DC: GTP "weekly" drawing contest # 8: get some acids and design something!

• Thread starter Cano
  • 223 comments
Cano set up the comp. therefore Cano decides when the poll goes up. Simple. It was clear from the beginning that this comp. was basically open-ended. Look at it this way; It gives you plenty of time to really finish those entries to perfection. I still haven't got anything to show though :embarrassed:

well, if given enough time I'm sure someone could even outdo him. I'm still for getting the poll, as we already have about 20 entries and I wouldn't like voting in a poll that's much larger than that.

Since you guys are so impatient here's mine... I think that's the worst scanning job I've done ever... oh well... Anyway, I don't expect it to go far since it's just a "truck" but it's one that I've been interested in for a while now. I didn't get to finish it obviously, but it's ok I don't have time to do anything for a while.

VipFREAK-1.jpg

I haven't looked in these comps before but they look really good. I always used to draw cars and I'm sure I can get my self into it again. The only problem is that I can't get my scanner working...Maybe a digi photo will be good enough quality? Anyway unless it ends really soon count me in. If it does end soon than I'll be in the next;)

cano is fine- he's been doing photoshop competitions dood.. lol

edit: after going through this post.. i feel like drawing.. but i haz no wacomm tablet in this room & my sketchpad is in my car (i'm at school)

I've drawn the front and side now I need to do a 3d one from the back if you get me, but I'm not good at them so it will prolly suck.

I tried one the other night and it completly looked screwed, I'lll dwar something else in the next few days.

:odd: and how come you would post the damned poll for me? forget it dude, I'll post the poll when no one else will have an entry to show. look, there are now two people that are working on something now, plus I have to post mine (scanned at last, look for it tonight). I'll (I WILL, I, ME you get the picture) post the poll when it's about damned time and when everyone that is participating submits the stuff. nuff said? ok.

Cano

and those entries look pretty good. I like the widebodyness. and I hope suzie and blake will submit theirs soon (yeah suzie, do it, come on)
and, to clarify things a bit, I haven't been on gtp for a while due to working on my two websites.

sorry, just wasn't sure if you'd taken an extended leave or something. I figured that every time we have a break in activity, you're not around, so everyone's done with their entries for a week or so, and then another guy posts about wanting to enter so then when you get back we're on our Nth round of new participants. Quite frankly I'd like to get the poll out of the way, but I guess I'm just going to have to learn that time-honored virtue of patience... *sighs exhaustedly*

ok.. i got my 3/4 done of 'blade' its not quite what i had in mind.. but not bad for like an hour worth of drawing.. i am so not happy with it still:
blade.jpg

342679_13_full.jpg

That looks cool! Especially the side view, I will post mine within 24 hours, if I haven't posted it by then just put up poll without me.

Originally posted by Blake
That looks cool! Especially the side view, I will post mine within 24 hours, if I haven't posted it by then just put up poll without me.

Relax. Knowing Cano the poll's not going to happen for a while...
(jk)

that's very interesting suzie. tose frontal twin holes remind me of a certain car, altiugh I can't point it out for sure, but they look familiar. nice.
now, for mine. welcome to the Celes (ok, ok, I had a Windam) a front engine, rear drive luxury sports car with serious retro styling. getting the rearend to work was hell. and I made many possible sketches of how many of it's parts and components could look. here:

Attachments

• concept.jpg
    concept.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 220
Hey cano, your drawing skills are amazing, most people who participate in these compitions are gifted. If any of you guys ever want to see what the car would look like as a real production model send me (djmproductions@optonline.net) 4 drawings; front, back, side, and top 3/4 views would be very helpful also. They would have to be somewhat in scale to eachother for the best results. I'm a 3d modeler and either I will try to make a model, or i'm sure other people I know would jump at the chance to model one of your drawings. PM me if anyones interested...sorry for posting off topic, so get back to drawing!! good luck guys:)

hmm.. looks a little bugatti veyron (from the front) to me.. but that rear 3/4 looks sweet :D (the outline one- not the shaded one)

here's the one that you were thinking of i think... alfa romeo competizone concept:
8c2.jpg

sorry 4 the size.:irked:

-___- that thing looks an awful lot like my car -___- but I never really remembered it when I was drawing it. in fact, I think that the side view of my car was done before that alfa was released. this one is very old, I just rescued the drawing and got to make the remaining parts.

Cano

Originally posted by Jpec07
Relax. Knowing Cano the poll's not going to happen for a while...
(jk)

Can you not live without seeing the poll up or something? Geez, just let Cano yes, Cano post the poll when he wants. :rolleyes:

Cano, that design is awesome.

Back