Dark Souls III

• Thread starter Shirrako
  • 80 comments
United Kingdom
London, UK
Shirrako
The game has been leaked and is expected to be at E3 and release in 2016 on PS4 and Xbox One.
PC.

Miyazaki is directing the game and it looks like a combination of Dark Souls and Bloodborne in terms of visuals and gameplay.

maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited:
I would love a new dark souls when it is closer to dark souls 1. I have to say that some of these screens look more like concept art from previous dark souls games, one even could be concept art for Bloodbourne, so I have my doubts about this info. Guess we'll see in the next couple of days.

The game has been leaked and is expected to be at E3 and release in 2016 on PS4 and Xbox One.
PC version is still being considered, meaning it will probably come out later than the console versions or may not come out at all.
If we're getting another watered-down PC port, I'm out :grumpy:

This is one of my favorite games and if GT7 (or GT Sport) is not available in 2016, I'll buy the PS4 to play DSIII and some other masterpieces that were presented in the last couple of days (No Man's Sky, Metal Gear Solid V, The Last Guardian, Horizon Zero Dawn and Uncharted 4).

I hope it's more like dark souls one. I loved DS1 and Demon Souls but I have DS2 sitting on a shelf only having played about half of it. I just couldn't get into it like the first two.

We still have a month yet. :crazy:

Are any of you going to play it on Xb1? If you preordered Ds3 they send you a code for Dark Souls to redeem. It's not redeemable yet, because they haven't made it BC as of now. In Mid February, there were several news articles saying it should be BC in a week or so, but that's been a month now.

I was just asking, I still have the 360 version of the disc I can play, but I have a friend who's dying to play DS, has the code, but can't redeem it yet. You think they would make it BC soon, so people could play it for the next month or so, while waiting for Ds3.

That is one epic trailer! I love how it begins with Dark Souls 1. It almost looks like Dark Souls 2 didn't happen. Which I understand, although I still enjoyed Dark Souls 2 a lot. But seeing some of these bosses again..... Oh my, right in the feels.

I am going to play as a Knight the first time around. I love the way he looks and love the sound of the armor while running and rolling around.

Can't wait for this game to come out!

Is this game similair to Bloodborne?
I haven't played bloodborne, I heard its a lot alike. Bloodbornes fighting may be a little more fast paced from what I gathered. I've read some of the souls fans liked DS more, but still really liked bloodborne. From Software makes both games, and they have the same creator. I've played demon souls, darks souls, and dark souls 2.

Last edited:
It's a little faster than the previous souls games but slower them Bloodborne. The biggest difference between Dark Souls 3 (and all other Souls games) and Bloodborne is that Bloodborne is a offence driven game. Dark Souls 3 is still more driven towards defense. So the pace and approach to batlles is different. You can and really need to take your time in tackling enemies and bosses.

Also, Dark Souls is much deeper in the weapons, armor and magic then Bloodborne. Much deeper

It's a little faster than the previous souls games but slower them Bloodborne. The biggest difference between Dark Souls 3 (and all other Souls games) and Bloodborne is that Bloodborne is a offence driven game. Dark Souls 3 is still more driven towards defense. So the pace and approach to batlles is different. You can and really need to take your time in tackling enemies and bosses.

Also, Dark Souls is much deeper in the weapons, armor and magic then Bloodborne. Much deeper

And the variaty of maps and enviorments is just incomparable. Bloodborne looks absolutely amazing but DS besides being such as good loking has a huge variaty of scenery and enemies.

It's Epic. I'm buying my PS4 to play DSIII. This is the first time I buy a console to play a game that is not Gran Turismo.

I haven't played bloodborne, I heard its a lot alike. Bloodbornes fighting may be a little more fast paced from what I gathered. I've read some of the souls fans liked DS more, but still really liked bloodborne. From Software makes both games, and they have the same creator. I've played demon souls, darks souls, and dark souls 2.
I thought so cause the graphic style is really similair, which looks awesome tho and i really enjoyed Bloodborne. But do i have to play Dark souls 1 & 2 before i get into 3?

I thought so cause the graphic style is really similair, which looks awesome tho and i really enjoyed Bloodborne. But do i have to play Dark souls 1 & 2 before i get into 3?
No, not at all. They don't run together or anything like that. They pretty much are stand alone games. Although I would recommend playing dark souls 1, it's my favorite one out of the series.

The last trailer (launch trailer for japan) showed a lot of easter eggs (I call them easter eggs to not spoil anything) that indicate a direct tie with the story of Datk Souls 1. Because of this I am even more stoked for this game.

Dark Souls 3 Review
http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/04/04/dark-souls-3-review

I'm not big on IGN's game reviews, I usually wait until Metacritic has a good number of critic reviews, but it's looking pretty damn sweet so far. It looks like weapon upgrading/customization will be a lot more like Dark Souls then DS2. The map seems a lot more opened up as well, like the original.

I'm liking the new focus point system, even though I usually don't play as a heavy magic user, it will be better for those who do. Plus you can use FP's on special weapon maneuvers. You can assign your Estus Flasks to refill health, or focus. I think you can modify this at any bonfire as well. So you can carry 6 health Estus flasks and 2 focus point Estus flasks, and change that ratio of you need more health or focus for an area.

The biggest plus for me is I just found out there's no limit on enemy respawns like there was in Ds2. That was one of my biggest gripes about DS2, along with some other things. We have about a week to go, it should be pretty good hopefully. 👍

Back