Dakar 18 (PS4, XOne, PC) - Release date September 25 2018

• Thread starter er185es
  • 587 comments
It does look good, including how not-cutting-edge the flora is in those screenshots, which is a clue they might have the right priorities. More promising than their polished cinematic trailer. :P

Waiting to see gameplay before I put any faith in it, though.

28235566_1610237379059695_4062410492822341350_o.jpg

28238858_1611250785625021_3646796115904095266_o.jpg

Last edited:
I'm not getting my hopes up for the sim aspects of this game. That way I can't be disappointed, and if it is really good then that's a bonus. I just hope it's as good an experience as these screenshots make it out to be and if that comes with a half decent handling model, even an arcadey one, then this really could be a special game. Fingers crossed.

I'm not getting my hopes up for the sim aspects of this game. That way I can't be disappointed, and if it is really good then that's a bonus. I just hope it's as good an experience as these screenshots make it out to be and if that comes with a half decent handling model, even an arcadey one, then this really could be a special game. Fingers crossed.
Let's just hope it errs on the side of being controllable instead of equating authenticity with an overblown level of difficulty that actually isn't realistic at all. Something on the level of Baja: Edge of Control would be fine by me, or if it's not that simulator-ish, Fuel sets a low but acceptable bar to clear.

These screenshots don't tell much, but I have to admit the quality of the visuals exceeds what I expected. Although it's Unreal Engine 4, so that may not count for much.

It does look very nice, but I'm not too sure about the way the car behaves. I don't know why, it just doesn't look right to me. I'll remain optimistic, though, at least until we get a longer video.

Already from the small amount of footage in the video you can kind of tell it's not going to look anything like those bullshots earlier.

It doesn't look bad by any means but it's certainly not as amazing as the images.

This game might actually be awesome. One question would be getting some old dakar rally cars like the Peugoet 405 and the 205 maybe?

I'm thinking like this: normally, large maps with vast areas that look basically the same, are called boring. In the Dakar, however, not only is it realistic but will also make navigation extremely challenging. You have a general direction you have to go, you look around and everything looks the same. Very easy to get lost and, again, exactly the challenge real Dakar drivers face when navigating.

Back