Daily, Weekly and Monthly Challenges

• Thread starter Scaff
  • 155 comments
Question: what are special events? I missed the last one.

I think they are just that, special events. In the case of the recent one it was simply an R4 rally in Greece without the need to own an R4 car. As to their significance I don't know.

Little question. When they give us a car in daily with no option for setup, have they tuned the car for us, or is it totally stock? Thought they were stock, but then I felt I noticed a difference in handling

Little question. When they give us a car in daily with no option for setup, have they tuned the car for us, or is it totally stock? Thought they were stock, but then I felt I noticed a difference in handling
I think they are fully upgraded rather than tuned.

I think they are fully upgraded rather than tuned.
The tuning is kept the same so no-one gets an advantage from it, even if tuning is largely different for everyone and any performance gain is subjective. For example, nothing can change the way the Countryman handles like a terrified pig trying to escape through molasses with steering as responsive as marionette puppet strings, but I'm sure someone likes it.

Gah, finally fell out of my top tier winning streak since the game came out yesterday...brilliant car on a easy(ish) circuit but I completely over-cooked one of the corners and hit some spectators - leading to a 15 second time penalty. :(

To make matters worse, the top tier band was 3:26 and my overall time was 3:27, talk about heartbreak.

The Abarth 131 was a fun drive in Finland, put in a decent lap although I did skim a few walls due to fatigue.

Had a nightmarish weekly event run in the Lancia 037 on Värmland/Sweden. Car just spins constantly on me. I should have used the Opel instead. An abysmal performance, ten minutes behind the leader. Oh, well.

I've dismissed the Delta S4 in favour of the 205, if only to use these monthly stages as a means to fully upgrade it.

Seems quite handy on the twisty stuff in base-grade trim, but only after I'd tweaked the brake bias along with the rear and centre diff. Hopefully this set-up will stick once the specs are maxed.

Ugh, the 205 is horrible - even with a 51:49 power split. The RS200 is the superior car; it's slower, but much more manageable.

Finaly a hillclimb daily again :D 2. place so far with 08:45.762. (Ps4, controller) Really great handling car that Peugeot.

Last edited:
Is it any difference in physics on ps4 and PC? I see its a huge difference in speed on the daily, or maybe the quality of drivers is higher and most people use wheel on PC..

This daily event went surprisingly good considering I've been struggling getting a good setup for the Peugeot 405 (in the dry condition though). Went from a 9'16 on the first run to 8'53.978 on the second run. Currently sitting at 9th position. Could've been almost right behind you, @mr_VOLCANO, if I didn't go in blind as I've never done PP in the overcast condition.

Personal best is a high 8'39 otherwise.

Is it any difference in physics on ps4 and PC? I see its a huge difference in speed on the daily, or maybe the quality of drivers is higher and most people use wheel on PC..
A year head-start and higher concentration of wheel users is my guess.

MXH
A year head-start and higher concentration of wheel users is my guess.

Did not think of that, a year head-start must have a lot too say. No doubt you can be much faster than what I did on the hillclimb, just was a little suprised too see some was around 30sec faster on PC with only two runs.

Tried too find some videos on youtube, too see the lines, but did not find anything, shure I could have learned alot from it, even though I drive with controller.

Did not think of that, a year head-start must have a lot too say. No doubt you can be much faster than what I did on the hillclimb, just was a little suprised too see some was around 30sec faster on PC with only two runs.

Tried too find some videos on youtube, too see the lines, but did not find anything, shure I could have learned alot from it, even though I drive with controller.
There are some insanely fast drivers on PC mind you, and consoles generally gather the casual audience but we're definitely giving PC players a run for their money.

Edit : Managed to grab (as of writing this) 10th place in the Owner's Club daily event. Today was a good day.

ice-cube-thumb.jpg

The 2 weeklies that got nuked by the RaceNet outage will be re-run as special events in the next couple weeks, with 30% bump in prize money as well.

Eh, the new monthly event is R4 in Finland, Monte Carlo, Sweden and Greece. Even fully-upgraded, my Lancer handles like an oil tanker. I'd shell out for the Impreza, but I'm saving for a hillclimb car. I think I made it about twenty seconds into the first stage before I slid off on the slick gravel and damaged the radiator enough to turn the warning light on.

What? I love both the Subie and the Evo X. Both of them are great cars, in my opinion that is.

According to the car guide on the steam Forums, the R4 subaru is even worse.
I remember taking it out during a daily event a few weeks ago and quite liking it. But the R4 cars are just so damn heavy - which shouldn't be a surprise, since they're pretty much Group N cars - and don't transfer their weight the way I like them to. They're very stiff when I like some body roll.

The first of the special event re-runs is now available - it's F2 Kit Cars in Sweden.

Meanwhile, the next weekly events are epic: Monte Carlo in 1970s cars and a selection of long stages in 2010s cars. Although I just did Lysvik at night in the driving snow and I have developed a bit of a headache from trying to focus on the road.

Finished around 50th place in the monthly event (R4's). I was doing constant top 30 times in the first rally's, but in the last rally (Greece) I was nowhere near top 30 times. Was losing between 3-4 seconds/kilometer on the top runners :eek: I have no idea wat I was doing wrong, in some stages I was really pushing, just to come at the end of the stage and losing another 25"

A Finland special event has been added to coincide with WRC Finland.
I'm watching the half-hour review of the second leg of Rally Finland and when they showed the route, I realised that all of the Finland stages in the game conbine to form Ouninpohja.

Back