Dakar Desert Rally (PS4, PS5, XOne, XSX, PC) - Release date 2022

• Thread starter er185es
  • 284 comments
Got the game its a blast and breath of fresh air! However, my steering lock is 180’ degrees and even the slightest input does full turn and settings dont help to solve it, can’t use the wheel (TGT2) though, any advice maybe?. Using dualsence for now.

There are issues with wheels (Dakar '18 deja vu). Dev is working on fixes.

I have the same problem with Fanatec DD Pro on PS5: no FFB and maybe 30° rotation. I will use the controller until they fix it (Dakar '18 deja vu).

There are issues with wheels (Dakar '18 deja vu). Dev is working on fixes.

I have the same problem with Fanatec DD Pro on PS5: no FFB and maybe 30° rotation. I will use the controller until they fix it (Dakar '18 deja vu).
Just tried my fanatec cs l elite wheel on series x,wheel rotation is fine but zero FFB,game looks fantastic fps can be abit jittery but overall pretty good, not finding it that easy with a pad to be honest, truck seems easier than my etron car haven't tried anything else yet,no settings for ai difficulty that i can find other than the three different navigation settings so it's going to need a lot more practice for me

What a bloody fantastic and gorgeous game 🤟 Higher paced than Dakar'18 so the pro mode is actually a challenge. The AI ruins sportmode atm and classic machines can only be unlocked in this mode which is a bit strange.
I'm sure you've already seen but the AI are on the list to fix in the next update:

What a bloody fantastic and gorgeous game 🤟 Higher paced than Dakar'18 so the pro mode is actually a challenge. The AI ruins sportmode atm and classic machines can only be unlocked in this mode which is a bit strange.
I'm certainly enjoying it, it's got some rough parts and work to be done, but for the money its a great starting point.
Got the game its a blast and breath of fresh air! However, my steering lock is 180’ degrees and even the slightest input does full turn and settings dont help to solve it, can’t use the wheel (TGT2) though, any advice maybe?. Using dualsence for now.
Odd, my T300 defaulted to 1080 degrees, which is what I have my wheelbase set to. Obvious questions, are your drivers up to date?

I'm certainly enjoying it, it's got some rough parts and work to be done, but for the money its a great starting point.

Odd, my T300 defaulted to 1080 degrees, which is what I have my wheelbase set to. Obvious questions, are your drivers up to date?

Sure, why wouldn’t they be. I even connected the wheelbase to PC and set everything there to default setting including wheel rotation to 1080 just in case the game needs it setup within a base itself, but it didn’t help. Patch will fix this hopefully.

Was in doubt between PC or PS5 version. Bought the PS5.
Have to wait for an upcoming patch to fix the FFB/rotation for the Fanatec wheel. In the meantime PS5 controller and a bike. So much fun with that. Other stuff will be - hopefully - sorted out within the next weeks/months.

Like the game so far. Have to learn the pace notes/co-driver better. Patience is key ;)
Graphics*, far distance views, sun, different weather types etc are very good and it's an immersive experience.
* apperently game mode (Sport vs Professional) seems to have impact on FPS because of number of AI visible? something like that. I play professional and now and then a hick up on my screen (resolution mode). Not a showstopper for me. Optimisation is WIP.

Anyone want to check this one: In online quick play mode with a bike you start stage 1. Engine sound is present and ok. Then continue to the next stage and the engine sound is gone. Only in online quick play mode (PS5 version). Tried several sound output options, restarted the game and console a couple of times. Keeps happening. Also asked on their discord again.

Performance mode sadly. Bad optimalisation - runs on UE4 which is not the greatest for racing games.
Another unoptimized UE4 game to throw on the pile, huh? That's unfortunate. They almost never get properly fixed, especially a niche game like this that probably won't see the sales or publisher support to fund the proper patches.

I hated Dakar 18, I found it confusing and the physics felt weird and didn't enjoy it st all. Bought it for £2 or something so didn't lose much trying.

Everything is read about this was ticking boxes in my head so put my reservations to one side from D18 and purchase this one today. Only played for an hour or so but that's already 50 minutes more than D18. It's so much better in every single way, the driving sti has some quirks but it's at least consistent and does feel perfectly playable. The environment is gorgeous and huge, the weather effects are excellent.
Its also a lot easier to get to grips with as well in terms of playing, sport mode is super accessible and I'm enjoying that, it's a much easier introduction to Dakar and Raid racing than 18 was. Plenty of unlockabkes is nice as well and the roadmap for the future looks good (even if some of it should arguably have been in at launch).

So far, impressed. I'm a big rally game fan and this offers something a bit different but with some familiarity.

Morning all,last night I played a full 3stage race,not sure which one to be honest,but i won each stage first place and obviously overall win but the promised car,for winning in sport mode did not show up at the end,I completed the race in a truck,
How do you claim the prize?,is it bugged?
Anyone have a answer please let me know,cheers
Xbox series x

Morning all,last night I played a full 3stage race,not sure which one to be honest,but i won each stage first place and obviously overall win but the promised car,for winning in sport mode did not show up at the end,I completed the race in a truck,
How do you claim the prize?,is it bugged?
Anyone have a answer please let me know,cheers
Xbox series x
Do you mean the prize car that's shown at the bottom of the event list when you select it on the map screen?

If so, they're called the ultimate prize, you have to win the event in all 5 classes of vehicle to win it.

Do you mean the prize car that's shown at the bottom of the event list when you select it on the map screen?

If so, they're called the ultimate prize, you have to win the event in all 5 classes of vehicle to win it.
Ah thanks for that,that makes sense i thought it was going to be to easy to get them ,🤣

What controller settings is everyone using to play this game?
I found default too sensitive so lowered it to 50% and added about 2% deadzone.
I find it a lot easier to control now.

Also - what views are most using - bonnet? 3rd person camera? Cockpit?

What controller settings is everyone using to play this game?
I found default too sensitive so lowered it to 50% and added about 2% deadzone.
I find it a lot easier to control now.

Also - what views are most using - bonnet? 3rd person camera? Cockpit?
Playing default settings with controller,but will fiddle time permitting,always cockpit cam as i just cannot drive in 3rd person no matter what driving game it is,really wanting to use a wheel tho so hoping for a fix soon

Got through the professional mode qualification stage, however I will be putting this down until the FFB update/fix.

Otherwise it seems like a big step forward and improvement over D18.

Dakar Desert Rally_20221007214024.png

So after 5-6 hours of play, I can safely say the bikes and quads don't like me. Finding them very difficult to be consistent with. The cars and lorries are top of my pile.

I do also kinda wish I could blend sport and professional mode. The AI have no concept of not smashing into you in sport mode so I like the solitary running of professional mode. But it seems we can't unlock the prize cars and such in professional mode and, not gonna lie, kinda like the way point markers.

Game has become unplayable for me at the moment,nothing saves for me after level 12,no access to online,no idea why,and no FFB for my wheel which I would love to use,get very big motorstorm vibes off it in sport mode when there's a lot of traffic,which is no bad thing, will wait for patches now before continuing, this is on series x

I'm having problems with the game too, each time you go through a waypoint it saves your progress so you can jump straight back in later. At first it was just a stutter but now the game fully freezes for seconds each time I go through one of those and it is getting worse every rally I do (at a guess I'd assume it's related to the game save size getting bigger), the last event I did was pretty much unplayable. Hopefully the next update fixes it because it's a fun game.

This is on the PS5 version btw.

I'm having problems with the game too, each time you go through a waypoint it saves your progress so you can jump straight back in later. At first it was just a stutter but now the game fully freezes for seconds each time I go through one of those and it is getting worse every rally I do (at a guess I'd assume it's related to the game save size getting bigger), the last event I did was pretty much unplayable. Hopefully the next update fixes it because it's a fun game.

This is on the PS5 version btw.
Just restart the game.

Just restart the game.
I thought I had done that but obviously not, it's running smooth again now 👍

There is another glitch though, the final passage control on the last stage of 2021 Dakar Experience disqualifies you from the race, sounds like the devs are aware via Reddit so hopefully it's fixed in the next update. Those last longer rallies are good fun though, lots of dunes, lots of navigation.

I thought I had done that but obviously not, it's running smooth again now 👍

There is another glitch though, the final passage control on the last stage of 2021 Dakar Experience disqualifies you from the race, sounds like the devs are aware via Reddit so hopefully it's fixed in the next update. Those last longer rallies are good fun though, lots of dunes, lots of navigation.
Yeah great game with ps3 type performance...

Back