Dear PD, please bring GT7 back to DAY 1 physics and ffb

• Thread starter EbrahimX7
  • 182 comments
Saudi Arabia
Jeddah
Jeddah_Racing
Everything was fun and I felt addicted to the game when it came out, made me play daily like a mad man with a smile.
Now its extremly boring played once after the physics were killed and once now after 1.15 now ffb is killed. Cars were alive back then, ffb was decent, just needed more content.

SOOO PD PLEASE COPY ALPHA UPDATE, PASTE, RELEASE. thanks!

Yeah, the cars were "alive", but they wanted nothing more than to kill you. There is no need to return to the previous physics just because it was more difficult, it was less realistic than what we have now. There's still plenty of room for improvement, but we shouldn't go backwards to look for it.

Yeah, the cars were "alive", but they wanted nothing more than to kill you. There is no need to return to the previous physics just because it was more difficult, it was less realistic than what we have now. There's still plenty of room for improvement, but we shouldn't go backwards to look for it.
They could just improve tcs, but flooring race cars without tcs and asm and not spinning is extremely unrealistic even more than before.

No. Look at onboard videos of "real race cars" and you'll see drivers being extremely aggressive on the throttle. Snap oversteer simply does not happen on any vaguely modern race car.
Because they have a sophisticated traction control system. Look at F1 on board with telemetry since tcs is banned and see how they cant floor it. And thats the grippest of all cars.

Everything was fun and I felt addicted to the game when it came out, made me play daily like a mad man with a smile.
Now its extremly boring played once after the physics were killed and once now after 1.15 now ffb is killed. Cars were alive back then, ffb was decent, just needed more content.

SOOO PD PLEASE COPY ALPHA UPDATE, PASTE, RELEASE. thanks!
Yes please.

Because they have a sophisticated traction control system. Look at F1 on board with telemetry since tcs is banned and see how they cant floor it. And thats the grippest of all cars.
F1 cars make their grip from aerodynamics. They're really not that great in the mechanical grip dept.

They could just improve tcs, but flooring race cars without tcs and asm and not spinning is extremely unrealistic even more than before.
Have you ever driven a race car without TCS and ASM?

I have and they do not behave like GT7 day 1 physics, not even close. GT7's physics day 1 were wrong, a point I argued into the wind with many denying it (and it seems that hasn't changed) despite PD eventually acknowledging it. Oversteer without any degree of progression, which was the main trait of the day one physics, was plain wrong. Even bringing race cars into the mix is also a strawman, as the worst offenders were RWD road cars in the day 1 physics, which should have had even more progressive tyres than the race cars.

Defending a physics model that saw the rear step out on road rubber, at moderate speeds and steady rpm, with zero progression, is to not understand how vehicle physics and dynamics actually work.

By all means argue that you enjoyed it more (a camp that I think you will find actually had few followers), but please don't try and argue that it was realistic, it wasn't and PD acknowledged that (eventually).

Have you ever driven a race car without TCS and ASM?

I have and they do not behave like GT7 day 1 physics, not even close. GT7's physics day 1 were wrong, a point I argued into the wind with many denying it (and it seems that hasn't changed) despite PD eventually acknowledging it. Oversteer without any degree of progression, which was the main trait of the day one physics, was plain wrong. Even bringing race cars into the mix is also a strawman, as the worst offenders were RWD road cars in the day 1 physics, which should have had even more progressive tyres than the race cars.

Defending a physics model that saw the rear step out on road rubber, at moderate speeds and steady rpm, with zero progression, is to not understand how vehicle physics and dynamics actually work.

By all means argue that you enjoyed it more (a camp that I think you will find actually had few followers), but please don't try and argue that it was realistic, it wasn't and PD acknowledged that (eventually).
Im not saying day 1 physics were realistic, GT were never realistic, day1 physics was just soo good for improving car control skills, it had logic and a technique. Maybe you didnt have the time to get used to it. But now its just flooring every corner and slamming brakes every corner, and no oversteer. There is no car control what so ever..

Its just my opinion that the game feels so dead to me now when it was super good for me. I was so addicted. Some cars were bad like the ford gt and r8 gr3. PD just needed tiny improvements not complete physics overhaul. It just went back to gtsport imo.

There is only one game in the world available to the public that is kinda close to reality, which is rfactor 2. And yes I have driven real rwd race cars, (GT4), supercars and average road cars.

Day 1 physics? When the cars all had "LOL, oversteer" syndrome?

Magic No GIF by Morphin

Maybe you didnt have the time to get used to it.
I shouldn't have to get used to it if it's a sim!

With every other sim on the planet you can take real world techniques and logic and it will be applicable, if that's not the case then a fundamental issue exists with the title, as was the case with day 1 physics.
But now its just flooring every corner and slamming brakes every corner, and no oversteer. There is no car control what so ever..
That's simply not true at all.

There is only one game in the world available to the public that is kinda close to reality, which is rfactor 2.
Nope it's not the only one at all.

And yes I have driven real rwd race cars, (GT4), supercars and average road cars.
Which makes defending he mess that was GT7's day 1 physics utterly bizarre.

There was undoubtedly a great sense of accomplishment and satisfaction from getting that perfect lap with the old physics but honestly I didn’t want to race online because of the eggshell nature of getting a car around one lap let alone several, throw in tyre wear and it was just too hard. Perhaps theyve gone too far the other way.
FFB on the other hand is a total mess now.

That's a firm no from me, the physics have improved. I can't speak across the board for FFB, that's a seperate issue, but the physics (tyre physics at least) whilst still far from perfect are considerably better than they were at launch.

Last edited:
Day one sure was fun, but like many others have said, it wasn't realistic, just hard. We really need a balanced model where oversteer is a manageable thing like is the factual case in road cars. It's better now, but with the caveat of pronounced understeer in some cars, and oversteer is still not a malleable, linear, and controllable thing like it is the in real world. If GT7 were real life, drifting wouldn't be a thing.

TCS has absolutely nothing to do with handling in any way, so I don't know why it's continually brought up in tandem with physics. Yes, race series use it sometimes, but I don't care at all. All the drivers in those series would be perfectly capable of driving the cars without it, just like 80 years of race driving has proven, so the argument that "it's required" still has NOTHING to do with anything. Cars have been TCS-less for much longer than they've had it, and still, anyone who's anyone in a car turns it off when it comes to pushing the limits of the car if they know what they're doing.

This is not to knock those that use it, it's only to say that TCS means less than nothing when it comes to a physics model and realistic modeling of vehicle dynamics. TCS is a band-aid for a lack of throttle control. That's all it is.

Everyone talks about throttle input, but the original physics made some cars impossible to corner with.

The BMW CSL was a great example. You could not do a lap of Interlagos. Turn 5 would put you into a spin everytime unless you crawled.

This is absolutely false if you ever watched IMSA when they took away the TCS from the LMPC cars. :lol: Those bronze guys were STRUGGLING.
I guess I should have said all the drivers worthy of actually being in a professional race series. Throttle control is a basic fundamental of driving anything, and those that want to run with the best should be able to manage traction with their right foot. I just find it kind of sad that there are "professional" drivers out there that lean on a computer making sure they don't get wheelspin.

It's like a baseball player having a ball with a gyro in it to change its trajectory, a professional shooter with an auto-aiming gun, or a golfer with a ball that seeks the hole. What's the point?

This is nonsense. If you floor it without aids in any race cars you will spin the wheels up and require counter steer.
It really annoys me when people speak in broad terms that imply they aren't considering any of the aspects of what they're talking about. That's real nonsense.

There are Caterham race cars with 60hp... you think they always get oversteer with full throttle? How about old FWD Minis? Spec Civics? Nissan Micra race cars? FWD? AWD? Race car doesn't mean GT3 and up, RWD, high-powered rockets.

Do you see how speaking in blanket statements can be incorrect and make people think you have no idea what you're talking about?

Last edited:
I guess I should have said all the drivers worthy of actually being in a professional race series. Throttle control is a basic fundamental of driving anything, and those that want to run with the best should be able to manage traction with their right foot. I just find it kind of sad that there are "professional" drivers out there that lean on a computer making sure they don't get wheelspin.

It's like a baseball player having a ball with a gyro in it to change its trajectory, a professional shooter with an auto-aiming gun, or a golfer with a ball that seeks the hole. What's the point?

It really annoys me when people speak in broad terms that imply they aren't considering any of the aspects of what they're talking about. That's real nonsense.

There are Caterham race cars with 60hp... you think they always get oversteer with full throttle? How about old FWD Minis? Spec Civics? Nissan Micra race cars? FWD? AWD? Race car doesn't mean GT3 and up, RWD, high-powered rockets.

Do you see how speaking in blanket statements can be incorrect and make people think you have no idea what you're talking about?

To clarify I was talking about race cars in Gran Turismo, not real life.

Back