Daniil Kvyat Loses F1 Seat to Rookie Pierre Gasly This Weekend

Ah don't worry, what the article doesn't tell you (among other things per usual with the F1 write ups) is that Kvyat is to return for the US GP. At least that's the deal that has been agreed upon by RB and Kvyat's sponsors, as reported. Also it's still unclear if Kvyat is really going to be out of a seat end of this year anyways.

I think you'll find the difference between F2 and F1 is still signicant, especially since the switch to turbocharged engines. This years' cars are a lot quicker and more physical too due to the new aero regulations

calvins48
The difference between F2 and F1 isn’t that palpable

Despite the fact it could never be palpable... is this to imply that F1 and F2 really aren't so different? They're both open-wheel formulas under FIA procedures but after that I'm really not sure that's accurate.

Max did not skip the first F1 step of driving for Toro Rosso, In fact it was DK who after one of his many mistakes that was demoted to Toro Rosso to Max's car and MV promoted to the Red Bull seat in which Max won in his very first drive for the team in Spain.

Last edited:
Ah don't worry, what the article doesn't tell you (among other things per usual with the F1 write ups) is that Kvyat is to return for the US GP. At least that's the deal that has been agreed upon by RB and Kvyat's sponsors, as reported. Also it's still unclear if Kvyat is really going to be out of a seat end of this year anyways.

This. There's reporting, and then there's narrative, which is what I'm seeing out of GTP's F1 articles of late.

That said, he didn't get the nickname 'Torpedo' for nothing. :lol:

@Racecarman, let's not forget that fluke of a win only came about on an error of both Mercedes drivers. ;)

Good look to Pierre Gasly
He's been dropped in the deep end with Sepang and Suzuka , but it he can bring the car back in one piece and not upset anyone then I woud have thought he's in with a good chance of a drive next year . ( Hopefully sooner) ?

Back