DBeav12's Legit Cops and Cruise Club [CLOSED]

  • Thread starter Thread starter Beav
  • 13,997 comments
  • 587,269 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
Coming, if it's still up.
 
cgg
On my way!

New speed of 223mph by the way.

Ill probably be on tomorrow, so ill test my gt... (beats almost anything on the sarthe straights :D)
 
Room was really fun today! 'Nuff said.
 
TheKitten
Not for me, but i guess this killed my reputation.

That's because you are a noob
 

He was joking. Kitten and Lock are on the same team (RSM) so I would think they can joke around with each other.
 
He was joking. Kitten and Lock are on the same team (RSM) so I would think they can joke around with each other.

Ohh :lol: , thought it was something series.
 
Because calling someone a noob is so hardcore you know. Mmm hmm. Crazy stuff.
 
Yeah i was just kidding guys. Me and TheKitten are good friends, he should know I am messing with him :).

I should be able to join tomorrow afternoon. Got to break in the new patrol car
 
Last edited:
Finally got my steering wheel - will cruise with it tomorrow 👍
 
Pinkintron
Finally got my steering wheel - will cruise with it tomorrow 👍
Nice. Wheels make the game a lot more fun.
Which one did you get?
 
Nice. Wheels make the game a lot more fun.
Which one did you get?

Well, I thought I was going to get a G27. I got impatient, and the convenience was there - got the GT Logitech wheel.
 
Pinkintron
Well, I thought I was going to get a G27. I got impatient, and the convenience was there - got the GT Logitech wheel.

Oh ok. Well they DFGT is a good wheel. I went through three of them before I got my G27. Having a wheel will make GT5 brand new. You will probably enjoy cruising a lot more too.
 
Oh ok. Well they DFGT is a good wheel. I went through three of them before I got my G27. Having a wheel will make GT5 brand new. You will probably enjoy cruising a lot more too.
Yeah, just plugged it in. Hoping I get used to it quickly. At first I wasn't sure if it had those flappy paddle gear shift things like the G27 - All shiny and what not. I does though, so I'll be working on that.

Edit: Having such a blast. Thought I was going to be able to take my Ferrari out around the High Speed Ring. I was wrong. Back to ground 0 and try a... more reasonable car. *takes out 2003 Citroën Xsara*
 
Yeah, just plugged it in. Hoping I get used to it quickly. At first I wasn't sure if it had those flappy paddle gear shift things like the G27 - All shiny and what not. I does though, so I'll be working on that.

Edit: Having such a blast. Thought I was going to be able to take my Ferrari out around the High Speed Ring. I was wrong. Back to ground 0 and try a... more reasonable car. *takes out 2003 Citroën Xsara*

Question, what do you have your wheel mounted to? Does your setup take up much space? I've been thinking about getting a wheel but a lack of space in my room is the main reason that's keeping me from doing it.
 
Question, what do you have your wheel mounted to? Does your setup take up much space? I've been thinking about getting a wheel but a lack of space in my room is the main reason that's keeping me from doing it.

It doesn't take up much space at all - I have a picture I will provide, gimmie a sec.

Edit: I have an old set up desk - TV on top and everything in the slots underneath it. Only thing that's bugging me is the pedals - they don't go as far back as I would want them - I'd need to move stuff around. And yes, I know I need to dust. Don't remind me.

RIY9dm.jpg

ImqWeP.jpg

hpmHi8.jpg
 
Last edited:
Thanks for the pictures. My setup's different, my desk is one one wall, and the TV's sitting atop a large dresser (no space for feet like your TV table) to the right. I can't (and don't want) to sit as close to the TV as you do, but my desk doesn't exactly stick out in front of the dresser, so I'm at a loss for where to mount a wheel, unless I pull out the folding table, but the stability of that thing is questionable, and I don't know how sturdy it would have to be for a wheel. By the way, you need to dust. Be sure to especially dust that NES down there.
 
Thanks for the pictures. My setup's different, my desk is one one wall, and the TV's sitting atop a large dresser (no space for feet like your TV table) to the right. I can't (and don't want) to sit as close to the TV as you do, but my desk doesn't exactly stick out in front of the dresser, so I'm at a loss for where to mount a wheel, unless I pull out the folding table, but the stability of that thing is questionable, and I don't know how sturdy it would have to be for a wheel. By the way, you need to dust. Be sure to especially dust that NES down there.
Yeah, that's the thing - I hate to sit this close to the TV, but I have to if I want to reach the steering wheel properly. The leg room is a bit annoying, but it's tolerable for me. But yeah, unless you have one of those pull out things, I'd say either hold off on the wheel or buy a nice new desk with leg room with it.
And yeah, the SNES is played often - still needs a good dust though. :sly:
 
No my desk has leg room, plenty of it. Enough for my feet and two dogs under there. But my desk is where the computer is. To the right of my desk is the dresser where the TV and the Playstation are. I guess at my current seating position I would have enough legroom with a wheel, but again the question is where the hell do I mount it without getting one of those convoluted cockpit setups because that's just a big eff you to practicality, you know? If only I had space for a coffee table or something. But thanks for the answers. 👍
 
No my desk has leg room, plenty of it. Enough for my feet and two dogs under there. But my desk is where the computer is. To the right of my desk is the dresser where the TV and the Playstation are. I guess at my current seating position I would have enough legroom with a wheel, but again the question is where the hell do I mount it without getting one of those convoluted cockpit setups because that's just a big eff you to practicality, you know? If only I had space for a coffee table or something. But thanks for the answers. 👍

Heh, yeah, some of those cockpit setups look so... complex and tedious. I'm trying to put an image in my head of how your set up is - nonetheless trying to find a mounting position from where you would sit now would be... well, it wouldn't be, because it can't be there.
Oh, and no problem - glad to help 👍
 
I don't blame them. There's quite a bit of useless, crappy posts in here that you have to wade through to actually find an important post. Too much random banter by certain members. Others are pretty good about making worthwhile posts though.

...

No my desk has leg room, plenty of it. Enough for my feet and two dogs under there. But my desk is where the computer is. To the right of my desk is the dresser where the TV and the Playstation are. I guess at my current seating position I would have enough legroom with a wheel, but again the question is where the hell do I mount it without getting one of those convoluted cockpit setups because that's just a big eff you to practicality, you know? If only I had space for a coffee table or something. But thanks for the answers. 👍

Hmm...
 
He was joking. Kitten and Lock are on the same team (RSM) so I would think they can joke around with each other.

Where have you been? Lock left RedSuns.


Now, I need to find a car that does not piss of people.

Edit: Ill show later my Setup of my G27 :3.
 
Now, I need to find a car that does not piss off people.

It's not the car you were driving (I was driving the same car) it's what you were doing with it. You were revving it and honking. If you know anything about Doog, his least favorite things are: revving, honking, hitting him while parking (Edit: and calling people 12 year olds). If it was the car you were driving that he was mad at, he would've been hitting me, too, but I was just sitting there quietly, and I was fine.
 
Last edited:
...



Hmm...

Okay DBeav, it's interesting you pick out my questions about a racing wheel (with the interest of cruising as a priority) but yet let all the stupid little one line, one sentence posts off the hook. It's probably because I'm a stupid twelve year old, right?
 
To be fair, the first post, I agree with DBeav, but the second, I don't
 
Doog
Okay DBeav, it's interesting you pick out my questions about a racing wheel (with the interest of cruising as a priority) but yet let all the stupid little one line, one sentence posts off the hook. It's probably because I'm a stupid twelve year old, right?

I only picked your post because you were complaining about irrelevant posts. No one else (that I remember) complained about irrelevant posts.

And I never said you were stupid or a 12 year old, so I don't really know why you say that. I am sure you are around 15-16 since you are driving.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back