX @NosOsH @Shayden_CPT @QC YALUM @Voodoovaj @Bass Addict @JoeyLeonine @Qyn @FloridaFanGT

Don’t forget to make sure you own one of the cars for race A. :)

I will always join when I can. I missed tonight with other engagements, and was only just able to run FIA at 1600 without getting in too much trouble.
This is why I don’t join a league.
I hope you guys had fun. @Pigems you are a great guy. Sorry I couldn’t make it.

Wow, impressive turnout. So many people, I can't even remember who was there. I totally though @Groundfish was there. :lol:

Thanks to the host and party guests. Great racing again this week.

Were you able to get everyone in the same lobby last night? I intended on being there but once again I was called away to perform more adult duties. What I would give to be an irresponsible 15 year old again!!!

That was another great saturday by you buddy! @Pigems
As usual a great group of guys mostly very fast and even some alien but all respectful which is the highlight. A couple bumps and some risky moves here and there but THAT is racing, never anything maliscious and where else can you go into Monza T1 in a group of 4 and come out alive and happy? lol
Cant wait till next week

Were you able to get everyone in the same lobby last night? I intended on being there but once again I was called away to perform more adult duties. What I would give to be an irresponsible 15 year old again!!!

So far we’ve all be able to run in one lobby. But I’d we keep growing like we have been we may eventually need to have a 2nd lobby so everyone gets to participate. :)

As usual a great group of guys mostly very fast and even some alien but all respectful which is the highlight. A couple bumps and some risky moves here and there but THAT is racing, never anything maliscious and where else can you go into Monza T1 in a group of 4 and come out alive and happy? lol
Cant wait till next week

Thanks man, same to you!! You’re damm fast in that GTR! That Monza race was amazing how closely packed we were yet it was so clean, with that 4 way T1 being about as good as it gets!! I can’t wait for next week already too!! :cheers:

1 race won/4 races entered. That was a stat for this week's races. Didn't participate in Race A as I need a nap there, but did join Race B where I wanted to carry all the momentum I can around DTG in the 4C.

Race B No.1 sees me finish 2nd, behind Pigems himself in the Lambo. Race B No.2 sees me got up from 11th to 6th with @suprajef winning in his all fluo orange M4. While in my journey to 6th was happening, this happened:

7061736583350715904_0.jpg

Yes, a savage divebomb where I took advantage of the 4C's better braking abilities compared to the Huracán to its fullest.

Race C rolls around and I went flying in the GT-R. Race C No.1 is my total domination with Pigems, @NosOsH, @Sven Jurgens, and SidOri all way too busy fighting for 2nd. Race C No.2 was a different story however, as I had to contend with a brief battle against Sven and having to barge through a pretty penalty prone opening created by @JohnEB as he made a mistake in Ascari.

6927187139930097152_0.jpg

The next phase is to catch the (both Canadian) leaders. A few laps of pushing meant that I was able to hang onto Pigems himself. L4 T1 is the sight of my failed defensive move, which results in me having to bump Pigems's rear end as he perfectly parked his car in front of me.

7061732178797789704_0.jpg

I soon was able to fend him off on L5 T1 by simply taking the outside for the first part of Rettifilo. Those key events allowed "Nosho The Red FC Guy" to win the race. Me and Pigems make up an all GT-R podium, with Mustangs occupying the remaining slots that are not last or second to last.

Bonus picture of this week is @O604's DTG Chinese Restaurant Racer.

6918184337175217672_0.jpg

Gr.3 at Brands Hatch would be interesting, as I had a nice showdown with yuichi-san with me in the M3 against him in the Evo last time that combo was held as a Race B. See you there!

I had to contend with a brief battle against Sven and having to barge through a pretty penalty prone opening created by @JohnEB as he made a mistake in Ascari.

Yep sure did **** that one up didn’t I? As I said, I was dealing with wheel issues as well. That’s ok, I got slammed into multiple times during the 2nd race C entering turn 1 but hell I’m in it for the fun and always enjoy racing with all of you no matter what happens. Usually it’s worth laughing off.

Cant wait till next week

The alien part kinda sucks, and our host Pigems is unfortunately for me one of those with alien speed. The best I can do is hope to keep up with him for a lap or 2 so I can learn something then make my way to the rear:cheers::):)

The alien part kinda sucks, and our host Pigems is unfortunately for me one of those with alien speed. The best I can do is hope to keep up with him for a lap or 2 so I can learn something then make my way to the rear:cheers::):)

I’m hoping to get my Alien Card some day, but I’m not quite there yet. Though I do get close to them on some combos. :)

If anyone ever has some time and wants to work or anything I’d be more than happy to jump into a lobby and help out in any way I can. I’m usually free on weeknights and weekends. :)

Last edited:
I’m hoping to get my Alien Card some day, but I’m not quite there yet. Though I do get close to them on some combos. :)

If anyone ever has some time and wants to work or anything I’d be more than happy to jump into a lobby and help out in any way I can. I’m usually free on weeknights and weekends. :)

I can attest to that, Mr. Pigems worked with me on one car track/ combo that I thought I was way off the pace on.

hey, i jumped on board for the first time last weekend. Very well organized and really enjoyed it - just a shame that it starts at 1:30am for me and i ended up lasting until 3am and tip toeing into the bedroom... the wife said 'what time is it?'.. i said 'oh not sure, about 12.30 i think' :lol:
I'll try and make it whenever i can, thanks for making it happen :cheers:

hey, i jumped on board for the first time last weekend. Very well organized and really enjoyed it - just a shame that it starts at 1:30am for me and i ended up lasting until 3am and tip toeing into the bedroom... the wife said 'what time is it?'.. i said 'oh not sure, about 12.30 i think' :lol:
I'll try and make it whenever i can, thanks for making it happen :cheers:
Hahaha, that's exactly the same as me!
She never believes me though, don't know why I bother lying!!!

of course i like to mix it up with a bit of reverse psychology as well... her: 'what time is it?'.... me: 'oh blimey it's nearly 3am'... her: 'ha, yeah right, it better not be!' me: 'haha, of course it isn't luv'

C'mon, you guys gotta start lying better. "I was just coming back to bed, I was getting a drink of water" or "I couldnt sleep so I cleaned up the house a little to save you some work, sweetheart". Of course you may have to stay up a little longer after racing and actually try to make the house look a little cleaner to pull that one off. :lol::lol::lol:

As a last resort theres always my personal favorites, " I repacked the wheel bearings on the car and I cleaned the gutters" because I know my wife isn't going to jack up the car and pull a wheel off or pull out the ladder and climb onto the roof of the house to verify my story. :cheers:

Back