Dark souls

The box art looks nice, by the way. Thanks, Ddrizle 👍
You're very welcome & indeed it does look very nice. 👍

I've heard Namco Bandai/From Software have wrapped up the "Design a Dark Souls II shield" contest for the JP market. I'm hoping for a similar contest for other regions also.

Aside from the bad framerate, Blighttown wasn't that bad. It did drop quite a bit, but I don't think I ever died as a result of it.

There's one specific set of roots/branches that you've got to cross, near the elevator. Some dudes with blow darts are there, too. I fell of that specific set of branches way too often to like that place :lol: Also, these blood flies were always annoying the crap out of me.

There's one specific set of roots/branches that you've got to cross, near the elevator. Some dudes with blow darts are there, too. I fell of that specific set of branches way too often to like that place :lol: Also, these blood flies were always annoying the crap out of me.

The blow dart guys were annoying, I'll give you that. Thankfully, they only had to be killed once. I will admit to being a nervous wreck at times in Blighttown, but now that I've seen all it's horrors, the nerves are gone.

Having said that, I've yet to truly conquer blighttown. I made it to the boss. I almost killed her but I got greedy and wound up dying myself. The next day, I got a great deal on Demon's souls and decided to finish that first. I'll probably get back to dark souls in a few months. :lol:

I don't know, it's not that I found Blightown hard (aside from crossing those stupid branches) - and Queelag's easy, too, unless you let her corner you. I just dislike the place - the framerate issues also contributed to that, as did the overall design... But it has absolutely nothing on the fear that the Tomb of Giants struck into me :lol:

Dark Souls 2: Unorthodox Multiplayer and Level Design Detailed

Gameranx
Like the multiplayer implementation, the game's boss battles and level templates are far from orthodox. The director stated that he wanted to try to get rid of the orthodox template of game formula, which typically plays as follows: by starting at the beginning of the stage, going to the end of the stage and defeating a boss, and starting at the beginning of the next stage.

To that end, Tanimura wanted to get rid of that orthodox procedure and provide players with a little more freedom to decide on their own with how they want to conquer the stage. This includes having the boss appear mid-way through and allowing the opportunity to defeat the boss even if you're not at the end of the stage. It also includes things like branching off of certain levels, depending on the concept we want to portray in those levels so that we can give a little more freedom to the player whether the player wants to go left or right, or whether the player wants to fight a certain boss versus another.

That does sound intriguing. I love a little freedom of choice. Dark Souls' claustrophobic feel was great, but I'd like to see a slightly more open world with a little less linearity. Can't wait for DS2 👍

I watched the gameplay back it was revealed at IGN, I really love Dark Souls, can't wait for the sequel. I like that they are keeping the core game the same, just new monsters, environments, bosses, gear, weapons, exactly what I want :) .

I was able to get some hours in on Dark Souls after almost a week. Stray Demon & Ceaseless Discharge defeated. SL99, Gravelord Sword+5, 106hrs

Patch 1.08 was released a few days ago, which I believe is supposed to fix connectivity problems.

Highlight for spoiler text.

I put in some hours today. Demon Firesage, Kirk, Centipede Demon, Bed of Chaos (I died 4 times on this boss....2 times on that final jump to the middle, 1 time due to the firestorm throwing me up and into the pit and 1 time trying to jump from that tree on the left side, rolled into the pit instead of jumping), , Paladin Leeroy, Gravelord Nito defeated (possibly one of the easiest bosses so far for me). R.I.P to Solaire.....he attacked me....so I had to dispatch him. SL 108, 129hrs.

It's nice that From Software put Patches in Dark Souls, still with his same scumbag ways haha. He seems to have pretty good info on some of the other individuals which I thought was cool. After I defeated Nito, I headed to Burg to do my usual soul hunting/humanity (the mini skeletons in the tomb are great for humanity so I'll start using that spot more often) run at that bridge with the red dragon and came across Rhea at a statue and bought all of her goods. I talked to Petrus after talking to Rhea at the statue, hoping he'd elaborate on what happened at the Tomb, but he didn't say anything new, good thing I didn't kill him I guess.

Still many areas left to travel. Long live Dark Souls!

Last edited:
Urgghh hated the Bed of Chaos, he's fine until you need to go down the middle, always get swiped off by his hands or fall into the chasm. Easiest boss for me was pinwheel, first time I fought him I ran up and pwned him in under 10 seconds. Originally the hardest boss for me was Ornstein and Smough but I was using a weapon with an element they resist :P .

I'm surprised you have 129 hours on the clock, did you die a ton or something ?, my first playthrough took 38 hours, my second (with a new character) took 18 hours and I was soul level 100 at the end. I defeated every boss except Hydra and even farmed souls for a bit in that playthrough.

Game is still awesome of course, gave it a 9.3 in my review.

I'm going through really slowly and very cautiously through the game. I'm not dying too much, but I do tend to leave the game running to attend to my little man, admire the vistas and read the info on the new items I get, so that time adds up hahaha. I also size up, run around bosses a good amount of time to get an understanding of their attack patterns and such. Also, I went a very long time going back and forth to certain areas to hunt souls before I got the Lordvessel, more time being ate up hahaha!

That reminds me, I've got so many questions regarding the story, like the broken statue before you reach Gwynevere room and the rubble at the sunlight shrine. the daughters of chaos and more. Once I complete the game I'll look into all these questions to get a better understanding.

I'm surprised you have 129 hours on the clock, did you die a ton or something ?, my first playthrough took 38 hours, my second (with a new character) took 18 hours and I was soul level 100 at the end. I defeated every boss except Hydra and even farmed souls for a bit in that playthrough.

I clocked up 100+ hours on play 1 by partaking in some jolly co-operation and general online dabbling. That plus preparation for NG+ and just experimenting with all kinds of weapons.

Dark Souls 2 leaked concept art
9zrsk3.jpg

2w2eh4g.jpg

a2qk4y.jpg

Great... another giant spider. We don't have enough of those. :rolleyes:

Looking forward to this. In a way, I'm also glad that it's getting released next year as there are quite a lot of games (not to mention the ps4) on my radar this year.

Looking forward to Dark Souls II more than ever 👍 Especially after watching EpicNameBro's analysis of the beta:

I'm just mad that the PC version will be delayed. Seems to be the way to go, these days... I wonder if Sony and Microsoft are actively trying to coerce developers into doing that, so the PC version won't grab too much attention. You know, these days, it's most likely looking better than either console version. Seems fishy, especially considering that From Software stated that the PC was going to be the lead platform this time.

^ Great! You can be invaded even when you're Hollow :D

And you lose HP if you loose your Humanity. Nice! More challanging!!

Yeah, stripping the hollow form off of its advantages is a good design decision, in my opinion. Going hollow was so much safer than being human - although doing that went squarely in the face of the lore and story.

Have put close to 25 hours into Dark Souls so far. As a veteran of Demon's Souls, I have to say, it does have a fair share of unfair BS. Don't get me wrong, it's good fun, and for the most part, the difficulty is just right. But occasionally you die from the most BS things, like someone pulling a lever so you fall off a bridge, or enemies that can hit you through walls.

I've been stuck in the Catacombs for around 8-9 hours (HATE RESSURECTING ENEMIES!), and finally managed to get through and kill the boss. After that, I figured I'd press on into "Tomb of Giants" as I was sure that I'd get a bonfire soon. I was wrong... Lost a good amount of Souls and I once again have to fight the masses of skeletons that I've been fighting for far too long now. I long for the sunlight :(.
But turning back at this point seems dumb. Is Soul level 30 too small for the Tomb of Giants?

Have put close to 25 hours into Dark Souls so far. As a veteran of Demon's Souls, I have to say, it does have a fair share of unfair BS. Don't get me wrong, it's good fun, and for the most part, the difficulty is just right. But occasionally you die from the most BS things, like someone pulling a lever so you fall off a bridge, or enemies that can hit you through walls.

I've been stuck in the Catacombs for around 8-9 hours (HATE RESSURECTING ENEMIES!), and finally managed to get through and kill the boss. After that, I figured I'd press on into "Tomb of Giants" as I was sure that I'd get a bonfire soon. I was wrong... Lost a good amount of Souls and I once again have to fight the masses of skeletons that I've been fighting for far too long now. I long for the sunlight :(.
But turning back at this point seems dumb. Is Soul level 30 too small for the Tomb of Giants?

Never had a moment in Dark Souls where I had the feeling I was killed because of some unfair BS.

The Tomb of Giants can be hard especially if it is your first play through. Do you have the Lord Vessel? Get out of there if you dont have it. Personally I dont think level is very important in Dark souls and the game can be finished on any level. Its all about your equipment.

Never had a moment in Dark Souls where I had the feeling I was killed because of some unfair BS.

The Tomb of Giants can be hard especially if it is your first play through. Do you have the Lord Vessel? Get out of there if you dont have it. Personally I dont think level is very important in Dark souls and the game can be finished on any level. Its all about your equipment.

I've yet to find any special weapons. My favorite and most used weapon thus far is the Halberd. Excellent for keeping your distance and for fighting in hallways. The idea of going back now is depressing. I feel like I've come too far for that :).

Back