December Car Pack Clue Thread

• Thread starter JPinto
  • 103 comments
The small part visible is the trailing edge of the front fender.

Also, you can be pretty sure it will be a 2-door post, using the basic assets from the Hoonigan car.

I realize that now from looking at the picture a second time. If that's the case, this pack (and the end of my workday) cannot come soon enough.

The blue car in the corner sort of looks like a 1955 Chevy 150/210/Belair.

Well, the 150 was barebones, and it was popular both as a police car and as a hot rod... If it's that, can we haz with the Blue Flame inline-6 and an automatic gearbox?

Well, the 150 was barebones, and it was popular both as a police car and as a hot rod... If it's that, can we haz with the Blue Flame inline-6 and an automatic gearbox?

I'd be happy with a '55 in any customizable form, as opposed to just the Hoonigan version I can't do anything with.

Unrelated, but I've always wanted to build a '53 or '54 Chevy custom and replace the Stovebolt 6 with the GM Atlas LL8 straight 6 from the Chevy TrailBlazer.

Unrelated, but I've always wanted to build a '53 or '54 Chevy custom and replace the Stovebolt 6 with the GM Atlas LL8 straight 6 from the Chevy TrailBlazer.

That always struck me as such an odd engine for GM to make. Completely unlike the rest of its lineup, and surprisingly powerful. Nice to see it mentioned. 👍

...did they really just add a Nissan Patrol, after the rugged offroader drought we had in Horizon 3? Bah. I don't mind the addition of the particular model (which I like), but it seems more and more than they're going for the "let's stuff 7 cars from our to-do list in this month's DLC" approach. Last month we got two MY 2017 FCA cars and two Gr. 5 heavy hitters, now we get two pre-war Mille Miglia racers and not one, not two, but three SUVs.

Remember when GM built a Bel Air concept and stuck the L52 inline-5 in it, instead of going for the LL8? Good times. :lol:

So here are the clues with their answers:
Clue 1
Sometimes I like fish tacos, but other times I just prefer pasta with sausage.
Porsche Cayenne Turbo

Clue 2
If someone tells you that something is unnecessary or over-the-top, it’s probably something you actually want and you should talk to that other person anymore.
Jeep Trackhawk

Clue 3
One-off, one-win wonder!
Porsche 804

Clue 4
Long before the Hemi, there were other engines with hemispherical heads that radically improved performance. This car is one of them.
BMW 328

Clue 5
Bare bones and basic. You could chase or be chased in it.
Chevy 210

Clue 6
This will become the oldest car in the Forza Motorsport series.
Bugatti Type 35

Clue 7
This is a rig that can truly do just about anything depending on the configuration.
Nissan Safari

I'm ok with this month's DLC since I like the odd, quirky, old cars - so I'm really excited about the 1926 Bugatti Type 35, 1939 BMW 328, and 1962 Porsche 804. I really have no use for the SUVs (but would've loved them in Horizon 3) and I'll withhold judgment on the 1955 Chevrolet 150 Utility Sedan until we see what kind of customization options come with it.

That always struck me as such an odd engine for GM to make. Completely unlike the rest of its lineup, and surprisingly powerful. Nice to see it mentioned. 👍
I've been bored by the small block/big block conversion for decades. It's so automatic, people don't even think about what other options there might be. All the Atlas engines would be great for hot rods and customs.

Remember when GM built a Bel Air concept and stuck the L52 inline-5 in it, instead of going for the LL8? Good times. :lol:
I remember it well. I think the fact that the 2-seat Thunderbird revival kinda fizzled out help seal the fate on the 5-cylinder Bel Air concept.

I've been bored by the small block/big block conversion for decades. It's so automatic, people don't even think about what other options there might be. All the Atlas engines would be great for hot rods and customs.

I remember it well. I think the fact that the 2-seat Thunderbird revival kinda fizzled out help seal the fate on the 5-cylinder Bel Air concept.

I remember the Bel Air concept as well, I went to car shows with a buddy quite often back then, I was in middle/high school and saw it in person.

I rather like the pack.

The Bugatti Type 35C has a bug when you have to homologate it in that it adds too many parts and you can’t race it! I removed the oil cooler (slot to the left of the flywheel) which removed a couple of horsepower and a couple of pounds and got the car down to A624 and enabled it to race.

Back