Daytona Prototypes

  • Thread starter Thread starter PhatFat
  • 40 comments
  • 2,882 views
When I talked about making a name for yourself at endurances, I forgot one:

Bathurst

It may be the youngest 24-Hour endurance, but it just might put Australia on worldwide notice. I see good things from good old Mount Panorama. And "Do You Race?," I just do what I can to address situations as best as I can. My opinions, like anyone else's, are subject to agreement and disagreement. So don't be afraid to sound off whenever you have the chance. And if someone comes up with a comment that you can turn around and completely take down the poster, let me tell you. Go for the OWN!

I can't believe I never gave a shout-out to Bathurst in one of my recent replies here. My apologies, my Aussie friends.
 
There's a good reason why we missed Bathurst, John ... they aren't running it again. A lot of the exotic international teams were not happy with the dominance of the Holden Monaro (1st and 2nd both years ... daylight third) and said they wouldn't come back because HRT uses technical data from the V8 Supercars to aid their cars.

Though it was good n the respect that Peter Perfect got his 10th Bathurst win there ... shame it wasn't ni a V8 ...
 
Well to be matter of factual, Brock really can't have his 24hrs considered as his 10th 'Bathurst', cause that way it means Murph has his '5th', but then again it's Brock, and Aussies change the rules when he's involved, whereas Murph gets (in his words) "5 ******' minutes" for the same incident in the same race... BTW, I do believe if it wasn't for that 5 minutes Murph would've had a three-peat/hat-trick this year...
 
The fuel rig incident?

Hope that doesn't happen in GT4 Pit Stops ...
 
I'm really no fan of the Daytona Prototypes, but at the end of the day they are still 'high performance' racing cars and therefore i'd much prefere to drive them in GT4 than any low-performance 'Kei' car or the like, thats designed for trips to the supermarket or dropping the kids off at school. I know PD class GranTurismo as a 'driving sim' rather than a 'racing' game - but the game does revolve around racing doesn't it.
 
hellnback
Is it just me, or do most of the Daytona Prototypes look... 'ick', like they've been designed by ppl with no design skills whatsoever...

Only two of those look nice, the Black No.58 and the Maserati...

I'd rather have the LM's, FIA-GT & FIA-GTS class vehicles... before we get the Daytona Prototypes...

i totally agree with you.

the black number 58 is a "porsche carrera gt"
 
If that's a Porsche Carrera GT, then I'm on Mars.
 
#58 is a Brumos Racing/Porsche FABCAR powered by a Porsche 3.6L GT3R Flat 6.

Porsche Carrera GT is V10 powered, thus it's not a Porsche Carrera GT.
 
hellnback
#58 is a Brumos Racing/Porsche FABCAR powered by a Porsche 3.6L GT3R Flat 6.

Porsche Carrera GT is V10 powered, thus it's not a Porsche Carrera GT.

good. good.

still a waste of a GT3R
 
hellnback
#58 is a Brumos Racing/Porsche FABCAR powered by a Porsche 3.6L GT3R Flat 6.

Porsche Carrera GT is V10 powered, thus it's not a Porsche Carrera GT.

you smell a bit, aren't you
 
Back