Daily, Weekly and Monthly Challenges

• Thread starter Scaff
  • 155 comments
The run in Sweden with the Ford Focus RS Rally was fun in a scary way.
I found it to be stupidly twitchy and spent most of my time fighting it. I still landed in the top tier, though. I guess that it doesn't have to be pretty; it just has to be fast.

That Quattro felt good when I drove it yesterday
Still not a fan of hillclimbing. I have no idea what is coming next. At this point, I'm really only doing it for the achievements.

New dailies - Höljes (full) in a WRX STi and an owners' club in Greece for the Peugeot 205 T26 E2.

EDIT: well, that sucked - I got turned around at the first corner in the rallycross. Replays showed he barely even touched me.

Last edited:
Still not a fan of hillclimbing. I have no idea what is coming next. At this point, I'm really only doing it for the achievements.
Pikes Peak is probably my favourite stage/location in the game, it's like running the Nordschleife.

It helps that I come from a circuit racing background (Forza/GT/F1) and can adapt to not having pace notes.

It helps that I come from a circuit racing background (Forza/GT/F1) and can adapt to not having pace notes.
I'm rallying first and foremost - my dad and his brothers built one of the biggest car clubs in the country from the ground up - but I do love circuit racing. The problem is that circuit racing hinges on knowing the circuit. When Pike's Peak is twenty kilometres long, there's no way that I can memorise all of the corners.

Had a crack at the Monthly tonight in hopes of basking in the satisfaction of surviving 18 stages. Even though I fully expect to kill my chances of reaching the very end once those Greek stages become available.

Still, I placed 113th on the board with only two car recoveries. Though disregarding the 30 or so seconds I lost overall wouldn't have placed me in the top 100 as the time differences above my own are stretched pretty wide. I also felt like there was considerably less pressure to push hard without the AI split times as a constant distraction, so each run felt somewhat relaxing... other than the two occasions I flipped the Ibiza into a ditch when I got a little too venturesome.

Couldn't get enough of that thing on the wet Bronfelen night stage, though. 🤬 riot and a half.

Did surprisingly poorly in both Dailies, still in the top tier though. The rallycross WRX STi is absolute trash with the default setups and the Peugeot 205 T26 just wants to kill you at every chance.

I'm also thinking giving the Monthly a go eventually, which one of the kit cars would you guys suggest to use?

I tried the RallyCross event with the Subaru when I got home last night and remembered why I don't like RallyCross. Some how I finished in Tier 1 but I expect to slide significantly.

I don't have the money for the Peugeot 205 T16 unfortunately.

Like a few of you, I hated the RallyX event, mostly because one of the AI shoved me sideways in front of him as far as the first corner - okay, I'm terrible at the sport anyway, but I didn't expect that level of AI sloppiness; he just kept on going and reversing or accelerating to break free from his nose seemed to do nothing.

MXH
I was thinking about developing it throughout the events but I guess that won't work as intended then.
Oh, you can do that if you like, but the car will be heavy and down on power from the start. It will come to you eventually, but you'll stand a better chance of breaking into the top tier if you start with it fully developed.

If you have four mechanics with all perk slots available, you can increase the development rate by 120% - apply the perks for F2 Kit Cars, FWD cars, Spanish/French manufactured cars and the 306 Maxi/Ibiza.

hated the RallyX event, mostly because one of the AI shoved me sideways
That's the problem with rallycross - it seems to be an unwritten rule that you will ALWAYS come off second-best in contact. It doesn't matter how fast or how slow you're going, how heavy or how light the contact is, whether it's a glancing blow or prolonged door-to-door contact; it inevitably ends with you facing the wrong way. Nor does it help that the AI blindly stick to their racing line regardless of whoever or whatever is on their way. You'll see this most often in Hell; the normal line is to stick hard to the left and swing in to the first corner, while the joker line stays right and only brakes once they're past the bollard. What you get is the AI making suicidal lunges for the joker lap, and if someone is cutting across the circuit to make the normal lap, the joker driver won't bat an eyelid.

A question about the current monthly (on PS4) - I have finished 18 stages of 24 in the Peugeot Maxi Kit car. I cannot continue, it just states that the final stages "will be available soon". Was it like that in the previous contest as well? When can I complete the challenge? Thanks for any advice, I am new to dirtrally.

A question about the current monthly (on PS4) - I have finished 18 stages of 24 in the Peugeot Maxi Kit car. I cannot continue, it just states that the final stages "will be available soon". Was it like that in the previous contest as well? When can I complete the challenge? Thanks for any advice, I am new to dirtrally.
This is what the official site states:

"The Monthly Event is the ultimate test of your driving and team management abilities. You’ll need to complete 24 stages across every location in the game, with services every two stages for repairs and tuning tweaks. You’ll move between locations each week, with 6 new stages available in a new country every Monday."

I like doing Rallycross but that's because I have a car with a good setup that I am comfortable with. The Subaru's stock setup was too loose for me and I lost a lot of time through mistakes.

I like doing Rallycross but that's because I have a car with a good setup that I am comfortable with. The Subaru's stock setup was too loose for me and I lost a lot of time through mistakes.
The gear ratios were the worst part in my opinion. Lost way too many seconds and almost ended up spinning due to it. The RX cars really do need some care when it comes to their setups. The default ones tend to be awful.

MXH
I was thinking about developing it throughout the events but I guess that won't work as intended then.

:embarrassed:

Oh, you can do that if you like, but the car will be heavy and down on power from the start. It will come to you eventually, but you'll stand a better chance of breaking into the top tier if you start with it fully developed.

If you have four mechanics with all perk slots available, you can increase the development rate by 120% - apply the perks for F2 Kit Cars, FWD cars, Spanish/French manufactured cars and the 306 Maxi/Ibiza.

I started with fresh car and it finally reached full power after the last stage. Just finishing the monthly event should easily result in a top tier finish. When I started I believe there was 1700 entrants that made it thru the first stage, when I did the 18th stage last week there was just over 200 left on the leaderboard.

When I started I believe there was 1700 entrants that made it thru the first stage, when I did the 18th stage last week there was just over 200 left on the leaderboard.
:lol:

Damn! Well, I'd just like to be able to finish the Monthly event before even thinking about Top Tier times. I tend to take way too many risks anyway so I just might as well start out slowly with an unupgraded car.

MXH
I'd just like to be able to finish the Monthly event before even thinking about Top Tier times.
If it's anything like the daily and weekly challenges, people who retire will be included in the overall standings at the end of the event.

Today's Daily Stage. The brakes felt very weak which caught me out in a few places but overall it was a solid run. Looking specifically at no assist controller times it was within the Top 10. I'd have probably gotten Top 10 overall were it not for 1 or 2 small mistakes; I lost at least a second towards the end by handbraking too hard on a hairpin.

I'M THE FASTEST MAN IN THE WORLD!

At least, according to the monthly challenge - the last six stages have been made available, and of the two people to have completed them, I am the fastest.

I don't expect to be there for long, though.

I get the feeling this is going to be a fairly rare challenge:

image.jpeg

I get the feeling this is going to be a fairly rare challenge
It doesn't actually contribute to your gamerscore. When you view it prior to unlocking it, it has a little diamond icon next to it. Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain had a similar arrangement with in-game challenges - like rescuing ten prisoners or performing ten interrogations - but I never figured out what they gave you, aside from extra artwork that you could use as your backdrop.

Did stupidly well (for me) in the Lancia 037 daily yesterday, 16th quickest in the UK not using driver aids, firmly top tier. All he more happy as the 037 is a 'challenge' to drive without any aids and with manual gears. Rather pleased with that one.

Finally finished the monthly event, crazy how stressful that was, lol. Currently in 80th place so should be a really nice payout. I'm thinking my little Peugeot is broken though, I started with a new car and it seems to have acquired all the upgrades along the way but, only has 266hp now. It should have 280hp.

image.jpeg

Finally finished the monthly event, crazy how stressful that was, lol. Currently in 80th place so should be a really nice payout. I'm thinking my little Peugeot is broken though, I started with a new car and it seems to have acquired all the upgrades along the way but, only has 266hp now. It should have 280hp.

View attachment 540002
The final upgrades not been installed, you will need another rally for that to happen.

I thought it is just loading slowly and would appear after a few minutes. But I never wait that long.
Nobody would wait a few minutes. A couple of seconds is all it should take. Hopefully Codemasters get it sorted as soon as possible.

EDIT Rankings work for events that I have not entered. Once it is something I have completed nothing loads.

Last edited:
Back