Dakar Desert Rally (PS4, PS5, XOne, XSX, PC) - Release date 2022

• Thread starter er185es
  • 284 comments
The hype and overall game looks good but the $39.99 budget price tag has me suspicious…..
I think it needs to be low to attract casuals alongside die hard fans. It's a niche game and the first one didn't do too well commercially.

I have one of the Dakar games and didn’t spend much time with it. The focus was on navigation and I knew it when I bought it(cheap). I think this game will be more driving and visual focused.

I have one of the Dakar games and didn’t spend much time with it. The focus was on navigation and I knew it when I bought it(cheap). I think this game will be more driving and visual focused.
The new game is still very navigation focused but it has added a Sportsmode with its specific roadbook. This mode will be checkpoint to checkpoint racing. The other 2 focus solely on navigation.

Interesting interview with Paulo Gomes (Game Director) if someone speaks Portuguese please translate what he says

Last edited:
Was waiting for any reviews before preordering (audi etron as bonus). But there is nothing live yet?

Last edited:
Was waiting for any reviews before preordering (audi etron as bonus). But there is nothing live yet?
I would expect to see reviews tomorrow. It's not really a major release in the eyes of many outlets and its quite a niche series/racing type to really have any media hype at all.

Dakar_Season_Pass_Roadmap_V2.jpg

Was hoping to see some reviews too to decide whether to pré-order or not. Some of the gameplay clips I saw left me a bit worried - trucks jumping and landing at weird (impossible) angles, gamers losing control of the vehicles in tight turns/corners (the vehicle keeps going in the direction of the turn after turning despite the gamer efforts to fix the trajectory) and similar stuff...
Weather effects and graphics look nice. FPS seems to be 30 unfortunately (PS5 and XBOX X).

Last edited:
Was hoping to see some reviews too to decide whether to pré-order or not. Some of the gameplay clips I saw left me a bit worried - trucks jumping and landing at weird (impossible) angles, gamers losing control of the vehicles in tight turns/corners (the vehicle keeps going in the direction of the turn after turning despite the gamer efforts to fix the trajectory) and similar stuff...
Weather effects and graphics look nice. FPS seems to be 30 unfortunately (PS5 and XBOX X).
Frame rate= 60 if you choose performance mode at the beginning of the game. Was said on their Discord.

Never pre-ordered a game ever and that’s the way it’ll always be… yes it’s ‘old man yells at cloud’ but I’ll wait for actual reviews before spending on what looks to be a fantastic title, genuinely intrigued by this game

About the route creator (discord info):

Moving forward! 😁
We expect to see the release tomorrow and the extended map fully updated in a few days.
Then we will start pushing the "Road Book editor".

This tool is the same editor we used to implement ALL our events + Road Books/stages that are in the game, provided by us. It is the same tool we are working to bring A.S.O. / Rally Raid Road Books.

However. since this is completely new, we will put it first available on Steam. And will be available to get feedback from you guys in order to ensure everything is great before publishing on consoles. Since it is faster to update PC than consoles.

This editor is absolutely necessary for what we want to do:
Push everyone to start creating online or LAN competitions. For you guys to create a Championship!

As a Rally Raid, it is not fair to keep playing the same Road Books over and over... you will memorize the navigation.
So... you will create the event... you will put several stages and then invite people for the competition. They will receive the Road books just before the race.
Nobody knows the Road Books! True RALLY RAID competition! 😎

We expect that in few weeks!

I've had the chance to play for a couple of hours, I haven't got too far into the game but enough to have some first impressions.

The driving feels a lot more solid than the old game, the vehicles don't veer violently to a side when you brake too hard, some of the simulation aspects have been removed such as the high/low range gearbox on trucks (unless my Iveco just doesn't have it) and the option to get out and put the sand boards under the wheels. The actual driving is quite arcadey but still has depth to it. I haven't unlocked the simulation difficulty yet so it might make things tougher but the AI times are too easy to beat.

The vehicle list is strong, all of the major entries from the last 3 years (except for the X-Raid Mini's) seem to be in, the models look good, the whole game does so photo mode will be great once it is added.

If you buy this game but didn't play the original go through the tutorial, you have to know how to read the roadbook and the cap heading to make it through.

Edit: A little clip, big thanks to Andrey Karginov for getting me back on the road 🍻

Last edited:
Great gameplay with technical issues is what I can say after +/- 4h with the game. Got a crash with data corruption within first 5min, now it's solid but the framerate goes to single digits when it's busy on the screen. (PS5)

Great gameplay with technical issues is what I can say after +/- 4h with the game. Got a crash with data corruption within first 5min, now it's solid but the framerate goes to single digits when it's busy on the screen. (PS5)
Sounds abit of a disappointing start,is that on quality mode,looking forward to getting home tonight to try it out on series x

The reviews I have seen on YouTube have me excited for this game but I will wait to catch this on sale

Sounds abit of a disappointing start,is that on quality mode,looking forward to getting home tonight to try it out on series x
Performance mode sadly. Bad optimalisation - runs on UE4 which is not the greatest for racing games.

Last edited:
What a bloody fantastic and gorgeous game 🤟 Higher paced than Dakar'18 so the pro mode is actually a challenge. The AI ruins sportmode atm and classic machines can only be unlocked in this mode which is a bit strange.

Got the game its a blast and breath of fresh air! However, my steering lock is 180’ degrees and even the slightest input does full turn and settings dont help to solve it, can’t use the wheel (TGT2) though, any advice maybe?. Using dualsence for now.

Latest Posts

Back