DC: GTP "weekly" drawing contest # 8: get some acids and design something!

• Thread starter Cano
  • 223 comments
nop. my mac still does't run. I have to really get into it but I have no time. my design is finished with multimple pictures, engine sketches, different fronts and stuff, it even has a name. It's called Windam. Its a V12 powered luxury sportster wit real retro styling. hold on, I'll get the damn thing to work someday.

Cano

testing new avatar... works fine..

Originally posted by Dark Skyline
Isnt this Windam? here

aah, shut up XD well,, yeah... this is another windam -_-

Cano

and it may not be suposed to be cute, but it is, it looks like Fisher Price or Playskool made it :dopey:

Originally posted by Cano
and yes, this competition is gonna last for quite a while still.

Thanks man! I need to really spice up my ideas. I can't think anymore. Its like i'm out of Idea on Project - Monster G...

Here is the Great Drawing i have done :sarcasm:

I will make a rear view when i get it done, its still in the making, and i might get a side view also,

Attachments

• untitled-3 copy.jpg
    untitled-3 copy.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 277
it looks more like abuggy for one single and simple reason. the fenders are too small. you need more metal in the fenders. 30s big cars were bulbous and fat. this things looks like it has the fenders of a model T. try to make the hood rounder too.

Cano

it looks more like abuggy for one single and simple reason. the fenders are too small. you need more metal in the fenders. 30s big cars were bulbous and fat. this things looks like it has the fenders of a model T. try to make the hood rounder too.

Cano

Cano, can you give me some ideas for my Project - Monster G? I'm having major drawers block...

it looks already good, but you could take off manye unnecesasry elements, like the little winglets in the front fascia and those too many air intakes troughout the body. also, make the top way lower, and you'd have a winner.

Cano

I don't understand, the only thing that looks like the Skyline is the cockpit part, the entire body is just bulky and I just flipped the Skyline 350GT lights around and modded them a little.

Originally posted by Darin
I don't understand, the only thing that looks like the Skyline is the cockpit part, the entire body is just bulky and I just flipped the Skyline 350GT lights around and modded them a little.

The only thing? You're having a laugh! The headlights are just about the only part that doesn't look like an R34 Skyline. All the following parts shriek R34:

- Front indicators
- Front grille
- Front air-splitter
- Front airdam
- Bumper mounted brake cooling ducts
- Rear wheelarches
- Flat part of rear spoiler
- Rear light clusters

You've pulled off the drawing well, but I think you need to use more originality. Still, it's more than I've come up with for this comp.

Originally posted by Darin
So, what do any of you'll think of my final entry?

that you should return to your 12-rotor car. this looks like a (badly) tooned R34. it is just rounder, but ALL the skyline elements are there. I clearly said NO existing car redesign, so this entry doesnt apply to the poll. the drawing is nice, but it wont do on this competition. the one I'll post, if you want, is the 12-rotor car.

Cano

and sorry to say, but the redesign wasn't even original. it is a skyline to boot, and an already-seen one.

that you should return to your 12-rotor car. this looks like a (badly) tooned R34. it is just rounder, but ALL the skyline elements are there. I clearly said NO existing car redesign, so this entry doesnt apply to the poll. the drawing is nice, but it wont do on this competition. the one I'll post, if you want, is the 12-rotor car.

Cano

Well, it was worth a try. I'll redesign my 12-Rotor tomarrow.

Originally posted by maccie
Hi all. I am pretty new here. Really like the forum, there is so much to do:)

I really liked to draw cars when I was a young boy, 20 years :rolleyes: ago. Anyway, here is my post.
-
------------------------------------

Cool design, reminded me alot about a little model car I had by Matchbox of a Peugeot Quasar concept made in 87 I think.

Pug Quasar

Originally posted by 72ElCamino
cool cant wait to see it:)

I guess you get to see it.

101_0119.jpg

Now, if your wondering why the ones on the top and bottom are so messed up. Its cause I can't draw things more than once. Its a curse upon me. I can't draw the same exact car more than once. after that once, it looks quite ugly like the one thats on the top and bottom. But hell, this is my final entry for good. I'm done with the competition.

yes, very sick darin. it looks cleaner than the previous one. and yes, we will have a poll, but as this competition takes more time than drawing a base car, it will just take longer for all of us.

Back