Dark souls

PvP is just a bunch of unfair trolls and lag-backstabs so no thanks heh

I got further and just have Izalith and Tomb of the Giants , DLC, then Gwyn. At this point it's getting kinda boring though. There's only so much to do and it's getting repetitive. I wish there more places to explore just to explore.

Have you been to Ash Lake yet?
The Dlc is pretty great, don’t kill Gwyn yet as that will send you straight to new game plus.

I did everything now except Kalameet and Gwyn. Started a new DEX build since I was bored of the STR and over the shoulder swords.

This one is at about the same place as the last time I posted. It's fun to go through but sometimes feels like a chore to go on "errand runs" getting important items like rings and things

I did everything now except Kalameet and Gwyn. Started a new DEX build since I was bored of the STR and over the shoulder swords.

This one is at about the same place as the last time I posted. It's fun to go through but sometimes feels like a chore to go on "errand runs" getting important items like rings and things

Those are probably the worse weapons. ^^

Way better to upgrade a longsword.

Just got to NG+5 in Dark Souls III on PS4. I got bored so I got Dark Souls II Scholar on the PSN store for a new experience. I have Bloodborne but I just can't get into it, maybe I just don't like Victorian or it's the more confusing level design, I dunno.

So my friend who got me into Dark Souls III tells me that Scholar is a good game, it's just a "bad Dark Souls game". I hate when people say that, not only does it not make sense, it just devalues things unnecessarily.

Well, I guess we'll find out what he means by that soon enough.

Just got to NG+5 in Dark Souls III on PS4. I got bored so I got Dark Souls II Scholar on the PSN store for a new experience. I have Bloodborne but I just can't get into it, maybe I just don't like Victorian or it's the more confusing level design, I dunno.

So my friend who got me into Dark Souls III tells me that Scholar is a good game, it's just a "bad Dark Souls game". I hate when people say that, not only does it not make sense, it just devalues things unnecessarily.

Well, I guess we'll find out what he means by that soon enough.

Dark Souls 2 is a good game. A small minority even prefer it. But you'll notice what your friend meant by " bad DS game".

Bloodborne on the other hand is my favorite souls game from a purely gameplay / fun perspective. I also prefer the Gothic theme over the Victorian setting but damn, the game is marvelous.

I actually thought about trying a no hit run in bloodborne. ^^ I follow some no hit runners on YouTube and it's so satisfying to watch them play Bloodborne. It's way more demanding than DS (which is longer but more mechanical).

I played and loved Bloodborne and after saying to myself I would never try to endure another Soulsborne game I want to play through another to tide me over until RDR2.

I've heard people say the original Dark Souls is the best of the series and one of the best games of all time but I've also heard that it plays a lot slower than Bloodborne and in addition to this your directional movement is more restricted which may ruin the game for me.

People seem to think II is good but the worst of the trilogy and that III is much closer to Bloodborne in terms of feel and responsiveness but not as good as the first one.

Which one do you guys think I should go for? Does playing the original Dark Souls for the very first time feel good after experiencing Bloodborne?

I played and loved Bloodborne and after saying to myself I would never try to endure another Soulsborne game I want to play through another to tide me over until RDR2.

I've heard people say the original Dark Souls is the best of the series and one of the best games of all time but I've also heard that it plays a lot slower than Bloodborne and in addition to this your directional movement is more restricted which may ruin the game for me.

People seem to think II is good but the worst of the trilogy and that III is much closer to Bloodborne in terms of feel and responsiveness but not as good as the first one.

Which one do you guys think I should go for? Does playing the original Dark Souls for the very first time feel good after experiencing Bloodborne?

DS1 gets put as the best souls game because it was the one that basically made the genre popular. In terms of gameplay, I don't think it's superior to DS3 bit it had that novelty advantage that no other game could repeat afterwards. Not even Bloodborne IMO (which is the best soulsborne title to me in terms of gaming fun).

I'd pick up DS1 and play DS3 after.

Speaking of DS3, yesterday I decided I wanted to try a no hit run (no DLCs). Of course I died along the way but I'm now on Cinder, trying to learn how to dodge his 38 attacks. ^^

Dancer and Twin Princess were nightmares. When you die with 1 hit, it can be frustrating. I'd really like to do a 1 no hit run... But I need to learn a lot of stuff first.

This was the Twin Princess fight BTW:

I was getting bored of DS1R so picked up DS3. I'm in the Road of Sacrifices and there's so much to explore before going the critical path!

I'm finding everything hits harder but titanite shards are not nearly as common as early game DS1 so it's hard to upgrade anything. Even still, +3 doesn't seem that powerful

Back