Daily roulette is rigged.

• Thread starter hicker
  • 380 comments
Its extremely easy to do. Just decrease the chance you dont own and increase the others.

Imagine you're a programmer and you have two choices...

1) Create a basic algorithm intended to optimize player gifts against presumed player patience in order to maximize maximum sales.

2) Let the odds naturally play out based on the car distribution as they continually diminish as more cars are added to the game.

Option 1 would require constant retooling based on marketing and e-commerce sales in order to attempt to generate the intended result. Option 2, you don't do anything.

Option 2 seems like the most obvious issue at play.

Simply grind and buy multiple versions of each 1,000,000 plus value car and fill you garage with only them. Et voila, you are no longer getting multiple version of cars you already have loads of.
Grinding can be simple but it takes lots of time and effort. Not everyone have that time to grind that money.

Pre-determined cars are always n300-n200 or gr.3-gr.4 cars. Game simply doesnt determine anything above 1m. Which means its rigged.

My point is daily roulette is rigged. It doesnt give you anything you dont own. Always dupes.
I've won 2 Jaguar XJ13's, but it is more common for me to receive a road car. Not rigged.

Grinding can be simple but it takes lots of time and effort. Not everyone have that time to grind that money.

1*RSuZC5ZglLe7zyVcYcrmBA.jpeg

I've won 2 Jaguar XJ13's, but it is more common for me to receive a road car. Not rigged.
Im tired from saying same thing over and over again. Pd changed daily roulette chances. You wont get anything more expensive then 5m anymore. Also cars that came from roulette tends to be the car you already own. Pd wants you to play the game everyday and grind money like a no lifer. Its rigged.

I don't think that it will be rigged, nor that it follows some sort of distribution chart. I think that it is meant to be random. But I do think that the game hates me for I have won so many useless duplicates.

1. please allow me to sell the duplicates
2. I think that we have some lazy coding for the daily spin. Surely the idea is to give a reward, and make the player happy. Therefore, it should be coded so that at least cars the player doesn't have appear on the spin, and that they then have at least a one in four chance of getting something they'd want.

This also means making Group X cars more useful. Moving as many out into categories, group N or Group 1 Classic and applying BOP. Group VGT and BOP.

And did I say, enabling selling gift cars - would it make a difference to PD, are people using microtransactions to buy cars ... really? If anyone is, surely those are people who don't play the game much and want cars now.

Im tired from saying same thing over and over again. Pd changed daily roulette chances. You wont get anything more expensive then 5m anymore. Also cars that came from roulette tends to be the car you already own. Pd wants you to play the game everyday and grind money like a no lifer. Its rigged.

So when did they change it?

Too bad you can't access this daily roulette without being in the latest update. I was about to say to downgrade your update by removing the game data and updating the game again to a certain point before it occurred but you can't use it online and they'll force you to be up-to-date before you can play normally.

Well if they changed it then I must of been lucky because I won the 20mil jag only 2 months ago. Honestly why is this thread still up.

I say prove it. Because you are the only person to make such a claim on this site or any other site or YouTube since that time.
My money bets you won it prior to the update like the hundreds of others.
This is from the daily Roulette and not from the Driving challenges or Circuit Experience.

Honestly mate, you do you. Either complain about the daily workout roulette being "rigged", or every day when you log in think "what can i do that will interest me while playing this game today."

When you can't find anything interesting to do, just play something else.

Last edited:
I say prove it.

What is he supposed to prove, that he disagrees with you?

This thread made the claim, the onus of proof is on the OP or anyone else willing to substantiate the idea that the roulette is "rigged". I'm all ears and I honestly don't care which way the wind blows on this one but if nobody has any metrics to prove or at least support that this game is rigged then this is a futile debate.

I don't think it's rigged. I think there's a specific algorithm to the daily workout. I'm not sure what kind though.

This is just a theory on what I think and I've picked up on this. Whenever I stop playing GTS for a very short time (I take a break every now and again), by the time I come back on to play, I usually end up winning a car I don't have in my garage yet.

Yesterday, I came back on after a week and won that Amuse S2000 GT1. A month or so before that, I managed to win the Mach Forty. Then, ever since I won those, I always end up earning duplicates every day after that.

I've also noticed that after so many days of duplicates, you do end up winning a decent car.

In short, there may be an algorithm that analyses our behaviour while we're playing the game. How we play determines the car we get.

I just did a quick test getting Excel to generate 130 random numbers between 0 and 100, 4 times over. In all instance the most common number appeared 4 times or more (4, 6, 5, 5), in all cases there were numbers that didn't occur at all. It's entirely possible to get 5 of the same car and none of another car and it still be random, and the fact some people have dupe Citroens but no P330's is evidence of nothing.

Having said that, I don't think it's entirely random either, it wouldn't surprise me if the probabilities were weighted one way or another, or seeded by in game actions. Maybe I virtually never see the 20,000,000 cars on the wheel at all because I've not completed any tier of achievements in Sport Mode (for instance).

@hicker unless you have access to the source code of the game there is no way to tell if it's 100% random, pre-set, or whatever. But I guess there is more chance to get certain cars then other cars, not saying that it's rigged per se.

Imagine this:
100% random situation:
The game has a list of all cars, each car is only listed once in this list, a script first randomly picks car 1, then removes car 1 from the list, then it randomly picks car 2, and removes car 2 from the list, and so on till it has 4 cars. Then it randomly chooses one of these cars and determines that that's the gift car. It saves this information so when you turn the game off, it can recall it once you start the game again. With that information the game presents you with an animation unveiling the predetermined car as the gift car.
- In this case all the cars have 100% the same chance to be the gift car.

A bit less random situation, and I think more likely to be the situation in the game, but it's still random:
The game has a list of all cars, but the regular cars are listed multiple times, and others like the expensive ones are listed only once, in this case the chances that you get an expensive car are less.
Think of it as a bingo number ball rotatory thing with all those numbers, the numbers on the balls range from 1-99 but imagine 1000 balls in the thing, that means that a lot of those numbers are duplicates, but imagine that there's only one number 99 ball in there, and that that ball might represent a 20 million credit car... ;)
1050033b.jpg

Now stop complaining that you haven't yet won a 20 million car yet, one day you might, or not, just depends on how lucky you are.

Last edited:
@hicker unless you have access to the source code of the game there is no way to tell if it's 100% random, pre-set, or whatever. But I guess there is more chance to get certain cars then other cars, not saying that it's rigged per se.

Imagine this:
100% random situation:
The game has a list of all cars, each car is only listed once in this list, a script first randomly picks car 1, then removes car 1 from the list, then it randomly picks car 2, and removes car 2 from the list, and so on till it has 4 cars. Then it randomly chooses one of these cars and determines that that's the gift car. It saves this information so when you turn the game off, it can recall it once you start the game again. With that information the game presents you with an animation unveiling the predetermined car as the gift car.

A bit less random situation, and I think more likely to be the situation in the game, but it's still random:
The game has a list of all cars, but the regular cars are listed multiple times, and others like the expensive ones are listed only once, in this case the chances that you get an expensive car are less.
Think of it as a bingo number ball rotatory thing with all those numbers, the numbers on the balls range from 1-99 but imagine 1000 balls in the thing, that means that a lot of those numbers are duplicates, but imagine that there's only one number 99 ball in there, and that that ball might represent a 20 million credit car... ;)
1050033b.jpg

Now stop complaining that you haven't yet won a 20 million car yet, one day you might, or not, just depends on how lucky you are.
Dont claim the car close the game, reopen the game and let the game spin again. Do this thousand times and you will get the same car over and over again.Its pre-determined and rigged. There is no need to reverse engineer game to understand that.

Dont claim the car close the game, reopen the game and let the game spin again. Do this thousand times and you will get the same car over and over again.Its pre-determined and rigged. There is no need to reverse engineer game to understand that.

Just my 2 cents but that's the game ensuring you get the prize car it gave you for that day, the determination is done as soon as you activate the
prize wheel.

It also does not explain why you can still get an expensive car from the other roulette wheels but someone will land lucky some day, the odds
on the expense cars are simply reduced below the more common cars.

That's easily solved by saving the information about what car you were supposed to get as I explained. The car you get is already picked before the animation even begins, and after it has picked a car it saves that information, either to the cloud or your playstation (not sure).
It only takes the game like a millisecond to do all that, and at the end you get a simple animation.

[...]

Imagine this:
100% random situation:
[...] It saves this information so when you turn the game off, it can recall it once you start the game again. With that information the game presents you with an animation unveiling the predetermined car as the gift car.

[...]

If it wasn't like that you could just close the game if you didn't like the car you were gifted, and when you restart the game you would get a different car??? That's like cheating in my opinion.

Last edited:
I usually don't even pay attention to what car I get. Because unless it's a real cool car, I immediately forget about it. And I just recently sold/removed all the duplicate cars I had in my garage, the duplicates where kind of a bit of everything, but yes some cars I had like 4 or 5 of but I don't remember what cars they were because I deleted sooo many.

That's easily solved by saving the information about what car you were supposed to get as I explained. The car you get is already picked before the animation even begins, and after it has picked a car it saves that information, either to the cloud or your playstation (not sure).
It only takes the game like a millisecond to do all that, and at the end you get a simple animation.
Although I'm in several minds about the potential variables involved, some people have told me that you also get the same cars in the same order if you restart the game from scratch following a corrupt save... but only on the same console. I've not tested it myself yet, as I don't really want to force a save file corruption even on a test account.

It feels quite similar to the GT5 UCD in many respects. For that, the console/user combination seemed to generate a seed number that placed you at a point on a 2.147-billion day long predetermined list, which then advanced according to the number of in-game "days" you'd played. You could change your point on the list by changing to a different console with the same user, while different users on the same console would have their own start points.

In any case, it seems like the user has no influence whatsoever over either the cars on the carousel or the car awarded each time (and they definitely cannot influence which one of the four the game picks).

Last edited:

No it's not "rigged".

Now you're saying 5 million price prize cars. Well to be honest there isn't much above and beyond 5 mill so the chances are slim.

So by your logic, I should have hundreds of 1 car, because every car I win should be a dupe right? Anything that is different in my garage I must've bought right? Wrong.

@Famine - Do you know if the car is based on the number of log-ins rather than the date? i.e if I didn't play yesterday do I get the car today I would have got yesterday, or have I missed that one?

If there is a long list then how do they introduce the new cars? It always seems the newer cars are more likely to be gifted in the month after the update and the most recent examples - I got the Subaru 22b the week after the update, plus the Mini Cooper or Jag E-Type after I bought them.

Edit - And I have had about 10 Gr3 Hurracans including one this week, a plague!

@Famine - Do you know if the car is based on the number of log-ins rather than the date? i.e if I didn't play yesterday do I get the car today I would have got yesterday, or have I missed that one?
Absolutely no idea :lol:
If there is a long list then how do they introduce the new cars? It always seems the newer cars are more likely to be gifted in the month after the update and the most recent examples - I got the Subaru 22b the week after the update, plus the Mini Cooper or Jag E-Type after I bought them.
By rolling the number over (like the GT3 power multiplier!).

Say your random number generator can generate any number between 0 and 10, but you only have 6 things. 0-5 would be Thing 1 through Thing 6, but 6 would be Thing 1, 7 would be Thing 2, 8 would be Thing 3, etc.

Then you add a seventh thing. 0-6 are now Thing 1 through Thing 7, but 7 becomes Thing 1, 8 becomes Thing 2, etc.

PD has always aimed to add loads more cars to GT Sport - the stated aim is 500 cars. So it'd simply need a random number generator to generate a number between 0 and the most cars the game will ever have +1 in order to never run out. 0-263 would be Car ID 1 through Car ID 264. 264-527 would be Car ID 1 through Car ID 264 again, 528-791 would be that again and so on. If it adds nine new cars in December, that becomes 0-272 as Car ID 1 through Car ID 273, 273-545 for Car ID 1 through Car ID 273 again, and so on.

I was awarded the NSX, and 300ZX on my alt ID fairly shortly after that update, but my regular ID had to buy them.

On my alt ID I'm not buying any cars, and only running GT League races I have been awarded cars for. Still missing several, like the MX5, and Clio. While my regular ID got the Clio 3 days in a row. :lol:

I'm sure PD changed the roulette algorithm. 90% of my cars since the second half of this year were cars I didn't have. This wasn't the case before. Unfortunately I still don't have any of those really expensive cars above 10 Million Credits.

Absolutely no idea :lol:

By rolling the number over (like the GT3 power multiplier!).

Say your random number generator can generate any number between 0 and 10, but you only have 6 things. 0-5 would be Thing 1 through Thing 6, but 6 would be Thing 1, 7 would be Thing 2, 8 would be Thing 3, etc.

Then you add a seventh thing. 0-6 are now Thing 1 through Thing 7, but 7 becomes Thing 1, 8 becomes Thing 2, etc.

PD has always aimed to add loads more cars to GT Sport - the stated aim is 500 cars. So it'd simply need a random number generator to generate a number between 0 and the most cars the game will ever have +1 in order to never run out. 0-263 would be Car ID 1 through Car ID 264. 264-527 would be Car ID 1 through Car ID 264 again, 528-791 would be that again and so on. If it adds nine new cars in December, that becomes 0-272 as Car ID 1 through Car ID 273, 273-545 for Car ID 1 through Car ID 273 again, and so on.
I know very little of programming, though enough to program a calculator, but you've just blown my mind... As in I don't understand a thing you're saying haha!
Except number 1-6 being 0-5 cause 1 is 0, 6 is 5, but the rest is algebra
I know "i = Math.random(6)" gives a random number between 0 and 5

(or I'm simply spacing out of my mind, I live in holland, you know what I've been smoking...)

Last edited:
Back