DD and friends: new video! Drifting, for real.

• Thread starter Suzuki
  • 135 comments
Sorry but I dont understand your question fully. I use the DFP, not the G25. But I use the "wand" for the shifter. The paddles go unused.

Ok, i knew after i wrote that comment that i should have tried to explain it better..sorry! :)

What button is used for the handbrake? i find it strange using a wheel and shifter and then resorting to a button to pull (or push!) the handbrake? so, i thought the best solution is to use the paddle shift for gear change and then use the gear shifter in sequential mode but reassign the handbrake button to the gear shifter so you can pull the sequential gear shift like a handbrake instead of trying to press a button. i hope thats a little more clear...:)

Ah, ok. I use circle for the handbrake. hard to use in the middle of going lock to lock, but i have gotten used to it. I tried using the shifter as a handbrake in GT4. I liked it, but didnt like shifting using the paddles. Then its harder than ever to upshift mid corner while full lock.

Ah, ok. I use circle for the handbrake. hard to use in the middle of going lock to lock, but i have gotten used to it. I tried using the shifter as a handbrake in GT4. I liked it, but didnt like shifting using the paddles. Then its harder than ever to upshift mid corner while full lock.

Yeah i get ye, 6 of 1 half dozen of another really isnt it....i guess il just try both and stick with what i like most. 👍

My point exactly.

Read the above comment.
Also, what does time have to do with drifting? Oh thats right, nothing.
I dont see anything from you in the top 10 speed, but mixing tires is not what i would call being on the top. Are you consistant enough to drift online with others live? Do you know what tandeming is? Can you do it good?

Wasn't trying to attack you there, and yes I think i can do all that pretty consistent. All I was saying the other reply is that's a nice addition in the specII upgrade to check others replays in the top ten online, either directly or save them to the hard drive, i wasn't talking about time???!!!

Wasn't trying to attack you there, and yes I think i can do all that pretty consistent. All I was saying the other reply is that's a nice addition in the specII upgrade to check others replays in the top ten online, either directly or save them to the hard drive, i wasn't talking about time???!!!

Lol I see now. Still doesnt change the fact that no computer can judge your drifting like a human can. My entry for corner one on daytona is wayyy before the marker even comes into play.

Lol I see now. Still doesnt change the fact that no computer can judge your drifting like a human can. My entry for corner one on daytona is wayyy before the marker even comes into play.

I still feel as though a computer can judge a drift just as well as a human can. They just need to remove the stupid judging areas so that you can get drift points for early entries.

I still feel as though a computer can judge a drift just as well as a human can. They just need to remove the stupid judging areas so that you can get drift points for early entries.

I think if a computer can judge as well as you say then the judges
wouldn't be in D1...The feeling that gets the human judge from a drift can never reprodused by any of computer at our times and so it can't be only a computer to be the judge..The computer can judge some "cold" entries like km/miles,angle,etc..BUT lets say a paradigm:Imagine in a track like Ebisu in qualification round 2 drivers with the exacly same km/angle,etc who will take the advantage in points?Maybe the one who's line came closest to the wall?I thing so.This is something that happens a lot of time...And the computers they can see that...That's why the human eye is the biggest judge..The computer simply helps to make our job easier...

*Sorry about my english

It is quite different, but yet very similar. If you were great at drifting in GT4, you will be good in prologue, but you will need to get used to the physics. GT4 I could go balls to the wall on entry, use braking while im sideways to slow me down enough so that I was still on line, had good angle, and everything. In Prologue its different. You cant enter corners quite like you could in GT4, balls to the wall and all. I think the tire physics changed that quite a bit, but in a good way. We now have more grip while sideways to accell than GT4 did. Overall I love Prologue, it just took some getting used to.

Nice stuff Suzuki! I just got the game the other day and I too noticed that that you have to be much more careful with the entry than in GT4.. which threw me off a bit. Only tried the stock FD around HSR so far, and although it seems like a few issues from the old model are still there it's very promising.

I'm still a bit committed to touring car racing in Forza, but from the look of things I have no doubt I'll be back here when the final product drops! Happy to report that the old DF didn't work at all in this game so it'll be 900 degrees all the way for me too now.

Also glad to see DR back on the scene, maybe we'll see some IDM sessions in the future - if the timezones allow it ;)

Ske
I'm still a bit committed to touring car racing in Forza, but from the look of things I have no doubt I'll be back here when the final product drops!

You and me both. I'm not very happy with the MS FFB wheel, but it does the job ok, most of the time. I've been wondering if I should try the other Axial Feadback wheel. Thoughts?

Also glad to see DR back on the scene, maybe we'll see some IDM sessions in the future - if the timezones allow it ;)

Indeed. I'm very happy to see some of the top IDM guys still around. I think maybe IDM version 2 may be in the works for the future. More of a focus on grip and drift, I'm thinking.

We'll be in touch.

;)

You and me both. I'm not very happy with the MS FFB wheel, but it does the job ok, most of the time. I've been wondering if I should try the other Axial Feadback wheel. Thoughts?

I had (have) the MS wheel but it started misbehaving (buttons and paddles locking up) so I went and bought the Logitech... a much better option in my opinion, both in build quality and feel. The feedback feels light at first, but it's quite a bit better than the MS once you get used to it. Just make sure you toggle the sensitivity.

Indeed. I'm very happy to see some of the top IDM guys still around. I think maybe IDM version 2 may be in the works for the future. More of a focus on grip and drift, I'm thinking.

International Driving Mayhem? :dopey:

I'd like to see that, as I'm more into grip these days - partly because of the drift hype, but mostly due to the fact that drifting in Forza isn't very fun, smooth or rewarding.

PS: Sorry for that off topic excursion, we should definitely pick up that idea somewhere down the line :dunce:

The new video, In London, Sick! I noticed you used a few different techniques, and they all worked perfectly, you guys kept the tandem close, and some corners were perfect, now you guys need to headset phone each-other that way you have some communication while driving, making it even easier to stay together...

I'm guessing you drift in the Cockpit view all the time?

Yes, cockpit view all the time. And we would have been on TS, but it messed with the recording in a very weird way. I spliced 2 rca cables together so I can hook one end up to the tv and the other to my capture card. And somehow with teamspeak on I got no audio, but bee heard the audio from the game and I couldnt hear him.

Great new vid, Suzuki. Lovin' the tandem action. 👍

I had (have) the MS wheel but it started misbehaving (buttons and paddles locking up) so I went and bought the Logitech... a much better option in my opinion, both in build quality and feel. The feedback feels light at first, but it's quite a bit better than the MS once you get used to it. Just make sure you toggle the sensitivity.

Ok, sounds good. I'll give it a try.

International Driving Mayhem?

I'd like to see that, as I'm more into grip these days - partly because of the drift hype, but mostly due to the fact that drifting in Forza isn't very fun, smooth or rewarding.

PS: Sorry for that off topic excursion, we should definitely pick up that idea somewhere down the line

I'm with you there. I've been doing some drifting in Forza 2, but it's not responsive enough, and never really ends up looking as cool as it should. Not rewarding at all. I spend most of my time racing, nowadays.

;)

Lay and Bee,
Cool music, good drifts, and nice job capturing tandem online.
Drift Dojo represented well!
This is probably the first tandem video of GT5. props for doing it.
Thanks Breaker, you need to join in our sessions sometime.
Yes, I do think it is the first tandem drift video for GT5 Prologue.

Thanks Breaker, you need to join in our sessions sometime.
Yes, I do think it is the first tandem drift video for GT5 Prologue.

Hope for replays soon.
Team Drift Dojo sessions would look sick with the new cars, physics, and tracks.

Heck guys, I was thinking that i wass an OK drifter but ya'll ust blew me out of the water. That was insanely done and came out real nice. Mayor props to both of you.

Hope for replays soon.
Team Drift Dojo sessions would look sick with the new cars, physics, and tracks.
Yes!!! I reallllly want online replays! And for you to come join in on the sessions.

Heck guys, I was thinking that i wass an OK drifter but ya'll ust blew me out of the water. That was insanely done and came out real nice. Mayor props to both of you.
Thanks. Keep practicing and you will will get better. I think most of the things I learned carried over from GT4 and our Xlink sessions. I still have a lot of things to get used to in GT5 Prologue. One big one with tandem drifting is the smoke! I have had quite a few wrecks because I couldnt see a thing through the smoke and ended up either hitting a wall, bee, or come really close to it. I almost hit him because of that somewhere in the video.

Back